About Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a pharmaceutical and medical device company. The Company is engaged in developing and marketing a range of branded, generic and branded generic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter (OTC) products, and medical devices (contact lenses, intraocular lenses, ophthalmic surgical equipment, and aesthetics devices). It operates through two segments: Developed markets and Emerging markets. In the Developed Markets segment, it focuses on the areas of dermatology, neurology, gastrointestinal disorders, and eye health therapeutic classes. In the Emerging Markets segment, it focuses on primarily on branded generics, OTC products and medical devices. Its pharmaceutical products include Xifaxan, Solodyn and Glumetza. Its OTC products include PreserVision, Biotrue and Boston. Its other generic products include Latanoprost and Metronidazole. Its ophthalmic surgical products include intraocular lenses, such as Akreos, enVista, Crystalens and Trulign.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:VRX
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.valeant.com
- Market Cap: $4.2201 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 348,521,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.81
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $13.59
- 52 Week Range: $8.31 - $24.30
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 3.35
- P/E Growth: -0.34
- Annual Revenue: $9.22 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.46
- Book Value: $11.28 per share
- Price / Book: 1.08
- EBITDA: $3.75 billion
- Net Margins: -12.40%
- Return on Equity: 59.89%
- Return on Assets: 5.37%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 6.86%
- Current Ratio: 1.34%
- Quick Ratio: 1.10%
- Average Volume: 11.92 million shs.
- Beta: -0.36
- Short Ratio: 1.44
Frequently Asked Questions for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
What is Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock symbol?
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "VRX."
How were Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's earnings last quarter?
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (NYSE:VRX) announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported $1.05 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.97 by $0.08. The firm had revenue of $2.23 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $2.23 billion. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International had a positive return on equity of 59.89% and a negative net margin of 12.40%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down 7.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period last year, the business posted ($0.88) earnings per share. View Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's Earnings History.
Where is Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock going? Where will Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock price be in 2017?
19 brokers have issued 12 month price objectives for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's shares. Their forecasts range from $7.00 to $45.00. On average, they expect Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock price to reach $17.74 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
What are analysts saying about Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Once an acquisition giant, Valeant has been caught up in various controversies due to price hike of specialty drugs, erroneous financial reporting and termination of contracts with Philidor Rx Services. After a tumultuous period, Valeant started a rebuilding process with its new CEO, Joseph C. Papa. Even though it is still early to comment on the rebuilding process, but the company’s efforts to sell non-core assets and pay down huge levels of debt is commendable. The company reduced its debt by $4.8 billion and expects to meet its target of $5 billion debt reduction ahead of schedule. The GI business continues to struggle with weak sales of Xifaxan but should see gain in market share with an increased sales force. Valeant trimmed its guidance due to recent divestitures. However, weakness in the dermatology business persists. Shares have underperformed the industry." (10/12/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Valeant announced that the FDA confirmed it intends to issue a Voluntary Action Indicated (VAI) inspection classification for its Bausch + Lomb manufacturing facility in Tampa, Florida." (8/16/2017)
- 3. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "We have revised our outlook due to the recent VRX financing and accounting treatment for Siliq revenues. While our revenue forecasts have increased due to Siliq, Adj. EBITDA forecasts have declined slightly. Following a modest increase in net debt, our price target declines to $18." (3/23/2017)
