About Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK)
Deckers Outdoor Corporation is engaged in designing, marketing and distributing footwear, apparel and accessories for both everyday casual lifestyle use and high performance activities. The Company's segments include operations of its brands, such as UGG, Teva, Sanuk and other brands; wholesale divisions, and Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business, which includes E-Commerce business and retail store business. The Company sells accessories, such as handbags and loungewear, through domestic and international retailers, international distributors and directly to end user consumers both domestically and internationally, through its Websites, call centers and retail stores. The Company markets its products primarily under three brands: UGG, Teva and Sanuk. The Company's other brands include Hoka One One (Hoka), Ahnu and Koolaburra by UGG (Koolaburra). It has a total of over 150 retail stores across the world.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Trailing P/E Ratio39.66958541151
Forward P/E Ratio17.68
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.79 billion
Price / Sales1.70
Cash Flow$9.13 per share
Price / Cash10.52
Book Value$32.52 per share
Price / Book2.95
Net Income$5.71 million
Return on Equity17.72%
Return on Assets12.43%
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Deckers Outdoor's stock symbol?
Deckers Outdoor trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "DECK."
How will Deckers Outdoor's stock buyback program work?
Deckers Outdoor announced that its Board of Directors has initiated a share repurchase program on Friday, October 27th 2017, which allows the company to repurchase $335,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization allows the company to purchase shares of its stock through open market purchases. Shares repurchase programs are often an indication that the company's management believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Deckers Outdoor's earnings last quarter?
Deckers Outdoor Corp (NYSE:DECK) issued its earnings results on Thursday, February, 1st. The textile maker reported $4.97 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $3.84 by $1.13. The textile maker earned $810.50 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $748.38 million. Deckers Outdoor had a return on equity of 17.72% and a net margin of 4.17%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 6.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned $4.11 earnings per share. View Deckers Outdoor's Earnings History.
When will Deckers Outdoor make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Deckers Outdoor issued on next quarter's earnings?
Deckers Outdoor issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, February, 1st. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $5.37-5.42 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $4.33. The company issued revenue guidance of $1.873-1.878 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $1.82 billion.Deckers Outdoor also updated its Q4 guidance to $0.15-0.20 EPS.
Where is Deckers Outdoor's stock going? Where will Deckers Outdoor's stock price be in 2018?
14 brokers have issued 12-month price targets for Deckers Outdoor's stock. Their predictions range from $40.00 to $110.00. On average, they anticipate Deckers Outdoor's share price to reach $85.77 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Deckers Outdoor.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Deckers Outdoor stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Deckers Outdoor stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sturdy sales performance across UGG, HOKA ONE ONE and Teva brands enabled Deckers to deliver sturdy third-quarter fiscal 2018 results, wherein both the top and bottom lines grew year over year and surpassed expectations. Encouraging retail scenario and favorable weather conditions along with latest tax reform and improved margins as well as share repurchases also aided the results. We believe that management’s focus on enhancing omni-channel capabilities, innovative line of products and expanding brand assortments bode well for the stock, which has outpaced the industry in a year. The company’s long-term target of $2 billion sales with operating margin of 13% by fiscal 2020 also seems achievable. Following the results, management raised its fiscal 2018 view. Deckers now envisions net sales to be in the band of $1,873-$1,878 million and adjusted earnings in the range of $5.37-5.42 per share, up from $3.82 reported last year." (2/6/2018)
- 2. Pivotal Research analysts commented, "We’re modeling 3Q18 in line with guidance, but upside seems likely, given a variety of positive data points on the quarter, including better weather, full-price selling and reorders than a year ago. We also believe it’s likely that DECK raises its FY18 guidance, assuming a solid 3Q18 beat. Additionally, we like the way FY19 sets up for the company, as we expect fall 2018 UGG orders to come in nicely. Lastly, we are raising our price target from $80 to $102. For 3Q18, DECK is guiding to the following Sales of $735M-$745M. EPS of $3.65-$3.75. Sales/EPS guidance includes $29M/$0.22 pulled forward from 3Q18 to 2Q18, as well as a cautious stance on 3Q18 promotions, not that the company was experiencing any such activity at the time of the guidance." (1/30/2018)
- 3. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We remain positive on DECK heading into FQ4 results on Thursday, May 25 AMC. We are projecting EPS of -2c vs. -6c consensus. Given the activist involvement, we believe FQ4 is largely inconsequential to the stock from a sales/EPS perspective. In our opinion, the most important driver for the stock continues to be the ongoing exploration of strategic alternatives. Recall, the company last month formally announced a strategic review, which includes the possibility of a sale of the business. In our note following the announcement (link here) we estimated a fair value takeout price for DECK approximates $75/share. That said, we are not likely to get many progress updates of the strategic review until it is complete. As such, we anticipate the focus will turn to the fundamentals of the business, centered on two key factors: (1) the backlog/sales growth guidance, and (2) the expense savings initiatives. Despite challenges in the US wholesale channel, our industry checks suggest orders for UGGs could be flat to down slightly, a positive outcome in our view. We believe the new Classic line extensions (Classic 2, Slim, Luxe, Street) experienced strong sell-throughs this past winter season at w/s, boding well for orders. The bigger focus will be on the $150M in total cost savings DECK is pursuing and the potential for further margin-enhancing initiatives. We are modeling DECK to show a decline in SG&A dollar growth in F18 of $7M, which could be conservative. Overall, we believe the ongoing sale process, strengthening product line and cost savings initiatives provide ample idiosyncratic reasons to remain positive on the stock." (5/23/2017)
Who are some of Deckers Outdoor's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Deckers Outdoor include B & M EUROPEAN VAL (BMRRY), Leggett & Platt (LEG), Carter's (CRI), Pool (POOL), SJM (SJMHF), H & R Block (HRB), Madison Square Garden (MSG), International Game Technology (IGT), Columbia Sportswear (COLM), Merlin Entertainme (MERLY), Mediaset (MDIUY), Ladbrokes Coral Group (LDCOY), Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV), Metro (MTTRY), ILG (ILG), William Hill (WIMHY), The Stars Group (TSG) and Cable One (CABO).
