About LendingClub Corp (LC)
LendingClub Corporation (Lending Club) provides online marketplace to connect borrowers and investors. Consumers and small business owners borrow through Lending Club. Investors use Lending Club to earn risk-adjusted returns from an asset class that is only available on a limited basis to large institutional investors. Its technology automates aspects of operations, including the borrower application process, data gathering, credit decisioning and scoring, loan funding, investing and servicing, regulatory compliance and fraud detection. Its platform offers analytical tools and data to enable investors to make decisions and assess their portfolios. Its technology platform has allowed it to expand its offerings from personal loans to include small business loans, and to expand investor classes from individuals to institutions and create various investment vehicles. Its solution offers an online application process and provides borrowers with access to live support and online tools.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Credit Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: LC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $5.22
- 50 Day Moving Average: $5.69
- 200 Day Moving Average: $5.65
- 52-Week Range: $3.44 - $8.48
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.81
- P/E Growth: -12.14
- Market Cap: $2.08B
- Outstanding Shares: 400,157,000
- Beta: 2.09
- Net Margins: -21.75%
- Return on Equity: -6.68%
- Return on Assets: -1.18%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 4.53%
- Current Ratio: 24.27%
- Quick Ratio: 24.20%
Companies Related to LendingClub Corp:
Earnings History for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)Earnings History by Quarter for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/8/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|2/14/2017||Q416||($0.03)||($0.02)||$121.84 million||$129.20 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2016||Q316||($0.07)||($0.04)||$103.31 million||$112.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||($0.02)||($0.09)||$110.65 million||$102.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2016||Q1||$0.05||$0.05||$148.20 million||$151.30 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2016||Q415||$0.04||$0.05||$130.60 million||$134.50 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$0.02||$0.04||$107.95 million||$115.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2015||Q215||$0.02||$0.03||$91.72 million||$96.10 million||View||N/A|
|2/24/2015||Q414||$0.01||$0.01||$66.73 million||$69.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.05 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.21 EPS
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 11.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 80.27%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|2/27/2017||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||5,693||$5.66||$32,222.38|| |
|2/27/2017||Sandeep Bhandari||Insider||Sell||8,898||$5.66||$50,362.68|| |
|2/27/2017||Thomas W Casey||CFO||Sell||4,942||$5.65||$27,922.30|| |
|2/13/2017||Scott Sanborn||CEO||Sell||33,669||$6.74||$226,929.06|| |
|1/26/2017||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||6,921||$6.07||$42,010.47|| |
|1/18/2017||John Macilwaine||Insider||Sell||25,000||$5.48||$137,000.00|| |
|1/17/2017||John Macilwaine||Insider||Sell||25,000||$5.49||$137,250.00|| |
|12/27/2016||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||5,610||$5.49||$30,798.90|| |
|12/16/2016||Bradley Coleman||Insider||Sell||22,028||$5.32||$117,188.96|| |
|11/29/2016||Vii Lp Canaan||Director||Sell||933,675||$5.67||$5,293,937.25|| |
|11/28/2016||Bradley Coleman||Insider||Sell||8,546||$5.81||$49,652.26|| |
|11/28/2016||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||6,047||$5.81||$35,133.07|| |
|11/28/2016||Thomas W Casey||CFO||Sell||5,283||$5.84||$30,852.72|| |
|11/14/2016||Scott Sanborn||CEO||Sell||46,138||$6.18||$285,132.84|| |
|11/11/2016||John Macilwaine||Insider||Sell||50,000||$5.74||$287,000.00|| |
|10/26/2016||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||5,854||$4.95||$28,977.30|| |
|10/18/2016||John Macilwaine||Insider||Sell||50,000||$5.01||$250,500.00|| |
|10/17/2016||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$5.09||$127,250.00|| |
|9/26/2016||Sameer Gulati||Insider||Sell||6,105||$6.08||$37,118.40|| |
|8/29/2016||Sandeep Bhandari||Insider||Sell||9,771||$5.55||$54,229.05|| |
