About Arch Capital Group (NASDAQ:ACGL)
Arch Capital Group Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides property, casualty, and mortgage insurance and reinsurance products worldwide. The company's Insurance segment offers primary and excess casualty coverages; loss sensitive primary casualty insurance programs; collateral protection, debt cancellation, and service contract reimbursement products; directors' and officers' liability, errors and omissions liability, employment practices and fiduciary liability, crime, professional indemnity, and other financial related coverages; medical professional and general liability insurance coverages; and workers' compensation and umbrella liability, as well as commercial automobile and inland marine products. It also provides property, energy, marine, and aviation insurance; travel insurance; accident, disability, and medical plan insurance coverages; captive insurance programs; employers' liability insurance coverages; and contract and commercial surety coverages. This segment markets its products through a group of licensed independent retail and wholesale brokers. Its Reinsurance segment provides reinsurance for third party liability and workers' compensation exposures; marine and aviation reinsurance; surety, accident and health, workers' compensation catastrophe, agriculture, trade credit, and political risk products; reinsurance protection for catastrophic losses and commercial property risks; life reinsurance; casualty clash; and risk management solutions. This segment markets its reinsurance products through brokers, and directly to ceding companies. The company's Mortgage segment offers private mortgage insurance covering one-to-four family residential mortgages; mortgage insurance to cover previously originated residential loans; quota share reinsurance; and risk-sharing products. This segment sells its products through direct basis and through brokers to mortgage originators. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Pembroke, Bermuda.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Fire, marine, & casualty insurance
Sub-IndustryProperty & Casualty Insurance
Trailing P/E Ratio25.08
Forward P/E Ratio12.70
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$5.63 billion
Price / Sales1.94
Cash Flow$4.3779 per share
Price / Cash18.39
Book Value$66.31 per share
Price / Book1.21
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$3.21
Net Income$619.27 million
Return on Equity6.04%
Return on Assets1.65%
Arch Capital Group (NASDAQ:ACGL) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Arch Capital Group's stock symbol?
Arch Capital Group trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ACGL."
When did Arch Capital Group's stock split? How did Arch Capital Group's stock split work?
Shares of Arch Capital Group split before market open on Thursday, June 21st 2018. The 3-1 split was announced on Wednesday, May 9th 2018. The newly issued shares will be distributed to shareholders after the closing bell on Wednesday, June 20th 2018. An investor that had 100 shares of Arch Capital Group stock prior to the split would have 300 shares after the split.
How were Arch Capital Group's earnings last quarter?
Arch Capital Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:ACGL) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 1st. The insurance provider reported $1.69 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.55 by $0.14. The insurance provider had revenue of $1.41 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.19 billion. Arch Capital Group had a net margin of 9.41% and a return on equity of 6.04%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 10.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the firm posted $1.42 EPS. View Arch Capital Group's Earnings History.
When is Arch Capital Group's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for ACGL?
6 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Arch Capital Group's shares. Their predictions range from $95.00 to $113.00. On average, they anticipate Arch Capital Group's stock price to reach $103.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Arch Capital Group.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Arch Capital Group stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Arch Capital Group stock:
- 1. Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "We are now including $67.5 million of cats, the mid-point of its previewed range. We had been including $57.5 million of cats in our model. As a result of the higher cats than we were modeling (due to the December fires) we are lowering our estimate to $1.20 (from $1.25) for the Q4 and $3.06 for FY 2017 (compared to our prior $3.12). Our 2018 and 2019 EPS estimates and price target are unchanged. Updated for cat losses outside of the October wildfires. The company now expects $60-75 million of pre-tax losses from Q4 cats (about 0.7-0.9% of its equity) from the California fires (October and December) and other global events, up from its prior estimate of $30-55 million of losses disclosed in its 10Q (the prior disclosure was only for the October wildfires). Most of the losses in the quarter stemmed from its non-U.S." (1/9/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shares of Arch Capital have outperformed the industry year to date. Arch Capital has a strong product portfolio and has been maintaining an exemplary track record of premium growth. This apart, the company has been making efforts to diversify its Mortgage Insurance business through strategic acquisitions. Moreover, the insurer remains focused in boosting shareholders’ value. However, exposure to catastrophe losses poses an inherent risk to the P&C business, inducing volatility in underwriting results. Arch Capital estimated third-quarter 2017 after-tax cat losses between $285 million and $345 million. A still low interest rate environment and intense competition are concerns. The company will release its third quarter results on Oct 25th after the market closes. A Zacks Rank #3 increases the predictive power of a beat but when combined with Earnings ESP of 0.00% makes prediction difficult for beat." (10/25/2017)
Who are some of Arch Capital Group's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Arch Capital Group include Tokio Marine (TKOMY), Progressive (PGR), Travelers Companies (TRV), Allstate (ALL), Hartford Financial Services Group (HIG), Ms&Ad Insurance Group (MSADY), Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd Subordinate Voting Shares (FRFHF), Loews (L), Markel (MKL), XL Group (XL), Cna Financial (CNA), Cincinnati Financial (CINF), American Financial Group (AFG), Everest Re Group (RE) and W. R. Berkley (WRB).
