About Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
Theravance Biopharma, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in creating medicines for patients suffering from serious illness. The Company operates in the segment of discovery (research), development and commercialization of human therapeutics. The Company's pipeline of internally discovered product candidates includes medicines to address the unmet needs of patients being treated for serious conditions primarily in the acute care setting. Its commercial product VIBATIV (telavancin) is a once-daily dual-mechanism antibiotic approved in the United States and Europe for certain difficult-to-treat infections. Its Revefenacin (TD-4208) is a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA) being developed as a nebulized treatment for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Its neprilysin (NEP) inhibitor program is designed to develop selective NEP inhibitors for the treatment of a range of cardiovascular and renal diseases.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:TBPH
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.theravance.com
- Market Cap: $1.73 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 53,829,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $33.06
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $35.39
- 52 Week Range: $23.15 - $43.44
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -7.63
- P/E Growth: -0.05
- Annual Revenue: $31.36 million
- Price / Sales: 55.12
- Book Value: $4.48 per share
- Price / Book: 7.17
- EBITDA: ($211,250,000.00)
- Net Margins: -742.59%
- Return on Equity: -78.74%
- Return on Assets: -43.79%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.93%
- Current Ratio: 6.74%
- Quick Ratio: 6.53%
- Average Volume: 267,849 shs.
- Beta: 2.24
- Short Ratio: 24.77
Frequently Asked Questions for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
What is Theravance Biopharma's stock symbol?
Theravance Biopharma trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "TBPH."
How were Theravance Biopharma's earnings last quarter?
Theravance Biopharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:TBPH) announced its quarterly earnings results on Monday, August, 8th. The company reported ($1.06) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($1.05) by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $5.47 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $6.19 million. Theravance Biopharma had a negative net margin of 742.59% and a negative return on equity of 78.74%. View Theravance Biopharma's Earnings History.
Where is Theravance Biopharma's stock going? Where will Theravance Biopharma's stock price be in 2017?
5 brokerages have issued 1-year target prices for Theravance Biopharma's shares. Their predictions range from $42.00 to $55.00. On average, they anticipate Theravance Biopharma's stock price to reach $46.80 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Theravance Biopharma.
What are analysts saying about Theravance Biopharma stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Theravance Biopharma stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Theravance has only one marketed product in its portfolio, Vibativ. Though Vibativ continues to perform well, the company’s sole dependence on the drug for growth is concerning. Moreover, its pipeline programs targeting the therapeutic areas are highly competitive which could affect the company’s operating results. Also, any agreement termination might be a huge setback for the company, as had been the case in the past. However, we are positive on Theravance’s efforts to expand the Vibativ’s label, which, if approved for additional indications, would be commercially significant. Further, Theravance’s collaboration agreement with Mylan for revefenacin, is a big positive. Its shares have outperformed the industry so far this year." (10/10/2017)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Theravance reported top-line results from Phase 2b trial of velusetrag in Gastroparesis. Statistically significant and dose-dependent improvements in gastric emptying were observed across all 3 doses tested. Symptomatic benefits, however, were only observed at lowest dose. Mgmt speculated that excessive gastric emptying into small intestine may have led to a separate set of symptoms negating any benefits. Explanation appears plausible, but we await details at future medical mtg. Regardless, efficacy in 5mg arm is sufficiently strong to justify Phase 3 development, considering both key pre-specified endpoints were met at 4wks (Gastroparesis Cardinal Symptom Index p=0.033 and Gastroparesis Rating Scale p=0.016), w/ all 10 subscales favoring drug over placebo. Effects were observed in both Diabetic and Idiopathic pts and persisted through 12wks. Mgmt plans to meet w/ FDA to discuss Phase 3 design." (8/2/2017)
Who are some of Theravance Biopharma's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Theravance Biopharma include BTG plc (BTG), Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (HIK), Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated (CORT), Cambrex Corporation (CBM), Emergent Biosolutions (EBS), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), Innoviva (INVA), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX), Akcea Therapeutics (AKCA), Lannett Co (LCI), Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (AMPH), SciClone Pharmaceuticals (SCLN), AMAG Pharmaceuticals (AMAG), Corium International (CORI), Collegium Pharmaceutical (COLL) and Aceto Corporation (ACET).
