Costamare Inc. (Costamare) is a holding company. The Company is an international owner of containerships. The Company is engaged in chartering its vessels to various liner companies. The Company provides marine transportation services around the world by chartering its container vessels to liner operators under long, medium and short-term time charters. As of March 10, 2017, the Company had a fleet of 69 containerships with a total capacity of approximately 456,000 TEU, including five newbuilds on order. The Company's fleet of vessels includes Cosco Guangzhou, Titan, Cosco Yantian, Valor, Valiant and Maersk Kobe. Its subsidiaries include Adele Shipping Co., Bastian Shipping Co., Cadence Shipping Co., Jodie Shipping Co. and Kayley Shipping Co.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Transportation
- Industry: Deep Sea Freight
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:CMRE
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.costamare.com
- Market Cap: $665.74 million
- Outstanding Shares: 105,990,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $6.75
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $6.65
- 52 Week Range: $5.07 - $9.54
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 15.69
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 8.74
- P/E Growth: -0.81
- Annual Revenue: $438.93 million
- Price / Sales: 1.52
- Book Value: $11.34 per share
- Price / Book: 0.55
- Annual Dividend: $0.40
- Dividend Yield: 6.4%
- EBIDTA: $280.04 million
- Net Margins: 12.70%
- Return on Equity: 8.94%
- Return on Assets: 3.83%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.92%
- Current Ratio: 0.94%
- Quick Ratio: 0.90%
- Average Volume: 925,111 shs.
- Beta: 2.21
- Short Ratio: 3.34
Frequently Asked Questions for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
What is Costamare's stock symbol?
Costamare trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CMRE."
How often does Costamare pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Costamare?
Costamare announced a quarterly dividend on Monday, July 3rd. Shareholders of record on Monday, July 24th will be paid a dividend of $0.10 per share on Monday, August 7th. This represents a $0.40 annualized dividend and a yield of 6.36%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, July 20th. View Costamare's Dividend History.
How were Costamare's earnings last quarter?
Costamare Inc. (NYSE:CMRE) announced its earnings results on Tuesday, July, 25th. The company reported $0.21 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.20 by $0.01. The business earned $104.10 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $104.23 million. Costamare had a net margin of 12.70% and a return on equity of 8.94%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down 12.5% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the company posted $0.44 EPS. View Costamare's Earnings History.
When will Costamare make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Costamare's stock going? Where will Costamare's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Costamare's stock. Their forecasts range from $5.50 to $13.00. On average, they expect Costamare's stock price to reach $8.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Costamare.
What are analysts saying about Costamare stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Costamare stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Costamare Inc. operates as a containership owner chartering its vessels to liner companies. The Company deploys its containership fleet principally under multi-year time charters with leading liner companies that operate regularly scheduled routes between large commercial ports. It also provides a range of shipping services, such as technical support and maintenance, insurance consulting, financial and accounting services. Costamare Inc. is headquartered in Athens, Greece. " (7/3/2017)
- 2. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "We are upgrading CMRE to Outperform (from Market Perform) as we believe its risk-reward profile is skewed to the positive, with CMRE well positioned for valuation uplift from the Container market trough, in our view. CMRE is off 63% (vs. the S&P 500 up 0.2%) over the past 18 months as the stock has faced significant downward pressure from liquidity risk, rechartering risk, counterparty risk, a dividend cut, and a soft rechartering outlook amid the containership trough. Given that significant equity downside (to 0.4x NAV), we believe CMRE is an attractive container recovery play, while we also believe the severity of its headwinds should gradually ease over time, with CMRE making a number of recent moves to reposition its intermediate-term liquidity and stabilize its balance sheet. While we remain broadly cautious around global containerized trade, we think Street expectations have generally fallen to match that outlook, with the risk/reward associated with a bottoming outlook potentially skewed to the upside, at least longer-term. We effectively think CMRE has most of its bad news priced into it at this point, and while continued pressure within its peer group or a more substantive outline for a border tax regime still linger as potential headwinds (particularly the latter), we think the longer-term recover potential outweighs them, and we reiterate our Outperform rating with a valuation range of $8-9/share." (2/13/2017)
Who are some of Costamare's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Costamare include Golden Ocean Group Limited (GOGL), Seaspan Corporation (SSW), Star Bulk Carriers Corp. (SBLK), Scorpio Bulkers (SALT), Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP), Diana Shipping inc. (DSX), Tsakos Energy Navigation Ltd (TNP), Safe Bulkers (SB), Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM), Ardmore Shipping Corporation (ASC), Danaos Corporation (DAC), StealthGas (GASS), Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS), DryShips (DRYS), Global Ship Lease (GSL), Pyxis Tankers (PXS), Euroseas (ESEA) and Diana Containerships (DCIX).
