About GoPro (GPRO)
GoPro, Inc. (GoPro) produces cameras and mountable and wearable accessories. The Company's product offerings include HERO5, which is a line of cloud-connected cameras featuring image stabilization, telemetry, cloud connectivity and voice control; GoPro Plus, which is a cloud-based storage solution that enables subscribers to access, edit and share content; Quik, which is a mobile editing application that creates edits on a smartphone; Capture, which is a mobile application that allows users to preview and play back shots, control their GoPro cameras and share content on the fly using their smartphones; Karma, which is its compact and foldable drone and versatile stabilization solution that includes the Karma controller, and camera stabilizer, and it all fits in a custom backpack, and Karma Grip, which is a handheld, body-mountable camera stabilizer. It also offers a full ecosystem of mountable, wearable and voice activated accessories.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Photographic Equipment & Supplies
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: GPRO
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $9.14
- 50 Day Moving Average: $8.50
- 200 Day Moving Average: $9.85
- 52-Week Range: $7.14 - $17.68
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 70.31
- P/E Growth: 6.34
- Market Cap: $1.30B
- Outstanding Shares: 142,111,000
- Beta: 0.74
- Net Margins: -35.35%
- Return on Equity: -44.14%
- Return on Assets: -29.23%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.08%
- Current Ratio: 1.42%
- Quick Ratio: 1.01%
Companies Related to GoPro:
Earnings History for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)Earnings History by Quarter for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/27/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|2/2/2017||Q416||$0.22||$0.29||$585.31 million||$540.62 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||($0.35)||($0.60)||$315.89 million||$240.57 million||View||N/A|
|7/27/2016||Q216||($0.58)||($0.52)||$194.37 million||$220.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||($0.60)||($0.63)||$169.14 million||$183.50 million||View||N/A|
|2/3/2016||Q415||$0.03||($0.08)||$499.23 million||$436.60 million||View||N/A|
|10/28/2015||Q315||$0.22||$0.25||$435.33 million||$400.34 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2015||Q215||$0.26||$0.35||$395.17 million||$419.92 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2015||Q115||$0.18||$0.24||$340.99 million||$363.10 million||View||N/A|
|2/5/2015||Q414||$0.70||$0.99||$574.46 million||$633.90 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2014||Q312||$0.01||$0.06||$263.90 million||$280.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q212||$0.07||$0.08||$237.97 million||$244.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.68)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 28.69%Insider Trades by Quarter for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 33.16%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/6/2017||Anthony John Bates||Director||Sell||41,077||$8.19||$336,420.63|| |
|2/21/2017||Brian Mcgee||CFO||Sell||5,692||$9.31||$52,992.52|| |
|2/17/2017||Charles J Prober||COO||Sell||1,602||$9.20||$14,738.40|| |
|2/17/2017||Michael E Marks||Director||Sell||30,000||$9.22||$276,600.00|| |
|2/17/2017||Sharon S Zezima||General Counsel||Sell||6,297||$9.16||$57,680.52|| |
|12/7/2016||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||23,598||$9.62||$227,012.76|| |
|12/6/2016||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||7,434||$9.68||$71,961.12|| |
|11/14/2016||Brian Mcgee||CFO||Sell||4,497||$10.32||$46,409.04|| |
|9/7/2016||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||9,704||$14.16||$137,408.64|| |
|8/31/2016||Michael E Marks||Director||Sell||264||$14.94||$3,944.16|| |
|8/19/2016||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||700,000||$15.12||$10,584,000.00|| |
|8/15/2016||Michael E. Marks||Director||Sell||40,000||$15.58||$623,200.00|| |
|6/6/2016||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||9,704||$10.79||$104,706.16|| |
|3/8/2016||Sharon S Zezima||General Counsel||Sell||1,649||$12.58||$20,744.42|| |
|3/4/2016||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||9,757||$14.03||$136,890.71|| |
|12/7/2015||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||7,434||$17.61||$130,912.74|| |
