About Cinemark Holdings
Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (Cinemark) is engaged in the motion picture exhibition business with theatres in the United States, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, Curacao and Bolivia. The Company manages its business in two segments: United States markets and international markets. The international segment consists of operations in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala, Bolivia and Curacao. It operates approximately 500 theatres and over 5,800 screens in the United States and Latin America. Its United States circuit has approximately 340 theatres and over 4,510 screens in over 40 states and its international circuit has over 180 theatres and approximately 1,280 screens. It develops platforms for its theatre circuit, such as XD, Movie Bistro, Cinemark Reserve, Luxury Lounger reclining seats, D-BOX seating and CineArts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Movie Production, Theaters
- Sub-Industry: Movies & Entertainment
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: CNK
- CUSIP: 17243V10
- Previous Close: $42.02
- 50 Day Moving Average: $41.527
- 200 Day Moving Average: $39.802
- 52-Week Range: $31.50 - $44.25
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 19.185
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 17.01
- P/E Growth: 1.250
- Market Cap: $4.86B
- Outstanding Shares: 115,603,000
- Beta: 0.97
- Net Margins: 8.06%
- Return on Equity: 20.75%
- Return on Assets: 5.85%
Companies Related to Cinemark Holdings:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.62%
- Current Ratio: 1.81%
- Quick Ratio: 1.76%
What is Cinemark Holdings' stock symbol?
Cinemark Holdings trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CNK."
How often does Cinemark Holdings pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Cinemark Holdings?
Cinemark Holdings announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, February 23rd. Investors of record on Wednesday, March 8th will be paid a dividend of $0.29 per share on Monday, March 20th. This represents a $1.16 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.76%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, March 6th. This is a boost from Cinemark Holdings's previous quarterly dividend of $0.27.
Where is Cinemark Holdings' stock going? Where will Cinemark Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
16 analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Cinemark Holdings' shares. Their predictions range from $35.94 to $52.50. On average, they expect Cinemark Holdings' share price to reach $43.42 in the next twelve months.
When will Cinemark Holdings announce their earnings?
Cinemark Holdings is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 8th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Cinemark Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cinemark Holdings stock:
- FBR & Co analysts commented, "We make very muted estimate changes after Cinemark's 4Q16 earnings report. But we found some of the discussion on the earnings call to be intriguing, including news of Cinemark's growing pivot towards the industry trend of luxury re-seats and the report of experimentation with new opportunities in e-gaming and virtual reality. The growth potential of these initiatives allows us to get more constructive in the multiple for our price target. We now assume that Cinemark can trade up to an EV of 10x 2017E adjusted EBITDA (versus 9.5x now) to take our price target up $4 to $46. For more on the quarter, please see our note, "4Q16 React: In Line Overall, with U.S. Slightly Outperforming Industry," published February 23." (2/24/2017)
- B. Riley analysts commented, "Cinemark Holdings (CNK) is scheduled to report Q4 results on Thursday, 2/23, before the open with a call at 8:30am ET. Ahead of next week's print, we are raising our Q4 EBITDA/EPS estimates to account for a stronger domestic box office finish and an assumption of continued improvement in margin trends. As we head into 2017 (the heart of the current box office up-cycle), we continue to believe CNK is positioned to benefit from an impressive 2017 film slate (that could potentially help CNK over-index in its suburban/family-focused regions), a continued focus on driving increased F&B per patron consumption and any stabilization in the LatAm region and rebound in mall/cinema development patterns. We are reiterating our Buy rating and raising our price target from $47.00 to $52.50 (based on unchanged domestic/LatAm segment EBITDA multiples and a shift from our 2017 to 2018 estimates)." (2/17/2017)
Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We maintain our Buy on CNK and RGC, and would use near term weakness as a buying opportunity." (7/7/2016)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "CINEMARK HOLDINGS Is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry.Cinemark operates 408 theatres and 4,657 screens in 38 states in the United States and internationally in 12 countries, mainly in Mexico, South and Central America. " (5/10/2016)
Who owns Cinemark Holdings stock?
Cinemark Holdings' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (4.68%), State Street Corp (2.36%), Silvercrest Asset Management Group LLC (1.62%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.41%), Osterweis Capital Management Inc. (1.00%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.95%). Company insiders that own Cinemark Holdings stock include Michael Cavalier, Robert Copple, Sean Gamble, Timothy Warner, Tom Owens and Valmir Fernandes.
Who sold Cinemark Holdings stock? Who is selling Cinemark Holdings stock?
Cinemark Holdings' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Osterweis Capital Management Inc., Hodges Capital Management Inc., Ardevora Asset Management LLP, Employees Retirement System of Texas, State Street Corp, Silvercrest Asset Management Group LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG and Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Cinemark Holdings stock in the last year include Michael Cavalier, Sean Gamble, Tom Owens and Valmir Fernandes.
Who bought Cinemark Holdings stock? Who is buying Cinemark Holdings stock?
Cinemark Holdings' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Empire Life Investments Inc., Fiera Capital Corp, Castleark Management LLC, Janus Capital Management LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Martingale Asset Management L P and Jupiter Asset Management Ltd..
How do I buy Cinemark Holdings stock?
Shares of Cinemark Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Cinemark Holdings stock cost?
One share of Cinemark Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $42.01.