About Hortonworks (NASDAQ:HDP)
Hortonworks, Inc. provides data management platforms, services, and solutions in North America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and Latin America. It offers Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), an enterprise-scale data management platform which provides a platform for multi-workload data processing; Hortonworks DataFlow, a data-in-motion platform to automate and secure Internet of anything data flows, as well as to collect, conduct, and curate real-time business insights and actions derived from data in motion, including sensors, machines, geolocation devices, clicks, server logs, and social feeds; and Hortonworks DataPlane Service simplifies managing, securing, governing, provisioning, and consuming distributed data systems. The company also provides Azure HDInsight, a data cloud service that provides customers flexible big data environments on the Azure cloud; Hortonworks Data Cloud for Amazon Web Services, a big data cloud service for analyzing and processing data, and enabling businesses to achieve insights quickly and with flexibility; Hortonworks Cybersecurity Platform (HCP) offers view of business risk through a security lens; and Hortonworks Sandbox, a personal, portable, and free to use Hadoop environment designed to offer the easiest way to get started with HDP or HDF. In addition, it offers support subscription, consulting, and education services. Further, the company's connected data platforms are primarily provided under the Apache open source license with rights to use, copy, modify, and redistribute the software. It sells its products through direct sales team and reseller partners. Hortonworks, Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-6.25
Forward P/E Ratio-8.93
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$261.81 million
Price / Sales5.77
Price / CashN/A
Book Value($0.92) per share
Price / Book-20.77
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($3.06)
Return on EquityN/A
Return on Assets-79.42%
Hortonworks (NASDAQ:HDP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hortonworks' stock symbol?
Hortonworks trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "HDP."
How were Hortonworks' earnings last quarter?
Hortonworks Inc (NASDAQ:HDP) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 8th. The software maker reported ($0.20) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.27) by $0.07. The software maker earned $79.06 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $75.26 million. The business's revenue was up 41.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted ($0.50) earnings per share. View Hortonworks' Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for HDP?
14 Wall Street analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for Hortonworks' stock. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $26.00. On average, they expect Hortonworks' stock price to reach $23.0714 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Hortonworks.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Hortonworks stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Hortonworks stock:
- 1. Rosenblatt Securities analysts commented, "We had the opportunity to host Hortonworks management this week for a se- ries of investor meetings. We come away with our positive view reinforced and remain comfortable with the demand environment, the company’s ability to exe- cute on its disciplined growth plan, strength of the product line and potential leverage from partners. We reiterate our buy rating and $25 price target." (5/23/2018)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Hortonworks Inc. is involved in the development, distribution and support of Hadoop solutions primarily in the United States and internationally. The company provides an enterprise-grade data management platform to capture, store, process and analyze data. Hortonworks Inc. is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. " (5/11/2018)
- 3. Mizuho analysts commented, "We See a Strong Quarter; Expect an In-Line Revenue Outlook; Raising PT Rating Neutral Previous Rating No Change Price (1/10) $20.55 Price Target $23.00 Previous Price Target $14.00 Summary Hortonworks has yet to announce its earnings date; we expect results around the first week of February based on past trends. We expect upside to consensus and guidance as our checks suggest strong demand and execution. We think the company is likely to guide 2018 revenues in-line with consensus, leaving itself room to deliver some upside, while FCF could turn positive in 2H18. In all, we see better execution and industry fundamentals; however, we prefer CLDR over HDP due to better balance sheet and similar valuation. Maintain Neutral while raising out PT to $23 from $14 as we roll our PT forward and adjust our target multiples." (1/11/2018)
- 4. Drexel Hamilton analysts commented, "We expect Hortonworks to provide more color around the revenue opportunity from IBM on its next earnings call; however, we have not reflected this transaction in our model. Essentially, IBM Open Platform customers (IOP) have approximately 18 months (from 6/17) to transition to Hortonworks with the company anticipating the vast majority to move over. We also see great potential in leveraging IBM’s go-to-market capabilities (especially overseas), combined with strengthening the Hortonworks platform." (11/6/2017)
Who are some of Hortonworks' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Hortonworks include New Relic (NEWR), MuleSoft (MULE), Okta (OKTA), National Instruments (NATI), Twilio (TWLO), LogMeIn (LOGM), 2U (TWOU), HubSpot (HUBS), Ceridian HCM (CDAY), Blackbaud (BLKB), RealPage (RP), Medidata Solutions (MDSO), Nuance Communications (NUAN), Ellie Mae (ELLI) and BOX (BOX).
Who are Hortonworks' key executives?
Hortonworks' management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Robert G. Bearden, Chairman & CEO (Age 51)
- Mr. Scott J. Davidson, CFO & COO (Age 52)
- Mr. Alan Fudge, Chief Revenue Officer (Age 57)
- Mr. Alan Gates, Co-Founder
- Mr. Arun C. Murthy, Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer
When did Hortonworks IPO?
(HDP) raised $78 million in an initial public offering (IPO) on Friday, December 12th 2014. The company issued 6,000,000 shares at a price of $12.00-$14.00 per share. Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse and RBC Capital Markets acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Pacific Crest Securities, Wells Fargo Securities and Blackstone Capital Markets were co-managers.
Has Hortonworks been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media stories about HDP stock have been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research firm identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Hortonworks earned a media sentiment score of 0.10 on Accern's scale. They also gave news articles about the software maker an impact score of 46.61 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the next few days.
Who are Hortonworks' major shareholders?
Hortonworks' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (4.41%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (2.08%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (2.08%), Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc. (1.95%), Tremblant Capital Group (1.88%) and Park West Asset Management LLC (1.57%). Company insiders that own Hortonworks stock include Greg Pavlik, Michelangelo Volpi, Robert G Bearden, Scott Davidson, Scott E Gnau, Scott Reasoner and Shaun Connolly. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Hortonworks.
Which institutional investors are selling Hortonworks stock?
HDP stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Park West Asset Management LLC, Cortina Asset Management LLC, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings Inc., Rock Point Advisors LLC, Trellus Management Company LLC, Citigroup Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN and Ostrum Asset Management. Company insiders that have sold Hortonworks company stock in the last year include Greg Pavlik, Michelangelo Volpi, Robert G Bearden, Scott Davidson, Scott E Gnau, Scott Reasoner and Shaun Connolly. View Insider Buying and Selling for Hortonworks.
Which institutional investors are buying Hortonworks stock?
HDP stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Tremblant Capital Group, Stanley Laman Group Ltd., BlackRock Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc., Elk Creek Partners LLC and Lyon Street Capital LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Hortonworks.
How do I buy shares of Hortonworks?
Shares of HDP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Hortonworks' stock price today?
One share of HDP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $19.11.
How big of a company is Hortonworks?
Hortonworks has a market capitalization of $1.51 billion and generates $261.81 million in revenue each year. The software maker earns $-204,500,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($3.06) on an earnings per share basis. Hortonworks employs 1,175 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Hortonworks?
Hortonworks' mailing address is 5470 GREAT AMERICA PARKWAY, SANTA CLARA CA, 95054. The software maker can be reached via phone at 408-916-4121 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Hortonworks (HDP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Hortonworks and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe HDP will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe HDP will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.