|11/30/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||6,344||$20.50||$130,052.00|| |
|9/16/2015||Sharon S. Zezima||General Counsel||Sell||6,000||$35.00||$210,000.00|| |
|9/8/2015||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||7,434||$37.03||$275,281.02|| |
|7/23/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||253,400||$64.46||$16,334,164.00|| |
|7/22/2015||Jack R Lazar||CFO||Sell||75,000||$61.42||$4,606,500.00|| |
|6/15/2015||Sharon S Zezima||General Counsel||Sell||6,000||$57.70||$346,200.00|| |
|6/10/2015||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||279,174||$59.31||$16,557,809.94|| |
|6/9/2015||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||96,655||$58.77||$5,680,414.35|| |
|6/8/2015||Anthony John Bates||President||Sell||143,304||$59.82||$8,572,445.28|| |
|6/8/2015||Jack R Lazar||CFO||Sell||25,000||$59.90||$1,497,500.00|| |
|5/28/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||700,000||$56.81||$39,767,000.00|| |
|5/27/2015||Kenneth A Goldman||Director||Sell||5,740||$53.38||$306,401.20|| |
|5/20/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||260,000||$51.84||$13,478,400.00|| |
|5/15/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||374,500||$50.35||$18,856,075.00|| |
|5/4/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||265,500||$50.63||$13,442,265.00|| |
|3/26/2015||Foxteq Holdings Inc.||Major Shareholder||Sell||200,000||$43.18||$8,636,000.00|| |
|3/16/2015||Sharon S Zezima||General Counsel||Sell||6,000||$39.32||$235,920.00|| |
|2/25/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||250,000||$44.20||$11,050,000.00|| |
|2/20/2015||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||1,000,000||$46.19||$46,190,000.00|| |
|2/18/2015||Michael E Marks||Director||Sell||5,000,000||$46.56||$232,800,000.00|| |
|12/3/2014||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||125,880||$72.38||$9,111,194.40|| |
|12/3/2014||Foxteq Holdings Inc.||Major Shareholder||Sell||211,354||$72.38||$15,297,802.52|| |
|12/3/2014||Nicholas Woodman||CEO||Sell||837,647||$72.38||$60,628,889.86|| |
|11/25/2014||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||618,000||$72.38||$44,730,840.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Foxteq Holdings Inc.||Major Shareholder||Sell||1,030,000||$72.38||$74,551,400.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Jack R Lazar||CFO||Sell||18,000||$72.38||$1,302,840.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Nina Richardson||COO||Sell||18,750||$72.38||$1,357,125.00|| |
|11/25/2014||Sharon S Zezima||General Counsel||Sell||2,344||$72.38||$169,658.72|| |
|7/1/2014||Edward A Gilhuly||Director||Sell||624,167||$22.56||$14,081,207.52|| |
|7/1/2014||Neil Dana||Major Shareholder||Sell||658,443||$22.56||$14,854,474.08|| |
|7/1/2014||Nicholas Woodman||CEO||Sell||5,092,374||$22.56||$114,883,957.44|| |
Headline Trends for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
Latest Headlines for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
Frequently Asked Questions for GoPro (NASDAQ:GPRO)
What is GoPro's stock symbol?
GoPro trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GPRO."
How were GoPro's earnings last quarter?
GoPro Inc (NASDAQ:GPRO) released its earnings results on Thursday, February, 2nd. The company reported $0.29 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.22 by $0.07. The firm had revenue of $540.62 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $585.31 million. GoPro had a negative net margin of 35.35% and a negative return on equity of 44.14%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 23.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm earned ($0.08) earnings per share.
When will GoPro make its next earnings announcement?
GoPro is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, April, 27th 2017.
What guidance has GoPro issued on next quarter's earnings?
GoPro updated its fourth quarter earnings guidance on Thursday, November, 3rd. The company provided EPS guidance of $0.25-0.35 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $0.45. The company issued revenue guidance of $600-650 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $669.83 million.
Where is GoPro's stock going? Where will GoPro's stock price be in 2017?
21 brokers have issued 12 month price objectives for GoPro's shares. Their forecasts range from $5.00 to $43.00. On average, they expect GoPro's stock price to reach $10.32 in the next year.
