About Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a specialty retailer who primarily sells its products through store and direct-to-consumer operations, as well as through various wholesale, franchise and licensing arrangements. The Company operates through two segments: Abercrombie, which includes the Company's Abercrombie & Fitch and abercrombie kids brands, and Hollister, which includes the Company's Hollister and Gilly Hicks brands. The Company offers an array of apparel products, including knit tops, woven shirts, graphic t-shirts, fleece, sweaters, jeans, woven pants, shorts, outerwear, dresses, intimates and swimwear, and personal care products and accessories for men, women and kids under the Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister and Gilly Hicks brands. The Company has operations in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. As of January 28, 2017, the Company operated 709 stores in the United States and 189 stores outside of the United States.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Apparel & Accessories Retailers
- Sub-Industry: Apparel Retail
- Symbol: NYSE:ANF
- CUSIP: 00289620
- Web: www.abercrombie.com
- Market Cap: $954.58 million
- Outstanding Shares: 68,087,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.88
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $12.12
- 52 Week Range: $8.81 - $17.35
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 701.00
- P/E Growth: -24.82
- Annual Revenue: $3.3 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.29
- Book Value: $16.99 per share
- Price / Book: 0.83
- Annual Dividend: $0.80
- Dividend Yield: 5.8%
- EBITDA: $181.74 million
- Net Margins: -0.62%
- Return on Equity: -0.79%
- Return on Assets: -0.42%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.27%
- Current Ratio: 2.16%
- Quick Ratio: 1.21%
- Average Volume: 2.95 million shs.
- Beta: 0.83
- Short Ratio: 6.65
Frequently Asked Questions for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
What is Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock symbol?
Abercrombie & Fitch Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "ANF."
How often does Abercrombie & Fitch Company pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Abercrombie & Fitch Company?
Abercrombie & Fitch Company announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, August 18th. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be given a dividend of $0.20 per share on Monday, September 11th. This represents a $0.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 5.71%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, August 30th. View Abercrombie & Fitch Company's Dividend History.
How were Abercrombie & Fitch Company's earnings last quarter?
Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August, 24th. The company reported ($0.16) EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.33) by $0.17. The business had revenue of $779 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $758.57 million. Abercrombie & Fitch Company had a negative return on equity of 0.79% and a negative net margin of 0.62%. The company's revenue for the quarter was down .5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted ($0.25) EPS. View Abercrombie & Fitch Company's Earnings History.
When will Abercrombie & Fitch Company make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock going? Where will Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock price be in 2017?
21 brokerages have issued twelve-month price targets for Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock. Their forecasts range from $9.00 to $16.00. On average, they expect Abercrombie & Fitch Company's share price to reach $12.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Abercrombie & Fitch Company.
What are analysts saying about Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Abercrombie outperformed the industry year to date driven by strategic capital investments, cost saving efforts, loyalty and marketing programs gaining traction. It posted solid quarterly results in a long time as both top and bottom-line beat in second-quarter fiscal 2017. This was Abercrombie’s first positive earnings surprise in last six quarters, following in-line results in first-quarter. Sales topped for the second straight quarter. The quarter marked a significant progress on its strategic initiatives and reflected strength in Hollister and direct-to-customer businesses. The company also provided an encouraging view for fiscal 2017 and the fiscal second half. Additionally, it expects foreign currency to be a tailwind going forward, reflecting slight gains in sales and operating income. However, Abercrombie’s namesake brand continued to weigh on performance. Moreover, margins remain strained due to a highly promotional backdrop." (9/12/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "ANF reported 1Q EPS of ($0.91), versus FBR/consensus of ($0.68)/($0.70), including an impact from new stock option changes of $0.14. Management expects SSS to continue to be challenging in 2Q17, although they are expected to improve in the back half of 2017. A&F is expected to be the most challenged, while Hollister should continue to perform well. Both brands are benefiting from newly rolled out loyalty programs and omni-channel investments. Although we are encouraged by ANF’s omni-channel and brand initiatives, we remain on the sidelines until we see consistent SSS improvement and an inflection in margins." (5/26/2017)
- 3. UBS AG analysts commented, "ANF reported 4Q EPS of $0.75 (UBS $0.89; Street $0.75), with EBIT at $61m (UBSe: $102m; Street $79m). SSS declined -5% (UBSe -5.5%, Street -5.4%) with A&F SSS - 13% and Hollister SSS +1%. GM was worse than feared at -130bp YOY (vs UBSe - 25bp), while SG&A delevered by +425bp (UBSe +100bp, partly due to ~$15.6m flagship lease termination)." (3/3/2017)
- 4. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "ANF Shares Pop on Outlook for Comp to Improve...but high short interest ~26% of float, likely helped drive some upside. We are encouraged by momentum at Hollister (4Q comps +1%), and believe management team is talented. However, A&F brand is likely still on a journey, and store base will likely need to continue to shrink to drive productivity. Reiterate Market Perform; we lower our PT to $14." (3/3/2017)
- 5. Mizuho analysts commented, "We have adjusted our estimates and reduced our PT to $14 from $15 to incorporate the weak 1Q guide and the unexpected SG&A savings of ~$100mm that likely led to today's short covering (~26% short interest coming into the print). While we are encouraged by improved earnings visibility from unexpected cost efficiency as well as management's willingness to continue evaluating the store fleet (50% of leases up for negotiations), we remain concerned given Spring weakness and the long road ahead to turn A&F. While easier compares and product changes may aid 2H acceleration, we question the pace and degree of improvements and model A&F comps to turn positive in FY18." (3/2/2017)
Who are some of Abercrombie & Fitch Company's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Abercrombie & Fitch Company include Guess? (GES), Ted Baker plc (TED), N Brown Group plc (BWNG), Buckle, Inc. (The) (BKE), Express (EXPR), Genesco (GCO), Lands' End (LE), Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), Tilly's (TLYS), Citi Trends (CTRN), Francesca's Holdings Corporation (FRAN), Joules Group PLC (JOUL), Sequential Brands Group (SQBG), Stein Mart (SMRT), Xcel Brands (XELB), Stage Stores (SSI), French Connection Group (FCCN) and Kate Spade & Co (KATE).
