About Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
Verastem, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on discovering and developing drugs to improve outcomes for patients with cancer. The Company operates in the segment of developing drugs for the treatment of cancer. The Company's advanced product candidates are VS 6063, VS 4718 and VS 5584. The Company's programs target the Focal Adhesion Kinase (FAK) and the PI3K/mTOR signaling pathways. FAK is a non-receptor tyrosine kinase encoded by the PTK-2 gene that is involved in cellular adhesion and, in cancer, metastatic capability. The Company's VS-6063 (defactinib) and VS 4718 are orally available small molecule compounds designed to inhibit FAK signaling. The Company's VS-5584 is an orally available small molecule that inhibits both mTORC1/2 and PI3K signaling. The Company is engaged in running clinical trials in cancers where there are limited treatment options, including lung, ovarian, lymphoma, pancreatic and other advanced cancers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Healthcare
- Industry: Biotechnology
- Sub-Industry: Biotechnology
- Symbol: NASDAQ:VSTM
- CUSIP: 92337C10
- Web: N/A
- Market Cap: $91.74 million
- Outstanding Shares: 36,992,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.04
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $1.45
- 52 Week Range: $1.05 - $2.54
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -1.72
- P/E Growth: -1.00
- Annual Revenue: N/A
- Price / Sales: N/A
- Book Value: $1.63 per share
- Price / Book: 1.52
- Average Volume: 500,022 shs.
- Short Ratio: 0.45
Frequently Asked Questions for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
What is Verastem's stock symbol?
Verastem trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "VSTM."
How were Verastem's earnings last quarter?
Verastem Inc (NASDAQ:VSTM) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May, 10th. The company reported ($0.35) EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of ($0.35) by $0.00. View Verastem's Earnings History.
Where is Verastem's stock going? Where will Verastem's stock price be in 2017?
6 brokerages have issued 1 year target prices for Verastem's stock. Their predictions range from $1.50 to $6.50. On average, they expect Verastem's share price to reach $4.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Verastem.
What are analysts saying about Verastem stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Verastem stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Verastem, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel drugs that selectively target cancer stem cells. The company discovers, researches, and develops new medicines for the treatment of major cancers such as breast cancer. Verastem, Inc. is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. " (5/16/2017)
- 2. Cann analysts commented, "Verastem’s loss per share of $0.35 was less than our estimated $0.37. This was the result of slightly lower than estimated operating expenses, which were $13.1 million compared to our estimated $13.8 million. Our outlook for 2017-2021 remains basically unchanged other than minor adjustments to interest income and SG&A, which only impact EPS in 2020." (5/11/2017)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "DYNAMO Follow-Up Data Coming Soon. VSTM will present follow-up data with duvelisib in double-refractory indolent non-Hodgkin lymphoma (iNHL) at the International Conference on Malignant Melanoma (ICML), commonly referred to as the Lugano Meeting" on June 15th. We think these data could provide support for duvelisib, should the long-term data prove to be durable. Rethinking Duvelisib. Duvelisib’s past history as a development candidate is potentially masking its true market opportunity, as the drug could be used in Imbruvica failures. We don’t view the outcome of the DUO trial as slam dunk", but we do think that the drug’s potential has been overshadowed by its previous history. The drug is being compared to Novartis’ (Not Covered) Arzerra (ofatumumab), and tested in a setting of relapsed/refractory CLL. Optionality with Defactinib. While duvelisib will be the key driver for the value expansion near term, in our view, VSTM is also continuing development of defactinib. Given the prior history of defactinib (COMMAND) it also appears to us that the clinical profile may not be recognized until additional data are in hand, particularly as some of the work is being conducted via investigator- sponsored trials (ISTs)." (5/11/2017)
