About B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS)
B&G Foods, Inc. (B&G Foods) is a holding company. The Company manufactures, sells and distributes a portfolio of shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Its products include frozen and canned vegetables, hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, bagel chips, spices, seasonings, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, pizza crusts, Mexican-style sauces, dry soups, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers, tomato-based products, puffed corn and rice snacks, nut clusters and other specialty products. Its products are marketed under various brands, including Ac'cent, B&G, B&M, Baker's Joy, Bear Creek Country Kitchens, Brer Rabbit, Canoleo, Cary's, Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Devonsheer, Don Pepino, Durkee, New York Style, Old London, Original Tings, Ortega, Spice Islands, Spring Tree, Static Guard, Sugar Twin, Tone's, Trappey's, TrueNorth, Underwood, Vermont Maid, Victoria, Weber and Wright's.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Food Processing
- Sub-Industry: Packaged Foods & Meats
- Sector: Food Processing - NEC
- Symbol: NYSE:BGS
- CUSIP: 05508R10
- Web: www.bgfoods.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 2.34%
- Current Ratio: 3.24%
- Quick Ratio: 1.06%
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.8
- Forward P/E Ratio: 17.15
- Annual Sales: $1.39126 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.74
- Cash Flow: $2.85 per share
- Price / Cash: 12.75
- Book Value: $11.90 per share
- Price / Book: 3.05
- Annual Dividend: $1.86
- Dividend Yield: 5.5%
- Trailing EPS: $1.52
- Net Income: $109.42 million
- Net Margins: 6.29%
- Return on Equity: 15.50%
- Return on Assets: 3.92%
- Employees: 2,590
- Outstanding Shares: 66,500,000
Frequently Asked Questions for B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS)
What is B&G Foods' stock symbol?
B&G Foods trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BGS."
How often does B&G Foods pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for B&G Foods?
B&G Foods announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, November 3rd. Investors of record on Friday, December 29th will be paid a dividend of $0.465 per share on Tuesday, January 30th. This represents a $1.86 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 5.12%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, December 28th. View B&G Foods' Dividend History.
How were B&G Foods' earnings last quarter?
B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE:BGS) announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, October, 31st. The company reported $0.55 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.47 by $0.08. The business had revenue of $408.40 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $391.31 million. B&G Foods had a net margin of 6.29% and a return on equity of 15.50%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 28.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.56 EPS. View B&G Foods' Earnings History.
When will B&G Foods make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has B&G Foods issued on next quarter's earnings?
B&G Foods issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Tuesday, October, 31st. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $2.03-$2.17 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $2.10. The company issued revenue guidance of $1.66-$1.685 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $1.67 billion.
Where is B&G Foods' stock going? Where will B&G Foods' stock price be in 2017?
8 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for B&G Foods' stock. Their forecasts range from $36.00 to $52.00. On average, they anticipate B&G Foods' share price to reach $40.75 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for B&G Foods.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about B&G Foods stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about B&G Foods stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "B&G FOODS and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute a diversified portfolio of high-quality, shelf-stable foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. B&G Foods' products include hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, spices, seasonings, marinades, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, Mexican-style sauces, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers and other specialty food products. B&G Foods competes in the retail grocery, food service, specialty, private label, club and mass merchandiser channels of distribution. Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods' products are marketed under many recognized brands, including Ac'cent, B&G, B&M, Brer Rabbit, Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Emeril's, Grandma's Molasses, Joan of Arc, Las Palmas, Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, Ortega, Polaner, Red Devil, Regina, Sa-són, Trappey's, Underwood, Vermont Maid and Wright's. " (10/17/2017)
- 2. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "4Q was perhaps even uglier than advertised during the company's ICR conference presentation (when it first called out the trade inventory shortfall in October). However, our 2017 sales and cash flow estimate reductions are more modest as a result of accelerating Green Giant momentum' Lowering 2017 and 2018 EBITDA estimates to reflect increased spending behind Green Giant sales momentum: Following weaker than expected 4Q results, we are lowering our 2017 and 2018 EBITDA estimates from $387M and $404M to $369M (+15% YOY; cons. $376M; guidance $360'375M) and $393M (+6% YOY; cons. $384M). The company reported adjusted EPS of $0.29 (-31% YOY) versus RBCe and consensus $0.40. The majority of the shortfall, or $0.10, was due to a combination of lower Green Giant sales (see next bullet) and increased slotting fees behind new innovation. This led to an adjusted gross margin of 26.4% versus our 27.9% forecast. Our 2017e and 2018e EPS also move lower, from $2.52 and $2.63 to $2.18 (+6% YOY; cons. $2.36; guidance $2.13'2.27) and $2.36 (+8% YOY; cons. $2.45). Our lower EPS relative to EBITDA reflects a step-up in D&A expense as a result of recent acquisitions ($50M in '17 vs. $37M in '16). We are lowering our price target to $52 (from $54), which equates to 13x 2018e EV/EBITDA." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of B&G Foods' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to B&G Foods include Darling Ingredients (DAR), Central Garden & Pet Company (CENT), Cranswick plc (CWK), Greencore Group plc (GNC), MGP Ingredients (MGPI), Dean Foods Company (DF), Annies (BNNY), Hilton Food Group plc (HFG), SunOpta (STKL), Blue Apron Holdings (APRN), Premier Foods Plc (PFD), Royal Bank of Canada (PENX), Wynnstay Group plc (WYN), Real Good Food PLC (RGD), Kraft Foods Group (KRFT), New Britain Palm Oil Limited (NBPO), Ralcorp Holdings (RAH) and WhiteWave Foods Co (WWAV).
