Sunoco LP is engaged in the retail sale of motor fuels and merchandise through its Company-operated convenience stores and retail fuel sites, as well as the wholesale distribution of motor fuels to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors. The Company operates through two segments: wholesale and retail. The Wholesale segment sells motor fuel to its retail segment and external customers. The Retail segment operates convenience stores selling a range of merchandise, food items, services and motor fuel. As of December 31, 2016, the Company operated approximately 1,345 convenience stores and fuel outlets in over 20 states, offering merchandise, food service, motor fuel and other services.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Petroleum Product Wholesale
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:SUN
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.sunocolp.com
- Market Cap: $3.16311 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 99,468,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $30.41
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $28.53
- 52 Week Range: $21.01 - $31.94
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.85
- P/E Growth: 33.46
- Annual Revenue: $16.88 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.19
- Book Value: $21.41 per share
- Price / Book: 1.47
- Annual Dividend: $3.30
- Dividend Yield: 10.4%
- EBIDTA: $722 million
- Net Margins: -2.77%
- Return on Equity: 7.81%
- Return on Assets: 2.24%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 2.02%
- Current Ratio: 1.30%
- Quick Ratio: 0.75%
- Average Volume: 414,210 shs.
- Beta: 0.56
- Short Ratio: 12.22
Frequently Asked Questions for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
What is Sunoco LP's stock symbol?
Sunoco LP trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SUN."
How often does Sunoco LP pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Sunoco LP?
Sunoco LP announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, July 26th. Shareholders of record on Monday, August 7th will be paid a dividend of $0.8255 per share on Tuesday, August 15th. This represents a $3.30 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 10.50%. View Sunoco LP's Dividend History.
How were Sunoco LP's earnings last quarter?
Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 5th. The company reported $0.47 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.58 by $0.11. The firm earned $3.20 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $3.83 billion. Sunoco LP had a negative net margin of 2.77% and a positive return on equity of 7.81%. View Sunoco LP's Earnings History.
When will Sunoco LP make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Sunoco LP's stock going? Where will Sunoco LP's stock price be in 2017?
14 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price targets for Sunoco LP's stock. Their forecasts range from $21.00 to $37.00. On average, they expect Sunoco LP's share price to reach $31.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Sunoco LP.
What are analysts saying about Sunoco LP stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sunoco LP stock:
- 1. Citigroup Inc. analysts commented, "art of the deal."Faisel referenced a deal Sunoco struck with the convenience store chain Seven-11 in which Sunoco agreed to sell 1,110 of its retail stores. In fact, the analyst believes that Sunoco's management is the "best deal team in the game."According to Faisel, Sunoco's management team has proven to be among the best in its space in terms of deal execution. Prior to the deal with Seven-11, Sunoco was not only "significantly" overlevered but unable to cover its distributions and "headed for capitulation."With this sale, that narrative appears to have changed dramatically," the analyst wrote.Why Just A Neutral Rating?The analyst reiterated that while the asset sale is a "game changing" move, it doesn't fully erase the case against owning the stock. Specifically, the company's management didn't provide answers to key questions around the deal, including the tax implications of the transaction and plans to address an apparent hole in coverage.Faisel also argued that similar "aggressive deal making" in the past is responsible for Sunoco's unit prices to tumble for a multi-year high of $37.25 to a low of $21.01 before the Seven-11 deal prompted a sharp rebound."As we ponder all the qualitative and quantitative analysis we have done to date on SUN, we have decided that the most practical advice we can give investors who choose to invest in SUN is to follow the smart money," the analyst concluded. "The smartest money here is inside money. If SUN's GP required a 10 percent yield on preferred securities, which are senior to SUN LP units. We would not recommend investors bid the LP units above a 10 percent yield." (4/25/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "ASNA hosted an investor day on January 18, 2017, where management provided updated enterprise transformation initiatives, which include leveraging ASNA’s centers of excellence within brand services and corporate. ASNA gave details on its new $150M transformational cost savings goal, which it believes is achievable by FY19 and likely beatable. ASNA also gave an update on each brand’s strategy and reiterated guidance provided last week at ICR for EPS of ($0.11)–($0.08)/$0.37– $0.42 in F2Q17/FY17. We are lowering our F2Q17 EPS estimate to ($0.10) from ($0.03) and our FY17 EPS estimate to $0.40 from $0.56." (1/19/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sunoco LP operates as a wholesale fuel distributor. It engages in distributing motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors. The Company also operates convenience stores and retail fuel sites. Sunoco LP, formerly known as Susser Petroleum Partners LP, is based in Houston, Texas. " (10/13/2016)
- 4. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "This implies equity issuance or another solution – distribution cuts have been the weapon of choice for overlevered MLPs. In our view, copious leverage that dangles its toes over the covenant edge adds distribution risk and warrants a cautious approach," analyst Ethan Bellamy wrote in a note.Bellamy cut 2016 EBITDA and DCF/unit by 12 percent and 22 percent, respectively, on a 10 percent volume reduction somewhat offset by a 1 percent margin increase.Related Link: Sunoco's Newest Acquisition Could Be A Good Deal After All"We had previously defended SUN on the premise that margins would improve, which they did (+8 percent vs. estimates). But a 13 percent disconnect from our volume forecast ultimately drove a 23 percent miss vs. our DCF/unit, netting to uninspiring 0.95x coverage," (8/4/2016)
Who are some of Sunoco LP's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sunoco LP include LUNDIN PETROLM (LNDNY), EQT Midstream Partners, LP (EQM), Helmerich & Payne (HP), EnLink Midstream Partners, LP (ENLK), Rice Energy (RICE), Newfield Exploration Company (NFX), RSP Permian (RSPP), Range Resources Corporation (RRC), Phillips 66 Partners LP (PSXP), Shell Midstream Partners, L.P. (SHLX), Energen Corporation (EGN), HollyFrontier Corporation (HFC), Subsea 7 SA (SUBCY), DCP Midstream Partners, LP (DCP), Arc Resources (AETUF), First Solar (FSLR), RPC (RES) and Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR).
