Comtech Telecommunications Corp. designs, develops, produces and markets products, systems and services for communications solutions. The Company operates through two segments: Commercial Solutions and Government Solutions. It offers communications solutions, including command and control technologies, safety and security technologies and enterprise technologies. Its Commercial Solutions segment provides satellite communications (such as satellite earth station modems and traveling wave tube amplifiers), public safety systems (such as next generation 911 technologies) and enterprise application technologies (such as messaging and trusted location-based technologies). The Government Solutions segment includes command and control technologies, troposcatter technologies, and radio frequency power and switching technologies. It serves system and network suppliers in the global satellite, defense, broadcast and aerospace industries, and the United States federal government, among others.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Communication Equipment
- Sub-Industry: Communications Equipment
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CMTL
- CUSIP: 20582620
- Web: www.comtechtel.com
- Market Cap: $339.87 million
- Outstanding Shares: 23,553,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $14.04
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $12.48
- 52 Week Range: $9.52 - $23.97
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 32.07
- P/E Growth: 1.37
- Annual Revenue: $551.38 million
- Price / Sales: 0.62
- Book Value: $19.81 per share
- Price / Book: 0.73
- Annual Dividend: $0.40
- Dividend Yield: 2.8%
- EBIDTA: $50.48 million
- Net Margins: -2.42%
- Return on Equity: 0.32%
- Return on Assets: 0.17%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.52%
- Current Ratio: 1.65%
- Quick Ratio: 1.22%
- Average Volume: 317,314 shs.
- Beta: 1.87
- Short Ratio: 2.48
Frequently Asked Questions for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
What is Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock symbol?
Comtech Telecomm. Corp. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CMTL."
How often does Comtech Telecomm. Corp. pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Comtech Telecomm. Corp.?
Comtech Telecomm. Corp. announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, March 8th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, April 19th will be paid a dividend of $0.10 per share on Friday, May 19th. This represents a $0.40 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.77%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, April 17th. View Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s Dividend History.
How were Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s earnings last quarter?
Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, March, 8th. The company reported $0.01 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.11) by $0.12. The business had revenue of $139 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $136.03 million. Comtech Telecomm. Corp. had a negative net margin of 2.42% and a positive return on equity of 0.32%. Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s revenue for the quarter was up 97.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted $0.25 earnings per share. View Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s Earnings History.
When will Comtech Telecomm. Corp. make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock going? Where will Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock price be in 2017?
6 brokers have issued twelve-month target prices for Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock. Their forecasts range from $11.75 to $20.00. On average, they expect Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock price to reach $16.46 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Comtech Telecomm. Corp..
What are analysts saying about Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Comtech Telecommunications Corp. designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. The Company believes many of its solutions play a vital role in providing or enhancing communication capabilities when terrestrial communications infrastructure is unavailable or ineffective. The Company conducts business through three complementary segments: telecommunications transmission, mobile data communications and RF microwave amplifiers. The Company sells products to a diverse customer base in the global commercial and government communications markets. The Company believes it is a market leader in the market segments that it serves. " (2/16/2017)
- 2. Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services analysts commented, "The company has multiple opportunities for faster growth. Many of CMTL's lines of business have an opportunity to realize accelerated revenue growth. The company's wireless back-haul solutions should benefit from the roughly 100 high-throughput satellites being launched over the next decade," analyst Glenn Mattson wrote in a note.Related Link: Comtech Telecommunications Granted $45 Million Contract To Provide Statewide ESInetMattson noted that the Troposcatter satellite systems are poised to benefit from multiple deployment opportunities, including a possible larger follow-on order from the U.S. Army.The NG 9-1-1 market is experiencing solid growth with the ESInet software market poised to grow 33 percent over the next four years, according to the research firm Frost and Sullivan.However, Mattson said "unjustly excessive balance sheet concerns are weighing on the stock."Facts And FiguresAs of the third quarter 2016 results, the company had $272 million in net debt and raised $94 million in June 2016. The analyst forecast about $80 million will be used to immediately pay down debt. The company has committed to continue paying its $1.20 dividend in F2017.Mattson expects 2016 EPS of ($0.80) on revenue of $425 million and 2017 EPS of $0.41 on revenue of $644 million."We forecast EBITDA to rise to $69 million in F2017, up from $44 million in F2016. That said, CMTL will come close to tripping its debt covenant in 3Q:F17 should our forecast (which is conservatively below management's guidance) play out," Mattson highlighted."While this scenario presents little room for error, we think the company has ample levers to pull, such as reducing working capital to ensure that no covenants are breached. We think as investors get better clarity on this issue, the stock's deep valuation discount will reverse," (7/22/2016)
Who are some of Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Comtech Telecomm. Corp. include A10 Networks (ATEN), Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI), Harmonic (HLIT), ShoreTel (SHOR), Calix (CALX), Sonus Networks (SONS), Gilat Satellite Networks (GILT), Exfo (EXFO), Ceragon Networks Ltd (CRNT), AudioCodes (AUDC), Aerohive Networks (HIVE), Clearfield (CLFD), Allot Communications Ltd (ALLT), KVH Industries (KVHI), TESSCO Technologies (TESS), Aviat Networks (AVNW), ClearOne Incoprorated (CLRO) and Pointer Telocation Ltd (PNTR).
