About ServiceNow (NYSE:NOW)
ServiceNow, Inc. provides enterprise cloud computing solutions that define, structure, manage, and automate services for enterprises worldwide. The company offers service management solutions for customer service, human resources, security operations, and other enterprise departments. It operates ServiceNow platform that provides workflow automation, electronic service catalogs and portals, configuration management systems, data benchmarking, performance analytics, encryption, and collaboration and development tools. The company also provides information technology (IT) solutions, such as IT service management product suite for enterprise's employees, customers, and partners; IT operations management that connects a customer's physical and cloud-based IT infrastructure with applications and platforms; and IT business management product suite that enables customers to manage their IT priorities. In addition, it offers customer service management product for customer service cases and requests; human resources service delivery product; and security operations product for security operations management requirements of third-party. Further, the company provides professional services, training services and certification programs, and customer support services. It serves enterprises in various industries, including financial services, consumer products, IT services, healthcare, government, education, and technology. The company sells products through its direct sales team, as well as indirectly through third-party channels by partnering with systems integrators, managed services providers, and resale partners. The company was formerly known as Service-now.com and changed its name to ServiceNow, Inc. in May 2012. ServiceNow, Inc. was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-177.53
Forward P/E Ratio1,433.92
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.93 billion
Price / Sales17.04
Cash Flow$0.6153 per share
Price / Cash302.98
Book Value$3.38 per share
Price / Book55.15
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.05)
Return on Equity-10.63%
Return on Assets-2.02%
ServiceNow (NYSE:NOW) Frequently Asked Questions
What is ServiceNow's stock symbol?
ServiceNow trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "NOW."
How were ServiceNow's earnings last quarter?
ServiceNow Inc (NYSE:NOW) posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, April, 25th. The information technology services provider reported $0.56 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.37 by $0.19. The information technology services provider earned $589.20 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $570.63 million. ServiceNow had a negative return on equity of 10.63% and a negative net margin of 4.65%. ServiceNow's revenue was up 37.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $0.25 EPS. View ServiceNow's Earnings History.
When is ServiceNow's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for NOW?
32 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for ServiceNow's shares. Their predictions range from $120.00 to $208.00. On average, they anticipate ServiceNow's stock price to reach $174.4444 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for ServiceNow.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about ServiceNow stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about ServiceNow stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "ServiceNow reported stellar first-quarter results. Both revenues and earnings jumped on a year-over-year basis. Robust adoption of company’s application based products driven by an expanding customer base undergoing digital transformation is a key catalyst. Moreover, the company is well poised to benefit from shifting focus to adoption of its platform and tools by public and big private companies over Global 2000 (G2K) companies. Further, the company’s global presence and strong partnerships are other tailwinds. Shares of the company have outperformed the industry in the past year. However, the company faces stiff competition from the likes of Oracle and salesforce.com in the non-ITSM market, which is compelling the company to increase spending on sales and marketing, thereby hurting profitability." (4/27/2018)
- 2. Mizuho analysts commented, "We expect total revenue ~$575mm (up 34% Y/Y) vs. consensus of $572mm (mgmt. stopped guiding to total revenue). Subscription revenue could print ~$530-535mm (up 37-38% Y/Y) vs. consensus of $530mm and guidance of $525-530mm. For profitability, EPS could print ~$0.38-0.39 vs. consensus of $0.37; CFFO expectations of $224mm seem reasonable given the tough compare and billings pull-forward into 4Q17. Conversations suggest ongoing momentum. Subscription billings guidance of $601-605mm (up 25-26% Y/Y) implies sequential subscription DR build of $76mm; mgmt. was likely conservative due to pull-ins and could deliver some upside. Assuming flat PS billings, consensus is largely in-line with guidance; we think results could print ~$610-615mm (up 27-28% Y/Y) as our checks indicate: 1) in-line discounting environment; 2) incremental use of transaction based pricing for more automated operational workloads; 3) competitive environment remains stacked in the company’s favor." (4/20/2018)
