lululemon athletica inc. is a designer, distributor and retailer of athletic apparel. The Company operates through two segments: Company-operated stores and Direct to consumer. It is also engaged in the sale from outlets, showrooms, sales from temporary locations, sales to wholesale accounts, warehouse sales, and license and supply arrangements. Its direct to consumer segment generates revenue from its lululemon and ivivva e-commerce Websites, www.lululemon.com and www.ivivva.com, and other country and region specific Websites. It offers a range of apparel and accessories for women, men and female youth. The Company's apparel assortment includes items, such as pants, shorts, tops, and jackets designed for healthy lifestyle and athletic activities, such as yoga, running, training, most other sweaty pursuits, and athletic wear for female youth. The Company also offers fitness-related accessories, including an array of items, such as bags, socks, underwear, yoga mats and water bottles.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Apparel & Accessories - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:LULU
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.lululemon.com
- Market Cap: $8.489 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 126,929,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $55.85
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $58.95
- 52 Week Range: $47.26 - $81.81
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 29.34
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 23.20
- P/E Growth: 2.39
- Annual Revenue: $2.37 billion
- Price / Sales: 3.32
- Book Value: $9.84 per share
- Price / Book: 6.29
- EBIDTA: $507.41 million
- Net Margins: 12.21%
- Return on Equity: 23.43%
- Return on Assets: 19.27%
- Current Ratio: 5.50%
- Quick Ratio: 4.02%
- Average Volume: 3.07 million shs.
- Beta: 0.23
- Short Ratio: 2.08
Frequently Asked Questions for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
What is lululemon athletica inc.'s stock symbol?
lululemon athletica inc. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "LULU."
How were lululemon athletica inc.'s earnings last quarter?
lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, June, 1st. The company reported $0.32 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.28 by $0.04. The firm had revenue of $520.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $513.99 million. lululemon athletica inc. had a return on equity of 23.43% and a net margin of 12.21%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 5.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $0.33 earnings per share. View lululemon athletica inc.'s Earnings History.
When will lululemon athletica inc. make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has lululemon athletica inc. issued on next quarter's earnings?
lululemon athletica inc. issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, June, 1st. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $2.28-2.38 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $2.31. The company issued revenue guidance of $2.53-2.58 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $2.56 billion.lululemon athletica inc. also updated its Q2 guidance to $0.33-0.35 EPS.
Where is lululemon athletica inc.'s stock going? Where will lululemon athletica inc.'s stock price be in 2017?
37 brokers have issued twelve-month price targets for lululemon athletica inc.'s stock. Their forecasts range from $40.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate lululemon athletica inc.'s share price to reach $64.86 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for lululemon athletica inc..
What are analysts saying about lululemon athletica inc. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about lululemon athletica inc. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Lululemon stock has made notable recovery, outperforming the broader industry in the last three months, after delivering top and bottom line beat in first-quarter fiscal 2017. Further, the company is all set to utilize its capabilities built in fiscal 2015 over the next five years. In fact, by 2020, the company aims to double its revenues to about $4 billion and more than double its earnings. Moreover, the company’s eCommerce growth initiatives and ivivva remodeling bode well. We note that the company’s eCommerce comps improved in the low-double digits range so far in the fiscal second-quarter. This led the company to provide solid comps guidance for the second quarter and fiscal 2017, reflecting further strengthening of eCommerce business. However, in-store comps continue to suffer. The company also tweaked revenue forecast for fiscal 2017, which indicates further weakness." (7/11/2017)
- 2. Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "We remain cautious on shares given premium valuation for a maturing retailer. That said, lululemon is doing a better than expected job at finding ways to emphasize the company’s highest-margin core business and drive incremental operating profit on more moderate growth targets. The dramatic de-emphasis of the ivivva brand as a growth vehicle looks to be an appropriate move, de-risking the deleveraging of fixed expenses that has become an incremental source of concern as sourcing improvements are likely to become more challenging." (5/30/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "LULU reported adjusted 4Q EPS of $1.00 (excluding 1c tax impact), vs. FBR/ consensus estimates of $1.01 and $0.99–$1.01 guidance. Results reflect +7% constant-currency comps vs. FBR/consensus +6.0%/+5.4% and EBIT margin expansion of +130 bps vs. FBR/consensus +190 bps. Management provided 1Q17 guidance of $0.25–$0.27 (vs. FBR/consensus of $0.34/$0.39) on SSS of -LSD (vs. FBR/ consensus +2.0%/+5.3%), and 2017 guidance of $2.26–$2.36 (vs. FBR/consensus of $2.40/$2.57) on SSS of +LSD (vs. FBR/consensus of +2.8%/+5.4%). Management noted that 1Q SSS got off to a tough start as ecommerce conversions slowed at the end of January and continued to be soft 1QTD (management believes product was too dark), and mall traffic weakened in Feb which impacted store sales. We believe an improvement is expected in April given the shifts, which is likely factored into guidance." (3/30/2017)
- 4. Wedbush analysts commented, "We see less drama into LULU's 4Q16 earnings release versus recent quarters, as most topics are likely to be roughly in line with expectations. Specifically, we expect 4Q16 EPS to largely track expectations (though we see the possibility for modest SSS and GM upside) and FY2017 guidance is likely to place consensus near the high end of the EPS range on a +MSD comp increase. 1Q17 SSS guidance is the one metric we see carrying some uncertainty, with some investors worried mall traffic challenges will drive a +LSD comp guide, while others see the potential for +MSD guidance against sequentially easier comparisons. We believe a +LSD comp guide likely drives a modest sell-off, while a +MSD comp guide could push shares higher. Overall, we believe the scope for significant volatility in reaction to earnings/guidance seems lower than in recent quarters, given some caution on SSS guidance heading in." (3/28/2017)
Who are some of lululemon athletica inc.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to lululemon athletica inc. include PVH Corp. (PVH), Under Armour (UAA), Hanesbrands (HBI), Gildan Activewear (GIL), Ralph Lauren Corporation (RL), Under Armour (UA), Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM), G-III Apparel Group, LTD. (GIII), Mulberry Group PLC (MUL), Duluth Holdings (DLTH), Iconix Brand Group (ICON), Mothercare plc (MTC), Delta Apparel (DLA), Lakeland Industries (LAKE), Vince Holding Corp. (VNCE), Differential Brands Group (DFBG), Bagir Group Ltd (BAGR) and Naibu Global International Company PLC (NBU).
