About Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Navient Corporation provides asset management and business processing services to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state and local levels. The Company holds the portfolio of education loans insured or federally guaranteed under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). It operates through four segments: FFELP Loans, Private Education Loans, Business Services and Other. It also holds the portfolio of Private Education Loans. It services its own portfolio of education loans, as well as education loans owned by the United States Department of Education (ED), financial institutions and nonprofit education lenders. It also provides business processing services to education-related clients, such as guaranty agencies and colleges and universities. It provides additional business processing services to a range of other clients, including federal agencies, state and local governments, healthcare systems and other healthcare providers and municipalities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Financials
- Industry: Consumer Lending
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:NAVI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: https://www.navient.com/
- Market Cap: $3.35 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 270,769,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.58
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $14.60
- 52 Week Range: $11.48 - $17.95
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 6.83
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 7.77
- P/E Growth: -1.86
- Annual Revenue: $1.81 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.85
- Book Value: $13.02 per share
- Price / Book: 0.95
- Annual Dividend: $0.64
- Dividend Yield: 5.2%
- Net Margins: 49.58%
- Return on Equity: 19.98%
- Return on Assets: 0.59%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 30.58%
- Current Ratio: 33.19%
- Quick Ratio: 28.46%
- Average Volume: 3.00 million shs.
- Beta: 2.48
- Short Ratio: 3.55
Frequently Asked Questions for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
What is Navient Corp's stock symbol?
Navient Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NAVI."
How often does Navient Corp pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Navient Corp?
Navient Corp declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, August 11th. Investors of record on Friday, September 1st will be given a dividend of $0.16 per share on Friday, September 15th. This represents a $0.64 annualized dividend and a yield of 5.18%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Navient Corp's Dividend History.
How will Navient Corp's stock buyback program work?
Navient Corp announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a stock repurchase plan on Thursday, October 5th 2017, which authorizes the company to buyback shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization authorizes the company to reacquire shares of its stock through open market purchases. Shares buyback plans are often an indication that the company's management believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Navient Corp's earnings last quarter?
Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, October, 17th. The company reported $0.55 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.50 by $0.05. The firm had revenue of $343 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $361.33 million. Navient Corp had a return on equity of 19.98% and a net margin of 49.58%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 15.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.50 earnings per share. View Navient Corp's Earnings History.
When will Navient Corp make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Navient Corp issued on next quarter's earnings?
Navient Corp issued an update on its fourth quarter earnings guidance on Wednesday, October, 18th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $0.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $0.43.
Where is Navient Corp's stock going? Where will Navient Corp's stock price be in 2017?
11 brokers have issued 12 month target prices for Navient Corp's stock. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Navient Corp's share price to reach $18.27 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Navient Corp.
What are analysts saying about Navient Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Navient Corp stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Navient have underperformed the industry over the last six months. The company does not have an impressive earnings surprise history. It missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for earnings in two of the trailing four quarters. Also, the U.S. student loan industry is currently under heightened regulatory scrutiny over alleged anti-consumer practices. Navient, which services large number of student loans, is under regulatory claims and litigation burden owing to its practices in handling loans. Recently, Pennsylvania attorney general, Josh Shapiro, has filed a lawsuit against Navient, accusing the company of engaging in deceptive lending practices, which have cost billions of dollars to borrowers. Moreover, SEC investigation is also ongoing related to possible insider trading in a