MercadoLibre, Inc. (MercadoLibre) hosts an online commerce platform in Latin America, which is focused on enabling e-commerce and its related services. The Company provides a portfolio of services facilitating e-commerce transactions. Its geographic segments are Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Venezuela and other countries (including Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Guatemala, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay and the United States of America. It also operates online commerce platforms in the Dominican Republic, Panama, Bolivia, Guatemala, Paraguay and Portugal. It offers its users an eco-system of over six related e-commerce services: the MercadoLibre Marketplace, The MercadoLibre Classifieds Service, the MercadoPago payments solution, the MercadoLibre Advertising program, the MercadoShops online Webstores solution and the Mercado Envios shipping service. It operates a real estate classified platform in the United States.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Catalog & Mail Order Houses
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: MELI
- Previous Close: $208.23
- 50 Day Moving Average: $187.10
- 200 Day Moving Average: $173.55
- 52-Week Range: $94.56 - $208.83
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 67.43
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 37.12
- P/E Growth: 1.58
- Market Cap: $9.19B
- Outstanding Shares: 44,157,000
- Beta: 2.17
- Net Margins: 16.13%
- Return on Equity: 38.86%
- Return on Assets: 12.59%
Companies Related to MercadoLibre:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.76%
- Current Ratio: 1.53%
- Quick Ratio: 1.53%
What is MercadoLibre's stock symbol?
MercadoLibre trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MELI."
How often does MercadoLibre pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for MercadoLibre?
MercadoLibre declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, November 3rd. Investors of record on Saturday, December 31st will be paid a dividend of $0.15 per share on Monday, January 16th. This represents a $0.60 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.29%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, December 28th.
Where is MercadoLibre's stock going? Where will MercadoLibre's stock price be in 2017?
10 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for MercadoLibre's shares. Their predictions range from $105.00 to $220.00. On average, they anticipate MercadoLibre's stock price to reach $187.30 in the next twelve months.
When will MercadoLibre announce their earnings?
MercadoLibre is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, May, 4th 2017.
What are analysts saying about MercadoLibre stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about MercadoLibre stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "MercadoLibre capped a strong year with another impressive quarter. MercadoLibre has positioned itself as the leading eCommerce platform in Latin America with the development of enhanced services which has allowed the company to offer a complete solution and to increase the value proposition to both buyers and merchants. Topline and bottom-line momentum continued in 4Q:16 as revenue increased 68% FX-adj., TPV increased 84% y/y FX-adj. and EBIT margins expanded nearly 700bps y/y. We are raising our estimates and take our price target to $220." (2/24/2017)
- Cowen and Company analysts commented, "MELI reported strong 4Q operating results with revenues and EBITDA besting our forecasts by 2% and 17%. The larger point is that MELI's ecosystem of marketplace, payments and logistics is thriving. We boost LT estimates again' MELI delivered strong 4Q financial results with revenues of $256.3MM beating our $251.8MM forecast and Street $251.7MM. Revenues grew 42% y/y on a reported basis but increased an impressive 68% x-FX, better than the 66% y/y growth in 3Q and on par with the 69% y/y in 4Q15. As for expenses, COGS was essentially in-line with our expectations driving a 3% better-than-estimated Gross Profit or 63.5% Gross Margin versus forecast 63%. Other opex was mostly better than our forecast driven by R&D and G&A expense 20% and 16% below our forecast. Adj. EBITDA of $73MM (28.5% margin) was $10.6MM higher than our $62.4MM forecast (and compares against Cons. $65MM). EPS of $1.16 was meaningfully above our $0.89 forecast (Cons. $0.92)." (2/24/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "MercadoLibre is the largest online trading platform in Latin America. We are market leaders in e-commerce in each of Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela, based on unique visitors and page views. Additionally, we have recently launched online trading platforms in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Panama. With a market of over Five fifty million people and a region with one of the world's fastest-growing Internet penetration rates, we provide buyers and sellers a robust online trading environment that fosters the development of a large and growing e-commerce community. We offer a technological and commercial solution that addresses the distinctive cultural and geographic challenges of operating an online trading platform in Latin America. " (2/1/2017)
Who owns MercadoLibre stock?
MercadoLibre's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Baillie Gifford & Co. (14.44%), FMR LLC (1.10%), William Blair Investment Management LLC (1.07%), Fiera Capital Corp (0.97%), Sands Capital Management LLC (0.91%) and State Street Corp (0.56%). Company insiders that own MercadoLibre stock include A Michael Spence, Daniel Rabinovich, Ebay Inc and Pedro Arnt.
Who sold MercadoLibre stock? Who is selling MercadoLibre stock?
MercadoLibre's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fiera Capital Corp, Light Street Capital Management LLC, Capital International Inc. CA, FMR LLC, Ellington Management Group LLC, Credit Agricole S A, Guggenheim Capital LLC and First Republic Investment Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold MercadoLibre stock in the last year include A Michael Spence, Daniel Rabinovich, Ebay Inc and Pedro Arnt.
Who bought MercadoLibre stock? Who is buying MercadoLibre stock?
MercadoLibre's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., State Street Corp, Baillie Gifford & Co., Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Allianz Asset Management AG, William Blair Investment Management LLC, Paulson & CO. Inc. and Highland Capital Management LP.
How do I buy MercadoLibre stock?
Shares of MercadoLibre can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of MercadoLibre stock cost?
One share of MercadoLibre stock can currently be purchased for approximately $208.23.