About Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Performance Food Group Company, through its subsidiaries, markets and distributes food and food-related products. The Company operates through three segments: Performance Foodservice, PFG Customized and Vistar. The Performance Foodservice segment distributes a range of national brands, customer brands, and branded food and food-related products. It sells to independent or street, and multi-unit or chain, restaurants and other institutions. Its PFG Customized segment provides service to family and casual dining restaurant chains, and fast casual and quick service restaurant chains. Its Vistar segment specializes in distributing candy, snacks, beverages and other items nationally to the vending, office coffee service, theater, hospitality and other channels. Its products include a range of frozen foods, such as meats, fully prepared appetizers and entrees, and desserts; a range of canned and dry foods; fresh meats; dairy products; beverage products, and snack and other products.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Food Retail & Distribution
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:PFGC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.pfgc.com
- Market Cap: $2.93992 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 104,075,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $28.39
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $27.32
- 52 Week Range: $19.95 - $29.90
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 30.38
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 16.82
- P/E Growth: 1.27
- Annual Revenue: $16.76 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.18
- Book Value: $9.18 per share
- Price / Book: 3.08
- EBITDA: $342.3 million
- Net Margins: 0.57%
- Return on Equity: 14.73%
- Return on Assets: 3.48%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.39%
- Current Ratio: 1.51%
- Quick Ratio: 0.77%
- Average Volume: 665,880 shs.
- Beta: -0.27
- Short Ratio: 4.68
Frequently Asked Questions for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
What is Performance Food Group Company's stock symbol?
Performance Food Group Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "PFGC."
How were Performance Food Group Company's earnings last quarter?
Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC) announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August, 16th. The company reported $0.48 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.50 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $4.43 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $4.46 billion. Performance Food Group Company had a net margin of 0.57% and a return on equity of 14.73%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 1.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business earned $0.38 earnings per share. View Performance Food Group Company's Earnings History.
When will Performance Food Group Company make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Performance Food Group Company's stock going? Where will Performance Food Group Company's stock price be in 2017?
11 brokerages have issued 1-year target prices for Performance Food Group Company's stock. Their forecasts range from $21.00 to $35.00. On average, they anticipate Performance Food Group Company's stock price to reach $29.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Performance Food Group Company.
What are analysts saying about Performance Food Group Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Performance Food Group Company stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Performance Food Group Company markets and distributes food and food-related products. Its operating segment consists of Foodservice, Vistar, and PFG Customized. Foodservice segment offers appetizers and soups, beverages, canned and dry foods, cheese, dairy products and eggs, desserts and breads, dressing sauces and oils, non-foods, pizzas and pastas, prepared foods, produce and vegetables and seafood products. Vistar segment offers candies, gum and mints, snacks, cold beverages, frozen products, coffees, ice creams, frozen and refrigerated entrees, disposables, cleaners and more. PFG Customized segment offers seafood, meats, produce, dairy products and smallwares. The company serves independent and national chain restaurants, quick-service eateries, pizzerias, theaters, schools, hotels, healthcare facilities and other institutions. Performance Food Group Company is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. " (10/5/2017)
- 2. Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) analysts commented, "We reiterate our Buy rating on PFGC and add the shares to the Americas Conviction List, as we have increased confidence in core parts of our investment thesis: independent sales helping drive growth well ahead of restaurant industry volumes and private label/independent sales also driving gross margin accretion. Our EPS estimates fall 3%-11% and our EBITDA estimates fall 2%-3% to reflect F2Q17 earnings results." (3/16/2017)
- 3. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "We are initiating on Performance Food Group with a Sector Perform rating and $24 price target. While PFGC is gaining wholesale share, we expect those gains to slow. Deflation presented an opportunity for unsustainable gross margin expansion at PFGC. We believe others, who have shown a willingness to share in end-market pain, by allowing gross margins to contract, will have the best topline acceleration." (1/24/2017)
Who are some of Performance Food Group Company's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Performance Food Group Company include WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW), Booker Group Plc (BOK), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM), United Natural Foods (UNFI), Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO), Weis Markets (WMK), SuperValu (SVU), GNC Holdings (GNC), McColl's Retail Group PLC (MCLS), Boulder Brands (BDBD), Boulder Brands (SMBL), DAVIDsTEA (DTEA), Delhaize Group SA (DEG), Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD) and Safeway (SWY).
