Snap Inc., formerly Snapchat, Inc., is a camera company. The Company's flagship product, Snapchat, is a camera application that helps people to communicate through short videos and images known as a Snap. The Company offers three ways for people to make Snaps: the Snapchat application, Publishers Tools that help its partners to create Publisher Stories, and Spectacles, its sunglasses that make Snaps. Snaps are viewed primarily through the Snapchat application, but can also be embedded on the Web or on television in certain circumstances. Snapchat opens directly into the Camera, helping in creating a Snap and sending it to friends. The Company's advertising products include Snap Ads and Sponsored Creative Tools, such as Sponsored Lenses and Sponsored Geofilters. As of December 31, 2016, on an average, 158 million people used Snapchat every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore curated content from publishers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Mobile Application Software
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:SNAP
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.snap.com
- Market Cap: $15.8 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,178,849,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $17.08
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $19.94
- 52 Week Range: $13.40 - $29.44
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -35.26
- P/E Growth: -0.37
- Annual Revenue: $515.33 million
- Price / Sales: 30.65
- Book Value: $3.17 per share
- Price / Book: 4.23
- EBIDTA: ($2,590,000,000.00)
- Current Ratio: 14.29%
- Quick Ratio: 14.29%
- Average Volume: 18.56 million shs.
- Short Ratio: 5.19
Frequently Asked Questions for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
What is Snap's stock symbol?
Snap trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SNAP."
How were Snap's earnings last quarter?
Snap Inc. (NYSE:SNAP) released its earnings results on Wednesday, May, 10th. The company reported ($2.31) earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of ($2.05) by $0.26. The business earned $149.60 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $158.32 million. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 285.6% on a year-over-year basis. View Snap's Earnings History.
Where is Snap's stock going? Where will Snap's stock price be in 2017?
41 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for Snap's stock. Their forecasts range from $9.00 to $31.00. On average, they anticipate Snap's stock price to reach $21.44 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Snap.
What are analysts saying about Snap stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Snap stock:
- 1. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We view shares as a compelling risk / reward opportunity and upgrade SNAP shares to Buy from Hold. Our 12-month, DCF-based Price Target of $22 remains unchanged. We highlight our key points below in the attached presentation." (7/13/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Snap Inc. provides technology and social media services. The Company's principal product Snapchat, is a camera application that helps people to communicate through short videos and images. Snap Inc. is headquartered in Venice, California. " (7/12/2017)
- 3. Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "sometimes grow in fits and starts," Ju argued. The longer-term picture is encouraging and the social media platform and hardware company will benefit from two themes: 1) better access to the younger demographic and 2) improving ROI/measurability.Moreover, at below $17 per share, Snap's stock represents a favorable risk to reward profile with further downside potential of just 13 percent but upside potential of 45 percent, the analyst emphasized. Also important to keep in mind is the fact that approximately 711 million shares could come into the market after a standard lock-up period. As such, investors should expect higher levels of volatility in the near term.Bottom line, although Snap hasn't demonstrated a "more comfortable growth path" it is still a "scarce asset" (7/10/2017)
- 4. JMP Securities analysts commented, "We were encouraged to hear that newer products, such as Search, World Lenses, and greater Discover content, are driving engagement high," (5/11/2017)
- 5. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "We updated our survey on 1,000 FB & Snapchat users from ’16 and found both Instagram and Snapchat are both seeing continued user growth, with Snapchat usage growing fastest among the older demographic. Additionally, we highlight Snap’s recent improvements to targeting and the increase gamified ad formats will help drive ARPU growth over time." (4/17/2017)
Are investors shorting Snap?
Snap saw a decrease in short interest in July. As of July 14th, there was short interest totalling 68,918,714 shares, a decrease of 4.0% from the June 30th total of 71,813,501 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 14,038,002 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 4.9 days. Currently, 18.2% of the company's shares are sold short.
Who are some of Snap's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Snap include Momo (MOMO), GrubHub (GRUB), Cheetah Mobile (CMCM), Mitek Systems (MITK), Telenav (TNAV), Bango plc (BGO), SITO Mobile (SITO), Artilium plc (ARTA), Nektan PLC (NKTN), China Mobile Games & Entnmnt Grp Ltd (CMGE), GLOBO Plc (GBO), iDreamSky Technology Ltd (DSKY) and Motive Television Plc (MTV).
Who are Snap's key executives?