Who are Theravance Biopharma's key executives?
Theravance Biopharma's management team includes the folowing people:
- Rick E. Winningham, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Renee D. Gala, Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer
- Bradford J. Shafer Esq. J.D., Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Brett K. Haumann M.D., Senior Vice President - Clinical Development and Chief Medical Officer
- Sharathchandra S. Hegde, Senior Vice President, Research
- Frank Pasqualone, Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Operations Officer
- Kenneth R. Pitzer, Senior Vice President - Product Strategy and Commercial Planning
- Shehnaaz Suliman M.D., Senior Vice President - Corporate Development and Strategy
- Philip D. Worboys Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Translational Science
- William D. Young, Lead Independent Director
How do I buy Theravance Biopharma stock?
Shares of Theravance Biopharma can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Theravance Biopharma's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ TBPH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Theravance Biopharma and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Theravance Biopharma stock can currently be purchased for approximately $32.11.
Earnings History for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)Earnings History by Quarter for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ TBPH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/9/2017||3/31/2017||($1.14)||($1.27)||$5.07 million||$3.09 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2017||Q416||($1.05)||($1.36)||$5.00 million||$5.69 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||($1.05)||($1.06)||$6.19 million||$5.47 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2016||Q116||($0.96)||($1.10)||$18.69 million||$18.40 million||View||N/A|
|3/9/2016||Q415||($1.62)||($1.23)||($280,000.00) million||$3.90 million||View||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Q315||($1.44)||($1.40)||$4.24 million||$10.70 million||View||N/A|
|8/10/2015||Q215||($1.51)||($1.42)||$4.25 million||$7.10 million||View||Listen|
|3/10/2015||Q414||($1.70)||($2.02)||$2.01 million||$1.30 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q3 14||($1.85)||($1.72)||$1.08 million||$6.34 million||View||N/A|
|8/13/2014||($0.56)||($1.83)||$1.01 million||$2.97 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($4.68)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 84.54%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/6/2017||Bradford J Shafer||EVP||Sell||14,670||$30.77||$451,395.90|| |
|8/21/2017||Frank Pasqualone||SVP||Buy||4,000||$26.34||$105,360.00|| |
|8/11/2017||Henrietta Fore||Director||Buy||6,000||$23.99||$143,940.00|| |
|8/11/2017||Rick E Winningham||CEO||Buy||10,000||$24.50||$245,000.00|| |
|3/7/2017||Brett K Haumann||SVP||Sell||424||$30.80||$13,059.20|| |
|3/6/2017||Brett K Haumann||SVP||Sell||13,576||$31.52||$427,915.52|| |
|8/25/2016||Brett K Haumann||SVP||Sell||4,491||$27.99||$125,703.09|| |
|8/22/2016||Bradford J Shafer||EVP||Sell||49,122||$27.46||$1,348,890.12|| |
|8/19/2016||Brett K Haumann||SVP||Sell||9,509||$27.97||$265,966.73|| |
|3/14/2016||Plc Glaxosmithkline||Major Shareholder||Buy||1,301,015||$23,028,000.00||$29,959,773,420,000.00|| |
|10/7/2015||Plc Glaxosmithkline||Major Shareholder||Buy||44,574||$607,544.00||$27,080,666,256.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Burton G Malkiel||Director||Buy||10,000||$12.92||$129,200.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Junning Lee||VP||Buy||9,000||$12.90||$116,100.00|| |
|8/17/2015||Renee D Gala||CFO||Buy||10,000||$12.18||$121,800.00|| |
|8/17/2015||Rick E Winningham||CEO||Buy||80,000||$11.86||$948,800.00|| |
Headline Trends for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
Latest Headlines for Theravance Biopharma (NASDAQ:TBPH)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) Chart for Tuesday, October, 24, 2017