Aetna Inc. is a diversified healthcare benefits company. The Company operates through three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance and Large Case Pensions. The Health Care segment's products and services consist of medical, pharmacy benefit management services, dental, behavioral health and vision plans offered on both an insured basis and an employer-funded, or administrative services contact, basis and emerging businesses products and services, such as accountable care solutions (ACS). The Group Insurance segment's products consist of Life Insurance Products, Disability Insurance Products and Long-Term Care Insurance Products. The Large Case Pensions segment manages a range of retirement products, (including pension and annuity products) primarily for tax-qualified pension plans. Its customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, healthcare providers (providers), Government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Health Care Plans
- Sub-Industry: Managed Health Care
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: AET
- CUSIP: 00817Y10
- Previous Close: $129.73
- 50 Day Moving Average: $122.54
- 200 Day Moving Average: $119.77
- 52-Week Range: $351,700,000.00 - $104.59
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.12
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.19
- P/E Growth: 1.06
- Market Cap: $45.36B
- Outstanding Shares: 351,700,000
- Beta: 0.61
- Net Margins: 3.58%
- Return on Equity: 16.39%
- Return on Assets: 4.34%
Companies Related to Aetna:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.06%
- Current Ratio: 3.13%
- Quick Ratio: 1.01%
What is Aetna's stock symbol?
Aetna trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "AET."
How often does Aetna pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Aetna?
Aetna announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, February 17th. Shareholders of record on Thursday, April 13th will be given a dividend of $0.50 per share on Friday, April 28th. This represents a $2.00 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.55%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, April 11th. This is a positive change from Aetna's previous quarterly dividend of $0.25.
Where is Aetna's stock going? Where will Aetna's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokerages have issued 1-year price objectives for Aetna's shares. Their forecasts range from $120.00 to $154.00. On average, they expect Aetna's share price to reach $136.71 in the next year.
When will Aetna announce their earnings?
Aetna is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Aetna stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Aetna stock:
- Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We view AET's decision to increase its cash dividend positively. The yield on the shares will now be about 1.6% compared to 0.8% previously. The company announced that it has increased its share repurchase authorization by $4 billion. There remains $1.1 billion outstanding on its current authorization. We view the move to return cash to shareholders positive. Prior to the release, AET and all managed care shares were trading lower today given the news that the Department of Justice will join a whistleblower lawsuit against UnitedHealth Group (UNH) regarding Medicare Advantage reimbursement." (2/14/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Aetna earnings of $1.63 per share, surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate of $1.45 and improved 19% year over year. The earnings upside was primarily driven by higher fees and other revenue in Aetna's Health Care segment. Aetna merger with Humana has been blocked by the regulators. Aetna has also been incurring losses in its public exchange business and has been exiting exchanges to avoid losses from this business. Moreover, its membership growth remains under pressure. Increasing medical benefit ratios and cessation of share buyback are also likely to hurt margins. In 2016 the stock of Aetna gained 17.9% lower than the gain of 30% logged by the Zacks categorized Medical Health Maintainence Organisation industry. Nevertheless, Aetna expects long-term growth from its Government business. Cost-reduction initiatives will also add to earnings. A strong balance sheet is another positive." (2/2/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "AET's 4Q EPS was strong (beat by 13%), while initial 2017 guidance was below consensus on both the top and bottom line. As always, favorable prior period development (PPD) is excluded from the outlook and could generate upside. Looking to 2018, earnings growth should accelerate from buyback tailwinds and exiting HIX. We bump up our EPS projections for capital deployment, but remain Hold as the stock seems fairly valued." (2/1/2017)
Who owns Aetna stock?
Aetna's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (6.15%), FMR LLC (2.20%), Glenview Capital Management LLC (1.48%), Janus Capital Management LLC (1.39%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.12%) and Davis Selected Advisers (1.12%). Company insiders that own Aetna stock include Franklin Barbara Hackman, Gary W Loveman, Jeffrey E Garten, Joseph M Zubretsky, Margaret M Mccarthy, Mark T Bertolini, Molly Joel Coye, Shawn M Guertin and William James Casazza.
Who sold Aetna stock? Who is selling Aetna stock?
Aetna's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Janus Capital Management LLC, Systematic Financial Management LP, I.G. Investment Management LTD., Deerfield Management Co., Credit Agricole S A, Numeric Investors LLC and Vulcan Value Partners LLC. Company insiders that have sold Aetna stock in the last year include Jeffrey E Garten, Margaret M Mccarthy, Mark T Bertolini and Shawn M Guertin.
Who bought Aetna stock? Who is buying Aetna stock?
Aetna's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Glenview Capital Management LLC, Davis Selected Advisers, Renaissance Technologies LLC, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, AQR Capital Management LLC, Orbimed Advisors LLC, Fred Alger Management Inc. and Asset Management One Co. Ltd..
How do I buy Aetna stock?
Shares of Aetna can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Aetna stock cost?
One share of Aetna stock can currently be purchased for approximately $128.97.