About Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
Five Below, Inc. is a specialty retailer offering a range of merchandise for teen and pre-teen customer. The Company offers an assortment of products, including select brands and licensed merchandise across a range of categories, including Style, Room, Sports, Tech, Crafts, Party, Candy and Now. Its product groups include leisure, fashion and home, and party and snack. Its Leisure includes items, such as sporting goods, games, toys, tech, books, electronic accessories, and arts and crafts. Its Fashion and home includes items, such as personal accessories, attitude t-shirts, beauty offerings, home goods and storage options. Its Party and snack includes items, such as party and seasonal goods, greeting cards, candy and other snacks, and beverages. The Company operated 522 locations across over 31 states throughout the Northeast, South and Midwest regions of the United States, as of January 29, 2017. Its typical store featured 4,000 stock-keeping units (SKUs), as of January 29, 2017.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Department Stores
- Sub-Industry: Specialty Stores
- Symbol: NASDAQ:FIVE
- CUSIP: 33829M10
- Web: www.fivebelow.com
- Market Cap: $3.14803 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 55,199,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $52.92
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $49.88
- 52 Week Range: $35.03 - $57.65
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 39.70
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 29.33
- P/E Growth: 1.58
- Annual Revenue: $1.1 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.88
- Book Value: $6.64 per share
- Price / Book: 8.66
- EBITDA: $156.01 million
- Net Margins: 7.29%
- Return on Equity: 24.37%
- Return on Assets: 15.35%
- Current Ratio: 2.93%
- Quick Ratio: 1.54%
- Average Volume: 848,768 shs.
- Beta: 0.9
- Short Ratio: 7.95
Frequently Asked Questions for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
What is Five Below's stock symbol?
Five Below trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FIVE."
How were Five Below's earnings last quarter?
Five Below, Inc. (NASDAQ:FIVE) issued its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 30th. The company reported $0.30 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.26 by $0.04. The firm earned $283.30 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $276.37 million. Five Below had a return on equity of 24.37% and a net margin of 7.29%. The company's revenue for the quarter was up 28.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.18 EPS. View Five Below's Earnings History.
When will Five Below make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Five Below issued on next quarter's earnings?
Five Below issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Wednesday, August, 30th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $1.62-1.66 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $1.66. The company issued revenue guidance of $1.236-1.248 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $1.24 billion.Five Below also updated its Q3 guidance to $0.11-0.13 EPS.
Where is Five Below's stock going? Where will Five Below's stock price be in 2017?
16 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for Five Below's stock. Their predictions range from $42.00 to $65.00. On average, they expect Five Below's share price to reach $55.08 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Five Below.
What are analysts saying about Five Below stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Five Below stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Five Below, Inc. is a specialty value retailer offering merchandise for teen and pre-teen customers in the United States. The Company offers products all priced at $5 and below, including select brands and licensed merchandise across a range of categories, which it refers to as worlds: Style, Room, Sports, Media, Crafts, Party, Candy and Seasonal. It offers a wide variety of merchandise that includes everything from sporting goods, games, fashion accessories and jewelry, to hobbies and collectibles, bath and body, candy and snacks, room décor and storage, stationery and school supplies, video game accessories, books, DVDs, iPhone accessories, novelty and seasonal items. Five Below, Inc. is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. " (9/7/2017)
- 2. UBS AG analysts commented, "quickly recognize and react" to the fact that the toy's popularity is fading and will be forced to manage down its inventory, Lasser noted (see his track record here).In fact, the company has already become promotional and is offering two fidget spinners for $5 or one for $3.Second, Five Below's stock valuation has "hung in there better than most retailers" and is now trading at 27x on a next-twelve-month basis, the analyst continued. This represents a 65 percent premium versus the hardline and broader group average and marks an expansion from the 50 percent premium the stock traded at to start 2017.Finally, Five Below is still at the end of the day a retailer and at the very least the negative perception of poor overall trends could act as an "overhang" (7/10/2017)
