Snap Inc. operates as a camera company in the United States and internationally. The company offers Snapchat, a camera application that helps people to communicate through short videos and images. It also provides Camera, a tool to personalize and add context to Snaps; Friends Page that allows to creating and watching stories, chatting with groups, making voice and video calls, and communicating through a range of contextual stickers and Bitmojis; and Discover that helps to surface the most interesting stories from publishers, creators, and the community, based on a user's subscriptions and interests. In addition, the company offers Snap Map, which enables individuals to pinch on the camera screen for bringing a live map of their location, as well as showing nearby friends, popular stories, and a heatmap of recent Snaps posted to their story; Memories that allows users to choose to save the Snaps they create in a searchable personal collection, and users to create Snaps and stories from their saved Snaps and camera roll; and Spectacles, a hardware product that connects with Snapchat and capture video from a human perspective. The company was formerly known as Snapchat, Inc. and changed its name to Snap Inc. in September 2016. Snap Inc. was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in Venice, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Computer programming, data processing, & other computer related
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-7.07
Forward P/E Ratio-12.56
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$824.95 million
Price / Sales21.86
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$2.45 per share
Price / Book6.00
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($2.08)
Return on Equity-100.64%
Return on Assets-90.92%
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Snap's stock symbol?
Snap trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SNAP."
How were Snap's earnings last quarter?
Snap Inc. (NYSE:SNAP) issued its earnings results on Tuesday, February, 6th. The company reported ($0.27) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.33) by $0.06. The business earned $285.69 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $251.74 million. Snap had a negative return on equity of 100.64% and a negative net margin of 417.61%. View Snap's Earnings History.
When is Snap's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for SNAP?
36 brokerages have issued 12 month price targets for Snap's shares. Their forecasts range from $7.00 to $30.00. On average, they anticipate Snap's stock price to reach $17.0968 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Snap.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Snap stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Snap stock:
- 1. Pivotal Research analysts commented, "We see the advertiser expansion as an important source of revenue diversification and reflects Snap’s capacity to grow revenue through a broadening of its addressable market. On the other hand, we can infer this result at least partially reflects some degree of deceleration in spending from large brands, which generally view Snap as a niche platform rather than something core to their typical campaigns. However, comments indicating that “of the Top 100 Ad Age Advertisers that started advertising with (Snap) in Q1 of 2016 or earlier, each one of them, at a parent level, also spent with (Snap) in 2017 and over 90 percent of them spent in every quarter of 2017.” Although it does not convey the growth rate of like-for-like advertisers, we think it does reflect a degree of durability for the platform among brands who use it." (2/8/2018)
- 2. Aegis analysts commented, "We suspect that Snap was a beneficiary of ad dollars that could not make its way onto Facebook/Instagram due either to pricing or tight inventory. That may not recur in non-seasonal quarters. The silver lining for the future is that in tests of the app redesign, Snap saw increased ARPU, time spent, and engagement. Remains to be seen whether that applies all over. We remain at Hold but increased our price target to $18 from $13 on higher estimates. Salient Points: (1) gross margin increased 1,400bps QoQ to 36% and cash burn decreased 49% QoQ; (2) the retention rate of new Android users increased by ~20%; (3) over 90% of Snap Ads were bought programmatically, up from 10% in 4Q16, and 80% in 3Q17; (4) Snap Ad pricing decreased 15% QoQ and 70% YoY; (5) Snap Ad impressions grew 90% QoQ and 575% YoY; (6) each week, half of the U.S." (2/8/2018)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Snap is benefiting from its growing popularity among teenagers. The number of exciting features that Snap provides makes its platform more attractive to users as well as advertisers. Snap is also aggressively ramping up its original content efforts to attract subscribers. We believe the company’s initiatives to improve its service in the international markets and redesign the app to make it simpler will help it accelerate user growth and engagement going forward. The company has mixed record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. However, competition from Facebook and lack of revenue diversification are major concerns for Snap. Shares of Snap have also underperformed the industry since the company was listed." (1/17/2018)
- 4. Wells Fargo analysts commented, "We had viewed the possibility of SNAP enabling such third party content sharing functionality as a source of optionality for the companyas it enables significant and valuable behavioral user data collection across the webbut it now appears unlikely to materialize. Snap, Inc. (SNAP)/Market Perform (2) Price as of 11/29/2017: $13.39 FY 17 EPS: $3.00 FY 18 EPS: $1.18 Shares Out.: 1,441.0 MM Market Cap.: $19,293.98 MM Rating Basis Information: SNAP Thesis: We rate SNAP shares Market Perform, as we view potential investment positives including a large and highly engaged audience and rapid revenue growth as counterbalanced by a number of risk factors and a relatively rich valuation." (11/29/2017)
- 5. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Monetization per minute has significant upside potential… We’re modeling for Snap’s 2017 US ad revenue per DAU (ARPU) to rise 53.4% y/y to $9.56 (vs. FB’s (OW) $103.31), and for its 2017 US ad rev per min (x 1,000) to also rise by 53.4% y/y to $0.87 (vs. FB’s $5.66). On both counts, we believe Snap’s monetization has room to go substantially higher as bid density improves on the self-serve platform and as mobile video/ads in the Discover tab ramp up." (9/15/2017)
Are investors shorting Snap?