|8/26/2016||Bradley Coleman||Insider||Sell||1,943||$5.60||$10,880.80|| |
|8/26/2016||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||5,826||$5.60||$32,625.60|| |
|7/26/2016||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||5,489||$4.60||$25,249.40|| |
|6/27/2016||Sameer Gulati||COO||Sell||8,072||$4.29||$34,628.88|| |
|6/17/2016||Tian Qiao Chen||Major Shareholder||Buy||24,299,900||$4.01||$97,442,599.00|| |
|6/16/2016||Tian Qiao Chen||Major Shareholder||Buy||4,391,440||$4.65||$20,420,196.00|| |
|2/16/2016||John C Morris||Director||Buy||10,000||$8.04||$80,400.00|| |
|1/14/2016||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$9.11||$227,750.00|| |
|1/12/2016||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$9.33||$233,250.00|| |
|1/11/2016||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||12,500||$9.28||$116,000.00|| |
|1/6/2016||Scott Sanborn||insider||Sell||70,000||$10.30||$721,000.00|| |
|12/18/2015||Chaomei Chen||insider||Sell||75,000||$11.59||$869,250.00|| |
|12/15/2015||Lawrence Henry Summers||Director||Sell||23,421||$12.62||$295,573.02|| |
|12/7/2015||Scott Sanborn||insider||Sell||35,000||$13.16||$460,600.00|| |
|11/30/2015||Renaud Laplanche||CEO||Buy||60,000||$12.00||$720,000.00|| |
|11/16/2015||Lawrence Henry Summers||Director||Sell||23,421||$12.61||$295,338.81|| |
|11/13/2015||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$13.32||$333,000.00|| |
|11/11/2015||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$14.10||$352,500.00|| |
|11/6/2015||Scott Sanborn||insider||Sell||35,000||$14.41||$504,350.00|| |
|11/3/2015||Carrie Dolan||CFO||Sell||31,243||$15.00||$468,645.00|| |
|10/15/2015||Lawrence Henry Summers||Director||Sell||23,421||$14.53||$340,307.13|| |
|10/8/2015||Chaomei Chen||insider||Sell||75,000||$14.63||$1,097,250.00|| |
|10/6/2015||Scott Sanborn||insider||Sell||35,000||$13.84||$484,400.00|| |
|10/5/2015||Lawrence Henry Summers||Director||Sell||10,000||$14.00||$140,000.00|| |
|9/30/2015||Lawrence Henry Summers||Director||Sell||23,421||$13.29||$311,265.09|| |
|9/18/2015||Chaomei Chen||insider||Sell||75,000||$13.53||$1,014,750.00|| |
|9/15/2015||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$12.71||$317,750.00|| |
|9/14/2015||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||12,500||$12.52||$156,500.00|| |
|9/11/2015||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||25,000||$12.43||$310,750.00|| |
|9/8/2015||Scott Sanborn||insider||Sell||35,000||$12.36||$432,600.00|| |
|8/20/2015||Renaud Laplanche||CEO||Buy||50,000||$12.55||$627,500.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Chaomei Chen||insider||Sell||75,000||$13.31||$998,250.00|| |
|7/8/2015||Chaomei Chen||Insider||Sell||150,000||$14.20||$2,130,000.00|| |
|6/18/2015||John Macilwaine||CTO||Sell||7,000||$17.01||$119,070.00|| |
|6/9/2015||Rebecca Lynn||Director||Sell||450,000||$16.91||$7,609,500.00|| |
|12/16/2014||Carrie Dolan||CFO||Buy||7,500||$15.00||$112,500.00|| |
|12/16/2014||John C Morris||Director||Buy||12,500||$15.00||$187,500.00|| |
|12/16/2014||John Macilwaine||CTO||Buy||20,000||$15.00||$300,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
Latest Headlines for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
Frequently Asked Questions for LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC)
What is LendingClub Corp's stock symbol?
LendingClub Corp trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "LC."
How were LendingClub Corp's earnings last quarter?
LendingClub Corp (NYSE:LC) released its earnings results on Tuesday, February, 14th. The company reported ($0.02) earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.03) by $0.01. The company had revenue of $129.20 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $121.84 million. LendingClub Corp had a negative return on equity of 6.68% and a negative net margin of 21.75%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 3.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $0.05 EPS.
When will LendingClub Corp make its next earnings announcement?
LendingClub Corp is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 8th 2017.
Where is LendingClub Corp's stock going? Where will LendingClub Corp's stock price be in 2017?
20 analysts have issued 1 year target prices for LendingClub Corp's shares. Their predictions range from $3.00 to $9.00. On average, they anticipate LendingClub Corp's share price to reach $5.96 in the next twelve months.
