PVH Corp. is an apparel company. The Company operates through three segments: Calvin Klein, which consists of the Calvin Klein North America and Calvin Klein International segments; Tommy Hilfiger, which consists of the Tommy Hilfiger North America and Tommy Hilfiger International segments, and Heritage Brands, which consists of the Heritage Brands Wholesale and Heritage Brands Retail segments. The Company's brand portfolio consists of various brand names, including Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warner's, Olga and Eagle, which are owned, and Speedo, Geoffrey Beene, Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction, Sean John, MICHAEL Michael Kors, Michael Kors Collection and Chaps, which are licensed, as well as various other licensed and private label brands. The Company designs and markets dress shirts, neckwear, sportswear, jeanswear, intimate apparel, swim products and handbags, footwear and other related products.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Textile - Apparel Clothing
- Sub-Industry: Apparel Accessories & Luxury Goods
- Symbol: NYSE:PVH
- CUSIP: 69365610
- Web: www.pvh.com
- Market Cap: $8.23 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 78,203,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $101.40
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $97.78
- 52 Week Range: $83.80 - $115.40
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 21.77
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.82
- P/E Growth: 2.08
- Annual Revenue: $8.2 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.00
- Book Value: $61.16 per share
- Price / Book: 1.72
- Annual Dividend: $0.15
- Dividend Yield: 0.2%
- EBIDTA: $1.08 billion
- Net Margins: 7.10%
- Return on Equity: 12.15%
- Return on Assets: 5.27%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.69%
- Current Ratio: 2.17%
- Quick Ratio: 1.25%
- Average Volume: 1.19 million shs.
- Beta: 0.67
- Short Ratio: 1.67
Frequently Asked Questions for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
What is PVH Corp's stock symbol?
PVH Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "PVH."
How often does PVH Corp pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for PVH Corp?
PVH Corp declared a quarterly dividend on Monday, May 1st. Investors of record on Thursday, May 18th will be given a dividend of $0.038 per share on Tuesday, June 20th. This represents a $0.15 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 0.14%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, May 16th. View PVH Corp's Dividend History.
How will PVH Corp's stock buyback program work?
PVH Corp declared that its board has approved a stock buyback program on Thursday, April 6th 2017, which permits the company to repurchase $750,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization permits the company to repurchase up to 10.4% of its shares through open market purchases. Shares repurchase programs are usually a sign that the company's board of directors believes its shares are undervalued.
How were PVH Corp's earnings last quarter?
PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH) announced its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, May, 24th. The company reported $1.65 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.60 by $0.05. The company had revenue of $1.99 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.96 billion. PVH Corp had a net margin of 7.10% and a return on equity of 12.15%. The business's revenue was up 3.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $1.50 EPS. View PVH Corp's Earnings History.
What guidance has PVH Corp issued on next quarter's earnings?
PVH Corp updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 24th. The company provided EPS guidance of $7.40-7.50 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $7.43. The company issued revenue guidance of +3% to ~$8.367 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $8.42 billion.
Where is PVH Corp's stock going? Where will PVH Corp's stock price be in 2017?
16 analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for PVH Corp's shares. Their predictions range from $100.00 to $128.00. On average, they anticipate PVH Corp's stock price to reach $119.73 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for PVH Corp.