Who are B&G Foods' key executives?
B&G Foods' management team includes the folowing people:
- Stephen C. Sherrill, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 64)
- Robert C. Cantwell, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 60)
- Amy J. Chiovari, Corporate Controller (Age 46)
- Eric H. Hart, Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive Vice President of Human Resources (Age 50)
- Scott E. Lerner, Chief Compliance Officer, Executive Vice President, , General Counsel, Secretary (Age 44)
- Vanessa E. Maskal, Executive Vice President - Sales and Marketing (Age 60)
- William F. Herbes, Executive Vice President - Operations (Age 62)
- William H. Wright, Executive Vice President - Quality Assurance and Research & Development (Age 72)
- David L. Wenner, Director (Age 67)
- DeAnn L. Brunts, Independent Director (Age 55)
Who owns B&G Foods stock?
B&G Foods' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Principal Financial Group Inc. (7.42%), Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. (4.01%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.72%), Epoch Investment Partners Inc. (1.46%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.45%) and Deprince Race & Zollo Inc. (1.45%). Company insiders that own B&G Foods stock include Alfred Poe, Bruce C Wacha, Michael A Sands, Scott E Lerner and Thomas P Crimmins. View Institutional Ownership Trends for B&G Foods.
Who sold B&G Foods stock? Who is selling B&G Foods stock?
B&G Foods' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ameriprise Financial Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Schroder Investment Management Group, First Trust Advisors LP and Legato Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for B&G Foods.
Who bought B&G Foods stock? Who is buying B&G Foods stock?
B&G Foods' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Principal Financial Group Inc., Point72 Asset Management L.P., Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc., Fuller & Thaler Asset Management Inc., Jennison Associates LLC, Deprince Race & Zollo Inc., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP and Monarch Partners Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought B&G Foods stock in the last two years include Bruce C Wacha and Thomas P Crimmins. View Insider Buying and Selling for B&G Foods.
How do I buy B&G Foods stock?
Shares of B&G Foods can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is B&G Foods' stock price today?
One share of B&G Foods stock can currently be purchased for approximately $36.35.
How big of a company is B&G Foods?
B&G Foods has a market capitalization of $2.37 billion and generates $1.39126 billion in revenue each year. The company earns $109.42 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.52 on an earnings per share basis. B&G Foods employs 2,590 workers across the globe.
How can I contact B&G Foods?
B&G Foods' mailing address is 4 Gatehall Dr Ste 110, PARSIPPANY, NJ 07054-4522, United States. The company can be reached via phone at +1-973-4016500.
MarketBeat Community Rating for B&G Foods (NYSE BGS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about B&G Foods and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 2 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.75)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$40.75 (12.10% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS)
Analysts' Ratings History for B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS)
(Data available from 11/18/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/16/2017||Berenberg Bank||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$43.50 -> $40.00||N/A|
|11/1/2017||Stephens||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$39.00||N/A|
|8/23/2017||Buckingham Research||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$40.00||Medium|
|8/8/2017||Barclays PLC||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$46.00 -> $37.00||Low|
|8/7/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||Medium|
|8/5/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Set Price Target||Hold||$36.00||Medium|
|7/20/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$43.00||Medium|
|7/18/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$52.00||Low|
|9/23/2016||DA Davidson||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$52.00||N/A|
|4/7/2016||William Blair||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|3/22/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$38.00||N/A|