What are analysts saying about LendingClub Corp stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about LendingClub Corp stock:
- 1. Wedbush analysts commented, "While we will be surprised if LC produces the sort of revenue and origination growth assumed by more bullish proponents of the stock, management has made a very good case in their recent meetings with us and other investors that they have a plan for enhancing the breadth of the marketplace and growing volumes. Reflecting this, we are stepping forward with a 2019 estimate and refocusing our price target methodology on simply 2019E adjusted EBITDA. Based on this, we are increasing our price target from $4.50 to $5.00 and upgrading our rating from UNDERPERFORM to NEUTRAL." (3/22/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "LendingClub Corporation provides internet financial services. The Company offers online marketplace for loan approval, pricing, servicing and support operations as well as regulatory and legal framework which connects borrowers and investors. LendingClub Corporation is headquartered in San Francisco, California. " (1/11/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We reiterate our Market Perform rating and $4 price target on LC following 2Q16 results. Several unusual items (severance, increased incentives, strategic review costs, etc.) negatively impacted both 2Q16 results and the outlook, although origination volume was slightly better than expected. LC reduced its contribution margin target to something in the mid-40%s from 50% given higher customer acquisition cost. LC did not provide an update on its long-term EBITDA guidance, but it is difficult to see how LC can get to the same level with a lower contribution margin. Given the drop in originations, LC reduced some staff, but adjusted EBITDA is and will remain negative (despite the add back of significant stock comp expense) and we would like to see more focus on profitability, especially as originations are falling. LC also announced the company’s CFO has resigned." (8/9/2016)
- 4. Macquarie analysts commented, "For a 'pure-play' marketplace like LC, investor trust is particularly paramount," Macquarie analyst Tom White stated. But, the San Francisco, California-based online lender has lost investor confidence after the shock resignation of its co-founder, chairman and CEO Renaud Laplanche due to improper loan sales and personal investment disclosures."We can't be entirely certain that these are the only isolated issues at LC, but the Board's rapid/decisive action, coupled with LC's deep executive bench, the scale of its marketplace, and it's still generally solid loan performance, gives LC a good shot at eventually restoring the trust/participation of its platform investors," White wrote.Related Link: Post LendingClub, Other Online Leaders Under NY Regulatory Radar"Forcing out such a popular, high-profile, and evangelical leader like Laplanche shows that LC takes the issue of marketplace integrity/trust very seriously," White continued.Typically, the company doesn't hold loans on its balance sheet. The company generates about 82 percent of its revenues from transaction fees, matching borrowers or matching investors.Meanwhile, following the controversial departure of Laplanche, some institutional investors have paused their LC loan buying programs, White noted.LendingClub's Performance"LendingClub has cut marketing spend to slow top-of-the-funnel traffic to its site," White stated. At the same time, it tries to win back investors to its platform with lower servicing fees that in turn will aggravate its near-term revenue hurdles."LC will re-ramp marketing/originations once investors return, but it remains unclear how long platform investors may pause. All of this points to a likely messy/disappointing 2Q, and uncertain balance of 2016," White said.On the regulatory probe, the analyst said near-term regulatory noise is likely, and he expects more industry oversight in general in the coming years.Related Link: Is LendingClub Ruining Fintech's Future?"That said, the fact that LC's core installment loans for 660–720+ FICO borrowers typically provide cost savings (average APR at 14 percent) relative to alternatives like credit cards (and may help improve credit scores) should make LC less of a target," White noted.The analyst highlighted that LendingClub revenues are" disproportionately tied to originations, but related contribution expenses account for about 60 percent of LC's cost base and are about 75 percent variable." Looking Forward"LC may look to ramp retail investor marketing if institutional capital stays on the sidelines, but LC has been able to maintain high-40 percent contribution margins at significantly lower originations levels historically. Tech, G&A spend is also more discretionary, offering some EBITDA margin flexibility in a downturn," White said.White expects revenue and EBITDA growth in 2016 of 48 percent to $629 million and 35 percent to $94 million."Given the lack of current visibility around investor participation in LC's marketplace, visibility around potential origination and revenue growth outcomes for LC in the near-term is very limited," (5/26/2016)
Are investors shorting LendingClub Corp?
LendingClub Corp saw a increase in short interest during the month of February. As of February 28th, there was short interest totalling 53,541,261 shares, an increase of 2.1% from the February 15th total of 52,456,458 shares. Based on an average trading volume of 8,390,757 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 6.4 days.
When did LendingClub Corp IPO?
(LC) raised $635 million in an IPO on Thursday, December 11th 2014. The company issued 57,700,000 shares at a price of $10.00-$12.00 per share. Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse and Citigroup acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Allen & Company, Stifel, BMO Capital Markets, William Blair and Wells Fargo Securities were co-managers.
Who owns LendingClub Corp stock?
LendingClub Corp's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Sands Capital Management LLC (7.42%), Norwest Venture Partners X L P (3.25%), Fred Alger Management Inc. (3.16%), State Street Corp (1.51%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.55%) and Harbourvest Partners LLC (0.48%). Company insiders that own LendingClub Corp stock include Bradley Coleman, Carrie Dolan, Chaomei Chen, John C Morris, John Macilwaine, Lawrence Henry Summers, Rebecca Lynn, Renaud Laplanche, Sameer Gulati, Sandeep Bhandari, Scott Sanborn, Thomas W Casey, Tian Qiao Chen and Vii Lp Canaan.
Who sold LendingClub Corp stock? Who is selling LendingClub Corp stock?
LendingClub Corp's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sands Capital Management LLC, Public Sector Pension Investment Board, Bingham Osborn & Scarborough LLC, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI, Pitcairn Co. and Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. NY. Company insiders that have sold LendingClub Corp stock in the last year include Bradley Coleman, John Macilwaine, Sameer Gulati, Sandeep Bhandari, Scott Sanborn, Thomas W Casey and Vii Lp Canaan.
Who bought LendingClub Corp stock? Who is buying LendingClub Corp stock?
LendingClub Corp's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fred Alger Management Inc., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, ARK Investment Management LLC, Harbourvest Partners LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, River & Mercantile Asset Management LLP, Royce & Associates LP and Artemis Investment Management LLP. Company insiders that have bought LendingClub Corp stock in the last two years include John C Morris, Renaud Laplanche and Tian Qiao Chen.
How do I buy LendingClub Corp stock?
Shares of LendingClub Corp can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of LendingClub Corp stock cost?
One share of LendingClub Corp stock can currently be purchased for approximately $5.21.
LendingClub Corp (LC) Chart for Thursday, March, 23, 2017