- 4. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "Lowered EPS on higher op ex, interest expense We updated our model following the company's 4Q results and 10-K filing, our meetings with management last week, and to reflect preliminary assumptions for the planned debt refinancing. Overall, we lowered our EPS estimates based primarily on higher spending and interest expense assumptions (see below), which reduced our DCF-derived PT to $19 (from $20). While our target implies material upside from the current stock price, we are sticking with our Hold rating pending greater visibility on improved demand trends for Xifaxan and other core assets, stabilization of the Dermatology business, and further steps to address the debt load and strengthen the balance sheet. We are encouraged that the company has begun to deliver on the expectations that it has set (as of 4Q), a theme we hope to see continue in the quarters ahead." (3/7/2017)
- 5. Mizuho analysts commented, "The company is using its recently closed sale of assets to L'Oreal to repay $1.1B of a ~2.8% Term A loan due in 2018 (already excluded from our interest rate calculations). The company plans to refinance its existing credit agreement, issue new Term B loans that extend the maturity of current Term B loans due before 2022 (~$4.3B), issue new secured debt, and repay its remaining Term A loan due in April 2020 ($658M). Valeant also plans to repay a portion of its 6.75% secured debt due in 2018 (current balance is $1.59B). In tandem with this exercise, Valeant plans to relax its maintenance covenants in the revolver (currently $875M) and remove the covenants from its Term B loans. While the refinancing is not surprising, it reflects the cloudy outlook on future earnings, in our view." (3/6/2017)
Who are some of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International include Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd (RDY), Catalent (CTLT), Patheon NV (PTHN), Taro Pharmaceutical Industries (TARO), Akorn (AKRX), Opko Health (OPK), BTG plc (BTG), Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc (HIK), Horizon Pharma PLC (HZNP), Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Corcept Therapeutics Incorporated (CORT), Theravance Biopharma (TBPH), Cambrex Corporation (CBM), Emergent Biosolutions (EBS), Impax Laboratories (IPXL), Innoviva (INVA), Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX) and Akcea Therapeutics (AKCA).
Who are Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's key executives?
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's management team includes the folowing people:
- Joseph C. Papa, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Paul S. Herendeen, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Christina Ackermann, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Thomas J. Appio, Executive Vice President, Company Group Chairman, International
- William D. Humphries, Executive Vice President, Company Group Chairman, Dermatology
- Thomas W. Ross Sr, Lead Independent Director
- Richard U. DeSchutter, Independent Director
- Fredric N. Eshelman Pharm.D., Ph.D., Independent Director
- D. Robert Hale, Independent Director
- Argeris N. Karabelas Ph.D., Independent Director
Who owns Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock?
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include
PAULSON & COMPANY . INC.
(6.00%), Academy Capital Management Inc. TX (0.18%), TB Alternative Assets Ltd. (0.17%), Shell Asset Management Co. (0.03%) and APG Asset Management N.V. (0.02%). Company insiders that own Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock include Argeris N Karabelas, Joseph C Papa, Paul Herendeen, Pershing Square Capital Manage, Schutter Richard U De, Thomas W Sr Ross and Valueact Capital Master Fund,. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
Who sold Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock? Who is selling Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock?
Who bought Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock? Who is buying Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock?
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including TB Alternative Assets Ltd. and Shell Asset Management Co.. Company insiders that have bought Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock in the last two years include Argeris N Karabelas, Joseph C Papa, Paul Herendeen, Schutter Richard U De, Thomas W Sr Ross and Valueact Capital Master Fund,. View Insider Buying and Selling for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
How do I buy Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock?
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Valeant Pharmaceuticals International's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE VRX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Valeant Pharmaceuticals International and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.13.