What are analysts saying about PVH Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about PVH Corp stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "PVH Corp. has outperformed the broader industry year to date. The company has been doing well on the back of superb earnings history and brand strength. The company's diversified portfolio allows it to stay ahead of its peers, generate above-average industry growth and sustain its position in the current challenging environment. PVH’s approach to brand management facilitates each of its brands to develop further through efficient marketing strategies, financial control and operating leverage. Further, focus on higher-margin businesses through buyouts and divestments bode well. These factors helped the company to post its 11th consecutive earnings beat and second sales beat in fourth-quarter fiscal 2016. However, management expects currency woes, along with a volatile retail scenario to remain deterrents in fiscal 2017. First quarter estimates have been stable lately ahead of the earnings release." (5/22/2017)
- 2. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "Spring European order books are ~8% for Tommy Hilfiger and ~20% for Calvin Klein and Fall ~10% for TH and +25% for CK demonstrating the strong demand for the brand internationally. We like management's recent acquisition of True&Co to capitalize more on digital, data and personalization trends in retail. Raising price target to $118 from $108, 15x FY18E EPS and 9x EV/EBITDA" (3/23/2017)
- 3. Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "We reiterate our Overweight rating and $112 PT on PVH shares following a well executed FQ4 and stronger-than-expected FY18 guidance. Domestically, we believe management has done an admirable job outperforming (taking share) a choppy retail backdrop and we are encouraged tourism is showing signs of stabilizing. Having just returned from Europe, we believe CK & TH momentum remains robust leading us to believe backlogs for both brands in Europe are likely accelerating--particularly with Gigi as the face of TH. Significantly improved product, int'l mix-shift and clean inventories are driving material gross margin improvement. We see abating tourism headwinds and gross margin outperformance as sources of upside in FY18 which should keep the "beat & raise" narrative alive. We see continued upside in shares as ongoing execution helps close the multi-turn discount PVH currently trades at relative to peers." (3/23/2017)
- 4. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "When cheap apparel stocks report solid numbers, good things can happen ' as PVH strong holiday performance was a standout amidst a challenged environment in the US. While the consistent knock on PVH shares is that they are just another apparel vendor selling into US department stores, what many folks on the sidelines are missing is that PVH's international business: 1) is now larger than its domestic business (51% vs. 49%), 2) is growing 4x as fast as domestic (12% vs 3% LY) and 3) carries higher margins than domestic. Not surprisingly, international drove the top-line beat in Q4 (driven primarily by CK) and PVH was able to do what few other companies have been able to do this EPS season ' talk to a bullish outlook for their business (guided FY EPS above the Street at $7.30- $7.40 vs. Street's $7.26). Again, driving their bullish view is their business overseas ' where comps QTD are running +HSD and Fall order books once again accelerated for both brands (TH +10% and CK 25%+). It's not to say that PVH isn't at similar risks in the US that other brands are (retail comps in Q4 were weak and NA wholesale expectations are muted), it's more saying that the larger story here is being overlooked (while at the same time, PVH is outperforming others in the US). As a clear outlier in the manufacturer space today (most other brands are shrinking, missing plan and guiding down), the PVH story should continue to work and we'd expect a meaningful re-rating of shares accordingly (shares trading at just 12-13x). Raising FY17/FY18 EPS estimates to $7.38/$8.17 (previously $7.00/$8.06) and reiterating our valuation range of $125-$127 based on 15-16x our FY18 estimate of $8.17. We believe that for investors who want some exposure to our space, look no further." (3/23/2017)
Who are some of PVH Corp's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to PVH Corp include Hanesbrands (HBI), Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU), Gildan Activewear (GIL), Michael Kors Holdings Ltd (KORS), Ralph Lauren Corp (RL), Carter's (CRI), Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM), UniFirst Corp (UNF), Kate Spade & Co (KATE), G-III Apparel Group (GIII), Oxford Industries (OXM), Perry Ellis International (PERY), Sequential Brands Group (SQBG), Quiksilver (ZQK), Crown Crafts (CRWS), XCel Brands (XELB), Vince Holding Corp (VNCE) and Differential Brands Group (DFBG).
Who owns PVH Corp stock?
PVH Corp's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Vanguard Group Inc. (10.16%), BlackRock Inc. (6.51%), State Street Corp (4.70%), FMR LLC (4.35%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (4.10%) and Ameriprise Financial Inc. (3.44%). Company insiders that own PVH Corp stock include Craig W Rydin, Daniel Grieder, David F Kozel, Edward R Rosenfeld, Francis K Duane, Geraldine Penny Mcintyre, Mark D Fischer and Mary Baglivo. View Institutional Ownership Trends for PVH Corp.
Who sold PVH Corp stock? Who is selling PVH Corp stock?
PVH Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, FMR LLC, Morgan Stanley, Highbridge Capital Management LLC, Gotham Asset Management LLC, Omega Advisors Inc., Janus Capital Management LLC and Nationwide Fund Advisors. Company insiders that have sold PVH Corp stock in the last year include Daniel Grieder, David F Kozel, Francis K Duane, Mark D Fischer and Mary Baglivo. View Insider Buying and Selling for PVH Corp.
Who bought PVH Corp stock? Who is buying PVH Corp stock?
PVH Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Ameriprise Financial Inc., Credit Agricole S A, Bank of New York Mellon Corp, CIBC World Markets Inc., Cibc World Markets Corp, Impala Asset Management LLC and Renaissance Technologies LLC. Company insiders that have bought PVH Corp stock in the last two years include Edward R Rosenfeld and Geraldine Penny Mcintyre. View Insider Buying and Selling for PVH Corp.
