Sanofi is a healthcare company, focused on patient needs and engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of therapeutic solutions. The Company's segments are Pharmaceuticals, Human Vaccines (Vaccines), and Other. The Pharmaceuticals segment comprises the commercial operations of various franchises, including Speciality Care (Rare Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, and Oncology), Diabetes and Cardiovascular, Established Prescription Products, Consumer Healthcare and Generics, and research and development, production and marketing activities for all of the Company's pharmaceuticals operations. The Vaccines segment is dedicated to vaccines and includes the commercial operations of the Company's vaccines division Sanofi Pasteur and dedicated research and development, production and marketing activities for the Company's vaccines operations. Its Rare Diseases products include Cerezyme, Cerdelga, Myozyme and Lumizyme, Fabrazyme, and Aldurazyme.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:SNY
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.sanofi.com
- Market Cap: $123.26 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 2,511,508,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $48.38
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $47.45
- 52 Week Range: $36.81 - $50.24
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 11.45
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 14.10
- P/E Growth: 1.90
- Annual Revenue: $43.43 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.84
- Book Value: $27.45 per share
- Price / Book: 1.79
- Annual Dividend: $1.10
- Dividend Yield: 3.4%
- EBIDTA: $13.03 billion
- Net Margins: 25.89%
- Return on Equity: 25.34%
- Return on Assets: 14.17%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.26%
- Current Ratio: 1.59%
- Quick Ratio: 1.16%
- Average Volume: 1.23 million shs.
- Beta: 0.88
- Short Ratio: 1.35
Frequently Asked Questions for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
What is Sanofi's stock symbol?
Sanofi trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SNY."
How often does Sanofi pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Sanofi?
Sanofi announced an annual dividend on Friday, February 17th. Stockholders of record on Monday, May 15th will be paid a dividend of $1.5771 per share on Wednesday, June 7th. This represents a dividend yield of 3.65%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, May 11th. This is a positive change from Sanofi's previous annual dividend of $1.10. View Sanofi's Dividend History.
How were Sanofi's earnings last quarter?
Sanofi (NYSE:SNY) posted its quarterly earnings data on Monday, July, 31st. The company reported $0.74 earnings per share for the quarter, hitting the consensus estimate of $0.74. The business had revenue of $8.66 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $8.71 billion. Sanofi had a return on equity of 25.34% and a net margin of 25.89%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 2.3% on a year-over-year basis. View Sanofi's Earnings History.
When will Sanofi make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Sanofi's stock going? Where will Sanofi's stock price be in 2017?
12 equities research analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for Sanofi's shares. Their predictions range from $52.00 to $55.00. On average, they anticipate Sanofi's share price to reach $53.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Sanofi.
What are analysts saying about Sanofi stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sanofi stock:
- 1. Argus analysts commented, "The company also has a strong new drug pipeline that includes Toujeo, a next-generation insulin product, and dipilumab, for atopic dermatitis and other inflammatory conditions," the analyst said.See also: Where Does Zika Virus Vaccine Research Stand Now? FY18 ExpectationsArgus expects the company's 2017 revenues from continuing operations to benefit from the recent acquisition of Boehringer Ingelheim's consumer health business and higher sales of multiple sclerosis products. At the same time, the firm expects reduced diabetes drug sales.The firm also sees margin pressure due to pricing pressures for diabetes products in the U.S. and costs related to the launch of Dupixent and Kevzara, partly offset by a sales force reorganization and other cost-savings initiatives."In 2018, we expect continued solid demand for multiple sclerosis drugs and increased sales in emerging markets to outweigh weaker sales of diabetes drugs, and look for the company's cost-savings program to benefit margins," (9/1/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sanofi possesses a diversified product portfolio with a presence in several therapeutic areas. Sanofi’s focus on streamlining its business and pursuing business development deals is encouraging. Sanofi has several new products in its portfolio and candidates in its pipeline that can contribute to long-term growth. New drugs like Aubagio and Lemtrada are likely to continue doing well. We are also optimistic on sales prospects of Dupixent, which could prove to be an important growth driver. The recent FDA approval of Kevzara for rheumatoid arthritis is also encouraging. Sanofi’s shares have outperformed the large-cap pharma industry this year so far. However, headwinds include a bleak outlook for the Diabetes franchise, generic competition for many drugs and slower-than-expected uptake of new products like Praluent. At the Q1 conference call, management warned that the US diabetes sales will decline faster through 2017." (6/2/2017)
Who are some of Sanofi's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sanofi include Pfizer (PFE), Novartis AG (NVS), Merck & Company (MRK), Novo Nordisk A/S (NVO), Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY), GlaxoSmithKline PLC (GSK), Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Eli Lilly and Company (LLY), Astrazeneca PLC (AZN), GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK), AstraZeneca plc (AZN), Shire PLC (SHPG), Shire PLC (SHP), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA), Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd (RDY), Patheon NV (PTHN), Catalent (CTLT) and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX).
