About eHealth (NASDAQ:EHTH)
eHealth, Inc. provides private online health insurance exchange services to individuals, families, and small businesses in the United States and China. The company operates through two segments, Medicare; and Individual, Family and Small Business. Its e-commerce platforms organize and present health insurance information in various formats that enable individuals, families, and small businesses to research, analyze, compare, and purchase a range of health insurance plans. The company's Medicare-related health insurance plans include Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, and Medicare part D prescription drug plans; and ancillary products, including dental, vision, life, and short and long term disability insurance plans. It markets health insurance plans through its Websites, such as eHealth.com, eHealthInsurance.com, eHealthMedicare.com, Medicare.com, PlanPrescriber.com, and GoMedigap.com, as well as through a network of marketing partners. The company also licenses its health insurance e-commerce technology that enables health insurance carriers and agents to market and distribute health insurance plans online; and provides online sponsorship and advertising services. eHealth, Inc. was incorporated in 1997 and is headquartered in Mountain View, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Insurance agents, brokers, & service
Trailing P/E RatioN/A
Forward P/E RatioN/A
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$172.35 million
Price / Sales2.57
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$3.28 per share
Price / Book7.10
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($1.28)
Return on Equity-45.84%
Return on Assets-34.86%
eHealth (NASDAQ:EHTH) Frequently Asked Questions
What is eHealth's stock symbol?
eHealth trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "EHTH."
How were eHealth's earnings last quarter?
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ:EHTH) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, April, 26th. The financial services provider reported ($0.07) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of ($0.41) by $0.34. The financial services provider had revenue of $43.07 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $38.55 million. eHealth had a negative net margin of 46.66% and a negative return on equity of 45.84%. View eHealth's Earnings History.
When is eHealth's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for EHTH?
5 brokers have issued 1 year price targets for eHealth's stock. Their forecasts range from $22.00 to $30.00. On average, they expect eHealth's share price to reach $25.40 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for eHealth.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about eHealth stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about eHealth stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "eHealth, Inc. is the parent company of eHealthInsurance, the leading online source of health insurance for individuals, families and small businesses. eHealthInsurance presents complex health insurance information in an objective, user-friendly format, enabling the research, analysis, comparison and purchase of health insurance products that best meet consumers' needs. eHealth and eHealthInsurance.com are registered trademarks of eHealthInsurance Services, Inc. eHealth, Inc. and its technology was responsible for the nation's first Internet-based sale of a health insurance policy. The Company is headquartered in Mountain View, California. " (5/15/2018)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Change moves slower than expected. The individual market continues to struggle as many insurers have exited the ACA marketplaces and fewer consumers (without subsidies) have purchased plans. The company appears to be scaling back its efforts to sign up subsidy-eligible individuals and compete less for these individuals. EHTH is building up its offering of alternative insurance plans (i.e. benefit packages) to target consumers who cannot afford ACA health plans. These packages include short-term, critical illness, accident, and vision products. In addition to offering benefit packages, the company is now focused on small business. Many of these initiatives did not pay off in 2017 but the company continues to move ahead and transition its business model." (3/6/2018)
Who are some of eHealth's key competitors?
Who are eHealth's key executives?
eHealth's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Scott N. Flanders, CEO & Director (Age 62)
- Mr. David Kirsten Francis, CFO & COO (Age 51)
- Mr. Timothy C. Hannan, Chief Marketing Officer (Age 40)
- Mr. Robert S. Hurley, Pres of Carrier & Bus. Devel. (Age 58)
- Mr. Tom G. Tsao, Pres, Small Bus., Individual & Family Products (Age 47)
Has eHealth been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media headlines about EHTH stock have trended somewhat positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm scores the sentiment of press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. eHealth earned a media sentiment score of 0.15 on Accern's scale. They also assigned media stories about the financial services provider an impact score of 46.31 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are eHealth's major shareholders?
eHealth's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (11.40%), Redmile Group LLC (7.01%), Cannell Capital LLC (6.14%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (3.31%), Cowen Prime Services LLC (2.78%) and Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (1.13%). Company insiders that own eHealth stock include Jack L Oliver III, James E Flynn, Jay Walter Jennings, Michael Goldberg, Robert S Hurley and Scott N Flanders. View Institutional Ownership Trends for eHealth.
Which major investors are selling eHealth stock?
EHTH stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Eversept Partners LLC, Redmile Group LLC, Hawk Ridge Capital Management LP, Citadel Advisors LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Cowen Prime Services LLC, California Public Employees Retirement System and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP. Company insiders that have sold eHealth company stock in the last year include Jack L Oliver III and Jay Walter Jennings. View Insider Buying and Selling for eHealth.
Which major investors are buying eHealth stock?
EHTH stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Cannell Capital LLC, BlackRock Inc., A.R.T. Advisors LLC, Landscape Capital Management L.L.C., KBC Group NV, Principal Financial Group Inc. and Principal Financial Group Inc.. Company insiders that have bought eHealth stock in the last two years include Michael Goldberg, Robert S Hurley and Scott N Flanders. View Insider Buying and Selling for eHealth.
How do I buy shares of eHealth?
Shares of EHTH can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is eHealth's stock price today?
One share of EHTH stock can currently be purchased for approximately $23.30.
How big of a company is eHealth?
eHealth has a market capitalization of $442.54 million and generates $172.35 million in revenue each year. The financial services provider earns $-25,410,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($1.28) on an earnings per share basis. eHealth employs 1,079 workers across the globe.
How can I contact eHealth?
eHealth's mailing address is 440 EAST MIDDLEFIELD ROAD, MOUNTAIN VIEW CA, 94043. The financial services provider can be reached via phone at 650-584-2700 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for eHealth (EHTH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about eHealth and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe EHTH will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe EHTH will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.