Who are Deckers Outdoor's key executives?
Deckers Outdoor's management team includes the folowing people:
- John M. Gibbons, Chairman of the Board (Age 68)
- David A. Powers, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 51)
- Thomas A. George CPA, Chief Financial Officer (Age 61)
- Stefano Caroti, President - Omni-Channel (Age 54)
- Andrea O'Donnell, President - Fashion Lifestyle (Age 48)
- David E. Lafitte, Chief Operating Officer (Age 53)
- Karyn Odette Barsa, Independent Director (Age 56)
- Nelson C. Chan, Independent Director (Age 56)
- Michael F. Devine III, Independent Director (Age 58)
- John G. Perenchio, Independent Director (Age 62)
Who owns Deckers Outdoor stock?
Deckers Outdoor's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (10.51%),
MARCATO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP
MARCATO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP
(8.50%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (3.54%), Alliancebernstein L.P. (3.45%) and London Co. of Virginia (3.44%). Company insiders that own Deckers Outdoor stock include Andrea O'donnell, Angel R Martinez, David E Lafitte, David Powers, John G Perenchio, Karyn Odette Barsa and Thomas George. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Deckers Outdoor.
Who sold Deckers Outdoor stock? Who is selling Deckers Outdoor stock?
Deckers Outdoor's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sterling Capital Management LLC, Burgundy Asset Management Ltd., Bogle Investment Management L P DE, potrero capital research llc, Rice Hall James & Associates LLC, London Co. of Virginia, Dalton Greiner Hartman Maher & Co. and Folger Hill Asset Management LP. Company insiders that have sold Deckers Outdoor company stock in the last year include Andrea O'donnell, David E Lafitte, David Powers, Karyn Odette Barsa and Thomas George. View Insider Buying and Selling for Deckers Outdoor.
Who bought Deckers Outdoor stock? Who is buying Deckers Outdoor stock?
Deckers Outdoor's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alliancebernstein L.P., American Century Companies Inc., TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, NWQ Investment Management Company LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, APG Asset Management N.V., Tremblant Capital Group and Quantitative Investment Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Deckers Outdoor.
How do I buy Deckers Outdoor stock?
Shares of Deckers Outdoor can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Deckers Outdoor's stock price today?
One share of Deckers Outdoor stock can currently be purchased for approximately $96.00.
How big of a company is Deckers Outdoor?
Deckers Outdoor has a market capitalization of $3.04 billion and generates $1.79 billion in revenue each year. The textile maker earns $5.71 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.42 on an earnings per share basis. Deckers Outdoor employs 3,300 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Deckers Outdoor?