How do I buy PVH Corp stock?
Shares of PVH Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of PVH Corp stock cost?
One share of PVH Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $105.29.
Earnings History for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)Earnings History by Quarter for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/24/2017||Q1 17||$1.60||$1.65||$1.96 billion||$1.99 billion||View||N/A|
|3/22/2017||Q4 2017||$1.19||$1.23||$2.09 billion||$2.11 billion||View||N/A|
|11/30/2016||Q316||$2.40||$2.60||$2.23 billion||$2.24 billion||View||Listen|
|8/24/2016||Q216||$1.29||$1.47||$1.94 billion||$1.93 billion||View||Listen|
|5/25/2016||Q116||$1.43||$1.50||$1.90 billion||$1.92 billion||View||Listen|
|3/23/2016||Q415||$1.46||$1.52||$2.07 billion||$2.10 billion||View||Listen|
|12/2/2015||Q315||$2.47||$2.66||$2.18 billion||$2.16 billion||View||Listen|
|8/26/2015||Q215||$1.29||$1.37||$1.82 billion||$1.77 billion||View||Listen|
|6/1/2015||Q115||$1.38||$1.50||$1.86 billion||$1.88 billion||View||Listen|
|3/25/2015||Q414||$1.73||$1.76||$2.10 billion||$2.07 billion||View||Listen|
|12/3/2014||Q314||$2.48||$2.56||$2.26 billion||$2.23 billion||View||Listen|
|9/3/2014||Q214||$1.42||$1.51||$1.99 billion||$1.98 billion||View||Listen|
|6/4/2014||Q114||$1.49||$1.47||$1.98 billion||$1.96 billion||View||Listen|
|3/25/2014||Q413||$1.42||$1.43||$2.07 billion||$1.95 billion||View||Listen|
|12/10/2013||Q3||$2.24||$2.30||$2.22 billion||$2.26 billion||View||Listen|
|9/9/2013||Q2 2013||$1.37||$1.39||$1.89 billion||$1.97 billion||View||Listen|
|6/12/2013||Q1 2013||$1.35||($0.25)||$1.91 billion||$1.91 billion||View||Listen|
|3/27/2013||Q4 2012||$1.50||$1.60||$1.60 billion||$1.64 billion||View||Listen|
|8/27/2012||Q212||$1.20||$1.25||$1.34 billion||$1.34 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $7.10
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||2.10% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
2.02% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
1.83% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 97.96%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/3/2017||Daniel Grieder||CEO||Sell||18,701||$103.43||$1,934,244.43|| |
|3/24/2017||Mark D. Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,000||$101.72||$101,720.00|| |
|10/12/2016||David F. Kozel||EVP||Sell||3,000||$111.96||$335,880.00|| |
|10/10/2016||Mark D. Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,000||$115.00||$115,000.00|| |
|10/5/2016||Francis K. Duane||CEO||Sell||25,405||$112.00||$2,845,360.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Mark D Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,000||$112.50||$112,500.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Mary Baglivo||Director||Sell||2,280||$110.26||$251,392.80|| |
|6/17/2016||Edward R. Rosenfeld||Director||Buy||1,000||$98.64||$98,640.00|| |
|6/15/2016||Geraldine Penny Mcintyre||Director||Buy||1,000||$97.47||$97,470.00|| |
|4/1/2016||Mary Baglivo||Director||Sell||2,560||$99.20||$253,952.00|| |
|7/2/2015||Mark D Fischer||EVP||Sell||2,290||$118.00||$270,220.00|| |
|6/4/2015||Francis K Duane||CEO||Sell||7,732||$116.58||$901,396.56|| |
|6/3/2015||Craig W Rydin||Director||Sell||10,000||$112.60||$1,126,000.00|| |
|12/31/2014||Mark D Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,100||$129.00||$141,900.00|| |