Who are Sanofi's key executives?
Sanofi's management team includes the folowing people:
- Serge Weinberg, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Olivier Brandicourt, Chairman of the Executive Committee, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Jerome Contamine, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- Karen Marie Linehan, Executive Vice President, Legal Affairs and General Counsel, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- Olivier Charmeil, Executive Vice President and General Manager, General Medicines & Emerging Markets, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- Peter Guenter, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Diabetes & Cardiovascular, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- Carsten Hellmann, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Merial, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- David Loew, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Sanofi Pasteur, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- David P. Meeker M.D., Executive Vice President and General Manager of Sanofi Genzyme, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
- Roberto Pucci, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Member of the Executive Committee and the Senior Leadership Team
Who owns Sanofi stock?
Sanofi's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Dodge & Cox (2.50%), Franklin Resources Inc. (0.83%), Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.54%), Boston Partners (0.32%), Hotchkis & Wiley Capital Management LLC (0.23%) and FMR LLC (0.21%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Sanofi.
Who sold Sanofi stock? Who is selling Sanofi stock?
Sanofi's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Dodge & Cox, Hotchkis & Wiley Capital Management LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Boston Partners, Macquarie Group Ltd., Northern Trust Corp and Tekla Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sanofi.
Who bought Sanofi stock? Who is buying Sanofi stock?
Sanofi's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Southpoint Capital Advisors LP, Fisher Asset Management LLC, BlackRock Inc., Janus Henderson Group PLC, FMR LLC, Harbour Capital Advisors LLC, Aperio Group LLC and Schafer Cullen Capital Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sanofi.
How do I buy Sanofi stock?
Shares of Sanofi can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sanofi's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sanofi (NYSE SNY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sanofi and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Sanofi stock can currently be purchased for approximately $49.08.
Consensus Ratings for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 7 Hold Ratings, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.25)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$53.50 (9.01% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
(Data available from 9/20/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/15/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||Low|
|8/30/2017||HSBC Holdings plc||Upgrade||Reduce -> Hold||Medium|
|8/1/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||$46.00 -> $52.00||Low|
|5/11/2017||Berenberg Bank||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||Low|
|3/9/2017||Liberum Capital||Initiated Coverage||Hold -> Hold||Low|
|3/7/2017||Barclays PLC||Initiated Coverage||Underweight||N/A|
|2/9/2017||Natixis||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|1/10/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|1/8/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/29/2016||Morgan Stanley||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||N/A|
|9/23/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||N/A|
|9/14/2016||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|9/13/2016||BNP Paribas||Upgrade||Underperform -> Neutral||N/A|
|6/28/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||N/A|
|5/3/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$58.00||N/A|
|4/12/2016||Chardan Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|2/10/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Lower Price Target||Market-Perform||$52.00 -> $45.00||N/A|
|11/9/2015||Bryan, Garnier & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
Earnings History for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)Earnings History by Quarter for Sanofi (NYSE SNY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/27/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|7/31/2017||6/30/2017||$0.74||$0.74||$8.71 billion||$8.66 billion||View||N/A|
|4/28/2017||3/31/2017||$0.73||$0.76||$8.40 billion||$8.65 billion||View||N/A|
|2/8/2017||Q416||$0.66||$0.67||$9.87 billion||$8.88 billion||View||N/A|
|10/29/2015||Q315||$0.88||$0.89||$10.97 billion||$10.67 billion||View||N/A|
|4/30/2015||Q115||$0.61||$0.73||$9.21 billion||$9.78 billion||View||N/A|
|2/5/2015||Q4||$0.89||$0.79||$11.34 billion||$10.39 billion||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q2||$0.79||$0.72||$11.19 billion||$10.82 billion||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q114||$0.84||$0.81||$11.19 billion||$10.88 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.21
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
|Most Recent Dividend:||6/7/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||-2.50% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||28.06% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
33.03% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
31.61% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Sanofi (NYSE SNY)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.00%Insider Trades by Quarter for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 9.33%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/24/2017||Sanofi||Major Shareholder||Buy||105,820||$482.04||$51,009,472.80|| |
|8/23/2017||Sanofi||Major Shareholder||Buy||60,595||$478.98||$29,023,793.10|| |
|7/9/2014||Sanofi||Major Shareholder||Buy||195,000||$308.27||$60,112,650.00|| |
|7/8/2014||Sanofi||Major Shareholder||Buy||153,000||$311.67||$47,685,510.00|| |
Headline Trends for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
Latest Headlines for Sanofi (NYSE:SNY)
Sanofi (SNY) Chart for Wednesday, September, 20, 2017