First NBC Bank Holding Company is a bank holding company. The Company offers a range of financial services through its banking subsidiary, First NBC Bank. The Company operates through community banking segment. It offers financial services to businesses, institutions and individuals in southeastern Louisiana and the Florida panhandle. The Company's primary focus is on commercial real estate and commercial lending. Its loans include construction loans, commercial real estate loans, consumer real estate loans, commercial and industrial loans, and consumer loans. Its securities portfolio consists primarily of the United States Government agency obligations, mortgage-backed securities, and municipal securities, although the Company also holds corporate bonds. The Company's primary source of funding for its loans is deposits. Its deposits include noninterest-bearing demand, negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, money market accounts, savings deposits and certificates of deposit.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Foreign Regional Banks
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: OTCMKTS:FNBC
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.firstnbcbank.com
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.62
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $5.11
- 52 Week Range: $0.09 - $20.29
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 0.13
- P/E Growth: 0.000
- Net Margins: 30.50%
- Return on Equity: 16.07%
- Return on Assets: 1.30%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.97%
- Current Ratio: 0.96%
- Quick Ratio: 0.96%
- Average Volume: 3.93 million shs.
- Beta: 1.71
Frequently Asked Questions for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
What is First NBC Bank Holding Company's stock symbol?
First NBC Bank Holding Company trades on the OTCMKTS under the ticker symbol "FNBC."
How were First NBC Bank Holding Company's earnings last quarter?
First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC) posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, October, 20th. The company reported $0.18 earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $0.62 by $0.44. The business had revenue of $37.10 million for the quarter. First NBC Bank Holding Company had a return on equity of 16.07% and a net margin of 30.50%. View First NBC Bank Holding Company's Earnings History.
Where is First NBC Bank Holding Company's stock going? Where will First NBC Bank Holding Company's stock price be in 2017?
3 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for First NBC Bank Holding Company's shares. Their forecasts range from $3.00 to $8.00. On average, they expect First NBC Bank Holding Company's share price to reach $4.83 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for First NBC Bank Holding Company.
What are analysts saying about First NBC Bank Holding Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about First NBC Bank Holding Company stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "First NBC Bank Holding Company is a bank holding company that conducts its business activities through its subsidiary, First NBC Bank. The company offers personal and commercial banking services to businesses, professionals and individuals. Its services includes checking accounts, savings accounts, money market deposits, negotiable order of withdrawal accounts, sweep accounts, certificates of deposits , business term loans , loans to purchase cars, boats and other recreational vehicles as well as trustee, custodial and escrow services . First NBC Bank Holding Company is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. " (3/21/2017)
- 2. FIG Partners analysts commented, "Large credit provision leads to $3.00 loss in 4Q16, triggering lower EPS estimates in 2017 ($0.63, down $0.08) and in 2018 ($0.12, down $0.09). This causes us to change our rating to 'Market-Perform' given high uncertainty around the company and stock." (2/6/2017)
- 3. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We are lowering our price target to $4 from $5 but maintaining our MP rating. FNBC announced Carl J. Chaney as the new CEO, replacing interim CEO Hermann Moyse. Mr. Chaney had a 17-year career at Hancock Holding Co. (HBHC), including roles as CEO, president, and director. Thus, Mr. Chaney, in our view, has the requisite experience in bank leadership, regulatory relations, and the New Orleans market to navigate FNBC going forward. What that means for FNBC's current shareholder is less certain. FNBC's shares have sold off in recent days on market fears of the extent of a pending write-down of the deferred tax asset and a rise in nonaccrual loans in the latest call report. We believe FNBC's recapitalization options are narrowing, raising the risk of material dilution for FNBC's current shareholders. Much will turn on how much common equity regulators require FNBC to raise in its recapitalization. Given FNBC's current share price, we now do not discount the possibility that FNBC could enter a bankruptcy process converting some of its debt to equity." (2/6/2017)
Who are some of First NBC Bank Holding Company's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to First NBC Bank Holding Company include Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A), Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A), J P Morgan Chase & Co (JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (WFC), Bank of America Corporation (BAC), Citigroup (C), HSBC Holdings PLC (HSBC), Royal Bank Of Canada (RY), Banco Santander, S.A. (SAN), Toronto Dominion Bank (The) (TD), Allianz SE (AZSEY), Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) (GS), U.S. Bancorp (USB), Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MTU), China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC), BNP Paribas SA (BNPQY) and Morgan Stanley (MS).
Who are First NBC Bank Holding Company's key executives?
First NBC Bank Holding Company's management team includes the folowing people:
- Shivan Govindan, Independent Chairman of the Board
Who owns First NBC Bank Holding Company stock?
First NBC Bank Holding Company's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.47%), Level Four Advisory Services LLC (2.18%), AQR Capital Management LLC (2.09%), Tudor Investment Corp ET AL (0.32%), Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (0.20%) and Bank of America Corp DE (0.15%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for First NBC Bank Holding Company.
Who sold First NBC Bank Holding Company stock? Who is selling First NBC Bank Holding Company stock?
Who bought First NBC Bank Holding Company stock? Who is buying First NBC Bank Holding Company stock?
How do I buy First NBC Bank Holding Company stock?
Shares of First NBC Bank Holding Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is First NBC Bank Holding Company's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS FNBC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about First NBC Bank Holding Company and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of First NBC Bank Holding Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $0.13.
Consensus Ratings for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$4.83|
Analysts' Ratings History for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
(Data available from 6/22/2015 forward)
|4/25/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$3.50|
|3/16/2017||Keefe, Bruyette & Woods||Set Price Target||Hold||$8.00|
|2/6/2017||FIG Partners||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$5.50 -> $3.00|
|6/13/2016||Hovde Group||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||$20.00|
Earnings History for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)Earnings History by Quarter for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS FNBC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/20/2016||Q2 2016||$0.62||$0.18||$37.10 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2015||Q3 2015||$0.82||$0.92||$31.20 million||$31.95 million||View||N/A|
|8/17/2015||Q2||$0.84||$0.88||$30.70 million||$29.66 million||View||N/A|
|1/30/2015||Q4 2014||$0.76||$0.80||$32.10 million||$27.38 million||View||N/A|
|10/28/2014||Q3 2014||$0.68||$0.73||$31.00 million||$30.79 million||View||N/A|
|7/28/2014||Q2 2014||$0.65||$0.65||$29.00 million||$29.48 million||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q1 2014||$0.66||$0.66||$27.90 million||$28.21 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.300 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.000 EPS
Dividend History for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 8.38%Insider Trades by Quarter for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 73.91%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/10/2016||John F French||Director||Buy||2,000||$25.20||$50,400.00|| |
|3/13/2015||John F French||Director||Sell||4,000||$33.63||$134,520.00|| |
|3/11/2015||Marsha S Crowle||EVP||Sell||3,500||$32.29||$113,015.00|| |
|3/4/2015||John F French||Director||Sell||10,000||$32.79||$327,900.00|| |
|2/20/2015||John F French||Director||Sell||3,500||$32.60||$114,100.00|| |
|9/10/2014||Shivan Govindan||Director||Sell||8,000||$33.56||$268,480.00|| |
|5/15/2013||George L Jourdan||EVP||Buy||2,200||$24.00||$52,800.00|| |
|5/15/2013||L. Blake Jones||Director||Buy||6,000||$24.00||$144,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
Latest Headlines for First NBC Bank Holding Company (OTCMKTS:FNBC)
First NBC Bank Holding Company (FNBC) Chart for Thursday, June, 22, 2017