About Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
Sanchez Energy Corporation is an independent exploration and production company. The Company is focused on the acquisition and development of the United States onshore unconventional oil and natural gas resources. The Company primarily focuses on the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas. The Company also holds an undeveloped acreage position in the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale (TMS) in Mississippi and Louisiana. As of December 31, 2016, it had assembled approximately 278,000 net leasehold acres in the Eagle Ford Shale. As of December 31, 2016, it had 473 net wells in the Eagle Ford Shale area. In its Catarina area, the Company had approximately 106,000 net acres in Dimmit, LaSalle and Webb Counties, Texas, at December 31, 2016. In its Maverick area, it had approximately 100,000 net acres in Dimmit, Frio, LaSalle, Zavala and McMullen Counties, Texas, at December 31, 2016. In its Javelina area, it had approximately 39,500 net acres in LaSalle and Webb Counties, Texas, at December 31, 2016.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration and Production
- Sub-Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- Symbol: NYSE:SN
- CUSIP: 79970Y10
- Web: www.sanchezenergycorp.com
- Market Cap: $293.55 million
- Outstanding Shares: 76,644,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.51
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $6.06
- 52 Week Range: $3.70 - $14.39
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.34
- P/E Growth: -0.04
- Annual Revenue: $550.09 million
- Price / Sales: 0.53
- Book Value: ($5.84) per share
- Price / Book: -0.66
- EBITDA: $297.41 million
- Net Margins: 7.65%
- Return on Assets: -3.28%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: -4.23%
- Current Ratio: 1.00%
- Quick Ratio: 1.00%
- Average Volume: 2.88 million shs.
- Beta: 1.72
- Short Ratio: 7.98
Frequently Asked Questions for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
What is Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock symbol?
Sanchez Energy Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SN."
How were Sanchez Energy Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN) issued its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 9th. The company reported ($0.30) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.12) by $0.18. The company had revenue of $175.70 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $178.97 million. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 58.3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned ($3.20) earnings per share. View Sanchez Energy Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Sanchez Energy Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock going? Where will Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
14 equities research analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Sanchez Energy Corporation's shares. Their forecasts range from $4.50 to $22.00. On average, they expect Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock price to reach $10.92 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Sanchez Energy Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sanchez Energy Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sanchez Energy Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration and development company focused on the exploration, acquisition and development of unconventional oil and natural gas resources, primarily in the Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas. Sanchez Energy Corporation is headquartered in Houston, Texas. " (10/21/2017)
- 2. KLR Group analysts commented, "We are increasing our target price $1 to $18 per share due slightly higher price realizations. As a consequence of a lower margin production composition, Sanchez's mid-cycle capital yield is 120%-125% versus the industry median cash recycle ratio of ~140%. Our '17 production expectation of ~78 Mboepd is at the low end of company guidance (78-82 Mboepd)." (2/23/2017)
- 3. BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "Rate of change stories are not in short supply these days, transformations that appear rooted in pumping more sand down holes to increase recoveries. Combine this with a cost curve still shifted to the benefit of the producers, and you have the potential for strengthening fundamentals, with duration being the biggest unknown. That's how we frame today's SN story in the wake of recent acquisitions, moves that helped re-rate the shares in a hurry. Again, duration being the biggest unknown. New numbers and thoughts contained within." (2/6/2017)