Who are Abercrombie & Fitch Company's key executives?
Abercrombie & Fitch Company's management team includes the folowing people:
- Arthur C. Martinez, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Fran Horowitz, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Joanne C. Crevoiserat, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Stacia J. P. Andersen, President - Abercrombie & Fitch and Abercrombie (Kids) Brand
- Kristin A. Scott, President - Hollister Brand
- Robert E. Bostrom, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- James B. Bachmann, Independent Director
- Bonnie R. Brooks, Independent Director
- Terry Lee Burman, Independent Director
- Sarah M. Gallagher, Independent Director
Who owns Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock?
Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. (1.78%), Eqis Capital Management Inc. (0.56%), Smith Graham & Co. Investment Advisors LP (0.49%), Exane Derivatives (0.40%), Adams Asset Advisors LLC (0.22%) and Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.07%). Company insiders that own Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock include Bonadies Fran Horowitz, Craig R Stapleton and Diane Chang. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Abercrombie & Fitch Company.
Who sold Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock? Who is selling Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock?
Who bought Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock? Who is buying Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock?
Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V., Smith Graham & Co. Investment Advisors LP, Fox Run Management L.L.C., Exane Derivatives and Adams Asset Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have bought Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock in the last two years include Bonadies Fran Horowitz and Craig R Stapleton. View Insider Buying and Selling for Abercrombie & Fitch Company.
How do I buy Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock?
Shares of Abercrombie & Fitch Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Abercrombie & Fitch Company's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE ANF)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Abercrombie & Fitch Company and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Abercrombie & Fitch Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $14.02.
Consensus Ratings for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||5 Sell Ratings, 13 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 1.90)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$12.00 (14.41% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
Analysts' Ratings History for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/2/2017||Argus||Upgrade||Sell -> Hold||Low|
|9/28/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$12.00||Low|
|9/22/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$13.00 -> $15.00||Low|
|9/5/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||Low|
|8/31/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Upgrade||Underperform -> Sector Perform||$12.00 -> $14.00||Low|
|8/25/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$14.00 -> $12.00||High|
|8/25/2017||Telsey Advisory Group||Boost Price Target||Market Perform -> Market Perform||$11.00 -> $12.00||High|
|8/25/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$14.00 -> $16.00||High|
|8/15/2017||FBR & Co||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$13.00 -> $11.00||High|
|7/10/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Sell||$9.00||High|
|6/22/2017||Wunderlich||Upgrade||Sell -> Hold||$10.50 -> $12.00||Medium|
|6/12/2017||Nomura||Set Price Target||Hold||$10.00||Low|
|6/6/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$10.00 -> $11.00||Low|
|5/28/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Underweight||$11.00 -> $9.00||Low|
|5/25/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Sell||High|
|5/10/2017||Standpoint Research||Downgrade||Buy -> Reduce||High|
|3/3/2017||Wolfe Research||Downgrade||Peer Perform -> Underperform||$10.00||N/A|
|3/3/2017||Cowen and Company||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$16.00 -> $14.00||N/A|
|11/21/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|9/28/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Underperform||$14.00 -> $16.00||N/A|
|8/31/2016||KeyCorp||Lower Price Target||Overweight||$27.00 -> $25.00||N/A|
|8/26/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$18.00||N/A|
|6/16/2016||Stephens||Upgrade||Underweight -> Equal Weight||N/A|
|5/27/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Lower Price Target||Buy||$35.00 -> $30.00||N/A|
|5/16/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Sell||N/A|
|3/2/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Boost Price Target||Hold||$20.00 -> $26.00||N/A|
|11/20/2015||Evercore ISI||Upgrade||Sell -> Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)Earnings History by Quarter for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE ANF)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/24/2017||Q2 2018||($0.33)||($0.16)||$758.57 million||$779.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/25/2017||Q1 17||($0.70)||($0.91)||$651.25 million||$661.10 million||View||N/A|