particular transaction. However, it benefits from the ongoing economic recovery and remains focused on leveraging its asset recovery & processing businesses." (10/12/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Navient Corp. (NAVI) with a NEUTRAL rating and a $16.50 price target. Navient is the student loan servicing and legacy FFELP & private student loan business spun out of Sallie Mae in 2014. While two of the company's three business lines appear to be in runoff, the company has been able to generate a significant amount of cash flows with which to pay down debt, buy back stock and pay dividends. In 2016, NAVI retired $2.6 billion in senior debt, repurchased $60 million in stock (17% of shares outstanding), and paid an annual dividend of $0.64 per share." (1/30/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Navient (NAVI) with a Hold rating and $18 price target. While we consider NAVI a strong company, the recent rally in the stock has converged the public equity value with our assessment of an NPV of the portfolio added to a segment value for servicing, leaving insufficient upside for a Buy, in our opinion. That said, we keep a watchful eye on ongoing expansion of the Business Services segment which may drive upside over time. We observe that NAVI is among the best capital return stories within our coverage universe, however, we assign a Hold rating as the recent rally leaves the stock near its intrinsic value. In our opinion, the equity value has converged to a level near our assessment of a sum-of-the-parts valuation. That said, we note the nearly 4% dividend yield may be attractive for income-oriented investors and we support management’s focus on capital returns. Further, NAVI continues to focus on special servicing opportunities within its Business Services segment, and incremental growth within this division could both add to earnings power and enhance the multiple over time. Sum of the parts DCF analysis supports our $18 PT. As we detail herein, when we conduct a DCF analysis of the loan portfolio, and add to this an assessed value of the servicing (Business Services) business, we conclude that an $18PT is reasonable." (12/7/2016)
Are investors shorting Navient Corp?
Navient Corp saw a increase in short interest during the month of September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 9,435,701 shares, an increase of 14.1% from the September 15th total of 8,266,843 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 2,702,750 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 3.5 days. Currently, 3.5% of the shares of the stock are sold short.
Who are some of Navient Corp's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Navient Corp include OneMain Holdings (OMF), FirstCash (FCFS), LendingTree (TREE), LendingClub Corporation (LC), Provident Financial plc (PFG), TPG RE Finance Trust (TRTX), World Acceptance Corporation (WRLD), PHH Corp (PHH), EZCORP (EZPW), International Personal Finance Plc (IPF), Regional Management Corp (RM), S & U PLC (SUS), Non-Standard Finance PLC (NSF), Morses Club PLC (MCL), Fairpoint Group Plc (FRP), Cash America International (CSH), Navient Corp (NAVIV) and Stonegate Mortgage Corp (SGM).
Who are Navient Corp's key executives?
Navient Corp's management team includes the folowing people:
- William M. Diefenderfer III, Independent Chairman of the Board
- John F. Remondi, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Christian M. Lown, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- John M. Kane, Group President, Asset Recovery and Business Services
- Jeff Whorley, Group President - Asset Management and Servicing
- Timothy Hynes, Chief Risk Officer
- Somsak Chivavibul, Chief Decision Management Officer
- Mark L. Heleen, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary
- John K. Adams Jr., Independent Director
- Anna Escobedo Cabral, Independent Director
Who owns Navient Corp stock?
Navient Corp's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Denali Advisors LLC (0.22%), Assenagon Asset Management S.A. (0.09%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.07%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.03%), Shell Asset Management Co. (0.03%) and Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.01%). Company insiders that own Navient Corp stock include Bates Ann Torre, Gilleland Diane Suitt, John F Remondi, John M Kane, Katherine A Lehman, Mark L Heleen and William M Diefenderfer III. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Navient Corp.
Who sold Navient Corp stock? Who is selling Navient Corp stock?
Navient Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including APG Asset Management N.V., Denali Advisors LLC and State Treasurer State of Michigan. Company insiders that have sold Navient Corp stock in the last year include Gilleland Diane Suitt and John M Kane. View Insider Buying and Selling for Navient Corp.
Who bought Navient Corp stock? Who is buying Navient Corp stock?
Navient Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Assenagon Asset Management S.A., Shell Asset Management Co., Eqis Capital Management Inc. and Mutual of America Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Navient Corp stock in the last two years include John F Remondi, Katherine A Lehman and Mark L Heleen. View Insider Buying and Selling for Navient Corp.
How do I buy Navient Corp stock?