Consensus Ratings for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Sell Ratings, 12 Hold Ratings, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.05)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$17.74 (46.22% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
Analysts' Ratings History for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/22/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Set Price Target||Sell||$14.00||N/A|
|10/20/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Lower Price Target||Sector Perform||$21.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
|10/9/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$18.00||N/A|
|10/4/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$17.00||Low|
|10/3/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$16.00||Low|
|9/30/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Underperform||$8.00||High|
|9/28/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$23.00||Low|
|8/29/2017||Mizuho||Reiterated Rating||Sell||$8.00 -> $7.00||High|
|8/21/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$45.00||Medium|
|8/10/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$16.00||Low|
|8/10/2017||Rodman & Renshaw||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$17.00||High|
|8/10/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$18.00||High|
|8/9/2017||Scotiabank||Boost Price Target||Sector Perform||$14.00 -> $16.00||Medium|
|7/17/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Set Price Target||Hold||$10.00||Low|
|7/12/2017||TD Securities||Boost Price Target||Hold||$15.00 -> $20.00||Low|
|5/23/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$20.00||Low|
|5/10/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||Medium|
|3/11/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$17.00 -> $12.00||N/A|
|5/29/2016||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$105.00||N/A|
|5/29/2016||S&P Equity Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|4/1/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|3/15/2016||CIBC||Downgrade||Sector Perform -> Sector Underperform||$90.00 -> $24.00||N/A|
|12/21/2015||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|11/23/2015||Maxim Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/2/2015||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$180.00 -> $122.00||N/A|
|10/23/2015||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||N/A|
Earnings History for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)Earnings History by Quarter for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE VRX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/8/2017||6/30/2017||$0.97||$1.05||$2.23 billion||$2.23 billion||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||3/31/2017||$0.87||$2.80||$2.17 billion||$2.11 billion||View||Listen|
|2/28/2017||Q416||$1.20||$1.26||$2.34 billion||$2.40 billion||View||Listen|
|11/8/2016||Q316||$1.78||$1.55||$2.49 billion||$2.48 billion||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$1.48||$1.40||$2.47 billion||$2.42 billion||View||N/A|
|6/7/2016||Q116||$1.37||$1.27||$2.34 billion||$2.37 billion||View||N/A|
|3/15/2016||Q415||$2.61||$2.50||$2.75 billion||$2.80 billion||View||Listen|
|10/19/2015||Q315||$2.68||$2.74||$2.06 billion||$2.79 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q215||$2.46||$2.58||$2.04 million||$2.73 million||View||Listen|
|4/29/2015||Q115||$2.34||$2.36||$1.89 billion||$2.20 billion||View||N/A|
|2/24/2015||Q414||$2.56||$2.58||$2.23 billion||$2.28 billion||View||N/A|
|10/20/2014||Q314||$1.99||$2.11||$2.06 billion||$2.06 billion||View||Listen|
|7/31/2014||Q214||$1.91||$1.91||$1.06 billion||$1.99 billion||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||$1.72||$1.76||$1.04 billion||$1.85 billion||View||N/A|
|2/27/2014||Q413||$2.06||$2.15||$986.30 million||$2.06 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2013||Q313||$1.40||$1.51||$884.14 million||$1.54 billion||View||N/A|
|8/7/2013||Q213||$1.28||$1.34||$820.09 million||$1.10 billion||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q113||$1.25||$1.30||$1.04 billion||$1.07 billion||View||N/A|