- 3. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "Tgt USD40 to USD48. With 1Q guidance better than feared and the long-term growth algorithm intact (FY17 EPS growth expected to be up 20%-25%), shares are up meaningfully after the close. We expect FIVE to continue to benefit from new store growth (will enter the state of California at the end of 1Q); enhanced merchandising and sourcing capabilities; and marketing initiatives (will utilize TV in 2Q and 4Q), but are cautious on 1Q as comp guidance (flat to up 2%) implies an acceleration on a two-year stack basis at the mid-point, which has not been achieved since 4Q15. However, management was upbeat regarding emerging trends as well as the company's Easter set. We continue to view FIVE favorably in the long-term as a unique sq. ft. story leading to 20%+ EPS growth, but see valuation as full." (3/23/2017)
- 4. Guggenheim analysts commented, "We reiterate our Buy on FIVE ahead of 4Q earnings on March 22. Bottom line, we have never seen the shares this compelling since the IPO. As shown in Exhibit 1, they have undergone significant multiple contraction over the past four years as earnings have consistently grown and the shares have remained stuck in the upper $30's, except for two runs to $50-plus. At the same time, the company's ability to grow both sales and EBITDA by 20% or better has become increasingly rare (Exhibit 2). As detailed in Exhibit 3, our $52 PT implies a reasonable EBITDA multiple (13x) on 2018E." (3/20/2017)
- 5. Loop Capital analysts commented, "Five Below Inside" (3/17/2017)
Who are some of Five Below's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Five Below include Macy's (M), Burlington Stores (BURL), Wayfair (W), TripAdvisor (TRIP), Dunkin' Brands Group (DNKN), Liberty Interactive Corporation (LVNTA), AutoNation (AN), Williams-Sonoma (WSM), Caseys General Stores (CASY), Metro AG (MTTRY), Penske Automotive Group (PAG), Foot Locker (FL), Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG), Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL), Wendy's Company (The) (WEN), Stamps.com (STMP), The Michaels Companies (MIK) and Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN).
Who are Five Below's key executives?
Five Below's management team includes the folowing people:
- Thomas G. Vellios, Executive Chairman of the Board, Co-Founder
- Joel D. Anderson, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Kenneth R. Bull, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer
- Michael F. Romanko, Executive Vice President- Merchandising
- Eric M. Specter, Chief Administrative Officer
- Kathleen S. Barclay, Independent Director
- Catherine Elizabeth Buggeln, Independent Director
- Michael F. Devine III, Independent Director
- Daniel J. Kaufman, Independent Director
- Richard L. Markee, Independent Director
Who owns Five Below stock?
Five Below's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Tributary Capital Management LLC (0.47%), Summit Creek Advisors LLC (0.46%), Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.35%) and LS Investment Advisors LLC (0.01%). Company insiders that own Five Below stock include Joel D Anderson, Kenneth R Bull and Thomas Vellios. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Five Below.
Who bought Five Below stock? Who is buying Five Below stock?
Five Below's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Tributary Capital Management LLC, Mutual of America Capital Management LLC, Summit Creek Advisors LLC and LS Investment Advisors LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Five Below.
How do I buy Five Below stock?
Shares of Five Below can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Five Below's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Five Below (NASDAQ FIVE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Five Below and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Five Below stock can currently be purchased for approximately $57.49.
Consensus Ratings for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||5 Hold Ratings, 11 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.69)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$55.08 (4.20% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
Analysts' Ratings History for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/12/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$52.00||Low|
|9/1/2017||Buckingham Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$62.00||Low|
|8/31/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$53.00 -> $54.00||Medium|
|8/31/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Boost Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$56.00 -> $57.00||High|
|8/28/2017||Loop Capital||Set Price Target||Buy||$60.00||High|
|8/18/2017||Dougherty & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Buy||Low|
|6/3/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$40.00 -> $47.00||Low|
|6/3/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||Low|
|6/3/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$47.00 -> $65.00||Low|
|6/3/2017||Guggenheim||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$52.00 -> $60.00||Low|