Who are Performance Food Group Company's key executives?
Performance Food Group Company's management team includes the folowing people:
- Douglas M. Steenland, Independent Chairman of the Board
- George L. Holm, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Thomas G. Ondrof, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Carol A. O'Connell, Chief Human Resource Officer, Senior Vice President
- David E. Flitman, Executive Vice President, President, Chief Executive Officer of Performance Foodservice
- James A. Hope Ph.D., Executive Vice President - Operations
- Terry A. West, Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
- A. Brent King, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Patrick T. Hagerty, Senior Vice President
- Craig Howard Hoskins, Senior Vice President
How do I buy Performance Food Group Company stock?
Shares of Performance Food Group Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Performance Food Group Company's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE PFGC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Performance Food Group Company and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Performance Food Group Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $28.25.
Consensus Ratings for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||6 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.45)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$29.00 (2.65% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Analysts' Ratings History for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/13/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$30.00 -> $33.00||High|
|9/13/2017||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Equal Weight||$27.00 -> $28.00||High|
|9/6/2017||Guggenheim||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$31.00 -> $33.00||High|
|8/17/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||High|
|8/15/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Set Price Target||Hold||$27.00||Medium|
|5/16/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Hold||High|
|5/15/2017||Loop Capital||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$35.00||High|
|5/12/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$28.00||Low|
|3/17/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$30.00 -> $29.00||High|
|11/8/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$27.00||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Pivotal Research||Lower Price Target||Hold||$25.00 -> $21.00||N/A|
|10/27/2015||BB&T Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$30.00 -> $30.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)Earnings History by Quarter for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE PFGC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/16/2017||Q4 2017||$0.50||$0.48||$4.46 billion||$4.43 billion||View||N/A|
|5/10/2017||Q3 17||$0.25||$0.27||$4.11 billion||$4.24 billion||View||N/A|
|2/8/2017||Q217||$0.28||$0.29||$4.08 billion||$4.10 billion||View||Listen|
|11/8/2016||Q117||$0.23||$0.20||$4.08 billion||$4.00 billion||View||Listen|
|8/17/2016||Q416||$0.39||$0.38||$398.00 million||$4.37 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2016||Q316||$0.15||$0.15||$3.91 billion||$3.91 billion||View||N/A|
|2/3/2016||Q216||$0.24||$0.26||$3.97 billion||$3.89 billion||View||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Q116||$0.19||$0.21||$3.70 billion||$3.90 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.44 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.68 EPS
Dividend History for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.70%Insider Trades by Quarter for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 78.71%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/18/2017||Wellspring Capital Partners Iv||Major Shareholder||Sell||5,000,000||$28.25||$141,250,000.00|| |
|8/25/2017||James D Hope||Insider||Buy||3,575||$26.99||$96,489.25|| |
|5/31/2017||George L Holm||Insider||Sell||102,200||$28.23||$2,885,106.00|| |
|5/22/2017||James D Hope||Insider||Buy||2,000||$27.85||$55,700.00|| |
|5/19/2017||Craig Howard Hoskins||Insider||Sell||7,600||$27.66||$210,216.00|| |
|5/18/2017||Holdings L.P. Blackstone III||Major Shareholder||Sell||13,700,465||$27.41||$375,529,745.65|| |
|5/17/2017||James D Hope||Insider||Buy||1,000||$27.60||$27,600.00|| |
|1/13/2017||Blackstone Capital Partners V||Major Shareholder||Sell||9,728,297||$22.67||$220,540,492.99|| |
|11/18/2016||James D Hope||Insider||Buy||9,600||$22.76||$218,496.00|| |
|11/11/2016||David E Flitman||Insider||Buy||46,700||$24.34||$1,136,678.00|| |
|5/27/2016||Blackstone Capital Partners V||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,751,094||$23.34||$40,870,533.96|| |
|5/24/2016||Holdings L.P. Blackstone III||Major Shareholder||Sell||11,673,956||$23.34||$272,470,133.04|| |
|10/6/2015||Wellspring Capital Partners Iv||Major Shareholder||Sell||444,265||$17.96||$7,978,999.40|| |
Headline Trends for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Latest Headlines for Performance Food Group Company (NYSE:PFGC)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Performance Food Group Company (PFGC) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017