About 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
3D Systems Corporation is a holding company. The Company provides three-dimensional (3D) printing solutions, including 3D printers, print materials, software, on demand manufacturing services and digital design tools. Its precision healthcare capabilities include simulation, Virtual Surgical Planning (VSP), and printing of medical and dental devices and surgical guides and instruments. Its solutions support applications in a range of industries, including healthcare, aerospace, automotive and durable goods. The Company offers a range of 3D printers, print materials, software, haptic devices, scanners and virtual surgical simulators. The Company offers a range of 3D printing technologies, including Stereolithography (SLA), Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Direct Metal Printing (DMP), MultiJet Printing (MJP) and ColorJet Printing (CJP). The Company also offers 3D virtual reality simulators and simulator modules for medical applications.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Consumer Document Management
- Sub-Industry: Computer Hardware
- Symbol: NYSE:DDD
- CUSIP: 88554D20
- Web: www.3dsystems.com
- Market Cap: $1.37 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 113,800,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.07
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $16.37
- 52 Week Range: $11.38 - $23.70
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 21.43
- P/E Growth: 2.61
- Annual Revenue: $638.2 million
- Price / Sales: 2.14
- Book Value: $5.69 per share
- Price / Book: 2.11
- EBITDA: $32.54 million
- Net Margins: -5.39%
- Return on Equity: 1.69%
- Return on Assets: 1.25%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.01%
- Current Ratio: 2.93%
- Quick Ratio: 2.14%
- Average Volume: 2.36 million shs.
- Beta: 1.35
- Short Ratio: 9.24
Frequently Asked Questions for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
What is 3D Systems Corporation's stock symbol?
3D Systems Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "DDD."
How were 3D Systems Corporation's earnings last quarter?
3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.08 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.12 by $0.04. The company earned $159.47 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $163.01 million. 3D Systems Corporation had a negative net margin of 5.39% and a positive return on equity of 1.69%. 3D Systems Corporation's revenue for the quarter was up .9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.12 earnings per share. View 3D Systems Corporation's Earnings History.
When will 3D Systems Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has 3D Systems Corporation issued on next quarter's earnings?
3D Systems Corporation issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company provided EPS guidance of approx $0.46 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $0.51. The company issued revenue guidance of $643-671 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $660.69 million.
Where is 3D Systems Corporation's stock going? Where will 3D Systems Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
14 brokerages have issued 1-year price targets for 3D Systems Corporation's stock. Their forecasts range from $13.00 to $21.00. On average, they expect 3D Systems Corporation's share price to reach $16.09 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for 3D Systems Corporation.
What are analysts saying about 3D Systems Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about 3D Systems Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Over the past six months, 3D Systems’ shares have grossly underperformed the industry average. The company also has an extremely volatile earnings history, oscillating between strong beats and huge misses in the trailing four quarters. Adverse macroeconomic factors, such as slowdown, currency fluctuations and commodity prices, hurt the company’s performance. Escalating IT and go-to-market expenses remain headwinds, going forward. Nevertheless, its diverse technology portfolio enables it to offset weaknesses associated with a single product line. Going forward, strong demand for production printers, materials and software, as well as healthcare solutions will likely act as major catalysts for growth.We also believe the acquisition of Vertex-Global Holding B.V will unlock multiple opportunities for the billion-dollar digital dentistry space." (10/4/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "DDD shares continue to be fairly valued, in our opinion, although the longer-term opportunity set is beginning to come into clearer view, and recent cost-savings initiatives have proven beneficial to the P&L. We believe that 3D Systems can take a leading role in bringing additive manufacturing into multiple industry spaces with the modular and scalable Figure 4 platform. We think that the company is actively working with customers to bring the platform to market but that larger- capacity industries—such as major industrial OEMs—are likely to have a greater lead time than some of the lower-volume potential customers with which 3D is working (it has cited dental labs as an example). Meanwhile, cost initiatives are playing out, but soft spots remain in the quarter-to-quarter revenue stream: Printer revenue was down 4% YOY in 1Q17 due to weaker professional system numbers, and although the revenue decline has slowed relative to previous quarters, on-demand manufacturing services revenue was a 6% YOY decline. Generally speaking, we think that management’s vertical-focused strategy is a good one, but we are held back by nearer-term valuation and certain soft spots in growth." (5/5/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "3D Systems reported another revenue miss but showed good progress in its cost reduction effort. 2017 revenue growth guidance of ~5% was also somewhat disappointing. While we found commentary from management regarding an imminent inflection in manufacturing-driven revenue encouraging, we remain on the sidelines until we have more confidence that the DDD can re-accelerate growth." (3/1/2017)
- 4. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Q4 revenues, released prior to the market open today, declined 10% y/o/y, which was weaker than expected, although lower op-ex enabled DDD to meet our non-GAAP EPS estimate and modestly exceed consensus. Ongoing weakness in the core prototyping market contributed to y/o/y declines in product revenue, materials, and service for the quarter. Mgmt provided annual guidance, with revenues expected to be up 2%-8%, driven in part by new products and growth in the health care vertical, while non-GAAP EPS are forecast to be slightly above consensus. While we are encouraged by the gradual improvement in the company's financials since the new management team has taken over at DDD, given the challenging demand environment, we are maintaining our Hold rating." (2/28/2017)
Who are some of 3D Systems Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to 3D Systems Corporation include CommVault Systems (CVLT), Pitney Bowes (PBI), Paylocity Holding Corporation (PCTY), Sohu.com (SOHU), Finisar Corporation (FNSR), InterDigital (IDCC), Trivago N.V. ADS (TRVG), The Trade Desk (TTD), Zte Corp. (ZTCOY), Amkor Technology (AMKR), Semtech Corporation (SMTC), Rogers Corporation (ROG), Mercury Systems (MRCY), FIH Mobile (FXCNY), Inovalon Holdings (INOV), Watts Water Technologies (WTS), Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) and TiVo Corporation (TIVO).
