About PayPal Holdings
PayPal Holdings, Inc. (PayPal) is a technology platform company that enables digital and mobile payments on behalf of consumers and merchants across the world. The Company allows businesses of all sizes to accept payments from merchant Websites, mobile devices and applications, and at offline retail locations through a range of payment solutions. Its combined payment solution capabilities, including its PayPal, PayPal Credit, Braintree, Venmo and Xoom products, comprise its Payments Platform. It allows its customers to use their account to both purchase and be paid for goods, as well as transfer and withdraw funds. A consumer can typically fund a purchase using a bank account, a PayPal account balance, a PayPal Credit account, a credit or debit card or other stored value products, such as coupons and gift cards. The PayPal, Venmo, and Xoom products allow friends and family to transfer funds to each other, including cross border transfers using several of these funding sources.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Credit Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: PYPL
- Previous Close: $42.43
- 50 Day Moving Average: $41.08
- 200 Day Moving Average: $40.02
- 52-Week Range: $34.00 - $44.52
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 36.89
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 20.90
- P/E Growth: 1.49
- Market Cap: $51.23B
- Outstanding Shares: 1,207,583,000
- Beta: 0.91
- Net Margins: 12.92%
- Return on Equity: 10.69%
- Return on Assets: 4.83%
Companies Related to PayPal Holdings:
- Current Ratio: 1.52%
- Quick Ratio: 1.52%
What is PayPal Holdings' stock symbol?
PayPal Holdings trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "PYPL."
Where is PayPal Holdings' stock going? Where will PayPal Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
40 analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for PayPal Holdings' stock. Their predictions range from $24.00 to $54.00. On average, they expect PayPal Holdings' stock price to reach $45.65 in the next year.
When will PayPal Holdings announce their earnings?
PayPal Holdings is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 25th 2017.
What are analysts saying about PayPal Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about PayPal Holdings stock:
Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We believe management recognizes the drawbacks of Credit and is working toward a risk-reducing transaction. While the deal could take many forms, we think the most likely case is a JV whereby PYPL can sell a minority stake for a gain, still recognize 100% of the revenue, and take only a limited earnings hit (est -6% impact to 2018 EPS)." (2/17/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Earlier, PayPal announced the planned acquisition of TIO Networks, a Canadabased bill payment processor. The purchase price is $233M USD ($2.56 USD/ share), a 7% premium to today's closing price, with no expected impact to PYPL's guidance. We believe the acquisition is consistent with PYPL's plan to surround their core wallet with leveragable assets, and another example of strategic M&A driving increased user engagement/cross-sell." (2/15/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "PayPal is a worldwide online payments system operator. The company delivered decent fourth-quarter 2016 results, matching the Zacks Consensus Estimate on both counts. Results were driven by continued strong performance in global payments, both online and mobile. Currently, the company is riding high on partnerships and mobile centrism. PayPal’s ongoing strategic partnerships with Visa and MasterCard offer great flexibility and choice to consumers. Partnerships with Facebook, Google, and Alibaba are also delivering positive results. Venmo continues to contribute significantly to the company’s mobile payment volume. However, continuous exposure to foreign exchange and interest rate risks is a concern. Over the last one year, the stock has underperformed the Zacks Internet - Software industry." (2/1/2017)
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "PayPal delivered solid 4Q results that came in line with our and consensus estimates and were driven by robust growth in TPV and strength in key user metrics. Importantly, mgt's commentary suggests cost pressures from the rollout of the "Customer Choice" initiative are tracking within expectations with a higher-than-expected lift in engagement, which we view as a net positive for PayPal. We also view raised revenue growth for 2017 as a sign of management's growing confidence in its ability to sustain growth momentum in core registered in the last several quarters, buoyed by product extensions/introductions and partnerships. We remain constructive on PYPL and are maintaining our $48 PT." (1/23/2017)
- Wedbush analysts commented, "We are assuming coverage with an OUTPERFORM rating and $54 PT (26x consensus CY18E adj. EPS). From a 'big-picture' perspective, we point to a host of growth/scale catalysts, including explosive transaction growth in the mobile payments space, incremental revenue growth from Xoom, and the ability to monetize its popular P2P engine (Venmo). We also believe that over time, given the recent agreements with Visa and MasterCard, PayPal will be able to scale and expand margins. We believe PYPL is well positioned to post 15-20% and 10-15% in revenue and adj. EPS growth, respectively, during the next few years." (1/20/2017)
Who owns PayPal Holdings stock?
PayPal Holdings' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (4.00%), State Street Corp (3.92%), Edgewood Management LLC (1.52%), Lone Pine Capital LLC (1.04%), Brown Advisory Inc. (0.94%) and Investec Asset Management LTD (0.71%). Company insiders that own PayPal Holdings stock include Aaron Anderson, David M Moffett, Gary J Marino, James Barrese, John J Donahoe, Tomer Barel and William J Ready.
Who sold PayPal Holdings stock? Who is selling PayPal Holdings stock?
PayPal Holdings' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Marshall Wace LLP, FMR LLC, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Folger Hill Asset Management LP, Employees Retirement System of Texas, Banbury Partners LLC, Zurich Insurance Group Ltd FI and First Republic Investment Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold PayPal Holdings stock in the last year include Aaron Anderson, Gary J Marino, Tomer Barel and William J Ready.
Who bought PayPal Holdings stock? Who is buying PayPal Holdings stock?
PayPal Holdings' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Lone Pine Capital LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, TCW Group Inc., DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Alkeon Capital Management LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd. and Congress Asset Management Co. MA.
How do I buy PayPal Holdings stock?
Shares of PayPal Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of PayPal Holdings stock cost?
One share of PayPal Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $42.42.