Ambarella, Inc. offers semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD), video capture, sharing and display. The Company operates through the development and sale of low-power, high-definition video products segment. Its system-on-a-chip designs incorporate HD video processing, image processing, audio processing and system functions onto a single chip. In the camera market, its platform enables the creation of video content in wearable cameras, automotive aftermarket cameras, professional and consumer Internet Protocol (IP), security cameras, telepresence cameras and unmanned aerial vehicles. In the infrastructure market, its solutions manage IP video traffic, broadcast encoding and transcoding, and IP video delivery applications. AmbaClear is its image signal processing architecture. AmbaCast is its HD video processing architecture. It offers the MotorVu 3D 360 degrees Surround View reference design for automotive original equipment manufacturer market.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductor Equipment & Materials
- Sub-Industry: Semiconductors
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMBA
- CUSIP: G037AX10
- Previous Close: $57.03
- 50 Day Moving Average: $52.71
- 200 Day Moving Average: $60.22
- 52-Week Range: $33,112,000.00 - $35.26
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 45.11
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 20.75
- P/E Growth: 1.27
- Market Cap: $1.94B
- Outstanding Shares: 33,112,000
- Beta: 1.51
- Net Margins: 15.32%
- Return on Equity: 13.28%
- Return on Assets: 11.63%
Companies Related to Ambarella:
- Current Ratio: 7.37%
- Quick Ratio: 6.98%
What is Ambarella's stock symbol?
Ambarella trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMBA."
Where is Ambarella's stock going? Where will Ambarella's stock price be in 2017?
15 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Ambarella's shares. Their predictions range from $43.00 to $82.00. On average, they expect Ambarella's stock price to reach $66.75 in the next twelve months.
When will Ambarella announce their earnings?
Ambarella is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, March, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about Ambarella stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Ambarella stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Ambarella, Inc. develops video compression and image processing semiconductors. The Company's products are used in digital still cameras, digital camcorders, and video-enabled mobile phones. Ambarella sells its solutions to original design manufacturers and original equipment manufacturers. Its technology is also used in television broadcasting infrastructure systems. Ambarella, Inc. is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. " (2/22/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We expect Ambarella to turn in a beat and raise earnings report on Tuesday, 2/28/17. We expect Ambarella to report 4QFY17 revenue to the high end of guidance for $84mn-$87mn. Based on our industry checks, certain drone production issues were resolved during the January quarter. Also, SONY's CMOS sensor production constraints for high performance cameras have returned to full production capacity. We have pulled forward drone-related revenue from the 1QFY18 to 4QFY17. Additionally we reduced our expectations for 4K video broadband infrastructure build out though our estimates remain above consensus. What we believe will be most important during this quarter's report is management's commentary on its Computer Vision (CV) SoC progress. We see CV as transforming Ambarella from a video SoC player that has enabled many new video applications to a leader in artificial intelligence for security and wearable cameras, drones and automobiles. We continue recommending the AMBA shares for its growth in video markets and artificial intelligence future." (2/21/2017)
Pacific Crest analysts commented, "We are lowering revenue estimates slightly but our EPS is unchanged on better gross margin." (9/2/2016)
Who owns Ambarella stock?
Ambarella's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (1.64%), Pinnacle Associates Ltd. (1.42%), Allianz Asset Management AG (1.12%), FMR LLC (0.85%), Handelsbanken Fonder AB (0.50%) and Telemark Asset Management LLC (0.45%). Company insiders that own Ambarella stock include Chenming Hu, Christopher B Paisley, Christopher Day, Feng-Ming Wang, George Laplante, Leslie Kohn, Lip Bu Tan and Yun-Lung Chen.
Who sold Ambarella stock? Who is selling Ambarella stock?
Ambarella's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Pinnacle Associates Ltd., Putnam Investments LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, AQR Capital Management LLC, Keybank National Association OH, Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. and State Board of Administration of Florida Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold Ambarella stock in the last year include Christopher B Paisley, Christopher Day, Feng-Ming Wang, George Laplante, Leslie Kohn and Yun-Lung Chen.
Who bought Ambarella stock? Who is buying Ambarella stock?
Ambarella's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Telemark Asset Management LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG, Cortina Asset Management LLC, State Street Corp, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Seven Eight Capital LP, Polianta Ltd and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
How do I buy Ambarella stock?
Shares of Ambarella can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Ambarella stock cost?
One share of Ambarella stock can currently be purchased for approximately $58.73.