|3/2/2017||1/31/2017||$0.75||$0.71||$1.05 billion||$1.04 billion||View||Listen|
|11/18/2016||Q316||$0.21||$0.02||$830.65 million||$821.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/30/2016||Q216||($0.20)||($0.25)||$782.64 million||$783.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/26/2016||Q116||($0.51)||($0.59)||$709.48 million||$685.50 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2016||Q415||$0.99||$1.08||$1.10 billion||$1.11 billion||View||Listen|
|11/20/2015||Q315||$0.22||$0.48||$869.02 million||$878.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/26/2015||Q215||($0.04)||$0.12||$812.03 million||$817.80 million||View||Listen|
|5/28/2015||Q115||($0.34)||($0.53)||$730.08 million||$709.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/4/2015||Q414||$1.13||$1.15||$1.17 billion||$1.12 billion||View||Listen|
|12/3/2014||Q314||$0.41||$0.42||$918.30 million||$911.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/28/2014||Q214||$0.11||$0.19||$909.62 million||$891.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/29/2014||Q114||($0.18)||($0.17)||$797.86 million||$822.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2014||Q413||$0.89||$1.34||$1.36 billion||$1.30 billion||View||Listen|
|11/21/2013||Q313||$0.45||$0.52||$1.06 billion||$1.03 billion||View||Listen|
|8/22/2013||Q2 2013||$0.28||$0.16||$996.64 million||$945.70 million||View||Listen|
|5/24/2013||Q1 2013||($0.05)||($0.09)||$941.66 million||$838.90 million||View||Listen|
|2/22/2013||Q4 2012||$1.96||$2.21||$1.49 billion||$1.47 billion||View||Listen|
|11/14/2012||Q312||$0.59||$0.87||$1.11 billion||$1.17 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.22
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.07
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/11/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||-9.10% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||-258.06% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
-2,666.67% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
4,000.00% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE ANF)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.64%Insider Trades by Quarter for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 98.24%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/8/2016||Bonadies Fran Horowitz||Insider||Buy||15,000||$17.32||$259,800.00|| |
|9/1/2016||Craig R Stapleton||Director||Buy||10,000||$17.65||$176,500.00|| |
|3/18/2016||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||7,600||$32.05||$243,580.00|| |
|3/10/2016||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||400||$32.50||$13,000.00|| |
|9/21/2015||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||1,800||$21.79||$39,222.00|| |
|6/9/2015||Christos E Angelides||Insider||Buy||45,200||$22.16||$1,001,632.00|| |
|6/4/2015||Bonadies Fran Horowitz||Insider||Buy||10,000||$22.55||$225,500.00|| |
|3/25/2015||Sarah M Gallagher||Director||Buy||2,800||$22.34||$62,552.00|| |
|3/24/2015||Bonnie R Brooks||Director||Buy||2,200||$22.62||$49,764.00|| |
|3/23/2015||Terry Lee Burman||Director||Buy||10,000||$22.38||$223,800.00|| |
|3/5/2015||Charles R Perrin||Director||Buy||10,000||$19.80||$198,000.00|| |
|6/23/2014||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||2,000||$43.03||$86,060.00|| |
|6/2/2014||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||7,195||$38.51||$277,079.45|| |
|5/30/2014||Craig R Stapleton||Director||Buy||10,000||$37.30||$373,000.00|| |
|5/15/2014||Michael Jeffries||CEO||Sell||50,000||$36.96||$1,848,000.00|| |
|4/28/2014||Michael Jeffries||CEO||Sell||50,000||$36.47||$1,823,500.00|| |
|3/28/2014||Michael Jeffries||CEO||Sell||50,000||$38.59||$1,929,500.00|| |
|3/25/2014||Jonathan Ramsden||CFO||Sell||3,748||$39.38||$147,596.24|| |
|3/21/2014||Jonathan Ramsden||CFO||Sell||5,681||$39.70||$225,535.70|| |
|3/18/2014||Charles Perrin||Director||Buy||10,000||$39.50||$395,000.00|| |
|3/18/2014||Jonathan Ramsden||CFO||Sell||2,775||$39.38||$109,279.50|| |
|3/4/2014||Lauren Brisky||Director||Sell||2,500||$41.43||$103,575.00|| |
|2/27/2014||Arthur Martinez||Director||Buy||10,000||$39.35||$393,500.00|| |
|7/30/2013||Michael S Jeffries||CEO||Sell||20,433||$49.38||$1,008,981.54|| |
|7/1/2013||Michael S Jeffries||CEO||Sell||16,710||$46.39||$775,176.90|| |
|6/25/2013||Craig R Stapleton||Director||Buy||10,000||$44.01||$440,100.00|| |
|6/17/2013||Archie M Griffin||Director||Sell||1,179||$49.18||$57,983.22|| |
|6/13/2013||John W Kessler||Director||Sell||2,500||$49.54||$123,850.00|| |
|5/31/2013||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||8,413||$51.00||$429,063.00|| |
|5/29/2013||Michael S Jeffries||CEO||Sell||21,874||$50.01||$1,093,918.74|| |
|5/9/2013||Diane Chang||EVP||Sell||8,918||$53.12||$473,724.16|| |
Headline Trends for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
Latest Headlines for Abercrombie & Fitch Company (NYSE:ANF)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Abercrombie & Fitch Company (ANF) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017