About Navient Corp (NAVI)
Navient Corporation is a loan management, servicing and asset recovery company. The Company holds the portfolio of education loans insured or guaranteed under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP), as well as the portfolio of Private Education Loans. FFELP Loans are insured or guaranteed by state based on guaranty agreements among the United States Department of Education (ED) and these agencies. Private Education Loans are education loans to students or their families that bear the full credit risk of the customer and any cosigner. The Company operates in three segments: FFELP Loans, Private Education Loans and Business Services. The Company services its own portfolio of education loans, as well as those owned by banks, credit unions, non-profit education lenders and ED. It also provides asset recovery services on its own portfolio, guaranty agencies, higher education institutions, ED and other federal clients, as well as states, courts and municipalities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Credit Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: NAVI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $14.06
- 50 Day Moving Average: $15.07
- 200 Day Moving Average: $15.30
- 52-Week Range: $11.01 - $17.95
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 6.57
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 7.33
- P/E Growth: 2.88
- Market Cap: $4.05B
- Outstanding Shares: 291,008,000
- Beta: 2.57
- Net Margins: 13.72%
- Return on Equity: 15.65%
- Return on Assets: 0.46%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 30.18%
- Current Ratio: 48.28%
- Quick Ratio: 43.98%
Companies Related to Navient Corp:
Earnings History for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)Earnings History by Quarter for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/17/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|10/18/2016||Q3||$0.48||$0.50||$391.75 million||$405.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/26/2016||Q4||$0.49||$0.48||$460.20 million||$445.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/16/2014||Q311||$0.53||$0.56||$572.33 million||$662.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.83 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.90 EPS
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
|Most Recent Dividend:||3/17/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||30.19% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
34.97% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
33.68% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.05%Insider Trades by Quarter for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 93.89%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/19/2016||William M Diefenderfer III||Director||Sell||16,300||$14.20||$231,460.00|| |
|7/26/2016||Bates Ann Torre||Director||Sell||9,000||$14.23||$128,070.00|| |
|2/9/2016||John F. Remondi||CEO||Buy||80,000||$8.79||$703,200.00|| |
|2/4/2016||Mark L Heleen||EVP||Buy||3,800||$9.39||$35,682.00|| |
|10/30/2015||Katherine A Lehman||Director||Buy||2,500||$13.22||$33,050.00|| |
|2/6/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,402||$21.38||$29,974.76|| |
|2/6/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,184||$21.38||$25,313.92|| |
|2/6/2015||Timothy J Iv Hynes||Insider||Sell||1,118||$21.38||$23,902.84|| |
|2/4/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,670||$20.93||$34,953.10|| |
|2/4/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,408||$20.93||$29,469.44|| |
|2/4/2015||Timothy J Iv Hynes||Insider||Sell||1,404||$20.93||$29,385.72|| |
|2/3/2015||John M Kane||COO||Sell||1,735||$20.60||$35,741.00|| |
|2/3/2015||Somsak Chivavibul||CFO||Sell||1,023||$20.47||$20,940.81|| |
|11/19/2014||John M Kane||COO||Sell||23,767||$20.67||$491,263.89|| |
|8/1/2014||Barry Lawson Williams||Director||Sell||14,450||$17.42||$251,719.00|| |
Headline Trends for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
Latest Headlines for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
|Pioneer Credit Recovery hits the road for Western New York hiring tour (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 22 at 6:48 PM
|10 Most Undervalued Companies For The Enterprising Investor - March 2017 (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
seekingalpha.com - March 20 at 4:54 PM
|NAVIENT INVESTIGATION INITIATED by Former Louisiana Attorney General: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates the Officers and Directors of Navient Corporation - NAVI (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 17 at 11:55 PM
|What The Navient Lawsuit Means For Student Loan Defaults (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.forbes.com - March 17 at 8:36 AM
|Navient unveils a virtual lab to test ideas that could transform student loan servicing (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 8 at 9:42 AM
|Navient Enters Oversold Territory (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.nasdaq.com - March 7 at 6:33 PM
|NAVIENT CORP Files SEC form 8-K, Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement, Creation of a Direct Financial Obligatio (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
us.rd.yahoo.com - March 7 at 6:33 PM
|Moody's takes action on 12 tranches from nine FFELP securitizations administered by Navient (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.moodys.com - March 7 at 6:33 PM
|NAVIENT INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates … (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 5 at 10:03 AM
|5 Undervalued Stocks Trading Below Graham Number (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
seekingalpha.com - March 3 at 6:47 PM
|Local employer Pioneer Credit Recovery announces Horseheads job fairs on March 9 and 10 to support new contract (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 3 at 6:47 PM
|Most Americans say they don’t have a clue about this federal agency... (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.marketwatch.com - March 2 at 6:58 PM
|NAVIENT CORP Financials (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 2 at 6:58 PM
|Navient launches career development video series, in partnership with expert James Citrin (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - March 1 at 6:53 PM
|NAVIENT CORP Files SEC form 8-K, Regulation FD Disclosure, Financial Statements and Exhibits (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
biz.yahoo.com - February 27 at 5:57 PM
|Local employer announces Wilkes-Barre job fairs on March 1 and 4 to support new contract (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - February 27 at 5:57 PM
|NAVIENT CORP Files SEC form 10-K, Annual Report (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
biz.yahoo.com - February 24 at 9:09 PM
|Nation's largest student loan manager hires new CFO - Philadelphia Business Journal (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.bizjournals.com - February 23 at 11:51 PM
|Nation's largest student loan manager hires new CFO (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.bizjournals.com - February 22 at 6:52 PM
|Navient appoints chief financial officer and chief decision management officer (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - February 21 at 6:10 PM
|4:18 pm Navient appoints Christian Lown as CFO effective March 27, 2017; 'Somsak Chivavibul, current CFO, will spearhead the launch of a new enterprise-wide decision management center' (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
finance.yahoo.com - February 21 at 6:10 PM
|NAVIENT CORP Files SEC form 8-K, Change in Directors or Principal Officers, Financial Statements and Exhibits (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
biz.yahoo.com - February 21 at 6:10 PM
|NAVIENT INVESTIGATION INITIATED by Former Louisiana Attorney ... - Business Wire (press release) (NASDAQ:NAVI)|
www.businesswire.com - February 18 at 11:10 AM
Frequently Asked Questions for Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI)
What is Navient Corp's stock symbol?