Who are 3D Systems Corporation's key executives?
3D Systems Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- G. Walter Loewenbaum II, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Vyomesh I. Joshi, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- John N. McMullen, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Kevin P. McAlea Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer - Healthcare
- Charles W. Hull, Chief Technology Officer, Executive Vice President, Director
- Andrew M. Johnson, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer
- John J. Tracy, Director
- William Edward Curran, Independent Director
- Thomas W. Erickson, Independent Director
- William David Humes, Independent Director
Who owns 3D Systems Corporation stock?
3D Systems Corporation's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.08%) and Private Asset Management Inc. (0.00%). Company insiders that own 3D Systems Corporation stock include Andrew Martin Johnson, G Walter Loewenbaum II, Kevin Mcalea and Vyomesh Joshi. View Institutional Ownership Trends for 3D Systems Corporation.
Who sold 3D Systems Corporation stock? Who is selling 3D Systems Corporation stock?
3D Systems Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Private Asset Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold 3D Systems Corporation stock in the last year include Andrew Martin Johnson, G Walter Loewenbaum II and Kevin Mcalea. View Insider Buying and Selling for 3D Systems Corporation.
Who bought 3D Systems Corporation stock? Who is buying 3D Systems Corporation stock?
3D Systems Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Mutual of America Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought 3D Systems Corporation stock in the last two years include G Walter Loewenbaum II and Vyomesh Joshi. View Insider Buying and Selling for 3D Systems Corporation.
How do I buy 3D Systems Corporation stock?
Shares of 3D Systems Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is 3D Systems Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE DDD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about 3D Systems Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of 3D Systems Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.00.
Consensus Ratings for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 12 Hold Ratings, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$16.09 (34.09% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
Analysts' Ratings History for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/4/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$15.00||High|
|10/3/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$17.00||High|
|8/9/2017||Loop Capital||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$15.00||Medium|
|8/9/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$16.00 -> $15.00||Medium|
|8/4/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Underweight -> Neutral||$13.00||Medium|
|7/13/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$16.00||Medium|
|7/3/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Underweight||$14.00||Low|
|6/26/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$15.00 -> $18.00||Medium|
|5/26/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$15.00||Low|
|5/15/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$18.00||N/A|
|2/28/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|12/14/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/4/2016||Gabelli||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$21.00||N/A|
|9/13/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Set Price Target||Buy||$25.00||N/A|
|9/13/2016||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|5/7/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$15.00 -> $12.00||N/A|
|3/4/2016||Longbow Research||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||N/A|
|12/21/2015||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
Earnings History for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)Earnings History by Quarter for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE DDD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||6/30/2017||$0.12||$0.08||$163.01 million||$159.47 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2017||Q416||$0.13||$0.15||$176.76 million||$165.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$0.09||$0.14||$160.16 million||$156.36 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$0.06||$0.12||$161.01 million||$158.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$0.05||$0.05||$156.30 million||$152.60 million||View||N/A|
|3/14/2016||Q415||$0.03||$0.19||$166.38 million||$183.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.07||$0.01||$184.59 million||$151.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.03||($0.02)||$173.90 million||$170.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||($0.02)||$0.05||$161.78 million||$160.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$0.20||$0.13||$203.09 million||$187.40 million||View||N/A|
