Hasbro, Inc. (Hasbro) is a branded-play company. The Company's operating segments include the U.S. and Canada segment, the International segment, the Entertainment and Licensing segment, and Global Operations segment. The U.S. and Canada segment is engaged in the marketing and sale of its products in the United States. The International segment is engaged in the marketing and sale of the Company's product categories to retailers and wholesalers in countries in Europe, Latin and South America, and the Asia Pacific region. The Entertainment and Licensing segment includes the Company's consumer products licensing, digital gaming, television and movie entertainment operations. The Global Operations segment sources production of the Company's toy and game products. The Company offers entertainment offerings, including television programming and motion pictures, and products, ranging from traditional to digital, all informed by storytelling and consumer insights.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Toys & Games
- Sub-Industry: Leisure Products
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: HAS
- CUSIP: 41805610
- Previous Close: $97.78
- 50 Day Moving Average: $89.19
- 200 Day Moving Average: $83.59
- 52-Week Range: $124,927,000.00 - $75.14
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 22.53
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.48
- P/E Growth: 3.90
- Market Cap: $12.22B
- Outstanding Shares: 124,927,000
- Beta: 0.77
- Net Margins: 10.98%
- Return on Equity: 33.18%
- Return on Assets: 12.07%
Companies Related to Hasbro:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.64%
- Current Ratio: 2.00%
- Quick Ratio: 1.76%
What is Hasbro's stock symbol?
Hasbro trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HAS."
How often does Hasbro pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Hasbro?
Hasbro declared a quarterly dividend on Monday, February 6th. Shareholders of record on Monday, May 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.57 per share on Monday, May 15th. This represents a $2.28 annualized dividend and a yield of 2.33%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, April 27th. This is an increase from Hasbro's previous quarterly dividend of $0.51.
Where is Hasbro's stock going? Where will Hasbro's stock price be in 2017?
11 equities research analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Hasbro's shares. Their forecasts range from $82.00 to $98.00. On average, they expect Hasbro's share price to reach $88.75 in the next twelve months.
When will Hasbro announce their earnings?
Hasbro is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, April, 17th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Hasbro stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Hasbro stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Hasbro reported 4Q results that came in ahead of expectations, with adj. EPS of $1.64 vs. our $1.23 estimate and consensus at $1.27 ~ the favorable variance reflected top line outperformance and a lower tax rate. By product category, Boys, Games, and Girls all exceeded our projections. The company also generated FCF during '16, and the board responded with another dividend hike. We've increased estimates, and with relatively clean inventory, solid POS trends, and a strong product line-up for '17, we'd expect positive fundamental momentum to continue over the near-term. But following Monday's rally, with the shares closing at a historical high, our rating remains Hold." (2/7/2017)
- Piper Jaffray Companies analysts commented, "Setting itself apart from its most often comped peer, HAS delivered a strong quarter by almost every measure. Shares ended the day up 14% in response, and while it's difficult to justify the valuation here, we see a reasonable framework for continued share growth and profitability expansion through 2017. We are raising our estimates on slightly higher sales, modestly lower margin rates (higher investment spend) and a lower tax rate. The tax factor is meaningful - nearly 300bps lower than our prior model, a function of international profit contribution (lower tax rates) and a change in accounting for stock comp deductions. We're using a lower growth rate in FY18 as a starting point, recognizing that shifting in the film slate could push sales & profits to FY19; we think a net average EPS on a FY2 multiple is most reasonable in this case. $90 PT based on 18x FY18E EPS." (2/7/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "HAS will report 4Q results Monday 2/6 BMO. Following MAT's pre-announce last week, we see increased risk to HAS 4Q. Pot. elevated retail inventory in 3Q (NA rev. +16% vs. US POS decline), weak holiday sales (NPD & MAT), and a heavy promo environment (GM neg.) create downside risks. Track record of rev. (+5% avg. since 1Q15) and EPS (+40%) beats could drive upside, but breakout to new highs unlikely in our view. We're ~1.5% below cons. rev./EPS." (1/31/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Hasbro’s earnings and revenues have topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate in all the trailing-six quarters despite currency headwinds. The company’s efforts to establish its global presence through strategic partnerships and rapid growth in emerging markets has been driving top-and bottom line performance. Also, various sales boosting and cost saving initiatives along with regular share buybacks and dividend payments bode well. Estimates too have been stable lately ahead of Hasbro’s third quarter earnings release. Notably, the Boys segment has been posting sales growth since the start of 2014. Meanwhile, though the Girls segment marked a turnaround in the first half of 2016 after a dreadful 2015, it remains to be seen if it can sustain its performance. Also, lack of growth at some of Hasbro’s brands is a concern. Further, an increase in costs related to initiatives undertaken to boost business is likely to pressurize profits." (10/13/2016)
Who owns Hasbro stock?
Hasbro's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (3.98%), Janus Capital Management LLC (2.34%), Edge Asset Management Inc. (2.17%), Lansdowne Partners UK LLP (1.12%), AQR Capital Management LLC (0.65%) and FMR LLC (0.53%). Company insiders that own Hasbro stock include Alan G Hassenfeld, Barbara Finigan, Basil Anderson, Brian Goldner, Deborah Thomas, Duncan Billing, John Frascotti, Martin R Trueb and Wiebe Tinga.
Who sold Hasbro stock? Who is selling Hasbro stock?
Hasbro's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Ardevora Asset Management LLP, Baird Financial Group Inc., Marshall Wace LLP, First Republic Investment Management Inc., Fiera Capital Corp and NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V.. Company insiders that have sold Hasbro stock in the last year include Barbara Finigan, Brian Goldner, Deborah Thomas, Duncan Billing, John Frascotti, Martin R Trueb and Wiebe Tinga.
Who bought Hasbro stock? Who is buying Hasbro stock?
Hasbro's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Lansdowne Partners UK LLP, Congress Asset Management Co. MA, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Janus Capital Management LLC, State Street Corp, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Guggenheim Capital LLC and Russell Investments Group Ltd..
How do I buy Hasbro stock?
Shares of Hasbro can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Hasbro stock cost?
One share of Hasbro stock can currently be purchased for approximately $97.78.