- 4. Seaport Global Securities analysts commented, "Following the addition of 110K net Eagle Ford acres via organic leasing (65K of which are located in the company's oily Maverick area), and after updating for the Comanche acquisition, we are upgrading our rating on SN to Buy (from Neutral) given the company's significant depth of high quality inventory (drives our NAV-based price target to $17/share from $9 previously), improved production growth outlook (we now see a debt-adjusted CAGR of 24% through 2020 vs. 19% previously), and relatively cheap valuation (2018 projected EV/EBITDA of 5.4x vs. Eagle Ford peers at >6.5x). The largest driver on the NAV side was the increased inventory at Maverick, where our NAV estimate of the asset increased to $624MM ($9.40/share) from $222MM previously ($3.34/share); additionally, we are valuing the Comanche Areas 3 and 5 properties at $1,137MM ($17.12/share), which is essentially what the company paid for the assets (implies SN got PDP of ~33.5 Mboepd for free). Also of note, we are modeling a slightly more aggressive ramp in rig activity vs. the plan the company laid out yesterday, including a second rig at Maverick in 2018 and a third in 2019 ' this sets up growth of 29% in 2018 and 18% in 2019, which is in line with management's commentary of an organic growth CAGR of >15% assuming free cash flow is reinvested in the drillbit. And even on our more aggressive rig assumptions and more punitive price deck ($60 oil in 2017 decreases to $50 by 2H:18), we still see leverage falling to 3.1x by YE18 from 4.0x at YE16. We've updated our estimates to reflect the Comanche acquisition, Q4 preannouncement, and Analyst Day update (including organic leasing efforts, updated type-curves and 2017/2018 guidance)." (1/24/2017)
- 5. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We are raising our price target on shares of Sanchez Energy to $16 (from $12) following accretive asset and acreage acquisitions in the western Eagle Ford Shale, additional details of which were provided at the company's analyst day yesterday. In addition to its $2.3 billion acquisition from APC (refer to our prior note: "Going Big: Eagle Ford Acquisition a Game Changer"), SN announced another 110,000 net acres in the west. The combined effort takes its position in the play to approximately 335,000 net acres'good for No. 3 among Eagle Ford operators'and over 4,000 net drilling locations. We believe that SN's strategic focus on the stacked pay potential in the western portion of the play should continue to drive outperformance." (1/24/2017)
Are investors shorting Sanchez Energy Corporation?
Sanchez Energy Corporation saw a drop in short interest in September. As of September 29th, there was short interest totalling 19,861,501 shares, a drop of 21.7% from the September 15th total of 25,363,666 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 3,453,940 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 5.8 days. Currently, 27.6% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who are some of Sanchez Energy Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sanchez Energy Corporation include Eclipse Resources Corporation (ECR), Baytex Energy Corp (BTE), Pengrowth Energy Corporation (PGH), Ophir Energy Plc (OPHR), Denbury Resources (DNR), California Resources Corporation (CRC), W&T Offshore (WTI), Sound Energy PLC (SOU), SOCO International plc (SIA), Hurricane Energy PLC (HUR), San Juan Basin Royalty Trust (SJT), Faroe Petroleum plc (FPM), Bill Barrett Corporation (BBG), Premier Oil PLC (PMO), Genel Energy PLC (GENL), Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (AXAS), Enquest Plc (ENQ) and Energy XXI Gulf Coast (EXXI).
Who are Sanchez Energy Corporation's key executives?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Antonio R. Sanchez Jr., Executive Chairman of the Board
- Eduardo Augusto Sanchez, President
- Antonio R. Sanchez III, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Howard J. Thill Sr., Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Christopher D. Heinson, Chief Operating Officer, Senior Vice President
- Patricio D. Sanchez, Executive Vice President
- Kirsten A. Hink, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
- Gregory Brian Kopel, Senior Vice President, General Counsel
- T. Brian Carney, Independent Director
- M. Gregory Colvin, Independent Director
Who owns Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Sanders Morris Harris LLC (0.53%) and Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.04%). Company insiders that own Sanchez Energy Corporation stock include Alan G Jackson, Antonio R Sanchez III, Antonio R Sanchez Jr, Christopher Heinson, Eduardo Augusto Sanchez, Garrick A Hill, Gilbert A Garcia, Greg Colvin, Gregory B Kopel, Howard J Sr Thill Sr, Kirsten A Hink, Patricio D Sanchez and Thomas Brian Carney. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Sanchez Energy Corporation.
Who sold Sanchez Energy Corporation stock? Who is selling Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Nationwide Fund Advisors. Company insiders that have sold Sanchez Energy Corporation stock in the last year include Antonio R Sanchez III, Antonio R Sanchez Jr, Christopher Heinson, Eduardo Augusto Sanchez, Gregory B Kopel, Howard J Sr Thill Sr, Kirsten A Hink and Thomas Brian Carney. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sanchez Energy Corporation.