|11/10/2014||Q314||$0.15||$0.18||$167.71 million||$166.90 million||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$0.18||$0.16||$162.30 million||$151.50 million||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q114||$0.15||$0.15||$145.50 million||$147.76 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2014||Q413||$0.20||$0.19||$154.98 million||$154.80 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2013||Q313||$0.26||$0.26||$132.04 million||$135.70 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2013||Q2 2013||$0.24||$0.20||$114.63 million||$120.50 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2013||Q1 2013||$0.21||$0.21||$101.61 million||$102.10 million||View||Listen|
|2/25/2013||Q4 2012||$0.38||$0.39||$103.86 million||$101.60 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.41
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.54
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.00%Insider Trades by Quarter for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 56.67%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/8/2017||Vyomesh Joshi||Insider||Buy||15,400||$12.96||$199,584.00|| |
|6/8/2017||Andrew Martin Johnson||EVP||Sell||10,000||$21.19||$211,900.00|| |
|6/1/2017||Kevin Mcalea||COO||Sell||17,500||$20.63||$361,025.00|| |
|5/30/2017||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||25,000||$21.50||$537,500.00|| |
|5/23/2017||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||25,000||$22.29||$557,250.00|| |
|5/19/2017||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||25,000||$22.15||$553,750.00|| |
|3/8/2017||Andrew Martin Johnson||EVP||Sell||4,000||$14.70||$58,800.00|| |
|5/12/2016||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Buy||20,000||$12.08||$241,600.00|| |
|12/2/2015||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Buy||10,000||$8.92||$89,200.00|| |
|12/1/2015||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Buy||10,500||$8.91||$93,555.00|| |
|11/30/2015||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Buy||30,000||$9.10||$273,000.00|| |
|9/9/2015||Andrew Martin Johnson||EVP||Sell||8,000||$13.34||$106,720.00|| |
|8/19/2015||Kevin S Moore||Director||Buy||6,000||$12.94||$77,640.00|| |
|5/15/2015||Abraham N Reichental||CEO||Buy||5,000||$21.71||$108,550.00|| |
|5/8/2015||Abraham N Reichental||CEO||Buy||5,000||$22.18||$110,900.00|| |
|3/2/2015||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||40,000||$30.11||$1,204,400.00|| |
|11/28/2014||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Buy||5,000||$35.23||$176,150.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||10,000||$36.05||$360,500.00|| |
|11/19/2014||Kevin S Moore||Director||Buy||5,000||$35.98||$179,900.00|| |
|11/14/2014||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Buy||26,479||$33.28||$881,221.12|| |
|9/15/2014||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||7,500||$49.65||$372,375.00|| |
|8/29/2014||Abraham N Reichental||CEO||Sell||52,300||$53.20||$2,782,360.00|| |
|8/27/2014||Damon Joseph Gregoire||CFO||Sell||50,000||$52.72||$2,636,000.00|| |
|8/26/2014||Andrew Martin Johnson||VP||Sell||5,000||$51.16||$255,800.00|| |
|8/18/2014||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||7,500||$49.07||$368,025.00|| |
|7/21/2014||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||7,500||$56.54||$424,050.00|| |
|6/16/2014||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||7,500||$50.41||$378,075.00|| |
|5/19/2014||Charles Hull||EVP||Sell||7,500||$48.78||$365,850.00|| |
|5/7/2014||Damon Joseph Gregoire||CFO||Sell||22,500||$49.00||$1,102,500.00|| |
|3/14/2014||Abraham Reichental||CEO||Sell||66,700||$60.11||$4,009,337.00|| |
|3/14/2014||Andrew Martin Johnson||VP||Sell||1,500||$60.86||$91,290.00|| |
|3/13/2014||Cathy Lewis||VP||Sell||6,000||$62.53||$375,180.00|| |
|3/5/2014||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||50,000||$71.45||$3,572,500.00|| |
|12/13/2013||Abraham Reichental||CEO||Sell||25,000||$80.91||$2,022,750.00|| |
|11/11/2013||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||80,000||$76.56||$6,124,800.00|| |
|11/5/2013||Kevin Moore||Director||Sell||15,000||$68.44||$1,026,600.00|| |
|8/26/2013||Andrew Martin Johnson||VP||Sell||4,000||$50.00||$200,000.00|| |
|8/13/2013||Kevin Mcalea||VP||Sell||30,000||$49.58||$1,487,400.00|| |
|5/17/2013||Riper Daniel S Van||Director||Sell||17,220||$45.80||$788,676.00|| |
|5/15/2013||Abraham N Reichental||CEO||Sell||400,000||$40.00||$16,000,000.00|| |
|5/15/2013||Damon Joseph Gregoire||CFO||Sell||45,000||$40.00||$1,800,000.00|| |
|5/15/2013||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||800,000||$40.00||$32,000,000.00|| |
|3/13/2013||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||15,000||$32.20||$483,000.00|| |
|9/4/2012||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||37,500||$43.82||$1,643,250.00|| |
|8/10/2012||Charles W Hull||EVP||Sell||6,383||$39.80||$254,043.40|| |
|8/10/2012||G Walter Loewenbaum II||Director||Sell||45,000||$39.93||$1,796,850.00|| |
Headline Trends for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
Latest Headlines for 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD)
Loading headlines, please wait.
3D Systems Corporation (DDD) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017