|12/23/2014||Mark D Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,000||$127.00||$127,000.00|| |
|12/19/2014||Rita M Rodriguez||Director||Sell||10,000||$123.58||$1,235,800.00|| |
|12/16/2014||Bruce Goldstein||SVP||Sell||4,500||$123.68||$556,560.00|| |
|12/12/2014||Mark D Fischer||EVP||Sell||3,318||$125.71||$417,105.78|| |
|9/19/2014||Steven B Shiffman||CEO||Sell||9,000||$127.65||$1,148,850.00|| |
|9/11/2014||Rita M Rodriguez||Director||Sell||3,950||$126.45||$499,477.50|| |
|9/5/2014||Bruce Goldstein||SVP||Sell||10,600||$127.86||$1,355,316.00|| |
|9/5/2014||Francis K Duane||CEO||Sell||15,000||$128.06||$1,920,900.00|| |
|9/5/2014||Rita M Rodriguez||Director||Sell||2,498||$128.46||$320,893.08|| |
|6/9/2014||Bruce Maggin||Director||Sell||5,000||$121.93||$609,650.00|| |
|4/14/2014||Paul Thomas Murry||CEO||Sell||12,277||$122.39||$1,502,582.03|| |
|4/9/2014||Daniel Grieder||CEO||Sell||11,250||$123.53||$1,389,712.50|| |
|1/2/2014||Bruce Goldstein||SVP||Sell||4,037||$136.00||$549,032.00|| |
|1/2/2014||Mark Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,125||$136.50||$153,562.50|| |
|12/23/2013||Daniel Grieder||CEO||Sell||8,010||$133.27||$1,067,492.70|| |
|12/18/2013||Michael Shaffer||CFO||Sell||20,000||$130.52||$2,610,400.00|| |
|12/17/2013||Bruce Maggin||Director||Sell||5,000||$131.14||$655,700.00|| |
|12/12/2013||Emanuel Chirico||CEO||Sell||500,000||$128.62||$64,310,000.00|| |
|10/18/2013||Fred Gehring||CEO||Sell||81,799||$121.44||$9,933,670.56|| |
|10/18/2013||Ludovicus Rudolph Onnink||COO||Sell||16,487||$121.44||$2,002,181.28|| |
|8/6/2013||Fred Gehring||CEO||Sell||40,902||$133.04||$5,441,602.08|| |
|8/6/2013||Ludovicus Rudolph Onnink||COO||Sell||8,242||$133.04||$1,096,515.68|| |
|7/2/2013||Fred Gehring||CEO||Sell||40,902||$126.90||$5,190,463.80|| |
|7/2/2013||Ludovicus Rudolph Onnink||COO||Sell||8,242||$126.90||$1,045,909.80|| |
|7/1/2013||Mark D Fischer||EVP||Sell||1,054||$127.00||$133,858.00|| |
|6/28/2013||Margaret Jenkins||Director||Sell||3,300||$126.26||$416,658.00|| |
|6/27/2013||Bruce Goldstein||SVP||Sell||9,313||$124.32||$1,157,792.16|| |
|6/27/2013||Helen Mccluskey||Director||Sell||34,459||$124.82||$4,301,172.38|| |
|6/24/2013||Emanuel Chirico||CEO||Sell||47,296||$119.85||$5,668,425.60|| |
|6/24/2013||Michael A Shaffer||CFO||Sell||19,000||$120.27||$2,285,130.00|| |
|6/18/2013||Fred Gehring||CEO||Sell||40,902||$125.13||$5,118,067.26|| |
|6/18/2013||Ludovicus Rudolph Onnink||COO||Sell||8,242||$125.05||$1,030,662.10|| |
|6/14/2013||Francis K Duane||CEO||Sell||35,875||$121.77||$4,368,498.75|| |
|6/14/2013||Helen Mccluskey||Director||Sell||15,000||$123.57||$1,853,550.00|| |
|6/14/2013||Michael A Shaffer||CFO||Sell||13,325||$121.60||$1,620,320.00|| |
|6/14/2013||Paul Thomas Murry||Insider||Sell||21,019||$122.00||$2,564,318.00|| |
|6/4/2013||Fred Gehring||CEO||Sell||81,808||$113.12||$9,254,120.96|| |
|6/4/2013||Ludovicus Rudolph Onnink||COO||Sell||16,486||$113.12||$1,864,896.32|| |
|9/5/2012||Fred Gehring||CEO||Sell||43,824||$93.15||$4,082,205.60|| |
|9/5/2012||Ludovicus Rudolph Onnink||COO||Sell||8,832||$93.15||$822,700.80|| |
Headline Trends for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
Latest Headlines for PVH Corp (NYSE:PVH)
PVH Corp (PVH) Chart for Saturday, May, 27, 2017