Who bought Sanchez Energy Corporation stock? Who is buying Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sanders Morris Harris LLC. Company insiders that have bought Sanchez Energy Corporation stock in the last two years include Alan G Jackson, Antonio R Sanchez III, Eduardo Augusto Sanchez, Greg Colvin and Patricio D Sanchez. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sanchez Energy Corporation.
How do I buy Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Shares of Sanchez Energy Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE SN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sanchez Energy Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Sanchez Energy Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $3.83.
Consensus Ratings for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 7 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.36)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$10.92 (185.03% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
Analysts' Ratings History for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/22/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$6.00||N/A|
|10/20/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$5.00||N/A|
|10/10/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$5.00||N/A|
|10/5/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Set Price Target||Hold||$5.00||N/A|
|10/4/2017||Seaport Global Securities||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||$4.50||Medium|
|9/15/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||High|
|7/26/2017||Capital One Financial Corporation||Downgrade||Equal Weight -> Underweight||High|
|7/20/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$10.00||High|
|5/17/2017||KLR Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$12.00 -> $10.00||Medium|
|3/31/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$11.00||Medium|
|3/15/2017||FBR & Co||Lower Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$18.00 -> $15.00||Medium|
|2/6/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.50||N/A|
|1/18/2017||Northland Securities||Outperform||$11.00 -> $20.00||N/A|
|1/18/2017||National Securities||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$11.00 -> $22.00||N/A|
|4/27/2016||Iberia Capital||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$11.00||N/A|
|4/25/2016||Simmons||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$5.00 -> $7.00||N/A|
|3/30/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Neutral||$4.00 -> $5.00||N/A|
|2/3/2016||GMP Securities||Initiated Coverage||Hold||$4.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)Earnings History by Quarter for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE SN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/9/2017||Q2 2017||($0.12)||($0.30)||$178.97 million||$175.70 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||($0.21)||($1.05)||$128.68 million||$133.80 million||View||Listen|
|2/22/2017||Q416||$0.10||$0.16||$139.07 million||$126.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.03||($1.19)||$133.94 million||$114.81 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||($0.09)||($3.20)||$121.61 million||$111.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2016||Q116||($0.12)||($1.20)||$127.24 million||$79.82 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2016||Q415||($0.70)||$0.04||$140.75 million||$109.53 million||View||Listen|
|11/9/2015||Q315||($0.60)||($0.49)||$148.34 million||$154.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/10/2015||Q215||($0.94)||($0.43)||$154.52 million||$141.13 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2015||Q114||($0.55)||($0.97)||$138.10 million||$110.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2015||Q4||($0.11)||($0.19)||$189.83 million||$172.50 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2014||Q313||$0.20||$0.23||$208.30 million||$207.35 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2014||Q213||$0.26||$0.23||$145.56 million||$151.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2014||Q113||$0.24||$0.19||$129.26 million||$134.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/5/2014||Q412||$0.28||$0.27||$61.98 million||$130.10 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q312||$0.32||$0.36||$87.48 million||$94.20 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2013||Q2 2013||$0.28||$0.17||$61.98 million||$59.08 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2013||Q1 2013||$0.16||$0.13||$30.32 million||$30.80 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.02