Who are Costamare's key executives?
Costamare's management team includes the folowing people:
- Konstantinos Konstantakopoulos, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Gregory Zikos, Chief Financial Officer, Director, IR Contact Officer
- Anastassios Gabrielides, General Counsel, Secretary
- Konstantinos Zacharatos, Director
- Vagn Lehd Moller, Independent Director
- Charlotte Stratos, Independent Director
Who owns Costamare stock?
Costamare's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include JPMorgan Chase & Co. (2.69%), Global X Management Co. LLC (1.54%), York Capital Management Global Advisors LLC (1.09%), Q Global Advisors LLC (0.93%), Chiron Investment Management LLC (0.88%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.90%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Costamare.
Who sold Costamare stock? Who is selling Costamare stock?
Costamare's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Boston Partners, Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, James Investment Research Inc., SG Americas Securities LLC, Numeric Investors LLC, Barnett & Company Inc., Signia Capital Management LLC and HighTower Advisors LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Costamare.
Who bought Costamare stock? Who is buying Costamare stock?
Costamare's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including JPMorgan Chase & Co., Q Global Advisors LLC, Chiron Investment Management LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Thrivent Financial For Lutherans, Acadian Asset Management LLC, Laurion Capital Management LP and Algert Global LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Costamare.
How do I buy Costamare stock?
Shares of Costamare can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Costamare's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Costamare (NYSE CMRE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Costamare and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Costamare stock can currently be purchased for approximately $6.29.
Consensus Ratings for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.43)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$8.50 (35.14% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
(Data available from 8/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/14/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$7.00||Low|
|5/1/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Upgrade||Underperform -> Neutral||$8.00||High|
|2/13/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||$9.00||N/A|
|2/7/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$5.50||N/A|
|2/1/2017||Morgan Stanley||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$7.00||N/A|
|10/5/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$12.00 -> $13.00||N/A|
|10/3/2016||Barclays PLC||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$11.00 -> $10.00||N/A|
|6/17/2016||Clarkson Capital||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
Earnings History for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)Earnings History by Quarter for Costamare (NYSE CMRE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/25/2017||6/30/2017||$0.20||$0.21||$104.23 million||$104.10 million||View||N/A|
|4/27/2017||3/31/2017||$0.21||$0.23||$103.41 million||$105.52 million||View||N/A|
|1/26/2017||Q416||$0.26||$0.28||$110.51 million||$110.13 million||View||N/A|
|10/24/2016||Q316||$0.35||$0.37||$114.20 million||$115.50 million||View||N/A|
|7/27/2016||Q2||$0.40||$0.42||$119.37 million||$117.90 million||View||N/A|
|4/20/2016||Q116||$0.39||$0.45||$121.06 million||$120.27 million||View||N/A|
|1/27/2016||Q415||$0.38||$0.44||$124.87 million||$122.28 million||View||Listen|
|10/21/2015||Q315||$0.39||$0.46||$123.61 million||$124.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2015||Q215||$0.39||$0.46||$121.39 million||$123.20 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2015||Q115||$0.31||$0.38||$119.33 million||$120.90 million||View||N/A|
|2/4/2015||Q414||$0.37||$0.41||$120.50 million||$120.86 million||View||N/A|
|10/31/2014||Q314||$0.38||$0.38||$124.70 million||$124.73 million||View||N/A|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.39||$0.48||$125.33 million||$123.50 million||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q114||$0.34||$0.35||$120.25 million||$117.50 million||View||N/A|
|1/27/2014||Q413||$0.39||$0.41||$119.46 million||$112.50 million||View||N/A|
|10/23/2013||Q313||$0.36||$0.38||$113.75 million||$110.10 million||View||N/A|
|7/24/2013||Q2 2013||$0.32||$0.37||$103.16 million||$100.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/24/2013||Q1 2013||$0.24||$0.29||$94.20 million||$94.80 million||View||N/A|
|1/23/2013||Q4 2012||$0.29||$0.32||$99.62 million||$95.20 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.83 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.72 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
|Most Recent Dividend:||8/7/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||-3.50% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||105.27% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
48.19% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
55.56% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Costamare (NYSE CMRE)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
Latest Headlines for Costamare (NYSE:CMRE)
Costamare (CMRE) Chart for Monday, August, 21, 2017