About Target Corporation
Target Corporation offers everyday essentials and merchandise to its customers. The Company sells a range of general merchandise and food through its store and digital channels. The Company's general merchandise stores offer an edited food assortment, including perishables, dry grocery, dairy and frozen items. The Company's digital channels include a range of general merchandise, including various items found in its stores, along with a complementary assortment, such as additional sizes and colors sold only online. The Company's brands include Archer Farms, Market Pantry, Threshold, Simply Balanced, Merona, up & up, Boots & Barkley, Room Essentials, Wine Cube, Circo, Smith & Hawken, Xhilaration, Embark, Ava & Viv, Spritz and Sonia Kashuk. The Company's exclusive brands include C9 by Champion, DENIZEN from Levi's, Nate Berkus for Target, Cherokee, Fieldcrest, Oh Joy! for Target, Mossimo, Genuine Kids from OshKosh, Shaun White, Kid Made Modern and Hand Made Modern.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Discount, Variety Stores
- Sub-Industry: General Merchandise Stores
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: TGT
- CUSIP: 87612E10
- Previous Close: $65.79
- 50 Day Moving Average: $67.98
- 200 Day Moving Average: $70.94
- 52-Week Range: $561,695,000.00 - $62.94
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 11.71
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.32
- P/E Growth: 2.48
- Market Cap: $36.95B
- Outstanding Shares: 561,695,000
- Beta: 0.63
- Net Margins: 4.75%
- Return on Equity: 25.18%
- Return on Assets: 7.77%
Companies Related to Target Corporation:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.09%
- Current Ratio: 1.02%
- Quick Ratio: 0.22%
What is Target Corporation's stock symbol?
Target Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TGT."
How often does Target Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Target Corporation?
Target Corporation declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, January 12th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, February 15th will be given a dividend of $0.60 per share on Friday, March 10th. This represents a $2.40 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 3.65%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, February 13th.
Where is Target Corporation's stock going? Where will Target Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
30 equities research analysts have issued 1 year target prices for Target Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $28.00 to $95.00. On average, they anticipate Target Corporation's share price to reach $73.67 in the next year.
When will Target Corporation announce their earnings?
Target Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, February, 22nd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Target Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Target Corporation stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We are resuming coverage of Target Corporation with a Hold rating and a $72 target price, 6.5x F2018E EBITDA. Our target price is a 22% discount to the 10-year average NTM P/E relative to the S&P 500 Consumer Staples Index, which we believe appropriate given heightened risks. Target's negative preannouncement on January 18th raises our concern that the company may not be able to achieve its 3%+ long-term comp growth target. Additionally, although Target's signature categories are growing ahead of total comp and e-commerce is a bright spot, the remaining two-thirds of the business is underperforming, and we see few near-term catalysts to meaningfully improve topline trends. We believe the company will likely need to raise investment levels to improve comp growth, negatively impacting earnings. That said, current valuation provides downside protection, in our view." (1/19/2017)
- Buckingham Research analysts commented, "We are maintaining our BUY rating on shares of Target Corp. but cutting our PT to $77 from $85. Our investment case for TGT revolved around the company's ability to offset pressure from e-commerce encroachment, a promotional environment, and choppy consumer spending and still generate improving ROIC and ROE trends from strong capital allocation discipline. Unfortunately, this has not come to pass as weakness at retail offset benefits from new product introductions and TGT's own strong growth in e-commerce. We are taking a much more conservative view on future results and now believe it's reasonable to start with the assumption that TGT may never generate a positive annual comp again, or at least not before the e-commerce channel matures. In this admittedly dire scenario, we still see value in TGT shares, notably the company's ownership of nearly all its real estate (we estimate this is worth more than the equity value) and robust FCF (averaging ~$5.50/share going forward) which the company returns to investors via dividends or share repurchase. We are keeping the BUY but now acknowledge the stock may be more of a trading vehicle than LT hold, which is a much less compelling investment case." (1/18/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Target, whose estimates have been stable lately ahead of fourth-quarter earnings release, has outpaced the sector in the past three months. We believe that the initiatives such as the development of omni-channel capacities, diversification and localization of assortments along with emphasis on flexible format stores, bode well. The company also intends to invest in merchandise categories such as Style, Baby, Kids and Wellness that are performing well. All these aided the company to continue with its positive earnings streak for the third quarter in row, as it posted third-quarter fiscal 2016 results. Total sales also beat our expectations, after missing the same in the past four successive quarters. However, what came as a drawback was that the company failed to contain the decline in the top-line. Stiff competition from other discount retailers who are far more geographically diversified may also hurt the company’s performance." (1/17/2017)
Who owns Target Corporation stock?
Target Corporation's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (9.11%), Franklin Resources Inc. (2.91%), FMR LLC (2.58%), Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (1.61%), Thornburg Investment Management Inc. (0.46%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.34%). Company insiders that own Target Corporation stock include Anne M Mulcahy, Calvin Darden, Catherine R Smith, James A /Dc/ Johnson, Jeffrey J Jones II, John J Mulligan, Kathryn A Tesija, Laysha Ward, Robert L Edwards, Robert M Harrison, Roxanne S Austin, Timothy R Baer and Tina M Tyler.
Who sold Target Corporation stock? Who is selling Target Corporation stock?
Target Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., FMR LLC, Thornburg Investment Management Inc., Renaissance Group LLC, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Janus Capital Management LLC, NWQ Investment Management Company LLC and AQR Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Target Corporation stock in the last year include Anne M Mulcahy, Calvin Darden, John J Mulligan, Laysha Ward, Robert M Harrison, Roxanne S Austin and Timothy R Baer.
Who bought Target Corporation stock? Who is buying Target Corporation stock?
Target Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Equity Investment Corp Acquisition Inc, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Nicholas Co. Inc. WI, Alyeska Investment Group L.P., O Shaughnessy Asset Management LLC and Tyvor Capital LLC. Company insiders that have bought Target Corporation stock in the last two years include Catherine R Smith and Robert L Edwards.
How do I buy Target Corporation stock?
Shares of Target Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Target Corporation stock cost?
One share of Target Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $65.79.