Sprint Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides various wireless and wireline communications products and services to consumers, businesses, government subscribers, and resellers in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The company operates in two segments, Wireless and Wireline. The Wireless segment offers wireless data communication services, including mobile productivity applications, such as Internet access, messaging, and email services; wireless photo and video offerings; location-based capabilities comprising asset and fleet management, dispatch services, and navigation tools; and mobile entertainment applications. It also provides wireless voice communications services that include local and long-distance wireless voice services, as well as voicemail, call waiting, three-way calling, caller identification, directory assistance, and call forwarding services. In addition, this segment offers voice and data services internationally through roaming arrangements; and customized wireless services to large companies and government agencies, as well as sells wireless devices, broadband devices, connected devices, and accessories to agents and other third-party distributors. The Wireline segment provides wireline voice and data communications, including domestic and international data communications using various protocols, such as multiprotocol label switching technologies, Internet protocol (IP), managed network services, Voice over IP, session initiated protocol, and traditional voice services to other communications companies, and targeted business subscribers. Sprint Corporation offers its services under the Sprint, Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, and Assurance Wireless brands. It offers products through its 300 branded retail locations in the Southern California region. The company was founded in 1899 and is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. Sprint Corporation is a subsidiary of SoftBank Group Corp.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Telephone communication, except radio
Sub-IndustryWireless Telecommunication Services
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio137.25
Forward P/E RatioN/A
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$32.41 billion
Price / Sales0.68
Cash Flow$3.9496 per share
Price / Cash1.39
Book Value$6.60 per share
Price / Book0.83
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)N/A
Net Income$7.39 billion
Return on Equity0.69%
Return on Assets0.19%
Sprint (NYSE:S) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sprint's stock symbol?
Sprint trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "S."
How were Sprint's earnings last quarter?
Sprint Corp (NYSE:S) released its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The cell phone carrier reported $0.02 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.07) by $0.09. The cell phone carrier had revenue of $8.08 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $7.99 billion. Sprint had a net margin of 22.80% and a return on equity of 0.69%. The firm's revenue was down 5.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the business earned ($0.07) EPS. View Sprint's Earnings History.
When is Sprint's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for S?
22 brokers have issued 12 month price objectives for Sprint's stock. Their predictions range from $3.00 to $8.00. On average, they anticipate Sprint's share price to reach $5.7813 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Sprint.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Sprint stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sprint stock:
- 1. Macquarie analysts commented, "We model FY3Q/17 postpaid phone net adds, churn, and ARPU of 308k/725k, 1.63%/1.57%, and US$45.72/US$46.12. Soft iPhone 8 demand was likely the catalyst for its latest round of promos which could be enhanced by the holiday season/iPhone X. Prepaid momentum is ongoing with 95k net adds, a 544k improvement YoY. The Boost brand is strong, with promos like five lines for US$100/mo, while efforts to refresh Virgin’s offers continue. Prepaid ARPU grew despite Boost’s new taxes/fees inclusive plans; we model FY3Q/17 prepaid ARPU of US$37.27/US$37.89, reflecting expectations that this promo will dilute ARPU sequentially in FY3Q. 3Q Adj. EBITDA was US$2.7bn as management focused on cost controls with US$750m+ in savings from EIP mix, labor, backhaul, and wireline expenses." (10/26/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sprint is on track with its network modernization and integration efforts, to fortify its position in the wireless industry. Sprint’s prepaid subsidiary has extended its unlimited offerings to its existing iPhone owners and has also inked deal with Apple to relaunch itself as an exclusive iPhone carrier. Sprint also offers attractive unlimited data plans to lure customers from rivals. We believe these efforts have driven the huge wireless subscribers. Sprint unveiled its Sprint MultiLine solution which allows businesses to add a company-owned number to their employees' personal phones for better businesses. For full-year 2017, Sprint has raised its outlook. Over the past three months, the stock price underperformed its industry. However, high cash burn from promotional offers and discounts, debt-laden balance sheet and decreasing cash flow have led to losses for Sprint. Further, Sprint operates in a highly competitive wireless market." (10/18/2017)
Are investors shorting Sprint?
Sprint saw a decline in short interest in May. As of May 31st, there was short interest totalling 141,971,430 shares, a decline of 6.1% from the May 15th total of 151,212,275 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 11,393,934 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 12.5 days. Approximately 24.4% of the company's stock are sold short.
Who are some of Sprint's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sprint include SOFTBANK Corp/ADR (SFTBY), America Movil SAB de CV ADR Series L (AMX), Orange (ORAN), Telefonica (TEF), Singapore Telecommunications (SGAPY), China Telecom (CHA), BCE (BCE), Vivendi (VIVHY), Telenor (TELNY), BT Group (BT), Telekomnks Indn Prsr Tbk Prshn Prsrn (TLK), Telstra (TLSYY), Swisscom (SCMWY), TELIA Co A B/ADR (TLSNY) and Telefonica Brasil (VIV).
Who are Sprint's key executives?
Sprint's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Raul Marcelo Claure, CEO & Director (Age 48)
- Mr. Nestor Cano Soler, Chief Operating Officer (Age 54)
- Mr. Brandon Draper, Chief Commercial Officer (Age 48)
- Admiral Michael Glenn Mullen, Security Director (Age 71)
- Mr. Michel Combes, Pres, CFO & Director (Age 56)
Has Sprint been receiving favorable news coverage?
Headlines about S stock have trended positive on Sunday, according to Accern. Accern identifies negative and positive news coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Sprint earned a media sentiment score of 0.45 on Accern's scale. They also gave press coverage about the cell phone carrier an impact score of 43.64 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Sprint's major shareholders?
Sprint's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (0.97%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.17%), Scout Investments Inc. (0.15%), Northern Trust Corp (0.14%), SG Americas Securities LLC (0.12%) and Legal & General Group Plc (0.10%). Company insiders that own Sprint stock include Dow Draper, Group Corp Softbank, John Saw, Jorge Enrique Gracia, Paul W Schieber Jr, Paul W Schieber, Jr, Roger Sole-Rafols and Tarek Robbiati. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Sprint.
Which major investors are selling Sprint stock?
S stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Millennium Management LLC, Element Capital Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Swiss National Bank, Daiwa Securities Group Inc., Sei Investments Co. and Hsbc Holdings PLC. Company insiders that have sold Sprint company stock in the last year include Dow Draper, John Saw, Jorge Enrique Gracia, Paul W Schieber Jr and Tarek Robbiati. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sprint.
Which major investors are buying Sprint stock?
S stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including SG Americas Securities LLC, Carillon Tower Advisers Inc., Scout Investments Inc., Fisher Asset Management LLC, Personal Capital Advisors Corp, Caisse DE Depot ET Placement DU Quebec, Guggenheim Capital LLC and Legal & General Group Plc. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sprint.
How do I buy shares of Sprint?
Shares of S can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sprint's stock price today?
One share of S stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.49.
How big of a company is Sprint?
Sprint has a market capitalization of $21.98 billion and generates $32.41 billion in revenue each year. Sprint employs 30,000 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Sprint?
Sprint's mailing address is 6200 SPRINT PARKWAY, OVERLAND PARK KS, 66251. The cell phone carrier can be reached via phone at 855-848-3280 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sprint (S)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sprint and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe S will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe S will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.