Snap saw a increase in short interest during the month of April. As of April 13th, there was short interest totalling 91,495,623 shares, an increase of 4.7% from the March 30th total of 87,359,604 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 20,059,204 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 4.6 days. Currently, 21.6% of the shares of the stock are sold short.
Who are some of Snap's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Snap include Red Hat Software (RHT), Weibo (WB), Twitter (TWTR), IHS Markit (INFO), Match Group (MTCH), 58.com (WUBA), Yandex (YNDX), LINE (LN), FactSet (FDS), Sabre (SABR), TripAdvisor (TRIP), The Stars Group (TSG), Interxion (INXN), Wix.com (WIX) and Switch (SWCH).
Who are Snap's key executives?
Snap's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Evan Spiegel, Co-Founder, CEO & Director (Age 27)
- Mr. Robert Murphy, Co-Founder, CTO & Director (Age 29)
- Mr. Michael O'Sullivan, Gen. Counsel (Age 52)
- Mr. Imran T. Khan, Chief Strategy Officer (Age 40)
- Mr. Andrew Vollero, Chief Financial Officer (Age 51)
When did Snap IPO?
(SNAP) raised $3 billion in an initial public offering on Thursday, March 2nd 2017. The company issued 200,000,000 shares at $14.00-$16.00 per share. Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, J. P. Morgan and Deutsche Bank Securities acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Barclays, Credit Suisse and Allen & Company were co-managers.
Has Snap been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about SNAP stock has trended somewhat positive on Thursday, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of news coverage by monitoring more than 20 million blog and news sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Snap earned a media sentiment score of 0.04 on Accern's scale. They also gave news headlines about the company an impact score of 43.59 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next few days.
How do I buy shares of Snap?
Shares of SNAP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Snap's stock price today?
One share of SNAP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.70.
How big of a company is Snap?
Snap has a market capitalization of $19.18 billion and generates $824.95 million in revenue each year. The company earns $-3,445,060,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($2.08) on an earnings per share basis. Snap employs 3,069 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Snap?
Snap's mailing address is 63 MARKET STREET, VENICE CA, 90291. The company can be reached via phone at 310-399-3339 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Snap (SNAP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Snap and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe SNAP will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe SNAP will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) Price Target and Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for stocks using the most recent rating from each Wall Street analyst that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Each analyst's rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
36 Wall Street analysts have issued ratings and price targets for Snap in the last 12 months. Their average twelve-month price target is $17.0968, suggesting that the stock has a possible upside of 16.30%. The high price target for SNAP is $30.00 and the low price target for SNAP is $7.00. There are currently 11 sell ratings, 14 hold ratings and 11 buy ratings for the stock, resulting in a consensus rating of "Hold."
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Hold||Hold||Hold||Hold|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.00||1.98||1.87||2.09|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||11 Sell Rating(s)|
14 Hold Rating(s)
11 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|13 Sell Rating(s)|
16 Hold Rating(s)
12 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|16 Sell Rating(s)|
19 Hold Rating(s)
10 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|9 Sell Rating(s)|
22 Hold Rating(s)
13 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$17.0968||$17.8562||$17.2833||$18.1710|
|Price Target Upside: ||16.30% upside||12.56% downside||23.10% upside||13.71% upside|
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) Consensus Price Target History
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 4/26/2016 forward)
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) Dividend History by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Snap (NYSE SNAP) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 18.52%
Snap (NYSE SNAP) Insider Trading History
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|4/24/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$15.67||$391,750.00|| |
|4/19/2018||Lara Sweet||VP||Sell||18,910||$15.00||$283,650.00|| |