- 4. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "According to management, the topline results from the Phase 3 DUO study of duvelisib (a PI3K-??/PI3K-?? inhibitor) for the treatment of relapsed/refractory chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) are expected around mid-year 2017. Recall, DUO is a 300-patient, randomized, controlled study comparing the use of duvelisib monotherapy to ofatumumab, an anti-CD20 antibody marketed as Arzerra by Novartis (NVS; not rated), for the treatment of CLL, with the primary endpoint of progression-free survival (PFS) and secondary endpoints that include overall response rate (ORR) and overall survival (OS). Based on results from earlier stage studies in CLL as well as the previously completed DYNAMO study in indolent non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (iNHL), we believe that DUO is highly likely to meet its primary PFS endpoint. Furthermore, while many investors have doubts regarding duvelisib's commercial outlook in the competitive CLL indication, we believe that, even with less-than-stellar results from DUO, the drug has the potential to capture a material portion of the highly lucrative market for 2nd/3rd-line CLL treatments. Therefore, we expect positive results from the DUO study to be a significant catalyst for the company. Based on our analysis of duvelisib's commercial potential, we are increasing our price target to $6.50 per diluted share, up from $5.00." (3/24/2017)
Who are some of Verastem's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Verastem include RedHill Biopharma Ltd - (RDHL), Novelion Therapeutics (NVLN), Trevena (TRVN), Pieris Pharmaceuticals (PIRS), VBI Vaccines, Inc. - (VBIV), Genocea Biosciences (GNCA), Peregrine Pharmaceuticals (PPHM), Foamix Pharmaceuticals Ltd (FOMX), Athersys (ATHX), Recro Pharma (REPH), Strongbridge Biopharma plc (SBBP), Vascular Biogenics Ltd (VBLT), Fate Therapeutics (FATE), Mediwound Ltd (MDWD), Uniqure NV (QURE), Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT), MannKind (MNKD) and Oncomed Pharmaceuticals (OMED).
Who owns Verastem stock?
Verastem's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Renaissance Technologies LLC (3.32%), Deer VII & Co. Ltd. (3.22%), Vanguard Group Inc. (2.80%), FMR LLC (1.89%), Stifel Financial Corp (1.01%) and Nexthera Capital LP (0.91%). Company insiders that own Verastem stock include Dan Paterson, Michael Kauffman, Monica Singh, Robert Forrester and Timothy J Barberich. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Verastem.
Who sold Verastem stock? Who is selling Verastem stock?
Verastem's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, AWM Investment Company Inc., Stoneridge Investment Partners LLC, UBS Group AG, Howland Capital Management LLC and Stifel Financial Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Verastem.
Who bought Verastem stock? Who is buying Verastem stock?
Verastem's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, TFS Capital LLC, Vanguard Group Inc. and Geode Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Verastem stock in the last two years include Dan Paterson, Monica Singh, Robert Forrester and Timothy J Barberich. View Insider Buying and Selling for Verastem.
How do I buy Verastem stock?
Shares of Verastem can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Verastem stock cost?
One share of Verastem stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.48.
