About Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED)
Globus Medical, Inc., a medical device company, focuses on the design, development, and commercialization of musculoskeletal implants that promote healing in patients with spine disorders. The company offers products that address an array of spinal pathologies, anatomies, and surgical approaches. Its fusion products include a range of implant and surgical approach options to treat degenerative, deformity, tumor, and trauma conditions along the spine from the occiput to the sacrum. The company's disruptive technology products comprise products that allow for minimally invasive surgical techniques; and new treatment alternatives, including imaging, navigational, and robotic technologies, as well as motion preservation technologies, such as dynamic stabilization, total disc replacement, and interspinous process spacer products. Its disruptive technology products also consist of regenerative biologics products, including bioactive glass-based bone void fillers and ceramic-collagen for pelvic/extremity and posterolateral spinal fusion procedures; and interventional pain management solutions, which comprise treatments for vertebral compression fractures. In addition, the company offers products for the treatment of orthopedic trauma, including compression screws, fixation plates, intramedullary nails, and external fixation systems. Further, it distributes human cell, tissue, and cellular and tissue based products. The company sells its implants and related disposables primarily to hospitals through direct sales representatives and independent distributors in the United States and internationally. Globus Medical, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Audubon, Pennsylvania.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Surgical & medical instruments
Sub-IndustryHealth Care Equipment
Trailing P/E Ratio41.44
Forward P/E Ratio35.78
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$635.98 million
Price / Sales8.33
Cash Flow$1.7783 per share
Price / Cash30.58
Book Value$10.01 per share
Price / Book5.43
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$1.31
Net Income$107.34 million
Return on Equity14.51%
Return on Assets13.13%
Globus Medical (NYSE:GMED) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Globus Medical's stock symbol?
Globus Medical trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "GMED."
How were Globus Medical's earnings last quarter?
Globus Medical Inc (NYSE:GMED) released its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The medical device company reported $0.41 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.36 by $0.05. The medical device company earned $174.41 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $167.95 million. Globus Medical had a return on equity of 14.51% and a net margin of 18.05%. The firm's revenue was up 11.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.32 earnings per share. View Globus Medical's Earnings History.
What guidance has Globus Medical issued on next quarter's earnings?
Globus Medical updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $1.52 from $1.50 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $1.50. The company issued revenue guidance of $695 million from $690 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $690.92 million.
What price target have analysts set for GMED?
12 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Globus Medical's shares. Their predictions range from $36.00 to $65.00. On average, they expect Globus Medical's share price to reach $52.3333 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Globus Medical.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Globus Medical stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Globus Medical stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Globus Medical, Inc. is a medical device company focused on the design, development and commercialization of products that promote healing in patients with spine disorders. The Company's products fall into one of two categories: innovative fusion or disruptive technologies. Its innovative fusion products address a broad range of spinal fusion surgical procedures. Its disruptive technology products include minimally invasive surgical, motion preservation and advanced biomaterials technologies. Globus Medical, Inc. is based in Audubon, Pennsylvania. " (5/4/2018)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We recently had the opportunity to host a fireside chat with Globus, as well as visit the company’s booth during the AAOS conference and came away incrementally more confident in the growth opportunities ahead of the company. Specifically, early feedback and success with the ExcelsiusGPS system reinforce our view that the robotic platform can provide a tailwind to an improving core US spine business. In trauma, we were encouraged by the early excitement around the initial product launches – including 6 recently cleared systems to complement the 5 launched at OTA back in October – which we expect to develop into a growth driver in 2019 and beyond. Net, net, while the valuation certainly reflects continued execution in 2018, we are increasingly optimistic that the improving fundamentals in the core US spine business, early success in robotics, and OUS momentum are capable of delivering continued upside to current guidance – thus supporting continued share appreciation." (3/12/2018)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "GMED’s 4Q17 revenue was consistent with its 1/9/18 preannouncement and its EPS beat consensus. Management reiterated 2018 revenue guidance of $690M and adjusted EPS guidance of $1.50. We estimate that the Emerging Technology segment drove much of the upside given the incremental revenue and negligible EPS drag. Gross margin was up 250 bps Y/Y and operating margin was up 60 bps Y/Y. We maintain our Hold rating since we believe that GMED’s valuation appropriately reflects its Emerging Technologies business’ potential." (2/22/2018)
Who are some of Globus Medical's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Globus Medical include ABIOMED (ABMD), ResMed (RMD), Teleflex (TFX), Dexcom (DXCM), ICU Medical (ICUI), Hill-Rom (HRC), Insulet (PODD), Penumbra (PEN), Haemonetics (HAE), Cantel Medical (CMD), NuVasive (NUVA), Novocure (NVCR), Merit Medical Systems (MMSI), Nevro (NVRO) and Irhythm Technologies (IRTC).
Who are Globus Medical's key executives?
Globus Medical's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. David C. Paul, Co-Founder & Exec. Chairman (Age 51)
- Mr. David M. Demski, CEO, Group Pres of Emerging Technologies & Director (Age 60)
- Mr. Anthony L. Williams, Pres & Corp. Sec. (Age 47)
- Mr. David D. Davidar, Co-Founder & Director (Age 52)
- Mr. Daniel T. Scavilla, CFO & Sr. VP (Age 53)
Has Globus Medical been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about GMED stock has been trending somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm scores the sentiment of news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Globus Medical earned a daily sentiment score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave press coverage about the medical device company an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Globus Medical's major shareholders?
Globus Medical's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (8.28%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.79%), Van Berkom & Associates Inc. (1.43%), Royal Bank of Canada (1.31%), GW&K Investment Management LLC (1.25%) and Northern Trust Corp (1.20%). Company insiders that own Globus Medical stock include A Brett Murphy, Anthony L Williams, Daniel T Scavilla, David C Paul, David D Davidar, David M Demski, Eric Schwartz and Steven Payne. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Globus Medical.
Which institutional investors are selling Globus Medical stock?
GMED stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including American Century Companies Inc., Nuveen Asset Management LLC, Van Berkom & Associates Inc., Fort Washington Investment Advisors Inc. OH, Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC, Anchor Capital Advisors LLC, GW&K Investment Management LLC and Wells Fargo & Company MN. Company insiders that have sold Globus Medical company stock in the last year include A Brett Murphy, Anthony L Williams, Daniel T Scavilla, David C Paul, David D Davidar, David M Demski, Eric Schwartz and Steven Payne. View Insider Buying and Selling for Globus Medical.
Which institutional investors are buying Globus Medical stock?
GMED stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Victory Capital Management Inc., BlackRock Inc., Cookson Peirce & Co. Inc., Federated Investors Inc. PA, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Prudential Financial Inc. and Point72 Asset Management L.P.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Globus Medical.
How do I buy shares of Globus Medical?
Shares of GMED can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Globus Medical's stock price today?
One share of GMED stock can currently be purchased for approximately $54.38.
How big of a company is Globus Medical?
Globus Medical has a market capitalization of $5.35 billion and generates $635.98 million in revenue each year. The medical device company earns $107.34 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.31 on an earnings per share basis. Globus Medical employs 1,500 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Globus Medical?
Globus Medical's mailing address is 2560 GENERAL ARMISTEAD AVENUE, AUDUBON PA, 19403. The medical device company can be reached via phone at 610-930-1800 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Globus Medical (GMED)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Globus Medical and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe GMED will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe GMED will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.