What is Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock symbol?
Sanchez Energy Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SN."
Where is Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock going? Where will Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
15 brokers have issued twelve-month price targets for Sanchez Energy Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $5.00 to $22.00. On average, they expect Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock price to reach $14.75 in the next year.
When will Sanchez Energy Corporation announce their earnings?
Sanchez Energy Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 8th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sanchez Energy Corporation stock:
- KLR Group analysts commented, "We are increasing our target price $1 to $18 per share due slightly higher price realizations. As a consequence of a lower margin production composition, Sanchez's mid-cycle capital yield is 120%-125% versus the industry median cash recycle ratio of ~140%. Our '17 production expectation of ~78 Mboepd is at the low end of company guidance (78-82 Mboepd)." (2/23/2017)
- BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "Rate of change stories are not in short supply these days, transformations that appear rooted in pumping more sand down holes to increase recoveries. Combine this with a cost curve still shifted to the benefit of the producers, and you have the potential for strengthening fundamentals, with duration being the biggest unknown. That's how we frame today's SN story in the wake of recent acquisitions, moves that helped re-rate the shares in a hurry. Again, duration being the biggest unknown. New numbers and thoughts contained within." (2/6/2017)
- Seaport Global Securities analysts commented, "Following the addition of 110K net Eagle Ford acres via organic leasing (65K of which are located in the company's oily Maverick area), and after updating for the Comanche acquisition, we are upgrading our rating on SN to Buy (from Neutral) given the company's significant depth of high quality inventory (drives our NAV-based price target to $17/share from $9 previously), improved production growth outlook (we now see a debt-adjusted CAGR of 24% through 2020 vs. 19% previously), and relatively cheap valuation (2018 projected EV/EBITDA of 5.4x vs. Eagle Ford peers at >6.5x). The largest driver on the NAV side was the increased inventory at Maverick, where our NAV estimate of the asset increased to $624MM ($9.40/share) from $222MM previously ($3.34/share); additionally, we are valuing the Comanche Areas 3 and 5 properties at $1,137MM ($17.12/share), which is essentially what the company paid for the assets (implies SN got PDP of ~33.5 Mboepd for free). Also of note, we are modeling a slightly more aggressive ramp in rig activity vs. the plan the company laid out yesterday, including a second rig at Maverick in 2018 and a third in 2019 ' this sets up growth of 29% in 2018 and 18% in 2019, which is in line with management's commentary of an organic growth CAGR of >15% assuming free cash flow is reinvested in the drillbit. And even on our more aggressive rig assumptions and more punitive price deck ($60 oil in 2017 decreases to $50 by 2H:18), we still see leverage falling to 3.1x by YE18 from 4.0x at YE16. We've updated our estimates to reflect the Comanche acquisition, Q4 preannouncement, and Analyst Day update (including organic leasing efforts, updated type-curves and 2017/2018 guidance)." (1/24/2017)
- FBR & Co analysts commented, "We are raising our price target on shares of Sanchez Energy to $16 (from $12) following accretive asset and acreage acquisitions in the western Eagle Ford Shale, additional details of which were provided at the company's analyst day yesterday. In addition to its $2.3 billion acquisition from APC (refer to our prior note: "Going Big: Eagle Ford Acquisition a Game Changer"), SN announced another 110,000 net acres in the west. The combined effort takes its position in the play to approximately 335,000 net acres'good for No. 3 among Eagle Ford operators'and over 4,000 net drilling locations. We believe that SN's strategic focus on the stacked pay potential in the western portion of the play should continue to drive outperformance." (1/24/2017)
National Securities analysts commented, "What Happened:
• Sanchez Energy expands its footprint in the Eagle Ford Shale, acquiring 133,000 (77,500 net) acres, along with 67,000 barrels per day (33,500 net) of existing production from Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC; NC)
• The transaction ($2.3 million), in partnership with Blackstone Energy Partners, will be financed via cash on hand and a non-recourse unrestricted subsidiary. As such, Sanchez announced that the acquisition will be non-dilutive, and ultimately de-leveraging.
• We expect the transaction to close in 1Q17, with incremental production being realized in 2Q17.
• Consequently, we are adjusting our model to account for the expected increases in production, revenue, and EBITDA. Moreover, we are raising our price target to $22 from $11, and would encourage investors to initiate long positions at current prices.
• We see this as a significant and potentially transformative transaction for Sanchez, which also adds an additional 150 million net barrels of reserves to the company. Moreover, along with the 33,500 net barrels of incremental production, the acquisition brings with it 132 drilled but uncompleted (DUC) locations, providing the company with an additional avenue for production growth.
• We look favorably on the cost of the acquisition. To that end, if viewing the transaction only through the lens of cost per flowing bbl (daily production), Sanchez acquired the asset for approximately $34,000 per flowing barrel (well within our comfort zone). Ultimately, the aforementioned inclusion of reserves and acreage only strengthens the company’s purchase, in our view.
• Additionally, the timing of the transaction occurs as the outlook for oil prices has improved. Specifically, we note average 12 month strip pricing of $47.78 per barrel as of our 3Q16 earnings note. Since that time, average 12 month strip prices have increased 15% to $55.02 per bbl.
Who owns Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (5.67%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (2.88%), Allianz Asset Management AG (2.07%), GRT Capital Partners L.L.C. (1.97%), Bogle Investment Management L P DE (0.98%) and Century Capital Management LLC (0.71%). Company insiders that own Sanchez Energy Corporation stock include Alan G Jackson, Antonio R Sanchez III, Antonio R Sanchez Jr, Christopher Heinson, Eduardo Augusto Sanchez, Garrick A Hill, Gilbert A Garcia, Greg Colvin, Gregory B Kopel and Kirsten A Hink.
Who sold Sanchez Energy Corporation stock? Who is selling Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG, Numeric Investors LLC, GRT Capital Partners L.L.C. and Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. NY. Company insiders that have sold Sanchez Energy Corporation stock in the last year include Antonio R Sanchez III, Antonio R Sanchez Jr, Christopher Heinson, Eduardo Augusto Sanchez, Garrick A Hill, Gilbert A Garcia, Gregory B Kopel and Kirsten A Hink.
Who bought Sanchez Energy Corporation stock? Who is buying Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Sanchez Energy Corporation's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bogle Investment Management L P DE, Cpcm LLC, A.R.T. Advisors LLC, Century Capital Management LLC, State Street Corp, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Oxford Asset Management and Trexquant Investment LP.
How do I buy Sanchez Energy Corporation stock?
Shares of Sanchez Energy Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Sanchez Energy Corporation stock cost?
One share of Sanchez Energy Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.31.