About Golub Capital BDC (NASDAQ:GBDC)
Golub Capital BDC, Inc. is a business development company and operates as an externally managed closed-end non-diversified management investment company. It invests in debt and minority equity investments in middle-market companies that are, in most cases, sponsored by private equity investors. The company seeks to invest in the United States. It primarily invests in senior secured, one stop, unitranche, second lien, subordinated and mezzanine loans of middle-market companies, and warrants.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Investors, not elsewhere classified
Sub-IndustryAsset Management & Custody Banks
Trailing P/E Ratio14.74
Forward P/E Ratio14.50
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$137.76 million
Price / Sales8.01
Cash Flow$1.0785 per share
Price / Cash17.08
Book Value$16.11 per share
Price / Book1.14
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$1.25
Net Income$82.28 million
Return on Equity8.11%
Return on Assets4.29%
Golub Capital BDC (NASDAQ:GBDC) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Golub Capital BDC's stock symbol?
Golub Capital BDC trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GBDC."
How often does Golub Capital BDC pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Golub Capital BDC?
Golub Capital BDC declared a quarterly dividend on Monday, May 7th. Shareholders of record on Friday, June 8th will be paid a dividend of $0.32 per share on Thursday, June 28th. This represents a $1.28 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 6.95%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, June 7th. View Golub Capital BDC's Dividend History.
How were Golub Capital BDC's earnings last quarter?
Golub Capital BDC Inc (NASDAQ:GBDC) released its quarterly earnings results on Monday, May, 7th. The investment management company reported $0.32 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.32. The investment management company had revenue of $36.90 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $36.35 million. Golub Capital BDC had a net margin of 58.88% and a return on equity of 8.11%. View Golub Capital BDC's Earnings History.
When is Golub Capital BDC's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for GBDC?
2 Wall Street analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Golub Capital BDC's shares. Their forecasts range from $20.00 to $21.00. On average, they anticipate Golub Capital BDC's share price to reach $20.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Golub Capital BDC.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Golub Capital BDC stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Golub Capital BDC stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Golub Capital BDC Inc. is a business development company that principally invests in senior secured, unitranche, mezzanine and second lien loans of middle-market companies that are, in most cases, sponsored by private equity investors. The Company's investment activities are managed by its investment adviser, GC Advisors LLC, an affiliate of Golub Capital. " (5/14/2018)
- 2. National Securities analysts commented, "• For fiscal 2Q18, GBDC posted core NII/share of $0.32, matching our estimate and the quarterly dividend. We expect the dividend to be covered through fiscal 2018 and 2019 although earnings will likely be flat over this time.
• Golub has one of the largest BDC platforms in the sector, with over $18.0 billion in AUM to co-invest across. Of this amount, $1.82 billion was in the public BDC as of 3/31/18. This provides a few significant advantages for Golub. Firstly, this permits the company to provide certainty of close to sponsors. Golub can write large checks on its own without having to take syndication risk or club up on deals and lose some of the beneficial fees it gets from originating the loans.
• Secondly, GBDC finished fiscal 2Q18 with an average investment size of only $8.8 million out of $1.82 billion of assets. This type of diversification is only possible through co-investment and splitting the same tranche of investments across affiliated funds depending on available investable capital.
• This has led to Golub having a rock bottom non-accrual rate the past several years and a steadily increasing NAV/share. We expect these trends to continue and drive strong economic returns for shareholders in fiscal 2018 and 2019.
• Unsurprisingly, Golub had a great answer on potentially increasing leverage: they’re not in a rush. Golub is patiently taking its time on assessing if increasing leverage would benefit shareholders and are considering the reduced flexibility a manager would have with more leverage and how this would hold up in pockets of loan market dislocation and thus opportunity.
• We are adjusting our fiscal 2018 core NII/share estimate to $1.29 from $1.28 and our fiscal 2019 core NII/share estimate to $1.29 from $1.30.\" (5/10/2018)
Who are some of Golub Capital BDC's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Golub Capital BDC include Prospect Capital (PSEC), TPG Specialty Lending (TSLX), Tian Ge Interactiv (TGRVF), New Mountain Finance (NMFC), Pennantpark Floating Rate Capital (PFLT), PennantPark Investment (PNNT), Gladstone Investment (GAIN), Capital Southwest (CSWC), Arlington Asset Investment (AI), Safeguard Scientifics (SFE), THL Credit (TCRD), Oaktree Strategic Income (OCSI), TRIPLEPOINT VEN/COM (TPVG), Stellus Capital Investment (SCM) and OFS Capital (OFS).
Who are Golub Capital BDC's key executives?
Golub Capital BDC's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. David B. Golub, Pres & CEO
- Mr. Ross A. Teune, Treasurer & CFO
- Mr. Joshua M. Levinson J.D., Co-Gen. Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Mr. Andrew H. Steuerman, Sr. Managing Director of Golub Capital
- Mr. Gregory W. Cashman, Sr. Managing Director of Golub Capital
Has Golub Capital BDC been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about GBDC stock have been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment. Accern scores the sentiment of media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Golub Capital BDC earned a coverage optimism score of 0.08 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media coverage about the investment management company an impact score of 47.03 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Golub Capital BDC's major shareholders?
Golub Capital BDC's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Wells Fargo & Company MN (2.75%), Muzinich & Co. Inc. (2.63%), Schroder Investment Management Group (1.97%), UBS Group AG (1.42%), Frontier Investment Mgmt Co. (1.38%) and Arnhold LLC (1.07%). Company insiders that own Golub Capital BDC stock include David Golub, John Thomas Baily and William M Iv Webster. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Golub Capital BDC.
Which major investors are selling Golub Capital BDC stock?
GBDC stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Muzinich & Co. Inc., UBS Group AG, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Lyell Wealth Management LP, BlackRock Inc., Atlantic Trust Group LLC, Trexquant Investment LP and California Public Employees Retirement System. View Insider Buying and Selling for Golub Capital BDC.
Which major investors are buying Golub Capital BDC stock?
GBDC stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Arnhold LLC, CNO Financial Group Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Frontier Investment Mgmt Co., Citadel Advisors LLC, Massey Quick Simon & CO. LLC, Derby & Company Inc. and Cullen Frost Bankers Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Golub Capital BDC stock in the last two years include John Thomas Baily and William M Iv Webster. View Insider Buying and Selling for Golub Capital BDC.
How do I buy shares of Golub Capital BDC?
Shares of GBDC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Golub Capital BDC's stock price today?
One share of GBDC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $18.42.
How big of a company is Golub Capital BDC?
Golub Capital BDC has a market capitalization of $1.10 billion and generates $137.76 million in revenue each year. The investment management company earns $82.28 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.25 on an earnings per share basis.
How can I contact Golub Capital BDC?
Golub Capital BDC's mailing address is 666 FIFTH AVENUE 18TH FLOOR, NEW YORK NY, 10103. The investment management company can be reached via phone at 212-750-6060.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Golub Capital BDC (GBDC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Golub Capital BDC and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe GBDC will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe GBDC will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.