About Pinnacle Foods
Pinnacle Foods Inc. is a manufacturer, marketer and distributor of branded food products in North America. The Company operates through three segments: the Birds Eye Frozen segment, the Duncan Hines Grocery segment and the Specialty Foods segment. The Birds Eye Frozen segment manages its brands in the United States retail frozen vegetables (Birds Eye), frozen complete bagged meals (Birds Eye Voila!), and frozen seafood (Van de Kamp's and Mrs. Paul's) categories, plant based protein frozen products (gardein), as well as its Foundation Brands in the frozen and refrigerated bagels (Lender's), frozen pizza for one (Celeste), single-serve frozen dinners and entrees (Hungry-Man), and frozen breakfast (Aunt Jemima) categories. The Duncan Hines Grocery Segment includes cake mixes, ready-to-serve frostings, brownie mixes, muffin mixes and cookie mixes. The Specialty Foods segment consists of snack products (Tim's Cascade and Snyder of Berlin), foodservice and private label businesses.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Staples
- Industry: Food - Major Diversified
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: PF
- Previous Close: $57.50
- 50 Day Moving Average: $53.94
- 200 Day Moving Average: $51.44
- 52-Week Range: $40.43 - $58.62
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 32.12
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 21.06
- P/E Growth: 2.00
- Market Cap: $6.79B
- Outstanding Shares: 118,070,000
- Beta: 0.3
- Net Margins: 6.76%
- Return on Equity: 13.25%
- Return on Assets: 3.88%
Companies Related to Pinnacle Foods:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.67%
- Current Ratio: 2.00%
- Quick Ratio: 1.03%
What is Pinnacle Foods' stock symbol?
Pinnacle Foods trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "PF."
How often does Pinnacle Foods pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Pinnacle Foods?
Pinnacle Foods announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, February 9th. Investors of record on Tuesday, February 21st will be paid a dividend of $0.285 per share on Friday, April 7th. This represents a $1.14 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.98%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, February 16th.
Where is Pinnacle Foods' stock going? Where will Pinnacle Foods' stock price be in 2017?
14 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Pinnacle Foods' shares. Their forecasts range from $47.00 to $64.00. On average, they expect Pinnacle Foods' share price to reach $55.91 in the next twelve months.
When will Pinnacle Foods announce their earnings?
Pinnacle Foods is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Pinnacle Foods stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Pinnacle Foods stock:
- RBC Capital Markets analysts commented, "Following yesterday's 4Q release, we are raising our estimates to reflect more favorable interest costs and tax treatment. We are also raising our price target to reflect gross margin upside and ongoing market share gains (albeit with near-term packaged food volume softness). We continue to believe the company's 300bps-400bps margin expansion by '19 is achievable, with further long-term M&A upside from acquisitions and a potential sale' Increasing our 2017 and 2018 estimates to reflect more favorable term loan financing and lower taxes; raising target on improved sales visibility: Following the company's 4Q results, we are increasing our 2017 and 2018 adjusted EPS estimates from $2.54 and $2.74 to $2.59 (+21% YOY; cons. $2.51; new guidance $2.55-$2.60) and $2.89 (+12% YOY; cons. $2.72). Our higher '17 EPS includes $0.15 (or 7pp) of below-the-line or one-time benefits (i.e. 53rd week, lower interest, new accounting practice). That said, excluding these items the company still aims to grow EPS by double-digits. In our view, Pinnacle continues to increase its growth gap with larger US Food peers (with the help of brands like Birds Eye, Udi's and gardein) and strong earnings upside potential (with the help of Boulder synergies, 350bps-400bps of annual productivity, and further M&A upside). We increase our price target with to $64 (from $56) which equals 22x our '18 EPS." (2/24/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Estimates have been rising since Pinnacle Foods' third quarter earnings release, wherein earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate, but revenues missed the same. Nevertheless, both earnings and revenues grew on a year-over-year basis, driven by the Boulder Brands acquisition, higher pricing and increase volume. Further, Pinnacle Foods has raised its earnings guidance for the second time in 2016, reflecting acquisition. In fact, the stock has been outperforming the Zacks categorized industry since past one year, ensuring momentum in the stock. Overall, we are impressed with the company’s strong innovation program, robust acquisition and productivity efficiency. Pinnacle Foods has a strong portfolio of brands and invests in innovation. However, higher introductory costs related to innovation, increased consumer marketing investment, input cost inflation and currency headwinds are likely to hurt profits." (12/20/2016)
BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "We believe that GoPro shares have established their near-term bottom following the impact of a weak product cycle in 2015 and ensuing channel inventory issues. In the next three months, we expect improving investor sentiment and major product launch to provide GPRO sufficient tailwinds to outperform its peers in the upcoming earnings season. We see improving supply chain data points to support near-term improvement in GoPro inventory pressure. In the fall, GoPro will release new cameras which are long overdue for updates. Despite the positive short-term outlook, our long- term view on GoPro has not changed yet. We maintain that the structural decline of the camera market will be difficult to overcome unless GPRO continues to make marked improvements with user experience." (7/13/2016)
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) analysts commented, "Deathly Ill" (7/12/2016)
Who owns Pinnacle Foods stock?
Pinnacle Foods' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Iridian Asset Management LLC CT (4.05%), Levin Capital Strategies L.P. (2.42%), Franklin Resources Inc. (1.82%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.47%), Systematic Financial Management LP (1.35%) and Russell Investments Group Ltd. (1.26%). Company insiders that own Pinnacle Foods stock include Antonio F Fernandez, Christopher J Boever, Craig D Steeneck, Mark A Clouse, Mark L Schiller, Michael J Barkley, Michael Kelley Maggs and Robert James Gamgort.
Who sold Pinnacle Foods stock? Who is selling Pinnacle Foods stock?
Pinnacle Foods' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Levin Capital Strategies L.P., Systematic Financial Management LP, Iridian Asset Management LLC CT, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Folger Hill Asset Management LP and Allianz Asset Management AG. Company insiders that have sold Pinnacle Foods stock in the last year include Christopher J Boever, Craig D Steeneck, Mark L Schiller, Michael J Barkley and Michael Kelley Maggs.
Who bought Pinnacle Foods stock? Who is buying Pinnacle Foods stock?
Pinnacle Foods' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Fred Alger Management Inc., Nicholas Co. Inc. WI, Friess Associates LLC, FMR LLC, State Street Corp, Seven Eight Capital LP and Massey Quick & Co. LLC.
How do I buy Pinnacle Foods stock?
Shares of Pinnacle Foods can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Pinnacle Foods stock cost?
One share of Pinnacle Foods stock can currently be purchased for approximately $57.50.