About Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA)
Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. is a media and entertainment company. The Company's segments include Cable Network Programming; Television; Filmed Entertainment, and Other, Corporate and Eliminations. The Cable Network Programming segment produces and licenses news, business news, sports, general entertainment, factual entertainment and movie programming for distribution. The Television segment is engaged in the operation of broadcast television stations and the broadcasting of network programming in the United States. The Filmed Entertainment segment is engaged in the production and acquisition of live-action and animated motion pictures for distribution and licensing in all formats in all entertainment media, and the production and licensing of television programming around the world. The Other, Corporate and Eliminations segment consists primarily of corporate overhead and eliminations, and other businesses.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Entertainment - Diversified
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: FOXA
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $30.56
- 50 Day Moving Average: $30.56
- 200 Day Moving Average: $27.90
- 52-Week Range: $23.33 - $31.75
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.87
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 14.89
- P/E Growth: 1.21
- Market Cap: $57.32B
- Outstanding Shares: 1,850,834,000
- Beta: 1.31
- Net Margins: 10.99%
- Return on Equity: 24.05%
- Return on Assets: 7.51%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.27%
- Current Ratio: 2.33%
- Quick Ratio: 1.81%
Companies Related to Twenty-First Century Fox:
Earnings History for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)Earnings History by Quarter for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/2/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|2/6/2017||Q2 2017||$0.49||$0.53||$7.72 billion||$7.68 billion||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q117||$0.44||$0.51||$6.49 billion||$6.51 billion||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q4||$0.37||$0.45||$6.68 billion||$6.65 billion||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q3||$0.47||$0.47||$7.19 billion||$7.23 billion||View||N/A|
|2/8/2016||Q2||$0.44||$0.44||$7.51 billion||$7.38 billion||View||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Q1||$0.38||$0.38||$6.42 billion||$6.08 billion||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q4||$0.37||$0.39||$6.41 billion||$6.72 billion||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q315||$0.39||$0.42||$6.87 billion||$6.84 billion||View||N/A|
|2/4/2015||Q215||$0.41||$0.53||$7.35 billion||$8.06 billion||View||N/A|
|11/4/2014||Q115||$0.36||$0.48||$6.26 billion||$7.89 billion||View||N/A|
|8/6/2014||Q414||$0.38||$0.43||$7.99 billion||$8.42 billion||View||N/A|
|5/7/2014||Q314||$0.35||$0.47||$7.99 billion||$8.22 billion||View||N/A|
|2/6/2014||Q214||$0.33||$0.43||$7.89 billion||$8.16 billion||View||N/A|
|11/5/2013||Q315||$0.35||$0.33||$6.80 billion||$7.06 billion||View||N/A|
|8/6/2013||Q4 2013||$0.34||$0.31||$7.12 million||$7.21 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.91 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.08 EPS
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
|Payout Ratio:||21.95% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
18.85% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
17.31% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
Latest Headlines for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
Frequently Asked Questions for Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ:FOXA)
What is Twenty-First Century Fox's stock symbol?
Twenty-First Century Fox trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FOXA."
How often does Twenty-First Century Fox pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Twenty-First Century Fox?
Twenty-First Century Fox declared a semiannual dividend on Tuesday, February 7th. Shareholders of record on Wednesday, March 15th will be paid a dividend of $0.18 per share on Wednesday, April 19th. This represents a yield of 1.18%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, March 13th. This is a positive change from Twenty-First Century Fox's previous semiannual dividend of $0.15.
How were Twenty-First Century Fox's earnings last quarter?
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ:FOXA) posted its quarterly earnings results on Monday, February, 6th. The company reported $0.53 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.49 by $0.04. The business had revenue of $7.68 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $7.72 billion. Twenty-First Century Fox had a return on equity of 24.05% and a net margin of 10.99%. The business's quarterly revenue was up 4.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $0.44 earnings per share.
When will Twenty-First Century Fox make its next earnings announcement?
Twenty-First Century Fox is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
Where is Twenty-First Century Fox's stock going? Where will Twenty-First Century Fox's stock price be in 2017?
24 brokerages have issued 12-month price targets for Twenty-First Century Fox's stock. Their predictions range from $28.00 to $37.00. On average, they anticipate Twenty-First Century Fox's stock price to reach $33.55 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about Twenty-First Century Fox stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Twenty-First Century Fox stock:
- 1. Credit Suisse Group AG analysts commented, "Priceline announced yesterday a definitive agreement to acquire Momondo Group for $550MM in cash. We view this transaction as a net positive for Priceline as it strengthens its position in several key international markets and adds largely complementary assets to the Kayak meta-search portfolio." (2/8/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Fox reported better than expected 2Q17 results. Driving the results was a strong contribution from sports (Television) and while Cable results were in-line we view the continued growth in domestic cable subscribers favorably. We raise our target price to $35 as we continue to see the company as monetizing sports well on a hybrid broadcast/cable/RSN platform. We remain Buy rated." (2/7/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "FOXA's F2Q results were ahead of expectations, with particular strength in TV and Film. There are many moving parts as we head into 2H17, and in our view the thesis remains intact with our FY17 EBITDA growth est. moving higher to 9.0% vs. prior 8.4% (film weakness in F3Q offset by lower PPA beat in F2Q). FOX remains our top pick for 2017." (2/7/2017)
- 4. Pivotal Research analysts commented, " Fox reported fiscal year 2Q17 earnings on Monday which came in slightly better than we expected overall. We maintain our $36 YE2017 price target and continue to rate the stock Buy." (2/7/2017)
- 5. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Twenty-First Century Fox has outperformed the industry in the past three months, primarily due to back-to-back earnings beat. The company’s Cable Network Programming has been driving force backed by rising affiliate fees. Earlier, the company said that the pace of affiliate fees will accelerate in the back half of the fiscal year as 15–20% of the company’s domestic subscribers will be up for annual renewal in couple of years. Moreover, increase in content revenues at the Filmed Entertainment segment is also boosting the company’s overall performance. However, increase in programming costs and fluctuation in foreign currency exchange rate continues to act as a headwind for Twenty-First Century Fox. Further, it expects costs at Cable Network to go up in fiscal 2017. Increase in expenses may dent the company’s margins and in turn the bottom line. Estimates are stable lately ahead of the second quarter earnings release." (2/3/2017)
Who owns Twenty-First Century Fox stock?
Twenty-First Century Fox's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include
DODGE & COX
(6.50%), Dodge & Cox (3.72%), State Street Corp (2.41%), Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (1.68%), Baupost Group LLC MA (1.03%) and Franklin Resources Inc. (0.84%).
Who sold Twenty-First Century Fox stock? Who is selling Twenty-First Century Fox stock?
Twenty-First Century Fox's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Two Sigma Investments LP, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Institutional Capital LLC, Franklin Resources Inc., North Run Capital LP, Weitz Investment Management Inc., Fiduciary Management Inc. WI and Kenmare Capital Partners L.L.C..
Who bought Twenty-First Century Fox stock? Who is buying Twenty-First Century Fox stock?
Twenty-First Century Fox's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dodge & Cox, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Viking Global Investors LP, Norges Bank, Baupost Group LLC MA, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Russell Investments Group Ltd. and Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky.
How do I buy Twenty-First Century Fox stock?
Shares of Twenty-First Century Fox can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Twenty-First Century Fox stock cost?
One share of Twenty-First Century Fox stock can currently be purchased for approximately $30.97.
Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) Chart for Thursday, March, 23, 2017