Snap's management team includes the folowing people:
- Michael M. Lynton, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Evan Spiegel, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder, Director
- Robert C. Murphy, Co-Founder, Chief Technology Officer, Director
- Andrew Vollero, Chief Financial Officer
- Timothy Sehn, Senior Vice President - Engineering
- Steven Michael Horowitz, Vice President - Engineering
- Christopher T. Handman, General Counsel
- Imran Khan, Chief Strategy Officer
- Joanna Coles, Independent Director
- A. G. Lafley, Independent Director
When did Snap IPO?
(SNAP) raised $3 billion in an IPO on Thursday, March 2nd 2017. The company issued 200,000,000 shares at a price of $14.00-$16.00 per share. Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, J. P. Morgan and Deutsche Bank Securities acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Barclays, Credit Suisse and Allen & Company were co-managers.
Who owns Snap stock?
Snap's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD (0.21%), KPCB DGF Associates LLC (0.30%), NEA Management Company LLC (0.07%), Atlas Venture Associates IX LLC (0.02%), Creative Planning (0.01%) and Exane Derivatives (0.01%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Snap.
Who sold Snap stock? Who is selling Snap stock?
Who bought Snap stock? Who is buying Snap stock?
Snap's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Sumitomo Mitsui Asset Management Company LTD, NEA Management Company LLC, Atlas Venture Associates IX LLC, Exane Derivatives, Creative Planning, Narwhal Capital Management, Malaga Cove Capital LLC and Dubuque Bank & Trust Co.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Snap.
How do I buy Snap stock?
Shares of Snap can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Snap's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Snap (NYSE SNAP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Snap and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Snap stock can currently be purchased for approximately $13.40.
Consensus Ratings for Snap (NYSE:SNAP) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||8 Sell Ratings, 20 Hold Ratings, 13 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.12)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$21.44 (60.00% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
(Data available from 7/26/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/25/2017||Cleveland Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||Low|
|7/22/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||Medium|
|7/17/2017||Drexel Hamilton||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$30.00||Medium|
|7/14/2017||Cowen and Company||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$21.00 -> $26.00||Medium|
|7/14/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$20.00||Medium|
|7/13/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$20.00 -> $16.50||Medium|
|7/13/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$18.00||Low|
|7/13/2017||Pivotal Research||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$9.00||Low|
|7/11/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$31.00||High|
|7/11/2017||Morgan Stanley||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||$16.00||High|
|7/11/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$23.00||High|
|7/10/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform -> Outperform||$30.00 -> $25.00||Medium|
|6/9/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||Low|
|6/9/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$24.00 -> $22.00||High|
|6/5/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$20.00 -> $18.00||Low|
|5/22/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$30.00||Low|
|5/12/2017||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$22.00 -> $15.00||High|
|5/12/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||High|
|5/12/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$22.00||High|
|5/12/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Buy||$30.00 -> $23.00||High|
|5/11/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$28.00||High|
|5/11/2017||William Blair||Lower Price Target||Outperform||$16.00 -> $14.00||High|
|5/11/2017||JMP Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$24.00 -> $28.00||Medium|
|5/11/2017||Nomura||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$16.00 -> $28.00||High|
|5/11/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Upgrade||Underweight -> Neutral||$18.00 -> $17.00||High|
|4/6/2017||Loop Capital||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$21.00||Low|
|4/4/2017||BTIG Research||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$22.20||Low|
|4/3/2017||Argus||Initiated Coverage||Hold -> Hold||Low|
|3/31/2017||Moffett Nathanson||Reiterated Rating||Sell||Low|
|3/29/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$30.00||Medium|
|3/28/2017||Summit Research||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$17.00||Medium|
|3/27/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$25.00||Low|
|3/27/2017||Summit Redstone||Initiated Coverage||Sell||$17.00||High|
|3/23/2017||OTR Global||Initiated Coverage||Positive -> Positive||$20.00||Medium|
|3/21/2017||Atlantic Securities||Reiterated Rating||Underweight||$14.00||High|
|3/20/2017||Monness Crespi & Hardt||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$25.00||Low|
|3/9/2017||FBN Securities||Initiated Coverage||Hold||$23.00||Low|
Earnings History for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)Earnings History by Quarter for Snap (NYSE SNAP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/10/2017||Q1 2017||($2.05)||($2.31)||$158.32 million||$149.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.57 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.38 EPS
Dividend History for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
Latest Headlines for Snap (NYSE:SNAP)
Snap (SNAP) Chart for Wednesday, July, 26, 2017