Who are lululemon athletica inc.'s key executives?
lululemon athletica inc.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Glenn Murphy, Co-Chairman of the Board
- David M. Mussafer, Independent Co-Chairman of the Board
- Laurent Potdevin, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Stuart C. Haselden, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer
- Celeste Burgoyne, Executive Vice President, Americas Retail
- Lee Holman, Executive Vice President - Creative Director
- Scott Stump, Executive Vice-President, Community and Brand
- Gina Warren, Executive Vice President, People and Culture
- Robert Bensoussan, Independent Director
- Michael Casey, Independent Director
Who owns lululemon athletica inc. stock?
lululemon athletica inc.'s stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Manning & Napier Advisors LLC (2.78%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.12%), Bank of Montreal Can (0.12%), Gateway Investment Advisers LLC (0.11%), Sib LLC (0.10%) and Patten & Patten Inc. TN (0.02%). Company insiders that own lululemon athletica inc. stock include Glenn Murphy, Rhoda M Pitcher and Tara Poseley. View Institutional Ownership Trends for lululemon athletica inc..
Who sold lululemon athletica inc. stock? Who is selling lululemon athletica inc. stock?
lululemon athletica inc.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Manning & Napier Advisors LLC, US Bancorp DE, Norman Fields Gottscho Capital Management LLC, Aperio Group LLC, Rothschild Investment Corp IL and Xact Kapitalforvaltning AB. View Insider Buying and Selling for lululemon athletica inc..
Who bought lululemon athletica inc. stock? Who is buying lululemon athletica inc. stock?
lululemon athletica inc.'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of Montreal Can, Gateway Investment Advisers LLC, Mn Services Vermogensbeheer B.V., Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC, TB Alternative Assets Ltd., Fox Run Management L.L.C., Exane Derivatives and Patten & Patten Inc. TN. Company insiders that have bought lululemon athletica inc. stock in the last two years include Glenn Murphy and Tara Poseley. View Insider Buying and Selling for lululemon athletica inc..
How do I buy lululemon athletica inc. stock?
Shares of lululemon athletica inc. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is lululemon athletica inc.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ LULU)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about lululemon athletica inc. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of lululemon athletica inc. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $61.94.
