B&G Foods, Inc. (B&G Foods) is a holding company. The Company manufactures, sells and distributes a portfolio of shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Its products include frozen and canned vegetables, hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, bagel chips, spices, seasonings, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, pizza crusts, Mexican-style sauces, dry soups, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers, tomato-based products, puffed corn and rice snacks, nut clusters and other specialty products. Its products are marketed under various brands, including Ac'cent, B&G, B&M, Baker's Joy, Bear Creek Country Kitchens, Brer Rabbit, Canoleo, Cary's, Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Devonsheer, Don Pepino, Durkee, New York Style, Old London, Original Tings, Ortega, Spice Islands, Spring Tree, Static Guard, Sugar Twin, Tone's, Trappey's, TrueNorth, Underwood, Vermont Maid, Victoria, Weber and Wright's.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Processed & Packaged Goods
- Sub-Industry: Packaged Foods & Meats
- Symbol: NYSE:BGS
- CUSIP: 05508R10
- Web: www.bgfoods.com
- Market Cap: $2.67 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 66,474,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $40.59
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $42.55
- 52 Week Range: $38.60 - $52.84
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.984
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 17.51
- P/E Growth: 2.280
- Annual Revenue: $1.46 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.83
- Book Value: $11.90 per share
- Price / Book: 3.37
- Annual Dividend: $1.86
- Dividend Yield: 4.7%
- EBIDTA: $325.4 million
- Net Margins: 8.09%
- Return on Equity: 21.79%
- Return on Assets: 5.20%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.91%
- Current Ratio: 4.09%
- Quick Ratio: 2.24%
- Average Volume: 759,048 shs.
- Beta: 0.05
- Short Ratio: 9.66
Frequently Asked Questions for B&G Foods (NYSE:BGS)
What is B&G Foods' stock symbol?
B&G Foods trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BGS."
How often does B&G Foods pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for B&G Foods?
B&G Foods declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, February 22nd. Shareholders of record on Friday, March 31st will be given a dividend of $0.465 per share on Monday, May 1st. This represents a $1.86 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 4.64%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, March 29th. View B&G Foods' Dividend History.
How were B&G Foods' earnings last quarter?
B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE:BGS) posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 4th. The company reported $0.58 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.54 by $0.04. The business had revenue of $417.90 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $413.35 million. B&G Foods had a return on equity of 21.79% and a net margin of 8.09%. B&G Foods's quarterly revenue was up 18.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.65 EPS. View B&G Foods' Earnings History.
When will B&G Foods make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has B&G Foods issued on next quarter's earnings?
B&G Foods issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Thursday, May, 4th. The company provided EPS guidance of $2.13-$2.27 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $2.17. The company issued revenue guidance of $1.64-$1.68 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $1.65 billion.
Where is B&G Foods' stock going? Where will B&G Foods' stock price be in 2017?
7 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for B&G Foods' shares. Their forecasts range from $42.00 to $52.00. On average, they anticipate B&G Foods' share price to reach $46.75 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for B&G Foods.
What are analysts saying about B&G Foods stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about B&G Foods stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "B&G FOODS and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute a diversified portfolio of high-quality, shelf-stable foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. B&G Foods' products include hot cereals, fruit spreads, canned meats and beans, spices, seasonings, marinades, hot sauces, wine vinegar, maple syrup, molasses, salad dressings, Mexican-style sauces, taco shells and kits, salsas, pickles, peppers and other specialty food products. B&G Foods competes in the retail grocery, food service, specialty, private label, club and mass merchandiser channels of distribution. Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods' products are marketed under many recognized brands, including Ac'cent, B&G, B&M, Brer Rabbit, Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Emeril's, Grandma's Molasses, Joan of Arc, Las Palmas, Maple Grove Farms of Vermont, Ortega, Polaner, Red Devil, Regina, Sa-són, Trappey's, Underwood, Vermont Maid and Wright's. " (5/9/2017)
- 2. Royal Bank of Canada analysts commented, "4Q was perhaps even uglier than advertised during the company's ICR conference presentation (when it first called out the trade inventory shortfall in October). However, our 2017 sales and cash flow estimate reductions are more modest as a result of accelerating Green Giant momentum' Lowering 2017 and 2018 EBITDA estimates to reflect increased spending behind Green Giant sales momentum: Following weaker than expected 4Q results, we are lowering our 2017 and 2018 EBITDA estimates from $387M and $404M to $369M (+15% YOY; cons. $376M; guidance $360'375M) and $393M (+6% YOY; cons. $384M). The company reported adjusted EPS of $0.29 (-31% YOY) versus RBCe and consensus $0.40. The majority of the shortfall, or $0.10, was due to a combination of lower Green Giant sales (see next bullet) and increased slotting fees behind new innovation. This led to an adjusted gross margin of 26.4% versus our 27.9% forecast. Our 2017e and 2018e EPS also move lower, from $2.52 and $2.63 to $2.18 (+6% YOY; cons. $2.36; guidance $2.13'2.27) and $2.36 (+8% YOY; cons. $2.45). Our lower EPS relative to EBITDA reflects a step-up in D&A expense as a result of recent acquisitions ($50M in '17 vs. $37M in '16). We are lowering our price target to $52 (from $54), which equates to 13x 2018e EV/EBITDA." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of B&G Foods' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to B&G Foods include TreeHouse Foods (THS), Flowers Foods (FLO), Snyder's-Lance (LNCE), J & J Snack Foods Corp (JJSF), MGP Ingredients (MGPI), SunOpta (STKL), Farmer Brothers (FARM), Omega Protein (OME), Inventure Foods (SNAK), Boulder Brands (BDBD), Diamond Foods (DMND) and Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR).
Who owns B&G Foods stock?
B&G Foods' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (11.82%), Vanguard Group Inc. (9.23%), FMR LLC (8.81%), Edge Asset Management Inc. (3.61%), Diamond Hill Capital Management Inc. (3.56%) and State Street Corp (2.44%). Company insiders that own B&G Foods stock include Alfred Poe, Michael A Sands, Scott E Lerner and Thomas P Crimmins. View Institutional Ownership Trends for B&G Foods.
Who sold B&G Foods stock? Who is selling B&G Foods stock?
B&G Foods' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Victory Capital Management Inc., Advisors Capital Management LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Mesirow Financial Investment Management Equity Management, Comerica Bank, Cortina Asset Management LLC, Bank of America Corp DE and Morgan Stanley. View Insider Buying and Selling for B&G Foods.
Who bought B&G Foods stock? Who is buying B&G Foods stock?
B&G Foods' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., FMR LLC, Foresters Investment Management Company Inc., Edge Asset Management Inc., OppenheimerFunds Inc., Channing Capital Management LLC, Vanguard Group Inc. and Champlain Investment Partners LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for B&G Foods.
How do I buy B&G Foods stock?
Shares of B&G Foods can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of B&G Foods stock cost?
One share of B&G Foods stock can currently be purchased for approximately $40.10.