About Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
Gladstone Capital Corporation is a closed-end, non-diversified management investment company, operating as a business development company (BDC). The objectives of the Company are to achieve and grow current income by investing in debt securities of established businesses that it believes will provide stable earnings and cash flow to pay expenses, make principal and interest payments on its outstanding indebtedness and make distributions to stockholders that grow over time, and to provide its stockholders with long-term capital appreciation in the value of its assets by investing in equity securities of established businesses that it believes can grow over time to permit it to sell its equity investments for capital gains. The Company is focused on investing in lower middle-market companies in the United States. It has investments in south, Midwest, west and northeast of the United States. Its portfolio allocation includes debt investments and equity investments.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Closed End Funds
- Sub-Industry: Asset Management & Custody Banks
- Symbol: NASDAQ:GLAD
- CUSIP: 37653510
- Web: www.gladstonecapital.com
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $9.41
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $9.66
- 52 Week Range: $7.33 - $10.12
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 11.31
- P/E Growth: 1.52
- Annual Dividend: $0.84
- Dividend Yield: 8.6%
- Net Margins: 85.01%
- Return on Equity: 9.88%
- Return on Assets: 6.26%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.38%
- Current Ratio: 10.52%
- Quick Ratio: 10.52%
- Average Volume: 113,763 shs.
- Beta: 1.2
Frequently Asked Questions for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
What is Gladstone Capital Corporation's stock symbol?
Gladstone Capital Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GLAD."
How often does Gladstone Capital Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Gladstone Capital Corporation?
Gladstone Capital Corporation declared a monthly dividend on Wednesday, October 11th. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, December 19th will be given a dividend of $0.07 per share on Friday, December 29th. This represents a $0.84 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 8.63%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, December 18th. View Gladstone Capital Corporation's Dividend History.
How were Gladstone Capital Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.21 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.21. The company had revenue of $9.63 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $10.30 million. Gladstone Capital Corporation had a net margin of 85.01% and a return on equity of 9.88%. View Gladstone Capital Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Gladstone Capital Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Gladstone Capital Corporation's stock going? Where will Gladstone Capital Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
5 brokers have issued 1-year target prices for Gladstone Capital Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $8.00 to $10.00. On average, they expect Gladstone Capital Corporation's stock price to reach $9.16 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Gladstone Capital Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Gladstone Capital Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Gladstone Capital Corporation stock:
- 1. National Securities analysts commented, "• Gladstone offered $51.8 million of 2024 term preferred stock (gross, inclusive of the green shoe) at 6.00% and subsequently redeemed its $6.75% 2021 preferred stock. The 75 bps savings is much needed as GLAD has historically had a relatively high cost of capital compared to peers. We expect the credit facility to average 50.4% of funding for fiscal 2017 and 64.2% for fiscal 2018 and expect the rate on the credit facility to be lowered in fiscal 2Q18. As a result we project the all-in cost of funds to decline to 5.75% for fiscal 2018 from our 6.64% estimate for fiscal 2017.
• While the interest savings are a positive for NIM (net investment margin) we note that we expect earnings growth to be muted for Gladstone as the cost of capital remains high relative to where loans are currently priced. Despite the LMM not being as frothy as the UMM and broadly syndicated market, there is nonetheless still spread compression and we expect that GLAD will pivot from its increased second lien exposure in favor of more first lien debt and this will also weigh on yields.
• We remain SELL rated on Gladstone given a valuation we think is above where the fair value of the stock should be. Our $8 price target is a mere 5% fiscal 4Q18E NAV/share discount, which we think is reasonable, especially for a LMM lender with 42% of its portfolio at cost in second lien debt and over 8% of the portfolio at fair value in oil and gas. We are revising our fiscal 2017 NII/share estimate to $0.84 from $0.85 and our fiscal 2018 NII/share estimate to $0.87 from $0.85." (9/26/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Gladstone Capital Corporation is a specialty finance company that invests in debt securities consisting primarily of senior term loans, senior subordinated loans, and junior subordinated loans in small and medium sized companies. The Company target small and medium sized private businesses that meet some or all of our criteria, including the potential for growth, adequate assets for loan collateral, experienced management teams with significant ownership interest in the business, adequate capitalization, profitable operations based on cash flow, substantial ownership by a buyout fund or a venture capital fund and potential opportunities for us to realize appreciation and gain liquidity in our equity position. " (7/4/2017)
Who are some of Gladstone Capital Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Gladstone Capital Corporation include PennantPark Floating Rate Capital (PFLT), Foresight Solar Fund Ltd (FSFL), Fidus Investment Corporation (FDUS), Eagle Point Credit Company (ECC), TICC Capital Corp. (TICC), Gladstone Investment Corporation (GAIN), Medley Capital Corporation (MCC), WhiteHorse Finance (WHF), THL Credit (TCRD), Solar Senior Capital (SUNS), Invesco Bond Fund (VBF), TriplePoint Venture Growth BDC Corp. (TPVG), Stellus Capital Investment Corporation (SCM), Alcentra Capital Corp. (ABDC), KCAP Financial (KCAP), Horizon Technology Finance Corporation (HRZN), GSV Capital Corp (GSVC) and American Capital Senior Floating (ACSF).
Who are Gladstone Capital Corporation's key executives?
