About General Dynamics
General Dynamics Corporation is a global aerospace and defense company. The Company offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; information technology (IT) services and C4ISR (command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance) solutions, and shipbuilding and ship repair. It operates through four business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Systems and Technology, and Marine Systems. Its Aerospace group offers aircraft design; cockpit and cabin systems, and product service and support. Its Combat Systems group offers combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions. The Information Systems and Technology group provides technologies, products and services in support of various programs. The Marine Systems group is a designer and builder of nuclear-powered submarines, surface combatants and auxiliary and combat-logistics ships.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Aerospace
- Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
- Sub-Industry: Aerospace & Defense
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: GD
- CUSIP: 36955010
- Previous Close: $190.40
- 50 Day Moving Average: $181.86
- 200 Day Moving Average: $165.33
- 52-Week Range: $127.74 - $190.89
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 19.99
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.03
- P/E Growth: 2.11
- Market Cap: $57.37B
- Outstanding Shares: 301,297,000
- Beta: 0.75
- Net Margins: 9.42%
- Return on Equity: 27.92%
- Return on Assets: 9.49%
Companies Related to General Dynamics:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.27%
- Current Ratio: 1.20%
- Quick Ratio: 0.93%
What is General Dynamics' stock symbol?
General Dynamics trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "GD."
How often does General Dynamics pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for General Dynamics?
General Dynamics declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, December 7th. Shareholders of record on Friday, January 20th will be given a dividend of $0.76 per share on Friday, February 10th. This represents a $3.04 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.60%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, January 18th.
Where is General Dynamics' stock going? Where will General Dynamics' stock price be in 2017?
18 analysts have issued 1-year target prices for General Dynamics' shares. Their forecasts range from $114.00 to $215.00. On average, they expect General Dynamics' share price to reach $169.88 in the next twelve months.
When will General Dynamics announce their earnings?
General Dynamics is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 25th 2017.
What are analysts saying about General Dynamics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about General Dynamics stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "good" in the quarter with "increasing velocity" in 2H16/early 2017 and that backlogs remain solid. Analyst Joseph DeNardi commented, "General Dynamics (GD) posted better than expected EPS results of $2.62, above our $2.60 estimate and consensus' $2.54 estimate. Earnings benefited from a lower effective tax rate of 26.2% that added $0.12 to EPS relative to our 29.5% estimate. Revenue results beat our estimate, driven by stronger than expected growth across all four segments, but was still below consensus estimate, which anticipated stronger growth in the Combat System segment than what was realized. Management issued better than expected initial guidance for 2017, driven by continued growth in GD's Combat System and IS&T segments. GD continues to execute very well and will certainly benefit if an improvement in GDP drives a recovery in the business jet market. We balance the upside that would come from such an improvement with the downside should it not, and, in the end, believe more attractive risk-reward profiles exist elsewhere in the industry. As a result, we maintain our Hold rating." (1/30/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "General Dynamics is one of the only two contractors in the world equipped to build nuclear-powered submarines. Its revenues are derived from a broad portfolio of products and services that help to keep the overall growth momentum steady. The company's share price has outperformed the broader industry price in the last one year backed by the company’s focus on research and development which will continue to drive growth in the quarters ahead. However, the company’s defense business will likely experience top-line pressure in case of any further defense budget cut. Moreover, General Dynamics operates in a highly competitive market, which may hurt its performance going forward." (1/13/2017)
Who owns General Dynamics stock?
General Dynamics' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (4.41%), FMR LLC (3.33%), Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (1.59%), Franklin Resources Inc. (1.21%), Janus Capital Management LLC (1.13%) and Iridian Asset Management LLC CT (0.93%). Company insiders that own General Dynamics stock include Christopher Marzilli, Gregory S Gallopoulos, John Patrick Casey, Kimberly A Kuryea, Larry R Flynn, Lester L Lyles, Marguerite Amy Gilliland, Mark C Roualet, Robert W Helm and S Daniel Johnson.
Who sold General Dynamics stock? Who is selling General Dynamics stock?
General Dynamics' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Putnam Investments LLC, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, AQR Capital Management LLC, Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, Westwood Holdings Group Inc., I.G. Investment Management LTD. and Federated Investors Inc. PA. Company insiders that have sold General Dynamics stock in the last year include Gregory S Gallopoulos, John Patrick Casey, Kimberly A Kuryea, Mark C Roualet, Robert W Helm and S Daniel Johnson.
Who bought General Dynamics stock? Who is buying General Dynamics stock?
General Dynamics' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Janus Capital Management LLC, Bain Capital Public Equity Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., State Street Corp, Russell Investments Group Ltd., FMR LLC, Kingdon Capital Management L.L.C. and Barometer Capital Management Inc..
How do I buy General Dynamics stock?
Shares of General Dynamics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of General Dynamics stock cost?
One share of General Dynamics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $190.40.