About CommVault Systems
CommVault Systems, Inc. (CommVault) is a provider of data and information management software applications and related services. The Company develops, markets and sells a suite of software applications and services, primarily in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia, that provides its customers with data protection solutions supporting all operating systems, applications, and databases on virtual and physical servers, Network Attached Storage (NAS) shares, cloud-based infrastructures, and mobile devices; management through a single console; multiple protection methods, including backup and archive, snapshot management, replication, and content indexing for eDiscovery; storage management using deduplication for disk, tape and cloud; integration with the storage arrays; complete virtual infrastructure management supporting multiple hypervisors; security capabilities to limit access to critical data, and policy-based data management.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Application Software
- Sub-Industry: Systems Software
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CVLT
- CUSIP: 20416610
- Previous Close: $50.45
- 50 Day Moving Average: $51.94
- 200 Day Moving Average: $52.78
- 52-Week Range: $45,079,000.00 - $37.17
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 800.79
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 45.04
- P/E Growth: 2.56
- Market Cap: $2.27B
- Outstanding Shares: 45,079,000
- Beta: 1.46
- Net Margins: 0.49%
- Return on Equity: -0.53%
- Return on Assets: -0.30%
Companies Related to CommVault Systems:
- Current Ratio: 2.13%
- Quick Ratio: 2.13%
What is CommVault Systems' stock symbol?
CommVault Systems trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CVLT."
Where is CommVault Systems' stock going? Where will CommVault Systems' stock price be in 2017?
12 brokerages have issued 1 year target prices for CommVault Systems' stock. Their predictions range from $40.00 to $68.00. On average, they expect CommVault Systems' stock price to reach $57.27 in the next twelve months.
When will CommVault Systems announce their earnings?
CommVault Systems is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about CommVault Systems stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about CommVault Systems stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "CommVault provides Unified Data Management solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. The CommVault QiNetix platform, based on CommVault's Common Technology Engine, integrates Galaxy backup and recovery, snapshot management and recovery, remote replication, active data migration and archiving, e-mail compliance, enterprise service level management and reporting and storage resource management software solutions. The QiNetix unified approach is designed to allow customers to add integrate QiNetix components, at a fraction of the time, effort and money required by separate point products. " (1/31/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Although Commvault's F2018 EBIT margin (%) outlook results in downward / tempered earnings est., and we think the implied slower billings growth will be a focus (guide implies +4% y/y in F4Q17), we continue to believe the following as positive: 1.) Continued positive funnel / pipeline commentary; we believe Commvault's views F4Q17 license rev. est. are reasonable factors in conservative funnel closure rates on expanding large deal opportunities, 2.) Commvault's competitive positioning and asset scarcity value (hybrid/scalable unified data mgmt; indexing capabilities) - +600 new customers = strongest seq. add since Dec '12 qtr; company to intro significant new product enhancements in early-February, 3.) cloud momentum: PBs managed in public cloud +250% y/y; Microsoft Azure, AWS, and forthcoming Oracle relationship remain positives; 4.) expanding adjacent opportunity expansion + distribution partnerships (Microsoft, Amazon, Oracle, Cisco, global SIs etc.). While we reduce our F2018 estimates from $702.5M/$1.40 (previously 15.5% EBIT%) to $697.7M/$1.14 (now 12.7% EBIT%), our F2019 estimates are relatively unchanged at $780.3M/$1.50. We continue to believe Commvault can return to 15%+ top-line growth w/ a +20% EBIT% (now modeled exiting F2019)." (1/25/2017)
Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We rate the shares of Automatic Data Processing Inc. (NYSE: ADP) as a BUY with a target price of $98, up from $96. The company has a tremendous record of growing its dividend, which currently yields about 2.4%, and has raised its payout for 41 consecutive years. In an environment of low-but-rising interest rates, this is an attractive feature. ADP also has one of the strongest balance sheets in U.S. business. Management continues to focus on providing high-quality – and now "cloud-based" – Human Capital Management (HCM) services to customers, which should help to drive growth as the economy recovers. Lately, ADP has moved beyond some critical inflection points in its business, and growth is picking up, along with the nation’s nonfarm payrolls." (5/3/2016)
Who owns CommVault Systems stock?
CommVault Systems' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (3.00%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (2.72%), Cortina Asset Management LLC (1.74%), Champlain Investment Partners LLC (1.63%), Alyeska Investment Group L.P. (1.20%) and Ardevora Asset Management LLP (1.15%). Company insiders that own CommVault Systems stock include Al Bunte, Armando Geday, Brian Carolan, David F Walker, Gary B Smith, Gary Merrill, N Robert Hammer and Ronald L Miiller.
Who sold CommVault Systems stock? Who is selling CommVault Systems stock?
CommVault Systems' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Calamos Advisors LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Oxford Asset Management, Cortina Asset Management LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Employees Retirement System of Texas, Castleark Management LLC and Champlain Investment Partners LLC. Company insiders that have sold CommVault Systems stock in the last year include Al Bunte, Armando Geday, Brian Carolan, Gary B Smith, Gary Merrill and Ronald L Miiller.
Who bought CommVault Systems stock? Who is buying CommVault Systems stock?
CommVault Systems' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ardevora Asset Management LLP, Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Silvercrest Asset Management Group LLC, Guggenheim Capital LLC and Unterberg Capital LLC.
How do I buy CommVault Systems stock?
Shares of CommVault Systems can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of CommVault Systems stock cost?
One share of CommVault Systems stock can currently be purchased for approximately $50.45.