About Diamondback Energy
Diamondback Energy, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas company. The Company is focused on the acquisition, development, exploration and exploitation of unconventional onshore oil and natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin in West Texas. Its total net acreage position in the Permian Basin is approximately 84,680 net acres. The Company, through its subsidiary Viper Energy Partners LP (Viper), owns mineral interests underlying approximately 46,560 gross (17,060 net) acres primarily in Midland County, Texas in the Permian Basin. Approximately 60% of these net acres are operated by the Company. It has drilled or participated in the drilling 490 gross wells on its leasehold acreage in Permian Basin area, primarily targeting the Wolfberry play. The Permian Basin area covers a portion of western Texas and eastern New Mexico. Its activities are focused on the Clearfork, Spraberry, Wolfcamp, Cline, Strawn and Atoka formations, which it collectively refers as the Wolfberry play.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Independent Oil & Gas
- Sub-Industry: Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: FANG
- CUSIP: 25278X10
- Previous Close: $106.84
- 50 Day Moving Average: $104.16
- 200 Day Moving Average: $99.32
- 52-Week Range: $67.52 - $114.00
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 17.53
- P/E Growth: 0.78
- Market Cap: $9.20B
- Outstanding Shares: 78,066,000
- Beta: 1.12
- Net Margins: -82.83%
- Return on Equity: 4.26%
- Return on Assets: 3.34%
Companies Related to Diamondback Energy:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.18%
- Current Ratio: 1.48%
- Quick Ratio: 1.46%
What is Diamondback Energy's stock symbol?
Diamondback Energy trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FANG."
Where is Diamondback Energy's stock going? Where will Diamondback Energy's stock price be in 2017?
24 brokerages have issued 12-month target prices for Diamondback Energy's stock. Their forecasts range from $17.00 to $150.00. On average, they expect Diamondback Energy's share price to reach $110.23 in the next year.
When will Diamondback Energy announce their earnings?
Diamondback Energy is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about Diamondback Energy stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Diamondback Energy stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Diamondback Energy, Inc. is an oil and natural gas company focused on the acquisition, development, exploration and exploitation of unconventional, onshore oil and natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin in West Texas. The Company's activities are primarily focused on the Clearfork, Spraberry, Wolfcamp, Cline, Strawn and Atoka formations. Diamondback Energy, Inc. is headquartered in Midland, Texas. " (2/20/2017)
- Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "FANG's boost to guidance signals to us that some recent fears over service sector tightness, infrastructure or execution risk in the Delaware could be overdone. Given management's typically conservative stance towards guidance, we do not believe they would have raised expectations for production unless they believe those aforementioned risks are low. The activity ramp out in the Delaware (three rigs in 2017) should materialize as we have anticipated. With the type of production and debt-adjusted cash flow growth we expect from FANG, we maintain our bullish stance." (2/16/2017)
- Mizuho analysts commented, "We believe FANG shares have room to slither higher, and reiterate our Buy rating and $124 PT. The inimitable low cost structure Diamondback has, due to its mineral rights ownership via Viper Energy Partners, continues to separate the company from its growth Permian peers. We increase our EBITDA estimates by 5% in '17/'18, reflecting more efficient growth than previously forecasted. The company's maturation to exploitation from acquisition appears imminent, following this month's closing of the Brigham Resources acquisition. Transition from acquisition to exploitation should appeal to investors. Management was as candid as they have ever been on the earnings call about not needing more inventory in the near-term future and pivoting toward "resource execution", versus "resource capture"." (2/16/2017)
Who owns Diamondback Energy stock?
Diamondback Energy's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (12.50%), Van ECK Associates Corp (2.50%), State Street Corp (2.34%), Eton Park Capital Management L.P. (1.89%), Zimmer Partners LP (1.86%) and Alyeska Investment Group L.P. (1.35%). Company insiders that own Diamondback Energy stock include Elizabeth Moses, Jeffrey L White, Mark Lawrence Plaumann, Michael L Hollis, Paul Molnar, Randall J Holder, Russell Pantermuehl, Teresa L Dick, Travis D Stice and Wexford Capital Lp.
Who sold Diamondback Energy stock? Who is selling Diamondback Energy stock?
Diamondback Energy's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, Van ECK Associates Corp, Franklin Resources Inc., Fiera Capital Corp, Columbia Wanger Asset Management LLC, Peregrine Asset Advisers Inc., Westwood Holdings Group Inc. and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP. Company insiders that have sold Diamondback Energy stock in the last year include Elizabeth Moses, Mark Lawrence Plaumann, Michael L Hollis, Paul Molnar, Russell Pantermuehl, Teresa L Dick and Travis D Stice.
Who bought Diamondback Energy stock? Who is buying Diamondback Energy stock?
Diamondback Energy's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Eton Park Capital Management L.P., FMR LLC, Zimmer Partners LP, Discovery Capital Management LLC CT, State Street Corp, FIL Ltd and Marshall Wace LLP.
How do I buy Diamondback Energy stock?
Shares of Diamondback Energy can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Diamondback Energy stock cost?
One share of Diamondback Energy stock can currently be purchased for approximately $102.03.