About Moog (NYSE:MOG.A)
Moog Inc. is a designer, manufacturer and integrator of precision motion and fluid controls and systems for a range of applications in aerospace and defense and industrial markets. The Company has five segments: Aircraft Controls, Space and Defense Controls, Industrial Systems, Components and Medical Devices. Its Aircraft Controls segment designs, manufactures and integrates primary and secondary flight controls for military and commercial aircraft, and provides aftermarket support. Its Space and Defense Controls segment provides controls for satellites, space vehicles, launch vehicles, armored combat vehicles, tactical and strategic missiles, security and surveillance and other defense applications. Its Industrial Systems segment serves a global customer base across various markets. Its Components segment offers slip rings, fiber optic rotary joints, motors, sensors and handpieces product line. Its Medical Devices segment focuses on infusion therapy and enteral clinical nutrition.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Aerospace & Defense
Sub-IndustryAerospace & Defense
Trailing P/E Ratio23.3333333333333
Forward P/E Ratio22.20
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$2.50 billion
Price / Sales1.30
Cash Flow$6.67 per share
Price / Cash13.64
Book Value$33.94 per share
Price / Book2.68
Net Income$141.28 million
Return on Equity13.03%
Return on Assets4.70%
Moog (NYSE:MOG.A) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Moog's stock symbol?
Moog trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "MOG.A."
How were Moog's earnings last quarter?
Moog Inc (NYSE:MOG.A) released its quarterly earnings results on Friday, November, 3rd. The aerospace company reported $1.07 EPS for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.95 by $0.12. Moog had a net margin of 5.66% and a return on equity of 13.03%. View Moog's Earnings History.
When will Moog make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Moog issued on next quarter's earnings?
Moog issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Friday, November, 3rd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $3.90-4.30 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $4.10. The company issued revenue guidance of $2.62 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $2.54 billion.
Where is Moog's stock going? Where will Moog's stock price be in 2018?
3 Wall Street analysts have issued 1-year price targets for Moog's stock. Their forecasts range from $75.00 to $87.00. On average, they expect Moog's stock price to reach $81.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Moog.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Moog stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Moog stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Moog, Inc. is a designer, manufacturer and integrator of precision motion, fluid controls and systems for applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. It operates through five segments: Aircraft Controls, Space and Defense Controls, Industrial Systems, Components and Medical Devices. The Aircraft Controls segment designs, manufactures and integrates primary and secondary flight controls for military and commercial aircraft and provides aftermarket support. The Space and Defense Controls segment provides controls for satellites and space vehicles, armored combat vehicles, tactical and strategic missiles, security and surveillance. The Industrial Systems segment designs and manufactures electric pitch controls and blade monitoring systems for wind turbines and also supplies electromechanical motion simulation bases. Its Components segment offers slip rings, fiber optic rotary joints and handpieces product line. Its Medical Devices segment focuses on infusion therapy & enteral clinical nutrition. " (1/17/2018)
- 2. Cowen Inc analysts commented, "Investors likely will be neutral to essentially on track total Q4 ops & FY18 guide;." (11/3/2017)
Who are some of Moog's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Moog include BWX Technologies (BWXT), Elbit Systems (ESLT), Hexcel (HXL), Exelis (XLS), Moog (MOG), Cobham (COB), Mercury Systems (MRCY), DigitalGlobe (DGI), Cubic (CUB), Axon Enterprise (AAXN), Triumph Group (TGI), AeroVironment (AVAV), Astronics (ATRO), QinetiQ Group (QQ), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS), Ultra Electronics (ULE), Chemring Group (CHG) and Avation (AVAP).
Who are Moog's key executives?
Moog's management team includes the folowing people:
- John R. Scannell, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer (Age 54)
- Richard A. Aubrecht Ph.D., Vice President - Strategy and Technology (Age 73)
- Donald R. Fishback, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President, Director (Age 61)
- Jennifer Walter, Principal Accounting Officer, Controller (Age 46)
- Maureen M. Athoe, Vice President, President - Space and Defense Group (Age 59)
- Lawrence J. Ball, Vice President; President - Components (Age 63)
- R. Eric Burghardt, Vice President, President of Moog's Aircraft Group (Age 58)
- Patrick J. Roche, Vice President (Age 54)
- Gary A. Szakmary Ph.D., Vice President (Age 66)
- Mark J. Trabert, Vice President, President of Moog's Aircraft Group (Age 58)
How do I buy Moog stock?
Shares of Moog can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Moog's stock price today?
One share of Moog stock can currently be purchased for approximately $91.00.
How big of a company is Moog?
Moog has a market capitalization of $3.26 billion and generates $2.50 billion in revenue each year. The aerospace company earns $141.28 million in net income (profit) each year or $3.90 on an earnings per share basis. Moog employs 10,675 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Moog?
Moog's mailing address is 400 Jamison Road, EAST AURORA, NY 14052, United States. The aerospace company can be reached via phone at +1-716-6522000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Moog (MOG.A)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Moog and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Moog (NYSE:MOG.A) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Moog (NYSE MOG.A) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/28/2017||$0.88||$1.11||$613.01 million||$626.20 million||View||N/A|
|4/28/2017||$0.86||$0.88||$610.63 million||$632.40 million||View||N/A|
|1/27/2017||Q117||$0.80||$0.84||$583.15 million||$589.70 million||View||N/A|
|7/29/2016||Q312||$0.88||$1.00||$639.26 million||$613.26 million||View||Listen|
|4/29/2016||Q216||$0.80||$0.85||$608.63 million||$611.14 million||View||Listen|
|1/29/2016||Q116||$0.82||$0.71||$609.66 million||$568.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/6/2015||Q315||$0.94||$0.92||$671.40 million||$623.20 million||View||N/A|
|7/31/2015||Q315||$0.94||$1.05||$683.70 million||$634.54 million||View||Listen|
|5/1/2015||Q215||$0.90||$1.03||$633.50 million||$637.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/30/2015||Q115||$0.86||$0.86||$642.52 million||$631.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/31/2014||Q414||$1.08||$1.12||$675.20 million||$671.00 million||View||N/A|
|7/25/2014||Q314||$1.04||$1.08||$667.65 million||$683.70 million||View||N/A|
|4/25/2014||Q214||$0.82||$0.82||$649.20 million||$650.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/24/2014||Q114||$0.89||$0.88||$640.66 million||$643.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/1/2013||Q413||$0.97||$3.50||$2.47 billion||$2.61 billion||View||N/A|
|7/26/2013||Q313||$0.84||$0.90||$660.43 million||$670.63 million||View||N/A|
|4/26/2013||Q213||$0.82||$0.80||$645.09 million||$643.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/25/2013||Q112||$0.81||$0.75||$600.00 million||$621.00 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2012||$0.90||$0.91||$619.80 million||$632.70 million||View||N/A|
Moog (NYSE:MOG.A) Earnings Estimates
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.1 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.31 EPS
Dividend History for Moog (NYSE:MOG.A)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Moog (NYSE MOG.A)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Moog (NYSE MOG.A) News Headlines
Moog (NYSE:MOG.A) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Financials are not available for this stock.
Moog (NYSE MOG.A) Stock Chart for Saturday, January, 20, 2018