About Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
Senior Housing Properties Trust is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company's segments include triple net senior living communities that provide short term and long term residential care and other services for residents; managed senior living communities that provide short term and long term residential care and other services for residents; properties leased to medical providers, medical related businesses, clinics and biotech laboratory tenants (MOBs), and all other, including certain properties that offer wellness, fitness and spa services to members. Properties in triple net senior living communities segment include leased independent living communities, assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities. Properties in managed senior living communities segment include managed independent living communities and assisted living communities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Financials
- Industry: Diversified REITs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:SNH
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.snhreit.com/
- Market Cap: $4.49 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 237,558,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $19.63
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $20.33
- 52 Week Range: $17.14 - $22.52
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 39.14
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 28.18
- P/E Growth: 10.45
- Annual Revenue: $1.07 billion
- Price / Sales: 4.19
- Book Value: $13.31 per share
- Price / Book: 1.42
- EBITDA: $591.15 million
- Net Margins: 6.43%
- Return on Equity: 2.01%
- Return on Assets: 0.95%
- Average Volume: 1.21 million shs.
- Short Ratio: 1.69
Frequently Asked Questions for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
What is Senior Housing Properties Trust's stock symbol?
Senior Housing Properties Trust trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SNH."
How often does Senior Housing Properties Trust pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Senior Housing Properties Trust?
Senior Housing Properties Trust declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, October 12th. Investors of record on Monday, October 23rd will be given a dividend of $0.39 per share on Thursday, November 16th. This represents a $1.56 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 8.26%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, October 20th. View Senior Housing Properties Trust's Dividend History.
How were Senior Housing Properties Trust's earnings last quarter?
Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH) announced its earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported $0.44 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.45 by $0.01. The firm earned $265.01 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $260.72 million. Senior Housing Properties Trust had a return on equity of 2.01% and a net margin of 6.43%. The business's revenue was up 1.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.47 earnings per share. View Senior Housing Properties Trust's Earnings History.
When will Senior Housing Properties Trust make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Senior Housing Properties Trust's stock going? Where will Senior Housing Properties Trust's stock price be in 2017?
7 equities research analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Senior Housing Properties Trust's stock. Their predictions range from $19.50 to $24.00. On average, they anticipate Senior Housing Properties Trust's share price to reach $21.25 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Senior Housing Properties Trust.
What are analysts saying about Senior Housing Properties Trust stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Senior Housing Properties Trust stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Senior Housing Properties Trust is a Maryland real estate investment trust that invests in senior housing income producing real estate, including senior apartments and assisted living, congregate care and nursing home properties. Senior apartments are marketed to residents who are generally capable of caring for themselves. Residence is generally restricted on the basis of age. Purpose built properties may have special function rooms, concierge services, high levels of security and centralized call buttons for emergency use. " (10/19/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "Following the 1Q17 joint venture formation between SNH and a sovereign wealth institutional investor in which the investor acquired 45% of SNH’s Vertex Pharmaceutical complex in Boston, we are adjusting our model to more accurately reflect the financial impact on our SNH model over the near term. However, our modestly reduced FFO/share estimates will likely be reversed as/when SNH redeploys the proceeds received into new acquisitions." (6/30/2017)
- 3. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "Joint venture accounting impact. SNH sold a 45% interest in a large Boston Seaport property for $261 million (announced 3/27/17), using the proceeds in part to pay down debt. The company had previously announced (7/18/16) a $620 million mortgage on the property, whose rent escalates once every five years, and together these financings accelerate the company’s growth. Estimating that the related non-controlling interest will run about $7 million per quarter, our new 2017 FFO estimate is $1.80 per share, vs. our prior 1.89 per share. Monetization opportunity? SNH’s $620 million mortgage (7/18/16) and joint venture with a sovereign investor that owns a 45% interest acquired for $261 million (3/27/17) is the most prominent example of an SNH asset that can be monetized and help accelerate its growth. This property is unusual in its size (valued at $1.2 billion by the market), but several large recent transactions demonstrate greater foreign interest interest in attractive U.S. healthcare assets." (6/9/2017)
- 4. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "While SNH stock is attractively priced, we maintain a HOLD rating as the macro- backdrop for SNH has changed given rising rates. We believe SNH has to actually create shareholder value now as investors focus less on yield and more on growth." (12/19/2016)
Who are some of Senior Housing Properties Trust's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Senior Housing Properties Trust include Hargreaves Lansdown PLC (HL), Land Securities Group plc (LAND), Partnerre Ltd (PRE), RSA Insurance Group plc (RSA), Plum Creek Timber Co. (PCL), British Land Company PLC (BLND), St. James's Place plc (STJ), Direct Line Insurance Group PLC (DLG), Admiral Group plc (ADM), DuPont Fabros Technology (DFT), SEGRO plc (SGRO), Investec plc (INVP), City National Corp (CYN), StanCorp Financial Group (SFG), Biomed Realty Trust (BMR), First Hawaiian (FHB), Hammerson plc (HMSO) and ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Commodity (CMD).
