About Varonis Systems
Varonis Systems, Inc. (Varonis) provides a software platform that allows enterprises to analyze, secure, manage and utilize their unstructured data. The Company specializes in human-generated data, a type of unstructured data that includes an enterprise's spreadsheets, word processing documents, presentations, audio files, video files, e-mails, text messages and any other data created by employees. Its Metadata Framework is a technology platform that extracts metadata from an enterprise's information technology (IT) infrastructure and uses this information to map functional relationships among employees, data objects, content and usage. IT and business personnel deploy its software for a range of use cases, including data governance, data security, archiving, file synchronization, mobile data accessibility and information collaboration. Its products include DatAdvantage, DataPrivilege, Interface Data Unit Classification Framework, Data Transport Engine, DatAnywhere and DatAnswers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Technical & System Software
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: VRNS
- Previous Close: $27.70
- 50 Day Moving Average: $28.78
- 200 Day Moving Average: $28.68
- 52-Week Range: $16.59 - $32.05
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 307.78
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Market Cap: $743.50M
- Outstanding Shares: 26,841,000
- Beta: 0.83
- Net Margins: -10.77%
- Return on Equity: -22.63%
- Return on Assets: -10.99%
Companies Related to Varonis Systems:
- Current Ratio: 1.94%
- Quick Ratio: 1.94%
What is Varonis Systems' stock symbol?
Varonis Systems trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "VRNS."
Where is Varonis Systems' stock going? Where will Varonis Systems' stock price be in 2017?
11 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Varonis Systems' stock. Their predictions range from $24.00 to $40.00. On average, they anticipate Varonis Systems' stock price to reach $33.82 in the next year.
When will Varonis Systems announce their earnings?
Varonis Systems is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Varonis Systems stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Varonis Systems stock:
- Imperial Capital analysts commented, "We are maintaining our Outperform rating on VRNS shares and one-year price target of $35. Our price target implies potential upside of 25% above recent levels. We believe VRNS is benefiting from expanding awareness of the need to rapidly detect abnormal user behavior and unusual interactions to protect data and control access. While several transactions were delayed in 4Q16, we highlight the company's strong growth in license revenue (up 23% year-over-year [yoy]), exceeding our estimates and consensus. We continue to look for potential upside from expanding adoption of multiple products, with significant opportunities for add-on sales across various platforms. On 2/8/17, VRNS announced the planned departure of CFO Gili Iohan, effective 3/31/17, who will be immediately succeeded by Guy Melamed (VP of Finance). We see nominal disruption, given his familiarity of the organization since 2011." (2/13/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "On Wednesday, February 8, after the market close, Varonis reported 4Q16 results that came in ahead of expectations across all relevant metrics. In what's becoming a bit of a pattern, Varonis continued to benefit from enterprise awareness surrounding the need for solutions designed to mitigate insider threats as well as increased awareness regarding both ransomware and data privacy initiatives. Interestingly, we note that Varonis was able to deliver a clean beat despite a handful of headwinds, including a tougher than expected quarter in EMEA (4% y/y growth) and currency headwinds (2% impact to the top-line). As we look forward, we are pleased with the ongoing traction with the company's DatAlert add-on and see a growing number of relevant use-cases that should help sustain growth in 2017." (2/9/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "VRNS reported another impressive Q, exceeding both rev and EPS estimates. Q1 guidance was above expectations. 23% license growth was down from 34% in the prior period, although still impressive given a tough comp. VP of Finance Guy Melamed will assume CFO responsibilities on April 1. We continue to view VRNS as a unique asset addressing significant needs across IT, including security associated with internal threats." (2/9/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Varonis Systems Inc. provides an innovative software platform that allows enterprises to map, analyze, manage and migrate their unstructured data. Its products include DatAdvantage, DataPrivilege, IDU Classification Framework, Data Transport Engine and DatAnywhere. The company sells its products to small and medium businesses, and large multinational enterprises in financial services, consumer and retail, industrial, healthcare, and energy and utilities industries. Varonis Systems Inc. is headquartered in New York. " (1/6/2017)
Who owns Varonis Systems stock?
Varonis Systems' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Cortina Asset Management LLC (1.42%), Two Sigma Investments LP (1.00%), State Street Corp (0.75%), FMR LLC (0.58%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.45%) and Castleark Management LLC (0.41%). Company insiders that own Varonis Systems stock include Gili Iohan, Iv LP Evergreen, James O'boyle, Ohad Korkus, Pitango Venture Capital Fund I, Pitango Venture Capital Princi, Thomas F Mendoza and Yakov Faitelson.
Who sold Varonis Systems stock? Who is selling Varonis Systems stock?
Varonis Systems' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Castleark Management LLC, FIL Ltd, Brown Advisory Inc. and AQR Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Varonis Systems stock in the last year include Gili Iohan, Iv LP Evergreen, James O'boyle, Ohad Korkus, Pitango Venture Capital Fund I, Pitango Venture Capital Princi, Thomas F Mendoza and Yakov Faitelson.
Who bought Varonis Systems stock? Who is buying Varonis Systems stock?
Varonis Systems' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Cortina Asset Management LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Two Sigma Investments LP, Marshall Wace LLP, Menta Capital LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG, GSA Capital Partners LLP and A.R.T. Advisors LLC.
How do I buy Varonis Systems stock?
Shares of Varonis Systems can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Varonis Systems stock cost?
One share of Varonis Systems stock can currently be purchased for approximately $27.70.