|2/28/2013||Q412||$1.21||$1.34||$654.17 million||$946.67 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2012||Q312||$1.13||$1.15||$875.91 million||$884.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.58
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.87%Insider Trades by Quarter for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 50.44%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/21/2017||Schutter Richard U De||Director||Buy||10,000||$14.33||$143,300.00|| |
|5/11/2017||Schutter Richard U De||Director||Buy||20,000||$13.90||$278,000.00|| |
|3/15/2017||Schutter Richard U De||Director||Buy||10,000||$10.80||$108,000.00|| |
|3/14/2017||Paul Herendeen||CFO||Buy||24,000||$10.72||$257,280.00|| |
|3/14/2017||Valueact Capital Master Fund,||Insider||Buy||3,000,000||$10.82||$32,460,000.00|| |
|3/13/2017||Pershing Square Capital Manage||Director||Sell||18,114,432||$11.00||$199,258,752.00|| |
|12/14/2016||Thomas W Sr. Ross||Director||Buy||5,000||$14.73||$73,650.00|| |
|12/12/2016||Pershing Square Capital Manage||Director||Sell||3,476,690||$14.85||$51,628,846.50|| |
|8/11/2016||Argeris N Karabelas||Director||Buy||4,000||$24.65||$98,600.00|| |
|6/10/2016||Joseph C Papa||CEO||Buy||202,000||$24.48||$4,944,960.00|| |
|10/21/2015||Ronald Harold Farmer||Director||Buy||1,500||$181.60||$272,400.00|| |
|7/31/2015||Robert L Rosiello||CFO||Buy||7,875||$254.28||$2,002,455.00|| |
|6/12/2015||Robert L Rosiello||EVP||Buy||12,900||$232.51||$2,999,379.00|| |
|6/9/2015||Ronald Harold Farmer||Director||Buy||1,000||$260.63||$260,630.00|| |
|6/8/2015||Ronald Harold Farmer||Director||Buy||500||$289.20||$144,600.00|| |
|6/2/2015||Pavel Mirovsky||EVP||Sell||38,000||$238.01||$9,044,380.00|| |
|5/26/2015||Anne Clem Whitaker||Director||Buy||7,500||$234.67||$1,760,025.00|| |
|5/4/2015||Robert Roswell Chai-Onn||EVP||Sell||90,938||$222.54||$20,237,342.52|| |
|12/10/2014||Jeffrey W Ubben||Insider||Buy||250,000||$140.06||$35,015,000.00|| |
|12/3/2014||Katharine Berghuis Stevenson||Director||Buy||1,500||$145.73||$218,595.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Jeffrey W Ubben||Insider||Buy||210,000||$142.25||$29,872,500.00|| |
|6/23/2014||Robert Roswell Chai-Onn||EVP||Sell||10,203||$121.70||$1,241,705.10|| |
|5/13/2014||Robert Roswell Chai-Onn||EVP||Sell||10,000||$130.08||$1,300,800.00|| |
|4/1/2014||Norma Ann Provencio||Director||Sell||5,000||$132.18||$660,900.00|| |
|3/21/2014||Laizer Kornwasser||EVP||Buy||2,481||$134.97||$334,860.57|| |
|2/3/2014||Norma Ann Provencio||Director||Sell||5,000||$136.23||$681,150.00|| |
|1/24/2014||Laizer Kornwasser||EVP||Buy||2,536||$132.15||$335,132.40|| |
|1/13/2014||Norma Ann Provencio||Director||Sell||5,000||$133.00||$665,000.00|| |
|12/14/2013||J. Michael Pearson||CEO||Buy||184,247||$81.41||$14,999,548.27|| |
|11/18/2013||Laizer Kornwasser||EVP||Buy||3,500||$107.38||$375,830.00|| |
|11/6/2013||Ronald Harold Farmer||Director||Buy||1,500||$107.98||$161,970.00|| |
|9/13/2013||Laizer Kornwasser||EVP||Buy||1,000||$99.02||$99,020.00|| |
|9/6/2013||Norma Ann Provencio||Director||Sell||4,000||$100.25||$401,000.00|| |
|9/3/2013||Norma Ann Provencio||Director||Sell||5,000||$99.68||$498,400.00|| |
|8/29/2013||Fred Hassan||Director||Buy||51,000||$99.01||$5,049,510.00|| |
|8/28/2013||Ronald Harold Farmer||Director||Buy||2,500||$102.36||$255,900.00|| |
|8/23/2013||Robert Roswell Chai-Onn||EVP||Buy||5,032||$99.30||$499,677.60|| |
|8/12/2013||Brian Stolz||EVP||Buy||4,500||$100.71||$453,195.00|| |
|8/9/2013||Laizer Kornwasser||EVP||Buy||3,500||$100.36||$351,260.00|| |
|6/19/2013||G Mason Morfit||Insider||Buy||1,352,941||$85.00||$114,999,985.00|| |
|6/12/2013||Lloyd Mitchell Segal||Director||Buy||3,190||$84.16||$268,470.40|| |
|6/11/2013||Norma Ann Provencio||Director||Sell||6,000||$85.26||$511,560.00|| |
|3/11/2013||Laizer Kornwasser||EVP||Buy||2,000||$70.61||$141,220.00|| |
|11/7/2012||Brian M Stolz||EVP||Buy||2,040||$52.76||$107,630.40|| |
|11/6/2012||Howard Bradley Schiller||CFO||Buy||18,300||$54.10||$990,030.00|| |
Headline Trends for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
Latest Headlines for Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (NYSE:VRX)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017