What are analysts saying about GoPro stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about GoPro stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "GoPro has taken company-wide restructuring efforts, which include a combination of programs, to slash costs and boost profitability. Backed by these efforts, the company recently affirmed its first-quarter 2017 revenues at the upper end of the $190–$210 million range. Also, the company reiterated its target of full-year non-GAAP profitability and announced that it expects positive EBITDA for full-year 2017. Also, GoPro is exploring new revenue streams, including Virtual Reality and licensing content shot on its cameras to media companies. GoPro has also resumed Karma sales and plans to ramp production further. Despite these positives, over the past three months, GoPro shares have significantly underperformed the Zacks categorized Audio/Video Home Product industry’s average return. Multiple operational stumbles including product recalls, messed up launches, production delays and supply chain issues have added to the woes." (3/20/2017)
- 2. Dougherty & Co analysts commented, "GoPro post-close Wednesday announced that 1) Q117 revenue would come in at the high end of guidance ($210MM) and 2) it would cut another 270 jobs (17% of its workforce) in a bid to reach non-GAAP profitability in 2017. This is now the third major headcount reduction since January 2016 and unfortunately we are of the view that it still doesn't go far enough. We believe the proper course of action here is a business designed around a 10% operating profit on annual camera sales of 3MM-4MM units; not barely making a profit on a hoped-for 5MM-6MM units. Valuation continues to look elevated considering shares have traded as low as 0.5 EV/S vs. the 0.8x it is currently trading at on new FY17 revenue estimate of $1.0B. Our $5PT is based on 0.5x EV/S our FY17 revenue estimate." (3/16/2017)
- 3. Citigroup Inc analysts commented, "We are upgrading GoPro Shares to Neutral as we believe recent stabilization in revenue and another significant restructuring accelerates its path to profitability to 2017 from 2019. In our Mar. 3 initiation (GPRO: Initiate with Sell and $8 TP), we focused on GoPro's high opex vs. its prior profitability targets. To wit, mgmt. announced another $100M in opex cuts and guided for double-digit revenue growth in 2017 vs. our 5% growth est. EBITDA outlook is also now positive vs our prior cash burn est for 2017, lowering the risk GoPro taps its credit facility." (3/16/2017)
- 4. FBN Securities analysts commented, "We reiterate our Sector Perform rating on GPRO and lower our PT from $10.50 to $10.00. The company reported a FQ4 revenue miss but beat on NG EPS due to opex management as NG opex of $182M (down 2% Q/Q) came in lower than our $196M estimate. However, there are several factors that cause us to remain neutral on the equity in spite of the large stock decline over the past year. One is that the company is guiding for FQ4 revenue of $190-210M, which is 21-28% below prior consensus of $265M. Secondly, we believe that channel inventory is still too high. The company noted that channel inventory declined by 15% Y/Y, but this is versus extremely elevated levels a year before. We believe that channel inventory could be around 12 weeks or so, above a more normal 6-8 week level. Note that distribution revenue grew by 170% Q/Q to $250M, which is 46% of revenue, up from 33% the year before and 39% in FQ3. Thirdly, even with the ~$100M annualized opex savings this year, we still model GPRO's NG EPS at -$.95, lower than our previous -$.28 estimate. Therefore, we remain neutral on the equity with a negative bent." (2/3/2017)
Are investors shorting GoPro?
GoPro saw a increase in short interest in the month of April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 30,550,039 shares, an increase of 0.9% from the March 31st total of 30,826,344 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 2,493,774 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 12.3 days. Currently, 31.9% of the company's stock are short sold.
Who owns GoPro stock?
GoPro's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.08%), Sanders Morris Harris Inc. (0.05%), Hamilton Lane Advisors LLC (0.03%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.02%), Prospera Financial Services Inc (0.02%) and IFP Advisors Inc (0.01%). Company insiders that own GoPro stock include Anthony John Bates, Brian Mcgee, Charles J Prober, Edward A Gilhuly, Jack R Lazar, Kenneth A Goldman, Michael E Marks and Sharon S Zezima.
Who sold GoPro stock? Who is selling GoPro stock?
GoPro's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including ProShare Advisors LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Nationwide Fund Advisors, IFP Advisors Inc and Prospera Financial Services Inc. Company insiders that have sold GoPro stock in the last year include Anthony John Bates, Brian Mcgee, Charles J Prober, Edward A Gilhuly, Michael E Marks and Sharon S Zezima.
Who bought GoPro stock? Who is buying GoPro stock?
GoPro's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Financial Architects Inc.
How do I buy GoPro stock?
Shares of GoPro can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of GoPro stock cost?
One share of GoPro stock can currently be purchased for approximately $9.14.
GoPro (GPRO) Chart for Thursday, April, 27, 2017