Navient Corp trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NAVI."
How often does Navient Corp pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Navient Corp?
Navient Corp announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, February 7th. Shareholders of record on Friday, March 3rd will be paid a dividend of $0.16 per share on Friday, March 17th. This represents a $0.64 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 4.60%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, March 1st.
How were Navient Corp's earnings last quarter?
Navient Corp (NASDAQ:NAVI) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, January, 24th. The company reported $0.43 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.44 by $0.01. Navient Corp had a return on equity of 15.65% and a net margin of 13.72%. During the same period last year, the business earned $0.49 earnings per share.
When will Navient Corp make its next earnings announcement?
Navient Corp is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, April, 17th 2017.
Where is Navient Corp's stock going? Where will Navient Corp's stock price be in 2017?
9 analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for Navient Corp's stock. Their predictions range from $13.00 to $21.00. On average, they expect Navient Corp's stock price to reach $17.50 in the next year.
What are analysts saying about Navient Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Navient Corp stock:
- 1. Wedbush analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Navient Corp. (NAVI) with a NEUTRAL rating and a $16.50 price target. Navient is the student loan servicing and legacy FFELP & private student loan business spun out of Sallie Mae in 2014. While two of the company's three business lines appear to be in runoff, the company has been able to generate a significant amount of cash flows with which to pay down debt, buy back stock and pay dividends. In 2016, NAVI retired $2.6 billion in senior debt, repurchased $60 million in stock (17% of shares outstanding), and paid an annual dividend of $0.64 per share." (1/30/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Navient shares have outperformed the Zacks categorized Consumer Loan industry in a year's time. However, we see limited upside for the stock in the near term given the several challenges. The U.S. student loan industry is currently under heightened regulatory scrutiny over alleged anti-consumer practices. Navient, which services large number of student loans, is under regulatory claims and litigation burden owing to its practices in handling loans. Nevertheless, the company should benefit from the ongoing economic recovery and remains focused on leveraging its asset recovery & processing businesses. Further, management expects EPS to be at the midpoint of the prior core EPS guidance of $1.82 to $1.87 for 2016. Estimates have been stable lately ahead of its fourth-quarter 2016 earnings release." (1/18/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage on Navient (NAVI) with a Hold rating and $18 price target. While we consider NAVI a strong company, the recent rally in the stock has converged the public equity value with our assessment of an NPV of the portfolio added to a segment value for servicing, leaving insufficient upside for a Buy, in our opinion. That said, we keep a watchful eye on ongoing expansion of the Business Services segment which may drive upside over time. We observe that NAVI is among the best capital return stories within our coverage universe, however, we assign a Hold rating as the recent rally leaves the stock near its intrinsic value. In our opinion, the equity value has converged to a level near our assessment of a sum-of-the-parts valuation. That said, we note the nearly 4% dividend yield may be attractive for income-oriented investors and we support management’s focus on capital returns. Further, NAVI continues to focus on special servicing opportunities within its Business Services segment, and incremental growth within this division could both add to earnings power and enhance the multiple over time. Sum of the parts DCF analysis supports our $18 PT. As we detail herein, when we conduct a DCF analysis of the loan portfolio, and add to this an assessed value of the servicing (Business Services) business, we conclude that an $18PT is reasonable." (12/7/2016)
Who owns Navient Corp stock?
Navient Corp's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (11.00%), State Street Corp (5.55%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.75%), Credit Agricole S A (1.77%), Norges Bank (1.67%) and Janus Capital Management LLC (1.02%). Company insiders that own Navient Corp stock include Bates Ann Torre, John F Remondi, Katherine A Lehman, Mark L Heleen and William M Diefenderfer III.
Who sold Navient Corp stock? Who is selling Navient Corp stock?
Navient Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Credit Agricole S A, FMR LLC, O Shaughnessy Asset Management LLC, Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky, Numeric Investors LLC, Employees Retirement System of Texas and New York State Teachers Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold Navient Corp stock in the last year include Bates Ann Torre and William M Diefenderfer III.
Who bought Navient Corp stock? Who is buying Navient Corp stock?
Navient Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Norges Bank, Fiera Capital Corp, Janus Capital Management LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Cornell University, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP and Asset Management One Co. Ltd.. Company insiders that have bought Navient Corp stock in the last two years include John F Remondi, Katherine A Lehman and Mark L Heleen.
How do I buy Navient Corp stock?
Shares of Navient Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Navient Corp stock cost?
One share of Navient Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $13.92.
Navient Corp (NAVI) Chart for Thursday, March, 23, 2017