Shares of Navient Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Navient Corp's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Navient Corp (NASDAQ NAVI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Navient Corp and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Navient Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.36.
Consensus Ratings for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.45)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$18.27 (47.84% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Analysts' Ratings History for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/19/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$16.00 -> $14.00||N/A|
|10/16/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$16.00||N/A|
|10/16/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$20.00||N/A|
|10/5/2017||Compass Point||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$16.50 -> $15.50||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Lower Price Target||Outperform||$16.50 -> $16.00||N/A|
|7/14/2017||Keefe, Bruyette & Woods||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$20.00||Low|
|6/12/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Hold||$24.00 -> $26.00||Low|
|4/12/2017||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Buy||$20.00||Low|
|4/3/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$17.00 -> $16.00||Low|
|1/6/2017||DA Davidson||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$21.00||N/A|
|7/20/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$15.00||N/A|
|1/3/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)Earnings History by Quarter for Navient Corp (NASDAQ NAVI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|1/23/2018|| || || || || || || || |
|10/17/2017||Q3 2017||$0.50||$0.55||$361.33 million||$343.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/18/2017||Q2 2017||$0.41||$0.43||$331.67 million||$343.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/18/2017||Q1 2017||$0.42||$0.36||$345.60 million||$334.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/24/2017||Q416||$0.44||$0.43||$365.50 million||$378.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/18/2016||Q3||$0.48||$0.50||$391.75 million||$405.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/19/2016||Q216||$0.45||$0.47||$406.00 million||$429.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/19/2016||Q1||$0.41||$0.43||$413.00 million||$486.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/26/2016||Q4||$0.49||$0.48||$460.20 million||$445.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/20/2015||Q3||$0.48||$0.47||$466.00 million||$553.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2015||Q215||$0.40||$0.40||$472.00 million||$549.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/21/2015||Q115||$0.50||$0.48||$497.00 million||$583.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/21/2015||Q414||$0.53||$0.53||$542.00 million||$614.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/15/2014||Q314||$0.52||$0.52||$530.00 million||$912.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/16/2014||Q311||$0.55||$0.56||$572.33 million||$662.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.80
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.72
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/15/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||35.36% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
36.78% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
40.25% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Navient Corp (NASDAQ NAVI)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.68%Insider Trades by Quarter for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 93.01%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/26/2017||John M. Kane||EVP||Sell||28,886||$15.00||$433,290.00|| |
|4/24/2017||Gilleland Diane Suitt||Director||Sell||5,467||$15.89||$86,870.63|| |
|8/19/2016||William M Diefenderfer III||Director||Sell||16,300||$14.20||$231,460.00|| |
|7/26/2016||Bates Ann Torre||Director||Sell||9,000||$14.23||$128,070.00|| |
|2/9/2016||John F. Remondi||CEO||Buy||80,000||$8.79||$703,200.00|| |
|2/4/2016||Mark L Heleen||EVP||Buy||3,800||$9.39||$35,682.00|| |
|10/30/2015||Katherine A Lehman||Director||Buy||2,500||$13.22||$33,050.00|| |
|2/6/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,402||$21.38||$29,974.76|| |
|2/6/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,184||$21.38||$25,313.92|| |
|2/6/2015||Timothy J Iv Hynes||Insider||Sell||1,118||$21.38||$23,902.84|| |
|2/4/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,670||$20.93||$34,953.10|| |
|2/4/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,408||$20.93||$29,469.44|| |
|2/4/2015||Timothy J Iv Hynes||Insider||Sell||1,404||$20.93||$29,385.72|| |
|2/3/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,735||$20.60||$35,741.00|| |
|2/3/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,023||$20.47||$20,940.81|| |
|11/19/2014||John M Kane||COO||Sell||23,767||$20.67||$491,263.89|| |
|8/1/2014||Barry Lawson Williams||Director||Sell||14,450||$17.42||$251,719.00|| |
Headline Trends for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Latest Headlines for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Navient Corp (NAVI) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017