About Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU)
lululemon athletica inc. is a designer, distributor and retailer of athletic apparel. The Company operates through two segments: Company-operated stores and Direct to consumer. It is also engaged in the sale from outlets, showrooms, sales from temporary locations, sales to wholesale accounts, warehouse sales, and license and supply arrangements. Its direct to consumer segment generates revenue from its lululemon and ivivva e-commerce Websites, www.lululemon.com and www.ivivva.com, and other country and region specific Websites. It offers a range of apparel and accessories for women, men and female youth. The Company's apparel assortment includes items, such as pants, shorts, tops, and jackets designed for healthy lifestyle and athletic activities, such as yoga, running, training, most other sweaty pursuits, and athletic wear for female youth. The Company also offers fitness-related accessories, including an array of items, such as bags, socks, underwear, yoga mats and water bottles.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Textile - Apparel Clothing
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: LULU
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $52.75
- 50 Day Moving Average: $58.46
- 200 Day Moving Average: $61.60
- 52-Week Range: $49.40 - $81.81
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.87
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 19.98
- P/E Growth: 1.66
- Market Cap: $7.23B
- Outstanding Shares: 137,053,000
- Beta: 0.23
- Net Margins: 12.60%
- Return on Equity: 24.32%
- Return on Assets: 19.61%
- Current Ratio: 4.81%
- Quick Ratio: 3.10%
Companies Related to Lululemon Athletica inc.:
Earnings History for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)Earnings History by Quarter for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|6/6/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|3/29/2017||1/31/2017||$1.01||$1.00||$783.32 million||$789.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/7/2016||Q316||$0.43||$0.47||$540.81 million||$544.40 million||View||N/A|
|9/1/2016||Q216||$0.38||$0.38||$514.02 million||$514.52 million||View||N/A|
|6/8/2016||Q116||$0.31||$0.30||$487.68 million||$495.50 million||View||N/A|
|3/30/2016||Q415||$0.80||$0.85||$693.38 million||$704.30 million||View||Listen|
|12/9/2015||Q315||$0.37||$0.35||$481.78 million||$479.70 million||View||Listen|
|9/10/2015||Q215||$0.33||$0.34||$445.83 million||$453.00 million||View||Listen|
|6/9/2015||Q115||$0.33||$0.34||$418.86 million||$423.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/26/2015||Q414||$0.73||$0.78||$601.61 million||$602.50 million||View||Listen|
|12/11/2014||Q314||$0.38||$0.42||$426.95 million||$419.40 million||View||Listen|
|9/11/2014||Q214||$0.29||$0.33||$376.95 million||$390.70 million||View||Listen|
|6/12/2014||Q114||$0.32||$0.34||$381.21 million||$384.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/27/2014||Q413||$0.72||$0.75||$516.80 million||$521.00 million||View||Listen|
|12/12/2013||Q3||$0.41||$0.45||$376.20 million||$379.90 million||View||Listen|
|9/12/2013||Q2 2013||$0.35||$0.39||$342.70 million||$344.50 million||View||N/A|
|6/10/2013||Q1 13||$0.30||$0.32||$341.11 million||$345.80 million||View||N/A|
|3/21/2013||Q412||$0.74||$0.75||$482.59 million||$485.50 million||View||N/A|
|9/7/2012||Q212||$0.31||$0.34||$281.90 million||$282.60 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2010||$0.25||$0.36||$159.53 million||$175.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.76
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.34
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.29%Insider Trades by Quarter for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 85.19%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|4/1/2016||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||5,310||$67.31||$357,416.10|| |
|9/21/2015||Tara Poseley||Insider||Buy||4,000||$53.52||$214,080.00|| |
|6/16/2015||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||10,000||$67.30||$673,000.00|| |
|3/30/2015||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||18,356||$65.61||$1,204,337.16|| |
|6/27/2014||Delaney Schweitzer||VP||Sell||19,146||$40.36||$772,732.56|| |
|10/2/2013||John Currie||CFO||Sell||20,000||$75.00||$1,500,000.00|| |
|9/19/2013||Delaney Schweitzer||VP||Sell||36,409||$74.03||$2,695,358.27|| |
|9/18/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||30,625||$72.50||$2,220,312.50|| |
|6/28/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||25,335||$65.34||$1,655,388.90|| |
|6/13/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||362,711||$65.15||$23,630,621.65|| |
|6/7/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||607,545||$81.50||$49,514,917.50|| |
|6/4/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||392,455||$81.87||$32,130,290.85|| |
|5/21/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||377,415||$81.67||$30,823,483.05|| |
|5/17/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||203,582||$81.37||$16,565,467.34|| |
|5/14/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||419,003||$81.37||$34,094,274.11|| |
Headline Trends for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Latest Headlines for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Frequently Asked Questions for Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
What is Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock symbol?
Lululemon Athletica inc. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "LULU."
How were Lululemon Athletica inc.'s earnings last quarter?