Earnings History for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)Earnings History by Quarter for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
Earnings Estimates for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($1.40)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)Insider Trades by Quarter for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/15/2017||Timothy J Barberich||Director||Buy||30,000||$2.45||$73,500.00|| |
|6/29/2015||Monica Singh||General Counsel||Buy||1,000||$6.95||$6,950.00|| |
|6/29/2015||Robert Forrester||CEO||Buy||2,000||$7.11||$14,220.00|| |
|6/18/2015||Dan Paterson||COO||Buy||1,000||$8.05||$8,050.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Robert Forrester||CEO||Buy||1,000||$7.97||$7,970.00|| |
|1/28/2015||Christoph H Westphal||Chairman||Buy||1,230,769||$6.50||$7,999,998.50|| |
|1/28/2015||Timothy J Barberich||Director||Buy||38,462||$6.50||$250,003.00|| |
|12/29/2014||Joanna Horobin||Insider||Buy||750||$8.60||$6,450.00|| |
|12/29/2014||S. Louise Phanstiel||Director||Buy||10,000||$8.54||$85,400.00|| |
|12/26/2014||Stephen A Sherwin||Director||Buy||2,500||$8.56||$21,400.00|| |
|12/24/2014||Paul A Friedman||Director||Buy||3,000||$8.31||$24,930.00|| |
|12/23/2014||Henri A Termeer||Director||Buy||19,100||$8.09||$154,519.00|| |
|12/23/2014||Monica Singh||General Counsel||Buy||1,000||$8.09||$8,090.00|| |
|12/19/2014||Christoph H Westphal||Chairman||Buy||1,500||$8.50||$12,750.00|| |
|12/19/2014||Dan Paterson||COO||Buy||2,000||$8.52||$17,040.00|| |
|12/19/2014||Robert Forrester||CEO||Buy||1,000||$8.66||$8,660.00|| |
|11/11/2014||Alison Frances Lawton||Director||Buy||2,500||$9.17||$22,925.00|| |
|9/17/2014||Michael Kauffman||Director||Buy||3,000||$9.10||$27,300.00|| |
|5/30/2014||Timothy J Barberich||Director||Buy||1,000||$9.90||$9,900.00|| |
|5/20/2014||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$8.37||$8,370.00|| |
|5/15/2014||Dan Paterson||Insider||Buy||1,000||$7.47||$7,470.00|| |
|5/14/2014||Christoph Westphal||Chairman||Buy||2,000||$7.56||$15,120.00|| |
|5/13/2014||Robert Forrester||CEO||Buy||1,000||$7.62||$7,620.00|| |
|11/18/2013||Christoph Westphal||Director||Buy||1,000||$9.60||$9,600.00|| |
|11/11/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$10.93||$10,930.00|| |
|11/4/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$10.51||$10,510.00|| |
|10/28/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$11.26||$11,260.00|| |
|10/21/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$12.57||$12,570.00|| |
|10/14/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$10.56||$10,560.00|| |
|10/7/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$11.53||$11,530.00|| |
|9/30/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$12.55||$12,550.00|| |
|9/23/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$13.17||$13,170.00|| |
|9/16/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$13.81||$13,810.00|| |
|9/9/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$14.04||$14,040.00|| |
|9/3/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$14.07||$14,070.00|| |
|8/26/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$14.21||$14,210.00|| |
|8/19/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$13.45||$13,450.00|| |
|8/12/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$14.75||$14,750.00|| |
|8/5/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$15.25||$15,250.00|| |
|7/29/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$15.15||$15,150.00|| |
|7/24/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$16.39||$16,390.00|| |
|7/15/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$17.19||$17,190.00|| |
|7/8/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$14.69||$14,690.00|| |
|7/1/2013||Richard Aldrich||Director||Buy||1,000||$14.11||$14,110.00|| |
|6/13/2013||Robert Forrester||COO||Buy||1,000||$11.39||$11,390.00|| |
|6/12/2013||Henri A Termeer||Director||Buy||5,823||$9.74||$56,716.02|| |
|6/12/2013||Lp Chp III||Major Shareholder||Buy||48,171||$9.40||$452,807.40|| |
|6/11/2013||S. Louise Phanstiel||Director||Buy||12,000||$9.30||$111,600.00|| |
|6/7/2013||Christoph H Westphal||CEO||Buy||1,000||$9.06||$9,060.00|| |
|5/13/2013||John K Clarke||Director||Buy||25,000||$9.74||$243,500.00|| |
|5/1/2013||John K Clarke||Director||Buy||10,000||$9.66||$96,600.00|| |
|4/17/2013||John K Clarke||Director||Buy||5,631||$9.50||$53,494.50|| |
|12/18/2012||Lp Chp III||Major Shareholder||Buy||6,193||$7.87||$48,738.91|| |
Headline Trends for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
Latest Headlines for Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM)
Verastem (VSTM) Chart for Tuesday, May, 23, 2017