- 3. Credit Suisse Group AG analysts commented, "We believe NOW is poised to execute against a massive digital transformation opportunity, with the majority of its $62bn TAM from newer, less penetrated markets. Our analysis suggests that even if NOW penetrates its Emerging Solutions markets less than half as quickly as it penetrated the ITSM market, the company can exceed its $4bn revenue target by 2020. We believe net-new ACV mix shifting towards Emerging Solutions increases the likelihood of achieving sufficient penetration beyond core ITSM. This is further evidenced by a building presence of emerging products within the top 20 deals in a quarter. As the figure below depicts, ITBM, GRC, and Analytics had the strongest y/y growth in presence among the largest deals booked. A lower-sloped trend indicates stronger momentum for a respective product. See our recent earnings note, NOW: 4Q17 – NOW More Than Ever." (2/11/2018)
- 4. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "Our conversations with partners and customers have made us incrementally more comfortable that this growth trajectory is sustainable, supported by the company's growing success outside of ITSM and increased confidence in John Donahoe's ability to execute this vision as CEO," the firm added.Piper Jaffray sees a premium multiple, supported by a structurally higher margin profile, which it feels will appeal to a larger set of shareholders over time more like Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ: ADBE) and less like salesforce.com, inc. (NYSE: CRM) and Workday Inc (NASDAQ: WDAY).That said, the firm said it is vital for the company's current margin framework on both operating margins and cash flow to be sustainable over time."So, to reiterate our call, the combination of a favorable near-term setup combined with substantial long-term growth opportunity support our decision to upgrade NOW now," (10/23/2017)
Who are some of ServiceNow's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to ServiceNow include Adobe Systems (ADBE), salesforce.com (CRM), VMware (VMW), Activision Blizzard (ATVI), Intuit (INTU), Electronic Arts (EA), Dassault Systemes (DASTY), Autodesk (ADSK), Square (SQ), Shopify (SHOP), Splunk (SPLK), Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP), CA Technologies (CA), Dropbox (DBX) and ANSYS (ANSS).
Who are ServiceNow's key executives?
ServiceNow's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Michael P. Scarpelli, Chief Financial Officer (Age 51)
- Mr. David L. Schneider, Chief Revenue Officer (Age 50)
- Mr. Chirantan Jitendra Desai, Chief Product Officer (Age 47)
- Mr. John J. Donahoe II, Pres, CEO & Director (Age 57)
- Mr. Chris Bedi, Chief Information Officer
Has ServiceNow been receiving favorable news coverage?
Headlines about NOW stock have been trending somewhat positive recently, according to Accern. The research group ranks the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. ServiceNow earned a news sentiment score of 0.14 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news headlines about the information technology services provider an impact score of 47.14 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are ServiceNow's major shareholders?
ServiceNow's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Carmignac Gestion (1.34%), American Century Companies Inc. (0.91%), Federated Investors Inc. PA (0.86%), TCW Group Inc. (0.83%), OppenheimerFunds Inc. (0.81%) and Winslow Capital Management LLC (0.73%). Company insiders that own ServiceNow stock include Anita M Sands, Chirantan Jitendra Desai, Daniel Mcgee, David Schneider, Frank Slootman, Frederic B Luddy, Jeffrey A Miller, John J Donahoe, Michael Scarpelli, Susan L Bostrom and William L Strauss. View Institutional Ownership Trends for ServiceNow.
Which major investors are selling ServiceNow stock?
NOW stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Manning & Napier Group LLC, Carmignac Gestion, Winslow Capital Management LLC, American Century Companies Inc., Columbus Circle Investors, The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company , Tremblant Capital Group and Waratah Capital Advisors Ltd.. Company insiders that have sold ServiceNow company stock in the last year include Anita M Sands, Chirantan Jitendra Desai, David Schneider, Frank Slootman, Frederic B Luddy, Jeffrey A Miller, Michael Scarpelli and Susan L Bostrom. View Insider Buying and Selling for ServiceNow.
Which major investors are buying ServiceNow stock?
NOW stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including OppenheimerFunds Inc., Millennium Management LLC, Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, Sarasin & Partners LLP, Marble Arch Investments LP, Kornitzer Capital Management Inc. KS, Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec and Quadrature Capital Ltd. View Insider Buying and Selling for ServiceNow.
How do I buy shares of ServiceNow?
Shares of NOW can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is ServiceNow's stock price today?
One share of NOW stock can currently be purchased for approximately $186.41.
How big of a company is ServiceNow?
ServiceNow has a market capitalization of $32.92 billion and generates $1.93 billion in revenue each year. The information technology services provider earns $-149,130,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.05) on an earnings per share basis. ServiceNow employs 6,222 workers across the globe.
How can I contact ServiceNow?
ServiceNow's mailing address is 2225 LAWSON LANE, SANTA CLARA CA, 95054. The information technology services provider can be reached via phone at 408-501-8550 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for ServiceNow (NOW)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about ServiceNow and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe NOW will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe NOW will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.