Who owns Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock?
Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (7.18%), Royce & Associates LP (5.98%), Vanguard Group Inc. (5.25%), Bank of New York Mellon Corp (3.04%), Peregrine Capital Management LLC (2.65%) and Foundry Partners LLC (1.92%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Comtech Telecomm. Corp..
Who sold Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock? Who is selling Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock?
Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Vanguard Group Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Mondrian Investment Partners LTD, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Algert Global LLC, Kennedy Capital Management Inc. and Nationwide Fund Advisors. View Insider Buying and Selling for Comtech Telecomm. Corp..
Who bought Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock? Who is buying Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock?
Comtech Telecomm. Corp.'s stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Pacific Ridge Capital Partners LLC, Paradigm Capital Management Inc. NY, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Royce & Associates LP, Highbridge Capital Management LLC, Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, Airain ltd and Bank of New York Mellon Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Comtech Telecomm. Corp..
How do I buy Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock?
Shares of Comtech Telecomm. Corp. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock cost?
One share of Comtech Telecomm. Corp. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.43.
Earnings History for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)Earnings History by Quarter for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|6/6/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|3/8/2017||Q2 2017||($0.11)||$0.01||$136.03 million||$139.00 million||View||Listen|
|12/7/2016||Q117||($0.16)||($0.11)||$139.10 million||$135.79 million||View||N/A|
|10/6/2016||Q4||($0.16)||$0.16||$163.43 million||$152.38 million||View||N/A|
|6/8/2016||Q3||($1.66)||($0.89)||$131.40 million||$124.20 million||View||N/A|
|3/10/2016||Q2||$0.26||$0.25||$71.11 million||$70.30 million||View||N/A|
|12/9/2015||Q116||$0.27||$0.15||$70.19 million||$64.12 million||View||N/A|
|9/28/2015||Q415||$0.37||$0.34||$82.57 million||$77.46 million||View||Listen|
|6/4/2015||Q315||$0.23||$0.30||$77.97 million||$71.63 million||View||N/A|
|3/11/2015||Q2 15||$0.31||$0.46||$78.27 million||$81.80 million||View||N/A|
|12/10/2014||Q115||$0.28||$0.34||$78.84 million||$76.40 million||View||N/A|
|10/9/2014||Q414||$0.36||$0.48||$88.29 million||$89.38 million||View||Listen|
|6/5/2014||Q314||$0.18||$0.32||$77.50 million||$88.90 million||View||N/A|
|3/6/2014||Q214||$0.26||$0.32||$80.33 million||$85.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/5/2013||Q1||$0.23||$0.28||$78.20 million||$83.37 million||View||N/A|
|9/26/2013||Q313||$0.22||$0.28||$83.68 million||$84.40 million||View||N/A|
|6/6/2013||Q3 2013||$0.05||$0.17||$70.10 million||$69.90 million||View||N/A|
|3/7/2013||Q2 2013||$0.13||$0.14||$77.12 million||$74.58 million||View||N/A|
|9/26/2012||Q412||$0.38||$0.38||$109.08 million||$112.80 million||View||N/A|
|12/8/2010||$0.61||$0.79||$169.18 million||$178.20 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.61 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.45 EPS
Current Dividend Information for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
|Most Recent Dividend:||5/19/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||-56.34% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
65.57% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
88.89% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 6.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 80.20%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/14/2016||Edwin Kantor||Director||Sell||3,000||$10.95||$32,850.00|| |
|4/14/2015||Edwin Kantor||Director||Sell||15,000||$31.57||$473,550.00|| |
|4/2/2015||Robert L Mccollum||VP||Sell||23,453||$29.73||$697,257.69|| |
|3/31/2015||Stanton D Sloane||CEO||Buy||1,000||$28.69||$28,690.00|| |
|2/3/2015||Richard L Goldberg||Director||Sell||15,000||$35.04||$525,600.00|| |
|6/9/2014||Richard L Goldberg||Director||Sell||5,000||$40.02||$200,100.00|| |
|4/11/2014||Edwin Kantor||Director||Sell||2,250||$31.80||$71,550.00|| |
|4/8/2014||Edwin Kantor||Director||Sell||2,000||$32.05||$64,100.00|| |
|1/3/2014||Larry Konopelko||SVP||Sell||33,500||$31.41||$1,052,235.00|| |
|10/29/2013||Richard L Goldberg||Director||Sell||3,750||$30.00||$112,500.00|| |
|10/18/2013||Edwin Kantor||Director||Sell||2,000||$29.18||$58,360.00|| |
|10/16/2013||Fred Kornberg||CEO||Buy||7,958||$27.44||$218,367.52|| |
Headline Trends for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
Latest Headlines for Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL)
Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (CMTL) Chart for Saturday, May, 27, 2017