About SAGE Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SAGE)
Sage Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes novel medicines to treat central nervous system disorders. Its lead product candidate comprises brexanolone, a proprietary intravenous formulation of allopregnanolone that has completed III clinical trials for the treatment of post-partum depression (PPD). The company's product pipeline also includes SAGE-217, a novel neuroactive steroid, which has completed Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of PPD, major depressive disorders, bipolar depression, Parkinson's disease, and sleep disorders; and SAGE-718, an oxysterol-based positive allosteric modulator of NMDA receptors for the treatment of depression, Alzheimer's disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, schizophrenia, Huntington's disease, and neuropathic pain. In addition, its product pipeline comprises SAGE-324, a novel neuroactive steroid for the treatment of GABA hypofunction; and product pipeline that are in preclinical stage includes SAGE-689 and SAGE-105 novel GABAA receptor modulators The company was formerly known as Sterogen Biopharma, Inc. and changed its name to Sage Therapeutics, Inc. in September 2011. Sage Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Pharmaceutical preparations
Trailing P/E Ratio-23.26
Forward P/E Ratio-19.36
Sales & Book Value
Price / SalesN/A
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$11.58 per share
Price / Book14.24
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($7.09)
Return on Equity-57.73%
Return on Assets-52.95%
SAGE Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SAGE) Frequently Asked Questions
What is SAGE Therapeutics' stock symbol?
SAGE Therapeutics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SAGE."
How were SAGE Therapeutics' earnings last quarter?
SAGE Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:SAGE) issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 3rd. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($1.68) earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of ($1.84) by $0.16. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted ($1.52) EPS. View SAGE Therapeutics' Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for SAGE?
16 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for SAGE Therapeutics' shares. Their predictions range from $86.00 to $280.00. On average, they anticipate SAGE Therapeutics' stock price to reach $188.9375 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for SAGE Therapeutics.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about SAGE Therapeutics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about SAGE Therapeutics stock:
- 1. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We like the setup heading into a catalyst-rich 2H18/2019E We are updating our model after SAGE reported its 1Q18 and provided a corporate update today (5/3). With its first product, brexanolone IV for postpartum depression (PPD), filed with potential commercialization in 1H19, and a robust pipeline of neuro- focused assets led by SAGE-217, our BUY thesis on the stock remains unchanged. In short, we like SAGE’s pipeline that targets several large central nervous system (CNS) indications where the unmet need is high (e.g., major depressive disorder, PPD, Parkinson’s, etc.) and the scarcity value that comes with robust/ripening CNS platforms. With the stock having pulled back ~25% since its 52-week high on 1/31/18, we like the setup heading into a catalyst-rich 2H18/2019E. Our DCF-based price target remains unchanged at $210." (5/3/2018)
- 2. Cowen Inc analysts commented, "We note that neither Mylan nor Biocon would comment on Neulasta’s updated timing. We spoke with a manufacturing consultant who believed that biosimilar Neulasta would not receive an approval until the Form 483 issues were resolved. We expect an update on Mylan’s earnings call on Wednesday, 5/9/18. Biocon Form 483: Biocon announced yesterday (5/1/18) that the FDA issued a Form 483 with 7 observations relating to the company’s Bangalore, India site. As a reminder, MYL has a partnership with Biocon to produce biosimilars Neulasta/Herceptin out of the same facility. The TAD for biosimilar Neulasta is on 6/4/18. Biocon noted that the observations were largely procedural and aimed at continuous improvement. Further, the company indicated that it would respond to the FDA well within" the typical 15 day response period." (5/3/2018)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "FY 2017 results were generally in line with expectations. We note that ‘217 Phase 2 PPD data are now expected in 4Q18 (was 2Q). The additional delay (previously moved from 1Q18 to 2Q18) is reportedly due to an increase in target enrollment (now ~140 PPD patients). We still anticipate a positive outcome and think running a full-scale trial makes sense given prior supportive data. With the robust size and design of the study, we believe it could serve as a registration trial and help streamline ‘217 time to market. Sage still plans to conduct several additional well powered trials (insomnia, bipolar depression, PD tremor) with oral ‘217 this year. Further evaluation of ‘217 for MDD, including potential initiation of pivotal Phase 3 development is also anticipated in 2018 (unch). BUY." (2/23/2018)
Who are some of SAGE Therapeutics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to SAGE Therapeutics include Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (TEVA), Mylan (MYL), BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN), GRIFOLS S A/S (GRFS), UCB (UCBJF), Ono Pharmaceutical (OPHLF), Merck KGaA (MKGAF), Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY), Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ), Perrigo (PRGO), Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR), Valeant Pharmaceuticals Intl (VRX), BeiGene (BGNE) and Genmab A/S (GNMSF).
Who are SAGE Therapeutics' key executives?
SAGE Therapeutics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Michael Cloonan, Chief Bus. Officer (Age 47)
- Dr. Jeffrey M. Jonas, CEO, Pres & Director (Age 65)
- Ms. Kimi E. Iguchi, CFO & Treasurer (Age 56)
- Dr. Heinrich Schlieker Ph.D., Sr. VP of Technical Operations
- Dr. Albert J. Robichaud, Chief Scientific Officer (Age 57)
Has SAGE Therapeutics been receiving favorable news coverage?
Headlines about SAGE stock have trended somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research group scores the sentiment of press coverage by reviewing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. SAGE Therapeutics earned a daily sentiment score of 0.11 on Accern's scale. They also gave news stories about the biopharmaceutical company an impact score of 46.61 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are SAGE Therapeutics' major shareholders?
SAGE Therapeutics' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (8.11%), OppenheimerFunds Inc. (3.36%), BB Biotech AG (2.15%), Palo Alto Investors LP (1.76%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.55%) and Eagle Asset Management Inc. (1.32%). Company insiders that own SAGE Therapeutics stock include Albert Robichaud, James M Frates, Jeffrey M Jonas, Kevin P Starr, Kimi Iguchi, Stephen Kanes and Steven M Paul. View Institutional Ownership Trends for SAGE Therapeutics.
Which institutional investors are selling SAGE Therapeutics stock?
SAGE stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, Oak Ridge Investments LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., DekaBank Deutsche Girozentrale, BB Biotech AG, Element Capital Management LLC, Eventide Asset Management LLC and Franklin Resources Inc.. Company insiders that have sold SAGE Therapeutics company stock in the last year include Albert Robichaud, James M Frates, Jeffrey M Jonas, Kevin P Starr, Kimi Iguchi, Stephen Kanes and Steven M Paul. View Insider Buying and Selling for SAGE Therapeutics.
Which institutional investors are buying SAGE Therapeutics stock?
SAGE stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., American Century Companies Inc., Victory Capital Management Inc., Point72 Asset Management L.P., Bamco Inc. NY, Hood River Capital Management LLC, OppenheimerFunds Inc. and DAFNA Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for SAGE Therapeutics.
How do I buy shares of SAGE Therapeutics?
Shares of SAGE can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is SAGE Therapeutics' stock price today?
One share of SAGE stock can currently be purchased for approximately $164.94.
How big of a company is SAGE Therapeutics?
SAGE Therapeutics has a market capitalization of $7.67 billion. The biopharmaceutical company earns $-270,120,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($7.09) on an earnings per share basis. SAGE Therapeutics employs 257 workers across the globe.
How can I contact SAGE Therapeutics?
SAGE Therapeutics' mailing address is 215 FIRST STREET, CAMBRIDGE MA, 02142. The biopharmaceutical company can be reached via phone at 617-299-8380 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for SAGE Therapeutics (SAGE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about SAGE Therapeutics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe SAGE will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe SAGE will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.