CoreCivic, Inc., formerly Corrections Corporation of America, is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company is a diversified government solutions company. The Company acts to site, design, build, finance, own, maintain and lease assets to government partners. The Company provides services related to the ownership and upkeep of the asset, including maintenance services, utility management and insurance, and property tax management. The Company is engaged in owning, operating and managing prisons and other correctional facilities, and providing residential, community re-entry and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. Under the CoreCivic brand, the Company focuses on providing three business offerings: CoreCivic Safety, which is a corrections and detention management offering; CoreCivic Properties, which offers government real estate solutions, and CoreCivic Community, a network of residential reentry centers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: REIT - Diversified
- Sub-Industry: Specialized REITs
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: CXW
- CUSIP: 22025Y40
- Previous Close: $34.00
- 50 Day Moving Average: $29.40
- 200 Day Moving Average: $21.56
- 52-Week Range: $12.99 - $35.05
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.18
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 23.61
- P/E Growth: 1.92
- Market Cap: $4.00B
- Outstanding Shares: 117,554,000
- Beta: 0.99
- Net Margins: 11.89%
- Return on Equity: 15.26%
- Return on Assets: 6.72%
Companies Related to Corecivic:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.98%
- Current Ratio: 1.10%
- Quick Ratio: 0.88%
What is Corecivic's stock symbol?
Corecivic trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "CXW."
How often does Corecivic pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Corecivic?
Corecivic announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, February 21st. Stockholders of record on Monday, April 3rd will be paid a dividend of $0.42 per share on Monday, April 17th. This represents a $1.68 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 4.94%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, March 30th.
Where is Corecivic's stock going? Where will Corecivic's stock price be in 2017?
4 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for Corecivic's shares. Their forecasts range from $20.00 to $38.00. On average, they anticipate Corecivic's stock price to reach $30.67 in the next twelve months.
When will Corecivic announce their earnings?
Corecivic is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Corecivic stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Corecivic stock:
- Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "CXW's massive beat in the quarter, the subsequent guidance raise, and the official confirmation of Jeff Sessions were met with investor enthusiasm in the post-print trading hours, as the stock was up over 8% at one point before trading off slightly to end the day. While the new Attorney General drives incremental confidence in the sustainability of BOP business, fervor surrounding growth opportunities with both ICE and a handful of states was a focal point of the call, and several near-term opportunities seem to be on the horizon. Though we remain cautious regarding the CAR-16 procurement and general BOP trends, we're also steadfast in our belief that valuation, though historically elevated, still begets upside to the name, especially given the persisting discounted valuation relative to the overall REIT sector. As such, with incremental confidence in the underlying business, an attractive external growth profile, and a well-covered 5.4% dividend, we reiterate BUY, and raise our year-end 2017 PT to $34 on improved estimates." (2/9/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "CoreCivic, Inc. is a real estate investment trust which provides correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities. It designs, constructs, owns, manages and renovates jails, prisons, government agencies and inmate transportation companies. CoreCivic, Inc., formerly known as Corrections Corporation of America, is based in Nashville, Tennessee. " (12/21/2016)
Who owns Corecivic stock?
Corecivic's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (2.90%), New South Capital Management Inc. (2.52%), Two Sigma Investments LP (1.02%), Guggenheim Capital LLC (0.39%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.33%) and AidennLair Capital Management LP (0.32%). Company insiders that own Corecivic stock include Anthony L Grande, C Michael Jacobi, Charles L Overby, Damon T Hininger, Harley G Lappin, John D Ferguson, Joseph V Russell, Lucibeth Mayberry, Mark A Emkes, Scott D Irwin, Steve E Groom and Thurgood Marshall Jr.
Who sold Corecivic stock? Who is selling Corecivic stock?
Corecivic's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, New South Capital Management Inc., Two Sigma Investments LP, Hodges Capital Management Inc., Pacad Investment Ltd., Independent Order of Foresters, Tudor Investment Corp Et Al and Dynamic Technology Lab Private Ltd. Company insiders that have sold Corecivic stock in the last year include Anthony L Grande, C Michael Jacobi, Damon T Hininger, Harley G Lappin, John D Ferguson and Steve E Groom.
Who bought Corecivic stock? Who is buying Corecivic stock?
Corecivic's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, AidennLair Capital Management LP, Numeric Investors LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Marshall Wace LLP, BlueMar Capital Management LLC, Flinton Capital Management LLC and Tyers Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Corecivic stock in the last two years include Charles L Overby, Damon T Hininger, Joseph V Russell, Mark A Emkes and Scott D Irwin.
How do I buy Corecivic stock?
Shares of Corecivic can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Corecivic stock cost?
One share of Corecivic stock can currently be purchased for approximately $34.00.