|6/1/2017||MKM Partners||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$51.00 -> $57.00||Low|
|5/9/2017||Gordon Haskett||Initiated Coverage||Accumulate||$57.00||Medium|
|12/9/2016||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|11/29/2016||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$42.00||N/A|
|10/26/2016||Longbow Research||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$45.00||N/A|
|10/11/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$50.00||N/A|
|9/6/2016||Goldman Sachs Group Inc||Reiterated Rating||Sell -> Neutral||$42.00||N/A|
|6/3/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$48.00 -> $42.00||N/A|
|5/16/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|1/8/2016||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
Earnings History for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)Earnings History by Quarter for Five Below (NASDAQ FIVE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/30/2017||Q2 2018||$0.26||$0.30||$276.37 million||$283.30 million||View||N/A|
|6/1/2017||Q1 2018||$0.14||$0.15||$230.75 million||$232.90 million||View||Listen|
|3/22/2017||Q4 2017||$0.89||$0.90||$387.63 million||$388.10 million||View||N/A|
|12/1/2016||Q3 2017||$0.09||$0.10||$199.51 million||$199.48 million||View||Listen|
|8/31/2016||Q2||$0.17||$0.18||$219.60 million||$220.13 million||View||Listen|
|6/2/2016||Q116||$0.10||$0.12||$187.97 million||$192.70 million||View||N/A|
|3/22/2016||Q4||$0.76||$0.77||$323.19 million||$326.35 million||View||Listen|
|12/3/2015||Q315||$0.07||$0.08||$166.60 million||$169.70 million||View||N/A|
|9/2/2015||Q215||$0.13||$0.13||$184.69 million||$182.20 million||View||N/A|
|6/3/2015||Q115||$0.07||$0.08||$151.42 million||$153.73 million||View||N/A|
|3/25/2015||Q414||$0.60||$0.61||$262.26 million||$263.76 million||View||N/A|
|12/4/2014||Q314||$0.06||$0.06||$136.90 million||$138.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/10/2014||Q214||$0.14||$0.15||$152.28 million||$152.50 million||View||N/A|
|6/4/2014||Q114||$0.06||$0.07||$121.91 million||$126.00 million||View||N/A|
|3/25/2014||Q413||$0.45||$0.47||$207.98 million||$212.00 million||View||N/A|
|12/5/2013||Q3||$0.04||$0.05||$111.78 million||$110.70 million||View||Listen|
|9/9/2013||Q2 2013||$0.06||$0.07||$112.70 million||$117.10 million||View||N/A|
|6/12/2013||Q1 2013||$0.04||$0.05||$94.23 million||$95.60 million||View||N/A|
|3/27/2013||Q4 2012||$0.38||$0.39||$170.22 million||$173.59 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.10
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.29
2019 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.91
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.22%Insider Trades by Quarter for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/2/2017||Thomas Vellios||Insider||Sell||142,573||$55.13||$7,860,049.49|| |
|6/8/2017||Kenneth R Bull||CFO||Sell||17,300||$53.90||$932,470.00|| |
|6/8/2016||Kenneth R Bull||CFO||Sell||34,600||$45.06||$1,559,076.00|| |
|12/15/2015||Joel D Anderson||CEO||Buy||5,000||$30.22||$151,100.00|| |
|9/29/2015||Joel D Anderson||CEO||Buy||5,000||$32.87||$164,350.00|| |
|9/22/2015||David M Mussafer||Director||Buy||90,000||$33.35||$3,001,500.00|| |
|9/22/2015||Joel D Anderson||CEO||Buy||5,000||$33.53||$167,650.00|| |
|4/1/2015||Joel D Anderson||CEO||Buy||3,000||$36.01||$108,030.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Thomas Vellios||CEO||Sell||100,000||$46.30||$4,630,000.00|| |
|11/24/2014||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||100,000||$45.36||$4,536,000.00|| |
|9/10/2014||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||78,900||$42.32||$3,339,048.00|| |
|9/9/2014||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||21,100||$42.26||$891,686.00|| |
|8/18/2014||Thomas Vellios||CEO||Sell||100,000||$37.83||$3,783,000.00|| |
|7/8/2014||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||100,000||$37.24||$3,724,000.00|| |
|6/20/2014||Kenneth R Bull||CFO||Sell||25,000||$40.02||$1,000,500.00|| |
|6/16/2014||Thomas Vellios||CEO||Sell||100,000||$36.60||$3,660,000.00|| |
|3/26/2014||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||97,530||$43.47||$4,239,629.10|| |
|9/23/2013||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||100,000||$46.65||$4,665,000.00|| |
|9/23/2013||Steven Collins||Director||Sell||2,134||$46.65||$99,551.10|| |
|9/12/2013||Kenneth Bull||CFO||Sell||25,000||$47.11||$1,177,750.00|| |
|7/1/2013||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||530,699||$34.65||$18,388,720.35|| |
|7/1/2013||International Gpe Vi Lp Advent||Insider||Sell||2,648,124||$34.65||$91,757,496.60|| |
|7/1/2013||Steven J Collins||Director||Sell||1,781||$34.65||$61,711.65|| |
|7/1/2013||Thomas Vellios||CEO||Sell||527,423||$34.65||$18,275,206.95|| |
|2/4/2013||David Schlessinger||Chairman||Sell||852,281||$34.05||$29,020,168.05|| |
|2/4/2013||Steven J Collins||Director||Sell||2,860||$34.05||$97,383.00|| |
|2/4/2013||Thomas Vellios||CEO||Sell||845,166||$34.05||$28,777,902.30|| |
Headline Trends for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
Latest Headlines for Five Below (NASDAQ:FIVE)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Five Below (FIVE) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017