Who are Senior Housing Properties Trust's key executives?
Senior Housing Properties Trust's management team includes the folowing people:
- David J. Hegarty, President, Chief Operating Officer
- Richard W. Siedel Jr., Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer
- Jeffrey P. Somers, Lead Independent Trustee
- Lisa Harris Jones, Independent Trustee
- John L. Harrington, Independent Trustee
- Adam D. Portnoy, Managing Trustee
- Barry M. Portnoy, Managing Trustee
Who owns Senior Housing Properties Trust stock?
Who sold Senior Housing Properties Trust stock? Who is selling Senior Housing Properties Trust stock?
Who bought Senior Housing Properties Trust stock? Who is buying Senior Housing Properties Trust stock?
How do I buy Senior Housing Properties Trust stock?
Shares of Senior Housing Properties Trust can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Senior Housing Properties Trust's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE SNH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Senior Housing Properties Trust and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Senior Housing Properties Trust stock can currently be purchased for approximately $18.88.
Consensus Ratings for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 4 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.14)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$21.25 (12.55% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
Analysts' Ratings History for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/3/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$20.00||Low|
|9/25/2017||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Equal Weight||$18.50 -> $19.50||Low|
|9/13/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$20.00||Low|
|6/30/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$24.00||Low|
|6/9/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$24.00||Low|
|3/9/2017||Robert W. Baird||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$20.00||Low|
|12/13/2016||Wells Fargo & Company||Downgrade||Market Perform -> Underperform||N/A|
Earnings History for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)Earnings History by Quarter for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE SNH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||$0.45||$0.44||$260.72 million||$265.01 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2017||Q1 2017||$0.47||$0.14||$266.02 million||$264.56 million||View||N/A|
|2/27/2017||Q416||$0.16||$0.18||$273.86 million||$274.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2016||Q316||$0.46||$0.45||$264.26 million||$263.98 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2016||Q216||$0.47||$0.47||$259.70 million||$261.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$0.47||$0.48||$259.81 million||$258.37 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2016||Q415||$0.47||$0.48||$264.18 million||$267.51 million||View||Listen|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.46||$0.47||$252.50 million||$255.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.44||$0.45||$244.97 million||$247.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.45||$0.45||$233.25 million||$228.60 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$0.45||$0.45||$229.91 million||$229.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/3/2014||Q314||$0.45||$0.44||$222.32 million||$216.90 million||View||Listen|
|8/4/2014||Q214||$0.43||$0.43||$204.20 million||$206.71 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2014||Q114||$0.43||$0.43||$196.64 million||$191.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2014||Q413||$0.42||$0.43||$199.24 million||$200.34 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2013||Q313||$0.43||$0.42||$189.32 million||$187.27 million||View||Listen|
|7/30/2013||Q213||$0.44||$0.42||$193.01 million||$106.93 million||View||Listen|
|4/29/2013||Q113||$0.44||$0.43||$190.77 million||$189.43 million||View||Listen|
|2/15/2013||Q4 2012||$0.44||$0.43||$178.63 million||$194.16 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2012||Q312||$0.42||$0.43||$154.33 million||$158.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.86
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.95
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||268.97% (Based on This Year's Estimates)|
232.84% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE SNH)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
Latest Headlines for Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE:SNH)
Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017