Deckers Outdoor's mailing address is 250 COROMAR DRIVE, GOLETA CA, 93117. The textile maker can be reached via phone at 805-967-7611 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Deckers Outdoor (DECK)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Deckers Outdoor and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Hold||Hold||Hold||Hold|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.36||2.27||2.38||2.33|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating(s)|
7 Hold Rating(s)
6 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
9 Hold Rating(s)
5 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
8 Hold Rating(s)
7 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
10 Hold Rating(s)
5 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$85.77||$73.15||$69.43||$66.31|
|Price Target Upside: ||9.62% downside||15.51% downside||1.69% downside||3.44% upside|
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Consensus Price Target History
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 2/24/2016 forward)
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE DECK) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/1/2018||Q3 2018||$3.84||$4.97||$748.38 million||$810.50 million||View||Listen|
|10/26/2017||Q2 2018||$1.02||$1.54||$440.11 million||$482.50 million||View||N/A|
|7/27/2017||Q1 2018||($1.67)||($1.28)||$178.36 million||$209.70 million||View||N/A|
|5/25/2017||Q4 17||($0.06)||$0.11||$357.71 million||$369.47 million||View||N/A|
|2/2/2017||Q317||$4.24||$4.11||$789.08 million||$760.30 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q217||$1.19||$1.23||$495.75 million||$485.90 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q117||($2.07)||($1.80)||$170.48 million||$174.40 million||View||Listen|
|5/26/2016||Q416||$0.06||$0.11||$362.54 million||$378.60 million||View||Listen|
|2/4/2016||Q316||$4.75||$4.78||$840.24 million||$795.90 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q216||$1.07||$1.11||$486.36 million||$506.20 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2015||Q116||($1.49)||($1.43)||$213.51 million||$221.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/28/2015||Q415||($0.01)||$0.04||$321.59 million||$340.60 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q315||$4.52||$4.50||$813.70 million||$787.70 million||View||Listen|
|10/23/2014||Q314||$1.01||$1.17||$457.81 million||$480.30 million||View||Listen|
|7/24/2014||Q214||($1.31)||($1.07)||$191.96 million||$211.50 million||View||Listen|
|4/24/2014||Q114||($0.15)||($0.08)||$282.13 million||$294.70 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2014||Q413||$3.77||$4.04||$711.47 million||$736.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/24/2013||Q313||$0.71||$0.95||$386.05 million||$386.70 million||View||Listen|
|7/25/2013||Q2 2013||($1.04)||($0.85)||$179.40 million||$170.10 million||View||Listen|
|4/25/2013||Q1 2013||($0.10)||$0.03||$253.12 million||$263.80 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2013||Q4 2012||$2.62||$2.77||$623.02 million||$617.30 million||View||Listen|
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Earnings Estimates
(Earnings estimates data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE DECK) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.90%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 99.56%
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE DECK) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|2/7/2018||David Powers||CEO||Sell||2,500||$95.51||$238,775.00||92,583|| |
|2/6/2018||Andrea O'donnell||Insider||Sell||2,220||$93.90||$208,458.00||17,793|| |
|2/6/2018||David E. Lafitte||COO||Sell||863||$92.97||$80,233.11|| |
|2/6/2018||Karyn Odette Barsa||Director||Sell||1,085||$93.50||$101,447.50||14,174|| |
|2/6/2018||Thomas George||CFO||Sell||7,500||$94.97||$712,275.00||41,493|| |
|8/17/2016||Angel R Martinez||Director||Sell||29,058||$67.61||$1,964,611.38||393,636|| |
|8/12/2016||John G Perenchio||Director||Sell||23,500||$67.16||$1,578,260.00||28,281|| |
|8/5/2016||David Powers||CEO||Sell||1,750||$64.17||$112,297.50||118,873|| |
|9/9/2015||Karyn Odette Barsa||Director||Sell||1,500||$62.78||$94,170.00||10,073|| |
|2/10/2015||Thomas George||CFO||Sell||2,552||$75.00||$191,400.00|| |
|9/15/2014||Karyn Odette Barsa||Director||Sell||2,400||$96.86||$232,464.00|| |
|9/12/2014||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||5,310||$99.00||$525,690.00|| |
|9/9/2014||Maureen Conners||Director||Sell||1,000||$95.66||$95,660.00|| |
|9/5/2014||John G Perenchio||Director||Sell||10,750||$95.27||$1,024,152.50|| |
|9/2/2014||Angel R Martinez||CEO||Sell||40,000||$92.84||$3,713,600.00|| |
|8/14/2014||Maureen Conners||Director||Sell||1,000||$93.59||$93,590.00|| |
|7/25/2014||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||6,000||$92.48||$554,880.00|| |
|6/6/2014||David Powers||Insider||Sell||1,041||$81.34||$84,674.94|| |
|4/1/2014||Thomas George||CFO||Sell||3,512||$80.26||$281,873.12||88,200|| |
|1/10/2014||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||7,442||$89.00||$662,338.00||111,419|| |
|1/9/2014||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||6,865||$87.88||$603,296.20||118,861|| |
|12/2/2013||Maureen Conners||Director||Sell||1,500||$84.00||$126,000.00||15,565|| |
|12/2/2013||Zohar Ziv||COO||Sell||5,000||$85.00||$425,000.00||161,477|| |
|11/25/2013||Zohar Ziv||COO||Sell||5,000||$82.50||$412,500.00||166,477|| |
|11/18/2013||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||3,000||$79.64||$238,920.00||113,076|| |
|11/5/2013||Maureen Conners||Director||Sell||1,500||$70.66||$105,990.00|| |
|10/29/2013||John G Perenchio||Director||Sell||20,300||$68.03||$1,381,009.00|| |
|10/25/2013||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||6,850||$69.00||$472,650.00|| |
|10/9/2013||Peter Worley||Insider||Sell||1,270||$61.58||$78,206.60||87,090|| |
|8/2/2013||Peter Worley||Insider||Sell||3,807||$57.00||$216,999.00||89,340|| |
|4/11/2013||Constance Rishwain||Insider||Sell||11,939||$59.11||$705,714.29|| |
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE DECK) News Headlines
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE:DECK) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Deckers Outdoor (NYSE DECK) Stock Chart for Saturday, February, 24, 2018