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.19
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 14.70%Insider Trades by Quarter for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 70.09%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/12/2017||Howard J Sr Thill Sr||VP||Sell||16,499||$4.27||$70,450.73|| |
|9/15/2017||Patricio D Sanchez||Insider||Buy||320,000||$4.55||$1,456,000.00|| |
|9/14/2017||Eduardo Augusto Sanchez||President||Buy||100,000||$4.77||$477,000.00|| |
|9/14/2017||Patricio D Sanchez||EVP||Buy||222,000||$4.51||$1,001,220.00|| |
|9/13/2017||Antonio R Sanchez III||CEO||Buy||100,000||$4.45||$445,000.00|| |
|8/3/2017||Kirsten A Hink||VP||Sell||38,634||$5.02||$193,942.68|| |
|8/2/2017||Kirsten A Hink||CAO||Sell||36,088||$5.04||$181,883.52|| |
|6/2/2017||Thomas Brian Carney||Director||Sell||10,204||$6.19||$63,162.76|| |
|5/19/2017||Greg Colvin||Director||Buy||20,000||$6.75||$135,000.00|| |
|5/16/2017||Greg Colvin||Director||Buy||18,704||$6.71||$125,503.84|| |
|5/9/2017||Christopher Heinson||VP||Sell||22,730||$7.68||$174,566.40|| |
|4/18/2017||Christopher Heinson||COO||Sell||35,170||$8.31||$292,262.70|| |
|4/18/2017||Kirsten A Hink||CAO||Sell||4,129||$8.31||$34,311.99|| |
|1/9/2017||Antonio R Sanchez III||CEO||Sell||52,216||$8.70||$454,279.20|| |
|1/9/2017||Antonio R Sanchez Jr||Chairman||Sell||82,573||$8.70||$718,385.10|| |
|1/9/2017||Christopher Heinson||COO||Sell||22,912||$8.70||$199,334.40|| |
|1/9/2017||Eduardo Augusto Sanchez||President||Sell||37,037||$8.70||$322,221.90|| |
|1/9/2017||Kirsten A Hink||SVP||Sell||8,481||$8.70||$73,784.70|| |
|1/5/2017||Gregory B Kopel||VP||Sell||7,522||$9.38||$70,556.36|| |
|7/5/2016||Garrick A Hill||CFO||Sell||977||$6.77||$6,614.29|| |
|6/3/2016||Gilbert A Garcia||Director||Sell||7,936||$8.05||$63,884.80|| |
|5/11/2016||Christopher Heinson||COO||Sell||14,264||$8.12||$115,823.68|| |
|4/4/2016||Christopher Heinson||COO||Sell||1,377||$5.04||$6,940.08|| |
|3/7/2016||Christopher Heinson||COO||Sell||5,366||$5.07||$27,205.62|| |
|11/19/2015||Alan G Jackson||Director||Buy||10,000||$5.09||$50,900.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Gilbert A Garcia||Director||Sell||4,300||$10.11||$43,473.00|| |
|6/2/2015||Greg Colvin||Director||Sell||4,300||$10.25||$44,075.00|| |
|6/2/2015||Kirsten A Hink||CAO||Sell||9,630||$10.26||$98,803.80|| |
|12/15/2014||Alan G Jackson||Director||Buy||10,000||$6.88||$68,800.00|| |
|12/12/2014||Sean M Maher||Director||Buy||5,000||$7.17||$35,850.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Antonio R Sanchez III||CEO||Sell||425,000||$35.25||$14,981,250.00|| |
|6/18/2014||Antonio R Sanchez Jr||Major Shareholder||Sell||700,000||$35.25||$24,675,000.00|| |
|5/27/2014||Kirsten A Hink||VP||Sell||1,104||$31.74||$35,040.96|| |
|2/5/2014||Kirsten Hink||VP||Sell||1,105||$27.64||$30,542.20|| |
|1/9/2014||Kirsten Hink||VP||Sell||3,414||$24.44||$83,438.16|| |
|1/9/2014||Michael Long||CFO||Sell||7,754||$24.37||$188,964.98|| |
|1/6/2014||Gilbert Garcia||Director||Buy||1,000||$24.44||$24,440.00|| |
|10/3/2013||Kirsten A Hink||VP||Sell||1,273||$26.51||$33,747.23|| |
|8/16/2013||Gilbert Garcia||Director||Buy||2,000||$21.96||$43,920.00|| |
|8/14/2013||Alan Jackson||Director||Buy||2,600||$21.92||$56,992.00|| |
|6/18/2013||Gilbert A Garcia||Director||Buy||2,000||$23.13||$46,260.00|| |
|6/18/2013||Kirsten A Hink||VP||Sell||1,010||$23.06||$23,290.60|| |
|3/25/2013||Gilbert A Garcia||Director||Buy||2,000||$19.28||$38,560.00|| |
Headline Trends for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
Latest Headlines for Sanchez Energy Corporation (NYSE:SN)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Sanchez Energy Corporation (SN) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017