Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the motion picture exhibition business with theatres in the United States (U.S.), Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, Paraguay, Curacao and Bolivia. The Company manages its business in two segments: U.S. markets and international markets. The international segment consists of operations in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, Bolivia, Curacao and Paraguay. As of December 31, 2016, the Company operated 526 theatres and 5,903 screens in the United States and Latin America. As of December 31, 2016, its the United States circuit had 339 theatres and 4,559 screens in 41 states and its international circuit had 187 theatres and 1,344 screens in 15 countries. It develops new platforms for its theatre circuit, such as XD, Cinemark Reserve, Luxury Lounger reclining seats, CineArts and other concepts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Movie Production, Theaters
- Sub-Industry: Movies & Entertainment
- Symbol: NYSE:CNK
- CUSIP: 17243V10
- Web: www.cinemark.com
- Market Cap: $4.69 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 115,776,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $42.44
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $41.63
- 52 Week Range: $32.60 - $44.84
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 17.08
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.94
- P/E Growth: 1.10
- Annual Revenue: $2.99 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.57
- Book Value: $11.42 per share
- Price / Book: 3.55
- Annual Dividend: $1.08
- Dividend Yield: 2.8%
- EBIDTA: $682.09 million
- Net Margins: 8.06%
- Return on Equity: 20.75%
- Return on Assets: 5.85%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.62%
- Current Ratio: 1.81%
- Quick Ratio: 1.76%
- Average Volume: 993,365 shs.
- Beta: 0.97
- Short Ratio: 7.44
Frequently Asked Questions for Cinemark Holdings (NYSE:CNK)
What is Cinemark Holdings' stock symbol?
Cinemark Holdings trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CNK."
How often does Cinemark Holdings pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cinemark Holdings?
Cinemark Holdings declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, May 26th. Stockholders of record on Thursday, June 8th will be given a dividend of $0.29 per share on Thursday, June 22nd. This represents a $1.16 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.86%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, June 6th. View Cinemark Holdings' Dividend History.
How were Cinemark Holdings' earnings last quarter?
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CNK) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May, 3rd. The company reported $0.68 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.61 by $0.07. The firm earned $779.60 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $750.75 million. Cinemark Holdings had a net margin of 8.06% and a return on equity of 20.75%. Cinemark Holdings's revenue for the quarter was up 10.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $0.50 earnings per share. View Cinemark Holdings' Earnings History.
Where is Cinemark Holdings' stock going? Where will Cinemark Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
13 brokerages have issued 1-year price targets for Cinemark Holdings' stock. Their forecasts range from $35.94 to $53.50. On average, they anticipate Cinemark Holdings' stock price to reach $45.13 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Cinemark Holdings.
What are analysts saying about Cinemark Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cinemark Holdings stock:
- 1. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We make very muted estimate changes after Cinemark's 4Q16 earnings report. But we found some of the discussion on the earnings call to be intriguing, including news of Cinemark's growing pivot towards the industry trend of luxury re-seats and the report of experimentation with new opportunities in e-gaming and virtual reality. The growth potential of these initiatives allows us to get more constructive in the multiple for our price target. We now assume that Cinemark can trade up to an EV of 10x 2017E adjusted EBITDA (versus 9.5x now) to take our price target up $4 to $46. For more on the quarter, please see our note, "4Q16 React: In Line Overall, with U.S. Slightly Outperforming Industry," published February 23." (2/24/2017)
- 2. B. Riley analysts commented, "Cinemark Holdings (CNK) is scheduled to report Q4 results on Thursday, 2/23, before the open with a call at 8:30am ET. Ahead of next week's print, we are raising our Q4 EBITDA/EPS estimates to account for a stronger domestic box office finish and an assumption of continued improvement in margin trends. As we head into 2017 (the heart of the current box office up-cycle), we continue to believe CNK is positioned to benefit from an impressive 2017 film slate (that could potentially help CNK over-index in its suburban/family-focused regions), a continued focus on driving increased F&B per patron consumption and any stabilization in the LatAm region and rebound in mall/cinema development patterns. We are reiterating our Buy rating and raising our price target from $47.00 to $52.50 (based on unchanged domestic/LatAm segment EBITDA multiples and a shift from our 2017 to 2018 estimates)." (2/17/2017)
- 3. Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We maintain our Buy on CNK and RGC, and would use near term weakness as a buying opportunity." (7/7/2016)
Who are some of Cinemark Holdings' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cinemark Holdings include Snap-on Incorporated (SNA), Electrolux AB (ELUXY), Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI), Vail Resorts (MTN), PVH Corp (PVH), News Corp (NWS), News Corp (NWSA), Man Wah Holdings Ltd (MAWHY), Mattel (MAT), Hanesbrands (HBI), Pearson PLC (PSO), Toro Co (TTC), Hyatt Hotels (H), Live Nation Entertainment (LYV), Take Two Interactive Software (TTWO), Leggett & Platt (LEG), Lululemon Athletica inc. (LULU) and Gildan Activewear (GIL).
Who owns Cinemark Holdings stock?
Cinemark Holdings' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (9.56%), FMR LLC (8.59%), Vanguard Group Inc. (7.78%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (5.13%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (3.08%) and Mawer Investment Management Ltd. (2.81%). Company insiders that own Cinemark Holdings stock include Michael Cavalier, Robert Copple, Sean Gamble, Timothy Warner, Tom Owens and Valmir Fernandes. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cinemark Holdings.
Who sold Cinemark Holdings stock? Who is selling Cinemark Holdings stock?
Cinemark Holdings' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Prudential Financial Inc., Bank of New York Mellon Corp, Hamlin Capital Management LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Sentry Investments Corp., Hodges Capital Management Inc. and Morgan Stanley. Company insiders that have sold Cinemark Holdings stock in the last year include Michael Cavalier, Sean Gamble, Tom Owens and Valmir Fernandes. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cinemark Holdings.
Who bought Cinemark Holdings stock? Who is buying Cinemark Holdings stock?
Cinemark Holdings' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., FMR LLC, Mawer Investment Management Ltd., Vanguard Group Inc., Citadel Advisors LLC, Jennison Associates LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP and JPMorgan Chase & Co.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cinemark Holdings.
How do I buy Cinemark Holdings stock?
Shares of Cinemark Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cinemark Holdings stock cost?
One share of Cinemark Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $40.49.