About Costco Wholesale Corporation
Costco Wholesale Corporation is engaged in the operation of membership warehouses in the United States and Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Japan, Australia, Spain, and through its subsidiaries in Taiwan and Korea. As of August 28, 2016, the Company operated 715 warehouses across the world. The Company's average warehouse space is approximately 144,000 square feet. The Company's warehouses on average operate on a seven-day, 70-hour week. The Company offers merchandise in various categories, which include foods (including dry foods, packaged foods and groceries); sundries (including snack foods, candy, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, and cleaning supplies); hardlines (including appliances, electronics, health and beauty aids, hardware, and garden and patio); fresh foods (including meat, produce, deli and bakery); softlines (including apparel and small appliances), and other (including gas stations and pharmacy).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Discount, Variety Stores
- Sub-Industry: Hypermarkets & Super Centers
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: COST
- CUSIP: 22160K10
- Previous Close: $177.56
- 50 Day Moving Average: $167.48
- 200 Day Moving Average: $158.20
- 52-Week Range: $439,240,000.00 - $138.57
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 32.40
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 27.11
- P/E Growth: 2.89
- Market Cap: $77.99B
- Outstanding Shares: 439,240,000
- Beta: 0.89
- Net Margins: 2.02%
- Return on Equity: 20.06%
- Return on Assets: 7.01%
Companies Related to Costco Wholesale Corporation:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.32%
- Current Ratio: 0.97%
- Quick Ratio: 0.41%
What is Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock symbol?
Costco Wholesale Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "COST."
How often does Costco Wholesale Corporation pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Costco Wholesale Corporation?
Costco Wholesale Corporation declared a quarterly dividend on Friday, January 27th. Stockholders of record on Friday, February 10th will be given a dividend of $0.45 per share on Friday, February 24th. This represents a $1.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.01%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, February 8th.
Where is Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock going? Where will Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
28 analysts have issued 12 month target prices for Costco Wholesale Corporation's shares. Their forecasts range from $135.00 to $195.00. On average, they anticipate Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock price to reach $174.38 in the next year.
When will Costco Wholesale Corporation announce their earnings?
Costco Wholesale Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, February, 28th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Costco Wholesale Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Costco Wholesale Corporation stock:
Wells Fargo & Co analysts commented, "We are raising our FY17/18 EPS estimates by $0.02 each to $5.85/$6.50 owing primarily to recent fluctuations in FX and fuel. Reiterate Market Perform." (2/2/2017)
- Guggenheim analysts commented, "COST's (NEUTRAL, $162.06) January sales release will likely have mixed news, albeit with a modestly positive bias. On the positive front, US comps, ex-fuel, are likely to be the strongest in more than a year, lending further credence to the accelerating operating momentum thesis. That said, this result would be bolstered by the cycling of nearly 200 basis points of one-time adverse factors a year ago, Canada and Other International comps are likely to be somewhat below-trend on 10% plus year-ago results, and we would not expect an MFI announcement. Given the importance of the US and steadily improving sentiment, a positive reaction is likely." (1/30/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We are resuming coverage of Costco Wholesale Corp. with a Buy rating and a $185 target price, 14x F2018E EBITDA, supported by our sum-of-the-parts analysis. We estimate modest multiple expansion driven by accelerating sales and operating profit growth in F2017 and F2018 driven by improving comp growth. Anticipated comp improvement reflects favorable y/y comparisons, macro trends, benefits from the mid-2016 change to the Citi Visa credit card, an anticipated late F1H17 announcement of a membership fee increase, and rising gas prices. Current valuation is reasonable, in our view, with the premium to peers justified by Costco's annuity-like membership fee and historical renewal rates." (1/19/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Costco’s sluggish comparable sales performance remains a cause of concern. Comps during the third quarter of fiscal 2016 remained flat, following an increase of 1% in the preceding quarter. While still lower gasoline price is impacting U.S. comps, currency fluctuations are hurting international comps. On the sales front, the company had missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate for sixth quarter in row. Stiff competition and cautious consumer spending have been weighing upon the sector’s performance. Nevertheless, cash-strapped customers continue to reckon Costco as a viable option for low-cost necessities. It continues to be one of the dominant retail wholesalers based on the breadth and quality of merchandise offered. We are also encouraged by the company’s expansion strategy, as it remains committed to opening new clubs in the domestic and international markets.The company is also gradually expanding its E-commerce capabilities." (9/13/2016)
Who owns Costco Wholesale Corporation stock?
Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (4.07%), FMR LLC (2.71%), Janus Capital Management LLC (0.96%), Brown Advisory Inc. (0.74%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (0.64%) and Davis Selected Advisers (0.42%). Company insiders that own Costco Wholesale Corporation stock include David S Petterson, Dennis R Zook, Douglas W Schutt, Franz E Lazarus, James D Sinegal, James P Murphy, Jeffrey H Brotman, Jill S Ruckelshaus, John D Mckay, John W Meisenbach, John W Stanton, Joseph P Portera, Paul G Moulton, Richard A Galanti, Richard M Libenson, Roland Michael Vachris, Timothy L Rose and W Craig Jelinek.
Who sold Costco Wholesale Corporation stock? Who is selling Costco Wholesale Corporation stock?
Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Bessemer Group Inc., Janus Capital Management LLC, Alkeon Capital Management LLC, Brown Advisory Inc., Davis Selected Advisers, ShearLink Capital LLC and Public Sector Pension Investment Board. Company insiders that have sold Costco Wholesale Corporation stock in the last year include David S Petterson, Dennis R Zook, Douglas W Schutt, Franz E Lazarus, James D Sinegal, James P Murphy, Jill S Ruckelshaus, John D Mckay, John W Meisenbach, Paul G Moulton, Richard A Galanti, Richard M Libenson, Roland Michael Vachris and Timothy L Rose.
Who bought Costco Wholesale Corporation stock? Who is buying Costco Wholesale Corporation stock?
Costco Wholesale Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Congress Asset Management Co. MA, Russell Investments Group Ltd., State Street Corp, Genovese Burford & Brothers Wealth & Retirement Plan Management LLC and Davidson Kempner Capital Management LP.
How do I buy Costco Wholesale Corporation stock?
Shares of Costco Wholesale Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Costco Wholesale Corporation stock cost?
One share of Costco Wholesale Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $177.56.