Lululemon Athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) announced its earnings results on Wednesday, March, 29th. The company reported $1.00 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $1.01 by $0.01. The business had revenue of $789 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $783.32 million. Lululemon Athletica inc. had a return on equity of 24.32% and a net margin of 12.60%. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 12.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.85 EPS.
When will Lululemon Athletica inc. make its next earnings announcement?
Lululemon Athletica inc. is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, June, 6th 2017.
What guidance has Lululemon Athletica inc. issued on next quarter's earnings?
Lululemon Athletica inc. issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, March, 29th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $2.26-2.36 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $2.56. The company issued revenue guidance of $2.550-2.600 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $2.62 billion.Lululemon Athletica inc. also updated its Q1 guidance to $0.25-0.27 EPS.
Where is Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock going? Where will Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock price be in 2017?
34 brokerages have issued 12-month price targets for Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock. Their predictions range from $40.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate Lululemon Athletica inc.'s share price to reach $66.11 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Lululemon Athletica inc. stock:
- 1. FBR & Co analysts commented, "LULU reported adjusted 4Q EPS of $1.00 (excluding 1c tax impact), vs. FBR/ consensus estimates of $1.01 and $0.99–$1.01 guidance. Results reflect +7% constant-currency comps vs. FBR/consensus +6.0%/+5.4% and EBIT margin expansion of +130 bps vs. FBR/consensus +190 bps. Management provided 1Q17 guidance of $0.25–$0.27 (vs. FBR/consensus of $0.34/$0.39) on SSS of -LSD (vs. FBR/ consensus +2.0%/+5.3%), and 2017 guidance of $2.26–$2.36 (vs. FBR/consensus of $2.40/$2.57) on SSS of +LSD (vs. FBR/consensus of +2.8%/+5.4%). Management noted that 1Q SSS got off to a tough start as ecommerce conversions slowed at the end of January and continued to be soft 1QTD (management believes product was too dark), and mall traffic weakened in Feb which impacted store sales. We believe an improvement is expected in April given the shifts, which is likely factored into guidance." (3/30/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "We see less drama into LULU's 4Q16 earnings release versus recent quarters, as most topics are likely to be roughly in line with expectations. Specifically, we expect 4Q16 EPS to largely track expectations (though we see the possibility for modest SSS and GM upside) and FY2017 guidance is likely to place consensus near the high end of the EPS range on a +MSD comp increase. 1Q17 SSS guidance is the one metric we see carrying some uncertainty, with some investors worried mall traffic challenges will drive a +LSD comp guide, while others see the potential for +MSD guidance against sequentially easier comparisons. We believe a +LSD comp guide likely drives a modest sell-off, while a +MSD comp guide could push shares higher. Overall, we believe the scope for significant volatility in reaction to earnings/guidance seems lower than in recent quarters, given some caution on SSS guidance heading in." (3/28/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Lululemon’s impressive performance history and growth drivers have helped its shares outperform the Zacks categorized industry in the last one year. The company had raised the lower end of its fourth quarter fiscal 2016 earnings and sales view, backed by a solid holiday season. While most retailers struggled, Lululemon emerged strong, driven by solid performance across both stores and online. Estimate have been stable lately, ahead of the company's fourth quarter earnings. Apart from this, Lululemon’s solid sales history remains noteworthy. Also, the company’s 2020 strategy, aimed at doubling revenues and more than doubling earnings, has been a constant growth driver. However, the fading popularity of athleisure wear is likely to take a toll on the company’s performance as denims are back in vogue. Stiff competition from other players also remains a headwind." (3/14/2017)
Are investors shorting Lululemon Athletica inc.?
Lululemon Athletica inc. saw a increase in short interest in the month of March. As of March 31st, there was short interest totalling 10,537,667 shares, an increase of 9.8% from the March 15th total of 9,600,564 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 7,848,138 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 1.3 days.
Who owns Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Manning & Napier Advisors LLC (3.11%), Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.16%), Sib LLC (0.10%), Gateway Investment Advisers LLC (0.07%), Winslow Asset Management Inc. (0.04%) and Gulf International Bank UK Ltd (0.03%). Company insiders that own Lululemon Athletica inc. stock include Rhoda M Pitcher and Tara Poseley.
Who sold Lululemon Athletica inc. stock? Who is selling Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Manning & Napier Advisors LLC, Nationwide Fund Advisors, Norman Fields Gottscho Capital Management LLC and Patten & Patten Inc. TN.
Who bought Lululemon Athletica inc. stock? Who is buying Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Lululemon Athletica inc.'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Winslow Asset Management Inc., Prospera Financial Services Inc, DnB Asset Management AS, Bank of Montreal Can, Gulf International Bank UK Ltd, Rothschild Investment Corp IL and Mn Services Vermogensbeheer B.V..
How do I buy Lululemon Athletica inc. stock?
Shares of Lululemon Athletica inc. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Lululemon Athletica inc. stock cost?
One share of Lululemon Athletica inc. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $52.75.
Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) Chart for Monday, April, 24, 2017