Navient Corporation provides asset management and business processing services to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state and local levels. The Company holds the portfolio of education loans insured or federally guaranteed under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). It operates through four segments: FFELP Loans, Private Education Loans, Business Services and Other. It also holds the portfolio of Private Education Loans. It services its own portfolio of education loans, as well as education loans owned by the United States Department of Education (ED), financial institutions and nonprofit education lenders. It also provides business processing services to education-related clients, such as guaranty agencies and colleges and universities. It provides additional business processing services to a range of other clients, including federal agencies, state and local governments, healthcare systems and other healthcare providers and municipalities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Consumer Lending - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:NAVI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.navient.com
- Market Cap: $3.7 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 274,104,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $15.10
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $15.04
- 52 Week Range: $12.66 - $17.95
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 7.00
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 7.34
- P/E Growth: 3.37
- Annual Revenue: $1.91 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.94
- Book Value: $12.91 per share
- Price / Book: 1.05
- Annual Dividend: $0.64
- Dividend Yield: 4.7%
- Net Margins: 11.50%
- Return on Equity: 14.05%
- Return on Assets: 0.43%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 31.08%
- Current Ratio: 28.46%
- Quick Ratio: 28.46%
- Average Volume: 2.42 million shs.
- Beta: 2.43
- Short Ratio: 3.55
Frequently Asked Questions for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
What is Navient Corporation's stock symbol?
Navient Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NAVI."
How often does Navient Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Navient Corporation?
Navient Corporation declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, August 11th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.16 per share on Friday, September 15th. This represents a $0.64 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.74%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Navient Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Navient Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, July, 18th. The company reported $0.43 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.41 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $343 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $331.67 million. Navient Corporation had a net margin of 11.50% and a return on equity of 14.05%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 15.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.47 earnings per share. View Navient Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Navient Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Navient Corporation issued on next quarter's earnings?
Navient Corporation issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, July, 19th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $1.75-1.80 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $1.80.
Where is Navient Corporation's stock going? Where will Navient Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
9 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for Navient Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $16.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Navient Corporation's share price to reach $18.83 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Navient Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Navient Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Navient Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Navient’s shares have outperformed the Zacks categorized Consumer Loan industry over the past one year. However, estimates have declined lately ahead of the company’s Q2 earnings release. Also, the company has mixed record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. The U.S. student loan industry is currently under heightened regulatory scrutiny over alleged anti-consumer practices. Navient, which services large number of student loans, is under regulatory claims and litigation burden owing to its practices in handling loans. Moreover, elevated expenses remain a key concern for the company. Nevertheless, the company benefits from the ongoing economic recovery and remains focused on leveraging its asset recovery & processing businesses." (7/17/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Navient Corp. (NAVI) with a NEUTRAL rating and a $16.50 price target. Navient is the student loan servicing and legacy FFELP & private student loan business spun out of Sallie Mae in 2014. While two of the company's three business lines appear to be in runoff, the company has been able to generate a significant amount of cash flows with which to pay down debt, buy back stock and pay dividends. In 2016, NAVI retired $2.6 billion in senior debt, repurchased $60 million in stock (17% of shares outstanding), and paid an annual dividend of $0.64 per share." (1/30/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Navient (NAVI) with a Hold rating and $18 price target. While we consider NAVI a strong company, the recent rally in the stock has converged the public equity value with our assessment of an NPV of the portfolio added to a segment value for servicing, leaving insufficient upside for a Buy, in our opinion. That said, we keep a watchful eye on ongoing expansion of the Business Services segment which may drive upside over time. We observe that NAVI is among the best capital return stories within our coverage universe, however, we assign a Hold rating as the recent rally leaves the stock near its intrinsic value. In our opinion, the equity value has converged to a level near our assessment of a sum-of-the-parts valuation. That said, we note the nearly 4% dividend yield may be attractive for income-oriented investors and we support management’s focus on capital returns. Further, NAVI continues to focus on special servicing opportunities within its Business Services segment, and incremental growth within this division could both add to earnings power and enhance the multiple over time. Sum of the parts DCF analysis supports our $18 PT. As we detail herein, when we conduct a DCF analysis of the loan portfolio, and add to this an assessed value of the servicing (Business Services) business, we conclude that an $18PT is reasonable." (12/7/2016)
Who are some of Navient Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Navient Corporation include OneMain Holdings (OMF), FirstCash (FCFS), LendingTree (TREE), Provident Financial plc (PFG), LendingClub Corporation (LC), PHH Corp (PHH), World Acceptance Corporation (WRLD), EZCORP (EZPW), International Personal Finance Plc (IPF), Regional Management Corp. (RM), S & U PLC (SUS), Non-Standard Finance PLC (NSF), Morses Club PLC (MCL), Fairpoint Group Plc (FRP), Cash America International (CSH), Navient Corp (NAVIV), Stonegate Mortgage Corp (SGM) and TPG RE Finance Trust (TRTX).
Who are Navient Corporation's key executives?
