About Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (Virtus) is a provider of investment management and related services to individuals and institutions. The Company provides its products in various forms and through multiple distribution channels. Its retail products include open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchange traded funds, variable insurance funds, undertakings for collective investments in transferable securities (UCITS) and separately managed accounts. Its open-end mutual funds are distributed through intermediaries. Its closed-end funds trade on the New York Stock Exchange. Its variable insurance funds are available as investment options in variable annuities and life insurance products distributed by life insurance companies. Separately managed accounts consists of intermediary programs, sponsored and distributed by unaffiliated brokerage firms, and private client accounts, which are offered to the high net-worth clients of its affiliated managers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Investment Management
- Sub-Industry: Asset Management & Custody Banks
- Symbol: NASDAQ:VRTS
- CUSIP: 92828Q10
- Web: www.virtus.com
- Market Cap: $869.65 million
- Outstanding Shares: 7,217,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $115.43
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $110.21
- 52 Week Range: $92.80 - $128.10
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 24.18
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 11.67
- P/E Growth: 0.62
- Annual Revenue: $336.08 million
- Price / Sales: 2.59
- Book Value: $64.11 per share
- Price / Book: 1.88
- Annual Dividend: $1.80
- Dividend Yield: 1.5%
- EBITDA: $73.41 million
- Net Margins: 12.13%
- Return on Equity: 11.35%
- Return on Assets: 3.84%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.52%
- Current Ratio: 19.32%
- Quick Ratio: 19.32%
- Average Volume: 56,485 shs.
- Beta: 1.76
- Short Ratio: 11.55
Frequently Asked Questions for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)
What is Virtus Investment Partners' stock symbol?
Virtus Investment Partners trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "VRTS."
How often does Virtus Investment Partners pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Virtus Investment Partners?
Virtus Investment Partners declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, August 18th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, October 31st will be paid a dividend of $0.45 per share on Wednesday, November 15th. This represents a $1.80 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.49%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, October 30th. View Virtus Investment Partners' Dividend History.
How were Virtus Investment Partners' earnings last quarter?
Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS) posted its quarterly earnings data on Friday, July, 28th. The company reported $1.61 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $1.66 by $0.05. The company had revenue of $94.10 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $91.78 million. Virtus Investment Partners had a net margin of 12.13% and a return on equity of 11.35%. The company's revenue was up 17.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $1.24 EPS. View Virtus Investment Partners' Earnings History.
When will Virtus Investment Partners make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Virtus Investment Partners' stock going? Where will Virtus Investment Partners' stock price be in 2017?
5 brokers have issued twelve-month price targets for Virtus Investment Partners' shares. Their forecasts range from $116.00 to $147.00. On average, they expect Virtus Investment Partners' stock price to reach $128.20 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Virtus Investment Partners.
What are analysts saying about Virtus Investment Partners stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Virtus Investment Partners stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Virtus Investment Partners, Inc., headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut, provides investment management products and services to individuals and institutions in the United States. . It operates a multi-manager asset management business, comprising a number of individual affiliated managers, each with a distinct investment style, autonomous investment process and individual brand. Investors have an array of needs and Virtus Investment Partners offers a variety of investment styles and multiple disciplines to meet those needs. The Company provides its products in a number of forms and through multiple distribution channels. Its retail products include open-end mutual funds, closed-end funds and separately managed accounts. The Company manages institutional accounts for corporations, multi-employer retirement funds and foundations, endowments, special purpose funds and other types of institutions. " (10/12/2017)
- 2. Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "attractive" (8/8/2017)
Who are some of Virtus Investment Partners' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Virtus Investment Partners include OM Asset Management PLC (OMAM), WisdomTree Investments (WETF), Rathbone Brothers plc (RAT), Brewin Dolphin Holdings plc (BRW), Hamilton Lane (HLNE), Polar Capital Holdings plc (POLR), Mortgage Advice Bureau (Holdings) PLC (MAB1), Liontrust Asset Management PLC (LIO), Pzena Investment Management (PZN), Premier Asset Management Group PLC (PAM), Charles Stanley Group plc (CAY), Impax Asset Management Group Plc (IPX), City of London Investment Group PLC (CLIG), Fifth Street Asset Management (FSAM), Miton Group PLC (MGR), Manning and Napier (MN), Medley Management (MDLY) and Medley Management (MDLY).
Who are Virtus Investment Partners' key executives?
Virtus Investment Partners' management team includes the folowing people:
- George R. Aylward CPA, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Michael A. Angerthal, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Treasurer
- Mark S. Flynn, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Mardelle Pena, Executive Vice President - Human Resources
- W. Patrick Bradley III, Executive Vice President - Fund Services
- Barry M. Mandinach, Executive Vice President - Head of Distribution
- Francis G. Waltman, Executive Vice President, Head - Product Management
- Mark C. Treanor, Non-Executive Independent Chairman of the Board
- James R. Baio, Independent Director
- Susan S. Fleming Ph.D., Independent Director
Who owns Virtus Investment Partners stock?
Virtus Investment Partners' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.10%). Company insiders that own Virtus Investment Partners stock include Of Montreal /Can/ Bank and William Patrick Bradley III. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Virtus Investment Partners.
Who sold Virtus Investment Partners stock? Who is selling Virtus Investment Partners stock?
How do I buy Virtus Investment Partners stock?
Shares of Virtus Investment Partners can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Virtus Investment Partners' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ VRTS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Virtus Investment Partners and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Virtus Investment Partners stock can currently be purchased for approximately $120.50.
Earnings History for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)Earnings History by Quarter for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ VRTS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/28/2017||Q2 2017||$1.66||$1.61||$91.78 million||$94.10 million||View||N/A|
|4/28/2017||Q1 2017||$1.62||$1.16||$80.67 million||$79.78 million||View||N/A|
|1/25/2017||Q416||$1.80||$1.75||$81.07 million||$79.90 million||View||N/A|
|10/28/2016||Q316||$1.48||$1.64||$80.77 million||$82.30 million||View||Listen|
|7/29/2016||Q216||$1.32||$1.24||$78.86 million||$80.10 million||View||Listen|
|4/29/2016||Q1||$1.08||$1.12||$81.08 million||$80.30 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2016||Q415||$1.51||$1.37||$85.95 million||$86.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/30/2015||Q315||$2.00||$1.74||$92.81 million||$92.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/31/2015||Q215||$2.11||$2.21||$91.11 million||$99.70 million||View||Listen|
|5/11/2015||Q115||$2.36||$2.11||$104.85 million||$103.80 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$2.42||$2.05||$112.00 million||$112.14 million||View||N/A|
|10/28/2014||Q314||$2.53||$2.35||$117.61 million||$117.80 million||View||N/A|
|7/28/2014||Q214||$2.57||$2.10||$113.53 million||$112.70 million||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q1||$2.37||$2.34||$108.86 million||$107.87 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2014||Q413||$2.44||$2.65||$105.10 million||$80.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2013||Q313||$2.29||$2.56||$98.14 million||$100.41 million||View||N/A|
|7/30/2013||Q2 2013||$2.01||$1.91||$94.14 million||$96.14 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $8.22
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)
|Payout Ratio:||35.02% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
23.59% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
17.42% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ VRTS)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Headline Trends for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)
Latest Headlines for Virtus Investment Partners (NASDAQ:VRTS)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017