Who are Arch Capital Group's key executives?
Arch Capital Group's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Marc Joseph Roland Grandisson, CEO, Pres & Director (Age 50)
- Mr. Nicolas Alain Emmanuel Papadopoulo, Chief Underwriting Officer for Property & Casualty Operations (Age 55)
- Mr. Maamoun Rajeh, Chairman & CEO of Arch Worldwide Reinsurance (Age 47)
- Mr. Andrew Thomas Rippert, Chief Exec. Officer of Arch Worldwide Mortgage Group (Age 57)
- Mr. John Donald Vollaro, Sr. Advisor & Director (Age 73)
Has Arch Capital Group been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about ACGL stock has trended somewhat positive on Sunday, according to Accern. The research firm scores the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Arch Capital Group earned a coverage optimism score of 0.20 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media headlines about the insurance provider an impact score of 45.05 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Arch Capital Group's major shareholders?
Arch Capital Group's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Artisan Partners Limited Partnership (13.24%), BlackRock Inc. (6.45%), Bamco Inc. NY (5.90%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (2.36%), Principal Financial Group Inc. (1.84%) and Principal Financial Group Inc. (1.84%). Company insiders that own Arch Capital Group stock include Andrew Rippert, Brian S Posner, Constantine Iordanou, David Mcelroy, Francois Morin, John D Vollaro, Louis T Petrillo, Marc Grandisson, Mark Donald Lyons, Nicolas Papadopoulo and W Preston Hutchings. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Arch Capital Group.
Which major investors are selling Arch Capital Group stock?
ACGL stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V., Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, Bamco Inc. NY, Russell Investments Group Ltd., BlackRock Inc., Victory Capital Management Inc., California Public Employees Retirement System and Citigroup Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Arch Capital Group company stock in the last year include Andrew Rippert, Constantine Iordanou, Francois Morin, Louis T Petrillo, Mark Donald Lyons, Nicolas Papadopoulo and W Preston Hutchings. View Insider Buying and Selling for Arch Capital Group.
Which major investors are buying Arch Capital Group stock?
ACGL stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Artisan Partners Limited Partnership, Millennium Management LLC, Principal Financial Group Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Port Capital LLC, Port Capital LLC and Carillon Tower Advisers Inc.. Company insiders that have bought Arch Capital Group stock in the last two years include Brian S Posner and Constantine Iordanou. View Insider Buying and Selling for Arch Capital Group.
How do I buy shares of Arch Capital Group?
Shares of ACGL can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Arch Capital Group's stock price today?
One share of ACGL stock can currently be purchased for approximately $80.51.
How big of a company is Arch Capital Group?
Arch Capital Group has a market capitalization of $10.93 billion and generates $5.63 billion in revenue each year. The insurance provider earns $619.27 million in net income (profit) each year or $3.21 on an earnings per share basis. Arch Capital Group employs 3,140 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Arch Capital Group?
Arch Capital Group's mailing address is 100 PITTS BAY ROAD WATERLOO HOUSE GROUND FLOOR, PEMBROKE D0, HM 08. The insurance provider can be reached via phone at 441-278-9250 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Arch Capital Group (ACGL)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Arch Capital Group and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe ACGL will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe ACGL will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.