Navient Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- William M. Diefenderfer III, Independent Chairman of the Board
- John F. Remondi, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Christian M. Lown, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- John M. Kane, Group President, Asset Recovery and Business Services
- Jeff Whorley, Group President - Asset Management and Servicing
- Timothy Hynes, Chief Risk Officer
- Somsak Chivavibul, Chief Decision Management Officer
- Mark L. Heleen, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary
- John K. Adams Jr., Independent Director
- Anna Escobedo Cabral, Independent Director
Who owns Navient Corporation stock?
Navient Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Vanguard Group Inc. (13.94%), Boston Partners (9.05%), BlackRock Inc. (7.50%), State Street Corp (5.36%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (3.33%) and Prudential Financial Inc. (2.08%). Company insiders that own Navient Corporation stock include Bates Ann Torre, Gilleland Diane Suitt, John F Remondi, Katherine A Lehman, Mark L Heleen and William M Diefenderfer III. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Navient Corporation.
Who sold Navient Corporation stock? Who is selling Navient Corporation stock?
Navient Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Vanguard Group Inc., State Street Corp, BlackRock Inc., TD Asset Management Inc., Voya Investment Management LLC, Boston Partners, Ameriprise Financial Inc. and KBC Group NV. View Insider Buying and Selling for Navient Corporation.
Who bought Navient Corporation stock? Who is buying Navient Corporation stock?
Navient Corporation's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Prudential Financial Inc., AJO LP, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, Koch Industries Inc., Bank of Montreal Can, LSV Asset Management and New York State Common Retirement Fund. Company insiders that have bought Navient Corporation stock in the last two years include John F Remondi, Katherine A Lehman and Mark L Heleen. View Insider Buying and Selling for Navient Corporation.
How do I buy Navient Corporation stock?
Shares of Navient Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Navient Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ NAVI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Navient Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Navient Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $13.51.
Consensus Ratings for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.33)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$18.83 (39.40% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
(Data available from 8/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/21/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$16.00||Low|
|7/20/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$17.00 -> $16.00||High|
|7/14/2017||Keefe, Bruyette & Woods||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||Low|
|6/12/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Hold||$24.00 -> $26.00||Low|
|4/12/2017||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Buy||$20.00||Low|
|4/3/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$17.00 -> $16.00||Low|
|2/9/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$18.00||N/A|
|1/6/2017||DA Davidson||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$21.00||N/A|
|7/20/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$15.00||N/A|
|4/20/2016||Compass Point||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$11.00 -> $13.00||N/A|
|1/3/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/31/2015||Robert W. Baird||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$36.00 -> $24.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)Earnings History by Quarter for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ NAVI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/18/2017||Q2 2017||$0.41||$0.43||$331.67 million||$343.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/18/2017||Q1 2017||$0.42||$0.36||$345.60 million||$334.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/24/2017||Q416||$0.44||$0.43||$365.50 million||$378.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/18/2016||Q3||$0.48||$0.50||$391.75 million||$405.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/19/2016||Q216||$0.45||$0.47||$406.00 million||$429.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/19/2016||Q1||$0.41||$0.43||$413.00 million||$486.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/26/2016||Q4||$0.49||$0.48||$460.20 million||$445.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/20/2015||Q3||$0.48||$0.47||$466.00 million||$553.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2015||Q215||$0.40||$0.40||$472.00 million||$549.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/21/2015||Q115||$0.50||$0.48||$497.00 million||$583.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/21/2015||Q414||$0.53||$0.53||$542.00 million||$614.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/15/2014||Q314||$0.52||$0.52||$530.00 million||$912.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/16/2014||Q311||$0.55||$0.56||$572.33 million||$662.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.80
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.84
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
|Payout Ratio:||33.68% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
36.36% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
34.78% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ NAVI)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.68%Insider Trades by Quarter for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 96.37%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/24/2017||Gilleland Diane Suitt||Director||Sell||5,467||$15.89||$86,870.63|| |
|8/19/2016||William M Diefenderfer III||Director||Sell||16,300||$14.20||$231,460.00|| |
|7/26/2016||Bates Ann Torre||Director||Sell||9,000||$14.23||$128,070.00|| |
|2/9/2016||John F. Remondi||CEO||Buy||80,000||$8.79||$703,200.00|| |
|2/4/2016||Mark L Heleen||EVP||Buy||3,800||$9.39||$35,682.00|| |
|10/30/2015||Katherine A Lehman||Director||Buy||2,500||$13.22||$33,050.00|| |
|2/6/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,402||$21.38||$29,974.76|| |
|2/6/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,184||$21.38||$25,313.92|| |
|2/6/2015||Timothy J Iv Hynes||Insider||Sell||1,118||$21.38||$23,902.84|| |
|2/4/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,670||$20.93||$34,953.10|| |
|2/4/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,408||$20.93||$29,469.44|| |
|2/4/2015||Timothy J Iv Hynes||Insider||Sell||1,404||$20.93||$29,385.72|| |
|2/3/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,735||$20.60||$35,741.00|| |
|2/3/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,023||$20.47||$20,940.81|| |
|11/19/2014||John M Kane||COO||Sell||23,767||$20.67||$491,263.89|| |
|8/1/2014||Barry Lawson Williams||Director||Sell||14,450||$17.42||$251,719.00|| |
Headline Trends for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Latest Headlines for Navient Corporation (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Navient Corporation (NAVI) Chart for Monday, August, 21, 2017