About Rice Energy
Rice Energy Inc. (Rice Energy) is an independent natural gas and oil company. The Company is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids (NGL) properties in the Appalachian Basin. The Company conducts its operations through two segments: Exploration and Production, and Midstream. The Exploration and Production segment is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural gas, oil and NGLs. The Exploration and Production segment operates in the cores of the Marcellus and Utica Shales. The Company controls approximately 231,000 net acres in the Marcellus and Ohio Utica Shale cores. It operates approximately 1,164 drilling locations. The Midstream segment is engaged in the gathering and compression of natural gas, oil and NGL production of, and in the provision of water services to support the well completion activities of, Rice Energy and third parties.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Independent Oil & Gas
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: RICE
- Previous Close: $18.62
- 50 Day Moving Average: $20.68
- 200 Day Moving Average: $23.69
- 52-Week Range: $8.64 - $29.36
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 33.85
- P/E Growth: 1.02
- Market Cap: $3.77B
- Outstanding Shares: 202,591,000
- Beta: 1.8
- Net Margins: -61.58%
- Return on Equity: 0.75%
- Return on Assets: 0.39%
Companies Related to Rice Energy:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.39%
- Current Ratio: 5.60%
- Quick Ratio: 5.60%
What is Rice Energy's stock symbol?
Rice Energy trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "RICE."
Where is Rice Energy's stock going? Where will Rice Energy's stock price be in 2017?
26 brokers have issued 12-month price objectives for Rice Energy's shares. Their predictions range from $13.00 to $43.00. On average, they expect Rice Energy's stock price to reach $28.95 in the next twelve months.
When will Rice Energy announce their earnings?
Rice Energy is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Rice Energy stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Rice Energy stock:
- Seaport Global Securities analysts commented, "We expect a fairly large 'data dump' from RICE this quarter as management will likely provide significantly more detail on its FY17 outlook as well as updated type curve assumptions. Regarding its FY17 outlook, we expect RICE to reiterate the preliminary outlook it laid out last quarter (FY17 production of 1,280 MMcfepd-1,355 MMcfepd on D&C spend of $950MM-$1,125MM), along with the number of wells by area, expected lateral lengths and D&C capex assumptions. On that front, we expect management to outline Marcellus and Utica well costs that are well below its current type curve economics of $1,150/ft. and $1,450/ft. in, but above its 2016 expected costs of $800/ft. and $1,250/ft., respectively. And given the operational efficiencies achieved to date, and since RICE has locked in 60%-70% of its service costs in 2017, we believe management will update its current type curve cost assumptions, reflecting significantly improved returns. We also expect management to express confidence that it can successfully execute on ~20K net acres of infill leasing opportunities in Greene County (potentially during 2017 and 2018). We are updating our estimates post our conversation with management. Additionally, we are upgrading our rating to Buy (from Neutral) given RICE's compelling NAV upside and strong multiple compression (FY17 projected EV/EBITDA of 8.3x moves to 5.7x in FY20)." (2/6/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Rice Energy Inc. is involved in the acquisition, exploration and development of natural gas and oil properties primarily in the Appalachian Basin. Rice Energy Inc. is headquartered in Hillpointe Drive, United States. " (11/10/2016)
National Securities analysts commented, "Rice’s production declined slightly in 3Q, preceding what we expect to be a significant increase moving forward. Specifically, Rice produced 747.1 million cubic feet equivalent per day (Mmcfe/d) in the quarter, versus our projection of 764.4 Mmcfe/d. We note that this represents a slight (1%), sequential decline, though the company was affected negatively by a 27 Mmcfe/d prior period adjustment. Absent said adjustment, Rice’s production levels would have reached 774 mmcfe/d, exceeding our projections. As it relates to price, Rice earned realized prices of $2.91 per Mcfe in 3Q16, 6% higher than the prior quarter. Additionally, the company exceeded average Henry Hub natural gas prices by 3% during the quarter. As has become customary, the positive spread results from Rice’s hedging strategy and firm transportation portfolio. Looking to 4Q16, we model 971 Mmcfe per day of production, as volumes from the company’s acquisition of Vantage energy begin to take hold. To that end, we currently expect full year 2017 production to reach 1.3 billion cubic feet per day, representing a 67% annual increase.
We see Rice as both positioned for production growth, and protected from sharp price declines. We note that Rice has not suffered from margin compression, to the same degree as it some of its Appalachian based peers. Importantly, we expect this to continue. We highlight that 85% of Rice’s 2017 production is either hedged above strip, or under contract to be delivered to higher priced regions (i.e. Gulf Coast). Additionally, the 3Q16 acquisition of Vantage Energy provided Rice with 500 additional drilling locations, along with 399 Mmcfe/d of expected future production.
We reiterate our BUY rating and maintain our $30 price target. We derive our target on the basis of daily production, proved reserves, and projected EBITDA (exhibit 5). In doing so, we arrive at our price of $30 per share, implying 33% additional upside. Additionally, we deduct $4.44 per share for net debt, while adding $2.66 to reflect a working capital surplus. Finally, our $30 price target equates to 8.9x our 2016 discretionary cash flow per share (DCF) estimate of $3.37/share.
Who owns Rice Energy stock?
Rice Energy's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Share Andrew L. (14.71%), Viking Global Investors LP (5.53%), FMR LLC (4.65%), State Street Corp (1.85%), Lone Pine Capital LLC (1.84%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.54%). Company insiders that own Rice Energy stock include Daniel Rice, James Wilmot Rogers, John Mccartney, Ngp Rice Holdings Llc, Steven C Dixon and Toby Z Rice.
Who sold Rice Energy stock? Who is selling Rice Energy stock?
Rice Energy's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Viking Global Investors LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Numeric Investors LLC, Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, JVL Advisors L.L.C., GSA Capital Partners LLP, Tudor Investment Corp Et Al and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Public School Empls Retrmt SYS. Company insiders that have sold Rice Energy stock in the last year include James Wilmot Rogers and Ngp Rice Holdings Llc.
Who bought Rice Energy stock? Who is buying Rice Energy stock?
Rice Energy's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Share Andrew L., Lone Pine Capital LLC, Carlyle Group L.P., Renaissance Technologies LLC, FMR LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Discovery Capital Management LLC CT and Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC. Company insiders that have bought Rice Energy stock in the last two years include John Mccartney, Steven C Dixon and Toby Z Rice.
How do I buy Rice Energy stock?
Shares of Rice Energy can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Rice Energy stock cost?
One share of Rice Energy stock can currently be purchased for approximately $18.62.