Consensus Ratings for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Sell Ratings, 14 Hold Ratings, 19 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.41)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$64.86 (4.71% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
(Data available from 7/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/22/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$64.00 -> $67.00||N/A|
|7/18/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$67.00||High|
|7/14/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$56.00||Low|
|7/14/2017||CIBC||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Outperform||$65.00 -> $68.00||Low|
|7/14/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$65.00 -> $68.00||Low|
|7/10/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$70.00||Low|
|7/7/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$64.00||Low|
|7/6/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$55.00||Low|
|6/14/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$58.00||Low|
|6/5/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||$46.00 -> $49.00||Low|
|6/3/2017||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Buy||$85.00||Medium|
|6/3/2017||DA Davidson||Set Price Target||Hold||$58.00 -> $59.00||Medium|
|6/3/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$58.00 -> $59.00||Medium|
|6/3/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$49.00 -> $54.00||Medium|
|6/2/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$66.00||Medium|
|5/31/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$57.00 -> $51.00||Low|
|5/30/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$56.00||Low|
|5/28/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Set Price Target||Buy||$60.00||Low|
|5/23/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$41.00||Low|
|5/16/2017||Berenberg Bank||Initiated Coverage||Hold -> Hold||$54.00||High|
|4/4/2017||Macquarie||Set Price Target||Sell||$40.00||Low|
|4/1/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Set Price Target||Buy||$69.00||Low|
|3/30/2017||Instinet||Lower Price Target||Buy||$72.00 -> $65.00||Medium|
|3/30/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$97.00 -> $59.00||Medium|
|3/30/2017||Mizuho||Lower Price Target||Buy||$78.00 -> $64.00||Medium|
|3/30/2017||Nomura||Lower Price Target||Buy||$72.00 -> $65.00||High|
|3/30/2017||MKM Partners||Reiterated Rating||Buy||High|
|3/30/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||High|
|3/30/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Lower Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$92.00 -> $78.00||High|
|1/4/2017||KeyCorp||Set Price Target||Buy||$89.00||N/A|
|12/8/2016||Evercore ISI||Upgrade||Sell -> Buy||$50.00 -> $80.00||N/A|
|11/29/2016||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||N/A|
|11/29/2016||Buckingham Research||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$55.00||N/A|
|9/9/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|6/9/2016||Wolfe Research||Boost Price Target||Peer Perform||$66.00 -> $74.00||N/A|
|6/3/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$75.00||N/A|
|4/16/2016||Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|3/28/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Boost Price Target||Market Perform||$50.00 -> $55.00||N/A|
|2/4/2016||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|12/10/2015||Topeka Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Buy||$80.00 -> $75.00||N/A|
Earnings History for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)Earnings History by Quarter for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ LULU)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/30/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|6/1/2017||Q1 17||$0.28||$0.32||$513.99 million||$520.30 million||View||Listen|
|3/29/2017||1/31/2017||$1.01||$1.00||$783.32 million||$789.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/7/2016||Q316||$0.43||$0.47||$540.81 million||$544.40 million||View||N/A|
|9/1/2016||Q216||$0.38||$0.38||$514.02 million||$514.52 million||View||N/A|
|6/8/2016||Q116||$0.31||$0.30||$487.68 million||$495.50 million||View||N/A|
|3/30/2016||Q415||$0.80||$0.85||$693.38 million||$704.30 million||View||Listen|
|12/9/2015||Q315||$0.37||$0.35||$481.78 million||$479.70 million||View||Listen|
|9/10/2015||Q215||$0.33||$0.34||$445.83 million||$453.00 million||View||Listen|
|6/9/2015||Q115||$0.33||$0.34||$418.86 million||$423.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/26/2015||Q414||$0.73||$0.78||$601.61 million||$602.50 million||View||Listen|
|12/11/2014||Q314||$0.38||$0.42||$426.95 million||$419.40 million||View||Listen|
|9/11/2014||Q214||$0.29||$0.33||$376.95 million||$390.70 million||View||Listen|
|6/12/2014||Q114||$0.32||$0.34||$381.21 million||$384.60 million||View||Listen|
|3/27/2014||Q413||$0.72||$0.75||$516.80 million||$521.00 million||View||Listen|
|12/12/2013||Q3||$0.41||$0.45||$376.20 million||$379.90 million||View||Listen|
|9/12/2013||Q2 2013||$0.35||$0.39||$342.70 million||$344.50 million||View||N/A|
|6/10/2013||Q1 13||$0.30||$0.32||$341.11 million||$345.80 million||View||N/A|
|3/21/2013||Q412||$0.74||$0.75||$482.59 million||$485.50 million||View||N/A|
|9/7/2012||Q212||$0.31||$0.34||$281.90 million||$282.60 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2010||$0.25||$0.36||$159.53 million||$175.80 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.76
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.31
2019 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.65
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.29%Insider Trades by Quarter for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 79.94%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/27/2017||Glenn Murphy||Director||Buy||100,000||$55.50||$5,550,000.00|| |
|6/26/2017||Glenn Murphy||Director||Buy||97,728||$55.50||$5,423,904.00|| |
|4/1/2016||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||5,310||$67.31||$357,416.10|| |
|9/21/2015||Tara Poseley||Insider||Buy||4,000||$53.52||$214,080.00|| |
|6/16/2015||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||10,000||$67.30||$673,000.00|| |
|3/30/2015||Rhoda M Pitcher||Director||Sell||18,356||$65.61||$1,204,337.16|| |
|6/27/2014||Delaney Schweitzer||VP||Sell||19,146||$40.36||$772,732.56|| |
|10/2/2013||John Currie||CFO||Sell||20,000||$75.00||$1,500,000.00|| |
|9/19/2013||Delaney Schweitzer||VP||Sell||36,409||$74.03||$2,695,358.27|| |
|9/18/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||30,625||$72.50||$2,220,312.50|| |
|6/28/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||25,335||$65.34||$1,655,388.90|| |
|6/13/2013||Christine Mccormick Day||CEO||Sell||362,711||$65.15||$23,630,621.65|| |
|6/7/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||607,545||$81.50||$49,514,917.50|| |
|6/4/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||392,455||$81.87||$32,130,290.85|| |
|5/21/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||377,415||$81.67||$30,823,483.05|| |
|5/17/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||203,582||$81.37||$16,565,467.34|| |
|5/14/2013||Dennis J Wilson||Director||Sell||419,003||$81.37||$34,094,274.11|| |
Headline Trends for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
Latest Headlines for lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU)
lululemon athletica inc. (LULU) Chart for Monday, July, 24, 2017