Gladstone Capital Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- David J. Gladstone, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Robert L. Marcotte, President
- Terry Lee Brubaker, Vice Chairman of the Board, Chief Operating Officer, Assistant Secretary
- Nicole Frances Dubas Schaltenbrand, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer, Treasurer
- Michael LiCalsi, General Counsel, Secretary
- Michela A. English, Secretary
- Paul W. Adelgren, Lead Independent Director
- Caren D. Merrick, Independent Director
- John H. Outland, Independent Director
- Anthony W. Parker J.D., Independent Director
How do I buy Gladstone Capital Corporation stock?
Shares of Gladstone Capital Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Gladstone Capital Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ GLAD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Gladstone Capital Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Gladstone Capital Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $9.73.
Consensus Ratings for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 3 Hold Ratings, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$9.16 (5.83% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
Analysts' Ratings History for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/6/2017||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||N/A|
|9/27/2017||Wedbush||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$9.40||Low|
|9/26/2017||National Securities||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$8.00||Low|
|5/4/2017||Hilliard Lyons||Upgrade||Underperform -> Neutral||$8.50 -> $9.25||High|
|3/29/2017||DA Davidson||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$10.00||High|
|4/28/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$7.50||N/A|
|2/9/2016||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$7.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)Earnings History by Quarter for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ GLAD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q3 2017||$0.21||$0.21||$10.30 million||$9.63 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q2 2017||$0.21||$0.21||$9.78 million||$8.79 million||View||Listen|
|2/8/2017||Q416||$0.21||$0.21||$10.22 million||$9.97 million||View||Listen|
|11/21/2016||Q316||$0.21||$0.21||$9.80 million||$9.75 million||View||Listen|
|8/3/2016||Q3||$0.21||$0.21||$10.09 million||$9.84 million||View||Listen|
|2/8/2016||Q116||$0.21||$0.21||$10.18 million||$10.06 million||View||Listen|
|11/23/2015||Q415||$0.24||$0.26||$9.81 million||$10.17 million||View||Listen|
|7/29/2015||Q3||$0.20||$0.23||$10.11 million||$9.94 million||View||Listen|
|5/6/2015||Q215||$0.21||$0.18||$9.51 million||$9.22 million||View||N/A|
|11/12/2014||Q314||$0.21||$0.21||$9.30 million||$8.68 million||View||N/A|
|7/30/2014||Q3 2014||$0.21||$0.24||$9.07 million||$10.18 million||View||N/A|
|4/30/2014||Q2 2014||$0.21||$0.21||$9.39 million||$9.33 million||View||N/A|
|11/12/2012||Q412||$0.24||$0.22||$10.25 million||$10.04 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.63
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.85
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
|Payout Ratio:||62.22% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
100.00% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
97.67% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ GLAD)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.45%Insider Trades by Quarter for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 14.42%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/31/2017||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||4,000||$9.22||$36,880.00|| |
|3/9/2017||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||10,000||$8.96||$89,600.00|| |
|3/7/2017||Robert L Marcotte||President||Sell||20||$9.16||$183.20|| |
|2/28/2017||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||16,000||$9.13||$146,080.00|| |
|12/12/2016||Terry Lee Brubaker||COO||Sell||93,334||$8.92||$832,539.28|| |
|10/25/2016||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||25,000||$7.98||$199,500.00|| |
|8/22/2016||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||6,000||$8.52||$51,120.00|| |
|8/15/2016||Terry Lee Brubaker||COO||Sell||20,876||$8.39||$175,149.64|| |
|8/11/2016||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||8,000||$8.35||$66,800.00|| |
|5/20/2016||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||5,000||$7.01||$35,050.00|| |
|3/4/2016||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||6,000||$7.13||$42,780.00|| |
|2/26/2016||David Gladstone||CEO||Buy||3,925||$6.37||$25,002.25|| |
|12/15/2015||John Dellafiora||insider||Buy||700||$6.75||$4,725.00|| |
|12/15/2015||Michael Licalsi||General Counsel||Buy||3,000||$6.46||$19,380.00|| |
|12/15/2015||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||10,000||$6.67||$66,700.00|| |
|12/11/2015||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||10,000||$7.97||$79,700.00|| |
|12/4/2015||Robert L. Marcotte||President||Buy||5,000||$8.65||$43,250.00|| |
|10/27/2015||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||75,000||$8.55||$641,250.00|| |
|6/1/2015||Caren D Merrick||Director||Buy||1,835||$8.17||$14,991.95|| |
|5/29/2015||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||8,000||$7.97||$63,760.00|| |
|5/21/2015||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||3,500||$8.79||$30,765.00|| |
|2/20/2015||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||13,600||$8.09||$110,024.00|| |
|12/10/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||13,700||$8.70||$119,190.00|| |
|12/9/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||1,300||$8.66||$11,258.00|| |
|8/8/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||10,000||$9.74||$97,400.00|| |
|8/7/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||10,000||$9.69||$96,900.00|| |
|8/6/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||8,401||$9.62||$80,817.62|| |
|8/5/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||11,400||$9.51||$108,414.00|| |
|5/28/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||14,000||$9.78||$136,920.00|| |
|5/27/2014||Robert L Marcotte||President||Buy||20,655||$9.76||$201,592.80|| |
|2/10/2014||Robert Marcotte||President||Buy||19,810||$9.39||$186,015.90|| |
|11/26/2013||Terry Lee Brubaker||COO||Sell||40,914||$9.82||$401,775.48|| |
Headline Trends for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
Latest Headlines for Gladstone Capital Corporation (NASDAQ:GLAD)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Gladstone Capital Corporation (GLAD) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017