|4/17/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.79||$369,750.00|| |
|4/16/2018||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||15,637||$14.62||$228,612.94|| |
|4/16/2018||Lara Sweet||VP||Sell||10,388||$14.62||$151,872.56|| |
|4/10/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.37||$359,250.00|| |
|4/3/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.06||$351,500.00|| |
|3/27/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$16.34||$408,500.00|| |
|3/20/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$15.96||$399,000.00|| |
|3/16/2018||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||63,117||$16.99||$1,072,357.83|| |
|3/13/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$17.60||$440,000.00|| |
|3/6/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$18.13||$453,250.00|| |
|3/1/2018||Evan Spiegel||CEO||Sell||1,501,300||$16.91||$25,386,983.00||83,830,471|| |
|2/27/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$16.76||$419,000.00|| |
|2/22/2018||Michael Lynton||Director||Sell||29,000||$17.45||$506,050.00|| |
|2/20/2018||Jerry James Hunter||VP||Sell||97,656||$19.38||$1,892,573.28|| |
|2/20/2018||Lara Sweet||CAO||Sell||1,280||$18.88||$24,166.40|| |
|2/20/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$19.27||$481,750.00|| |
|2/17/2018||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||94,781||$18.51||$1,754,396.31|| |
|2/16/2018||Imran Khan||Insider||Sell||588,921||$20.17||$11,878,536.57||9,505,173|| |
|2/16/2018||Jerry James Hunter||VP||Sell||36,399||$20.25||$737,079.75|| |
|2/16/2018||Lara Sweet||CAO||Sell||863||$20.25||$17,475.75|| |
|2/16/2018||Michael J. O'sullivan||General Counsel||Sell||9,248||$20.25||$187,272.00|| |
|2/14/2018||Evan Spiegel||CEO||Sell||2,675,675||$18.72||$50,088,636.00||82,329,246|| |
|2/13/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$18.71||$467,750.00|| |
|2/7/2018||Imran Khan||Insider||Sell||250,000||$20.04||$5,010,000.00||9,755,173|| |
|2/6/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$13.98||$349,500.00|| |
|1/30/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$13.30||$332,500.00|| |
|1/23/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.40||$360,000.00|| |
|1/16/2018||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||22,881||$13.52||$309,351.12|| |
|1/16/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$13.54||$338,500.00|| |
|1/9/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.11||$352,750.00|| |
|1/2/2018||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.90||$372,500.00|| |
|12/26/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.96||$374,000.00|| |
|12/19/2017||Lara Sweet||VP||Sell||29,296||$15.92||$466,392.32|| |
|12/19/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$15.81||$395,250.00|| |
|12/18/2017||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||70,566||$16.09||$1,135,406.94|| |
|12/12/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$15.92||$398,000.00|| |
|12/5/2017||Imran Khan||Insider||Sell||100,000||$15.00||$1,500,000.00||10,005,173|| |
|12/5/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$14.79||$369,750.00|| |
|12/5/2017||Steven Michael Horowitz||VP||Sell||151,872||$14.06||$2,135,320.32||2,296,890|| |
|12/1/2017||Evan Spiegel||CEO||Sell||739,663||$13.63||$10,081,606.69||85,744,509|| |
|11/28/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$13.41||$335,250.00|| |
|11/21/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$12.38||$309,500.00|| |
|11/16/2017||Michael J. O'sullivan||General Counsel||Sell||10,016||$12.54||$125,600.64|| |
|11/16/2017||Steven Michael Horowitz||VP||Sell||286,332||$12.54||$3,590,603.28||2,532,598|| |
|11/15/2017||Imran Khan||Insider||Sell||150,000||$12.46||$1,869,000.00||10,122,665|| |
|11/14/2017||Mitchell Lasky||Director||Sell||25,000||$12.53||$313,250.00|| |
|11/9/2017||Evan Spiegel||CEO||Sell||1,652,966||$12.42||$20,529,837.72||86,657,812|| |
|11/2/2017||Timothy Sehn||VP||Sell||400,000||$14.59||$5,836,000.00||2,669,279|| |
|10/2/2017||Timothy Sehn||VP||Sell||400,000||$14.85||$5,940,000.00|| |
|9/19/2017||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||37,874||$14.64||$554,475.36||1,797,644|| |
|9/5/2017||Timothy Sehn||VP||Sell||400,000||$14.34||$5,736,000.00||2,804,168|| |
|8/23/2017||Imran Khan||Insider||Sell||350,000||$15.00||$5,250,000.00||9,946,464|| |
|8/23/2017||Timothy Sehn||VP||Sell||150,000||$15.00||$2,250,000.00||2,679,168|| |
|8/16/2017||Steven Michael Horowitz||VP||Sell||50,624||$13.04||$660,136.96||2,440,055|| |
|8/14/2017||Andrew Vollero||CFO||Sell||195,100||$12.50||$2,438,750.00||1,882,280|| |
|8/14/2017||Imran Khan||Insider||Sell||150,000||$12.50||$1,875,000.00||9,596,464|| |
|8/14/2017||Timothy Sehn||VP||Sell||400,000||$12.50||$5,000,000.00||2,204,168|| |
Snap (NYSE SNAP) News Headlines
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Snap (NYSE:SNAP) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Snap (NYSE SNAP) Stock Chart for Thursday, April, 26, 2018