Who are Sunoco LP's key executives?
Sunoco LP's management team includes the folowing people:
- Matthew S. Ramsey J.D., Chairman of the Board of General Partner
- Joseph Kim, President, Chief Operating Officer of General Partner
- Robert W. Owens, Chief Executive Officer, Director of General Partner
- Thomas R. Miller, Chief Financial Officer of General Partner
- Cynthia A. Archer, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer of General Partner
- Christopher R. Curia, Executive Vice President - Human Resources, Director of General Partner
- Karl R. Fails, Executive Vice President - Supply and Trading of General Partner
- Boyd E. Foster, Executive Vice President - Manufacturing and Distribution of General Partner
- S. Blake Heinemann, Executive Vice President - Operations East of General Partner
- R. Bradley Williams, Executive Vice President - Operations West of General Partner
Who owns Sunoco LP stock?
Sunoco LP's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Bank of Montreal Can (0.31%), Adams Asset Advisors LLC (0.25%), Spirit of America Management Corp NY (0.18%), Advisors Capital Management LLC (0.09%), DAVENPORT & Co LLC (0.05%) and Peak Capital Management LLC (0.04%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Sunoco LP.
Who sold Sunoco LP stock? Who is selling Sunoco LP stock?
Sunoco LP's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Creative Planning, First Heartland Consultants Inc., Adams Asset Advisors LLC, Atria Investments LLC, Wellington Shields Capital Management LLC and DAVENPORT & Co LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sunoco LP.
Who bought Sunoco LP stock? Who is buying Sunoco LP stock?
Sunoco LP's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of Montreal Can, Peak Capital Management LLC, Meridian Wealth Management LLC, Hudson Valley Investment Advisors Inc. ADV, Advisors Capital Management LLC and Baldwin Brothers Inc. MA. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sunoco LP.
How do I buy Sunoco LP stock?
Shares of Sunoco LP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sunoco LP's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sunoco LP (NYSE SUN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sunoco LP and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Sunoco LP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $31.44.
Consensus Ratings for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Sell Ratings, 7 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.21)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$31.00 (1.40% downside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
(Data available from 7/27/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/13/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$31.00 -> $36.00||Low|
|7/10/2017||Mizuho||Downgrade||Neutral -> Underperform||$28.00||Medium|
|6/20/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$32.00||Medium|
|4/25/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Sell -> Neutral||$22.00 -> $29.00||High|
|4/12/2017||FBR & Co||Boost Price Target||Mkt Perform||$28.00 -> $29.00||Low|
|4/10/2017||Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$27.00 -> $28.00||Low|
|4/10/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Upgrade||Underperform -> Hold||$20.00 -> $29.00||Low|
|4/10/2017||Robert W. Baird||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||$28.00 -> $36.00||Low|
|4/9/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$30.00 -> $37.00||Low|
|4/7/2017||Barclays PLC||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$26.00 -> $35.00||Medium|
|3/30/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Initiated Coverage||Sell||$21.00||Medium|
|3/20/2017||Stephens||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||Medium|
|2/15/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Downgrade||Overweight -> Neutral||$31.00||N/A|
|12/19/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|8/15/2016||Morgan Stanley||Initiated Coverage||Equal -> Equal Weight||$32.00||N/A|
|6/21/2016||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||N/A|
|12/8/2015||Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|10/26/2015||Evercore ISI||Initiated Coverage||Hold||$35.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)Earnings History by Quarter for Sunoco LP (NYSE SUN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$0.58||$0.47||$3.83 billion||$3.20 billion||View||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.56||$0.30||$4.01 billion||$4.49 billion||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.55||$0.87||$1.40 billion||$4.20 billion||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.78||$0.44||$1.16 billion||$1.13 billion||View||N/A|
|2/18/2015||Q414||$0.61||$1.00||$1.23 billion||$1.34 billion||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||$0.51||$0.27||$1.41 billion||$1.30 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.49
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-57.19% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
1,434.78% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
145.37% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Sunoco LP (NYSE SUN)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 27.47%Insider Trades by Quarter for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/18/2015||K Rick Turner||Director||Buy||3,000||$40.08||$120,240.00|| |
|8/17/2015||K Rick Turner||Director||Buy||800||$39.96||$31,968.00|| |
Headline Trends for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
Latest Headlines for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
Sunoco LP (SUN) Chart for Thursday, July, 27, 2017